TTC after a loss: buddy's now pregnant

moving is such a nightmare eh? We have to sell all of our furniture because we are moving cross country, but i cant wait to move, im so excited 10 weeks and we will be nearing home.

hope everyone is doing great today. ive been taking lots of sick days to sleep, how do people work so late into pregnancy! I cant!

My crib just arrived today!! YAY! I can't wait for DH to be home this weekend - we'll probably have time to put it together on Sunday! Makes me feel like we're getting some progress made towards being ready.

My sides and lower tummy are kinda achey/sore today. It seems to me like things are stretching a little again. It's funny to me how it has gone in spurts so far. It's neat to know that baby is growing bigger - but it is neater that now I should start showing even more too.

hi girls,

I can't believe how far along everyone is! seems like just yesterday we were just starting out. you'll get here soon Mirage!

future- awesome to get the crib! I have mine too but they will stay in boxes until my mom comes up to paint (she's 3 hours south of here)

kate - are you moving away from or back to vancouver?

daisy - hope you doing well and the megan is better!

How many weeks were you ladies when you heard your lo heartbeat?!? I'm sad we had our 1st appt today and I just knew we would hear it. The Doc said everything looked good and I'll just have to wait till a little further along to hear it. I'm just so sad...lol!!

They could see it at 6 wks and hear it I think around 10 wks? As long as they can see it, it's fine

Yay for crib future! How exciting!

Mirage... I found it at home at 11 weeks exactly, my dr couldn't find it at 12+3 or 12+ 5 when I went back for a uti. They tried at my 8+3 appt as well and I got to have a scan because of my history because they couldn't find it ( it was a cnp vs one of the ob drs or I don't think that would have happened). At the 12 week appts when the ob dr couldn't find it she brought in a mobile ultrasound machine and said she could use that one then because I had been scanned already or policy says they can't use it. I didn't hear baby's heartbeat at the dr til 16+3 and think I was around 15 weeks with Megan.

Kate - moving is always stressful, but definetly moreso when preggers too! I hope it all goes smoothly for you and you can get all settled in for when the nesting kicks in :)

Hi Hopeful! What color are you going to pain the nursery?

Mirage - I think it depends on the machine the u/s tech is using- the equipment where I go must be pretty good I think- at my 7 wk u/s we saw and heard the HB for the first time. Each OB check up since 12 wks the Dr. has been able to listen to it with doppler too.

Future... With us yes they can hear it as soon as it starts... But the one dr told me the earliest she has ever found it with a doppler was 9 and that was very early, another dr told me they don't typically try to find it til at least 12 weeks as earlier is very hit or miss.

yeah - mine was just using a doppler so they couldn't hear it in the early weeks.

future - i don't know yet! possibly green on the bottom and blue on top? or tan on bottom and green on top? I was thinking 2 tones as it's probably a boy and a girl and i don't want pink walls...i need to go to the paint store and look at colors. i am also thinking about buying decals to make a jungle theme.
how about you? any colors picked out?

Hi Daisy - my SIL had her first u/s at 9 wks, but the machine they were using didn't have audio I guess? She's 11 or so weeks now and got a 2nd u/s- she still hasn't been able to hear it. My Dr. warned me the first time she was going to use the dopler (at 12wks) that she may not be able to find it and not to worry if we couldn't. So I realize there's a difference between the two techniques. I'm just surprised when people who have has their u/s say they didn't get to hear.

Hopeful- that sounds like a good idea - I think green is a good choice :)especially with a jungle theme.

I found a bedding set that has an interesting grouping of animals- I picked it because it has a panda in it (my fav animal)- it also has a monkey, a giraffe, an elephant, and the really strange one - a caterpillar... it's called "peek-a-boo pals". Anyways it has a bunch of colors green, blue, red, yellow, brown, tan etc. We painted the walls yellow. By making it neutral we figured it would be longer before we'd need to repaint - once kid 2 comes along we'll move kid 1 into the other room I think and the nursery will stay a nursery. Then when that one is older they can decide what color they'd like it to be then.

:-D whoa!! I feel so much better! Thank you ladies! I didn't know there were different techniques. I have to tell hubby so he won't be so bummed out. He's gotten just as bad with googling everything just like me, lol!!

Future I love that bedding set!!

Hopeful jungle decals?! Great idea!!

You ladies have me anxious and ready to paint and shop! Come April I'll be picking out some things. I already said I want the room to be grey, yellow, and white. Now I'm thinking what themes can go with that?!

It helps when I attach the file.... :haha::haha:

Attachments

• 18wkclothesweb.jpg
    18wkclothesweb.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 2
Thanks :) I'm enjoying that it looks like a bump, but that it isn't huge yet. I'm still pretty comfy overall- doesn't weigh too much yet.

We got the crib put together this weekend- quite an adventure.

How exciting you got the crib up! Made me cry when we put up megans! Made it so real!

Dr appt and scan this morning, baby measuring about 5 lbs 46%ile! but my bp isnt looking good... So looks like I'll be induced sooner vs later. Was so hoping to make it to 38 weeks at least this time, but doesn't look like it's going to happen. Well as long as she is ok... All that matters!

lol- I did cry while putting the crib together, but not because I was feeling emotional. DH and I couldn't agree on the interpretation of all the pictures. It was way more frustrating than it had to be.

Haha....then let me suggest you leave plenty of time for car seat installation! Dh thought that was the worst!

lol - good tip :) I may not get the car seat until my shower though and I think that will be in May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->