TTC after a loss: buddy's now pregnant

daisy - yes they will give me someoen to help me, so they will do about 30% of my job duties, it's a pretty sweet deal and wil work out in my favour quite nicely :)

Lol.... Realized I said future in my last post instead of hopeful... I've changed it! Pregnancy brain or what?!

Kate.. That is awesome! Mil came over this afternoon... She had made some food for us and then did my vacuuming so same sort of deal. :rofl: it's nice to have someone else do some work for us!

Lol... Yeah everyone thinks I'm almost in labor I think even though i feel much better. They are more paranoid than I am! It felt pretty weird though to sit there and watch someone clean my house! Ha! We didn't really ask for help or accept much help when Megan was born and realized after the fact that we should have accepted more help from our families. So we had already told them that we would like more help this time... And they are excited about it as I think they would have liked to help more when Megan was born. Think this just gives them an excuse to start early and gives me practice at accepting the help!

Daisy/Hopeful - the concert was great! It was Big Head Todd and the Monsters playing at the Varsity Theater. They have sort-of a blues sound. If you've ever heard the song "bittersweet" that's one of their better known ones. I've seen them live about 7 times now :) The only bad part was standing that long- my lower back hurt a bit afterwards- but still so worth it. We got to try a new place nearby the venue called Kafe 421. Super great food and atmosphere- I'd go back again in a heartbeat. I had lamb and practically didn't need to chew it because it just melted in my mouth. The hotel was ok- the pool water was nicely warm so I swam for quite a while. Such a good weekend!

glad you had such a great weekend future, we took it easy here, as usual lol. glad that football season is finally over in an hour or so! haha, dh is obsessed and i hate it!

Sounds like a terrific wknd Future! And now I want lamb, lol!

O Kate I'm sad football is ending, lol, I always watch it with the guys.

Ok ladies I have a nasty taste in my mouth allllll the time..lol!! I can eat something delicious and 30 secs later i'll have a horrible taste just lingering around! I find myself eating something just to mask it for a few seconds. Anyone get this?if so does it ever go away??!!

I think its part of morning sickness... Goes along wth too much saliva, nausea, etc. I would get it at times in first tri, but it wasn't a constant thing for me.

Future...so glad you had a fun weekend! Dh was on call and worked most of the weekend. But we went to mil's so dh could get his haircut, ( she has a business in her house) and we ended up getting megans first haircut! I almost cried! My baby is growing up! She didn't have much to cut... But just trimmed it a bit so it's more even.

Hi ladies! Finally have a doc appt! Its not until the 21st so I'm still going crazy,ugh!! Luckily time is going kinda fast!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Yay for a dr visit planned! I'm on 1 visit a week right now. Lol I'm so sick of the drs already!

My 16 wk check up is on Friday! I'm glad to be on 1 time per month visits still :) that's enough for now - I think I'll get sick of it when it moves to even every other week.

Mirage - I found that sucking on lemon drop candies worked well for getting the bad taste out of my mouth. It did eventually go away.

I'm sending Dh to go get some right now!THANK YOU!!

:happydance: :baby: :happydance:

I felt the baby kicking today!!! First times were this morning before I got up like little taps - about 6 in a row. Then, this afternoon there was a big one that made me sure that it was what I was feeling! I'm so thrilled :)

Future how exciting is that!! Somebody is getting big in there!!

It's been quiet on here! Hope everyone had a nice weekend. It's snowing a little here today - I know I shouldn't complain, but we've been so spoiled by the nice weather that this still bums me out. Anyone have special plans for Valentines? My DH is out of town - so we celebrated in advance and went to dinner and bowling. I think this is going to feel like a looong week.

Happy valentines day everyone!

Future.. Bowling sounds like a great valentines. We stayed in a hotel last weekend with Megan... That was our valentines to each other.

I had another appt yesterday and bp is creeping up there. 4 1/2 weeks til 37 weeks! With my bp I'm sure I'll be induced early again so got that date in my mind... Cause I have to get things done sooner! Lol

How is everyone doing?

happy valentines day girls!

daisy - your baby is coming so quick! did you find out the gender?

happy 17 weeks future! at least that snow is melting as fast as it came.

how are you doing mirage, heavyheart and kate?

afm: scan on thurs, just a normal one as i get them every 2 weeks now. level 2 is on march 8. they already think boy and girl so that scan will confirm it enough for me!
i bought a ton of stuff, at BRU trade in sale (not sure if I mentioned that before)? my bff brought me 5 things to trade in, so with that and buying 2 of things discount on the larger stuff i got 35% off of 2 cribs, 2 carseats, 10% off 2 mattresses and 25% off a pack n play. it will stay in boxes for awhile but couldn't pass up the deals.

Glad to hear things are going well hopeful. What is your level 2 for? Is it more standard with twins? I had a level 2 this time since this baby had the cysts on her brain, but no level 2 with Megan. How exciting to be finding out boy and girl!!!

We are having a girl!

Thanks for the reminder on the bru sale, I think it's done this weekend. We are going to trade in megans bassinet which we didn't like and get a double stroller. Also thinking about another portacrib or a different basinett. Hmm I still have too many decisions to make! Not having a nursery this time and not needing to buy everything is making it harder I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->