• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC after a loss: buddy's now pregnant

Yay- I made it to eggplant! (I think it was on papaya for 3 weeks!!) I don't know why, but this was the veggie I wanted to be on my ticker the most. Well, watermelon will be good too, but that's a ways away still.

Yay for eggplant!!! Time will really go quick now I bet! Almost 3rd tri!

When is your baby shower planned for? Have you been buying things or waiting til after the shower?? Noticed a garage sale sign the other day and thought of you. :haha:

Yay for viability hopeful! Didn't realize you and future were exactly 1 week apart!

Jordan is very well... Very good baby! She is eating lots and very content. Some nights is eating every 4 hrs.... Although sometimes it's still more like 2-3 hrs.

Ive been dealing with lots with my bp, I had food poisoning last Friday and ended up going to the er because of it on saturday. Got an iv and meds for my bp as it was so high. Been having headaches, spd still hurting, just annoying stuff... Just wanting to get back to feeling like normal so I can just be a mom and enjoy my girls!

Megan loves her sister... Seeing the 2 girls together just melts my heart!

Told dh my goal is to get pics on the computer by the end of the weekend... So you will eventually get to see pics! Lol got to get birth announcements ordered as well. Never enough hours in the day these days!

Hey Daisy! I know only 1 more week till 3rd tri- I'm excited :)
I get 2 showers - one for my side of the fam and one for DH's side. Both are going to be in June - one near the beginning and one at the end. I'm trying to wait to see what I get... but it is driving me a little crazy. I like to get stuff prepared and since my showers are only about a mo from my EDD it feels last minute to me to have to get whatever I don't receive at that point. So the things I've been buying are things I can find used mostly. I'm waiting on the new items still (except the crib- I didn't figure anyone was going to get that for me so I got that myself). The city-wide sales here are only a couple weeks away!! I'll probably get a bunch of stuff going around to those!

Hi Hopeful - hope the babies are doing well! I'm starting to get a little uncomfy with just one- it's hard for me to imagine 2!

Agree future... I can't imagine 2 in there! Hopeful... How are you feeling these days?

How is everyone else doing?

Future... Need to find out when my town wide sales are yet... Got to see if dh will be around to take care of the girls as I can't imagine trying to go to them while dragging them along. I think whatever you find you can be more specific on items on your registry. A lot of people bought me clothes... Newborn and 3 months, baby socks, and bibs. So not sure if those are the most popular items or if it was just people at my showers, lol.

I'm hoping that people will stick to my registry (otherwise why make one, lol).... I don't have ANY clothes on mine. People may still get some anyways, but I kinda hope not - since I can get those in abundance on garage sales myself. The things on my registry are things I would either like to have new, or things that I really need to have and could use help with because they're more expensive. I will honestly be sad if I mostly got clothes because I don't think it is as helpful.

Im at my glucose test, just took the drink!

Daisy- did you have tetanus/whooping cough shot? They offered it to me today, I think I will get it but this afternoon (have another appt, fetal fibronectin test that they do here with multiples)
They said if I don't get the shot now, I get it after delivery in the hospital.

Sorry to hear about food poisoning and high bp! Double whammy. Happy to hear that Jordan is doing well. I bet it's really a balance with 2 young ones.

Future- your showers will be awesome, I've heard people always buy clothes no matter what ;)
My family is almost 3 hours south of here in the southeast corner and I can't take that long drive so shower will be after I have the babies. Wish it was before! Dh family is just his mom and bro living here so they wouldn't have a shower...
My coworkers will probably have one I hope!!! I wanted 1 before they were born. But I have a ton of stuff from the moms of multiples sale. Still have to spend maybe 2k more though! Rocker, bouncers, swings, bf pump, video monitor, stuff like that. And I wanted an arms reach cosleeper just for the bassinet part (to put in my bedroom but not attach to bed) as it had a 30 lb weight limit on the bassinet.

Daisy- do you keep Jordan in your room for awhile?
I got the cribs set up in a 10 by 10 room, it's tiny. Need to get my desk out of there too and put the dresser/changing table in.

I had that shot after delivery. It was never mentioned before that. My arm ached for a week and had a welt looking thing where it was given and was warm to the touch. They said that whooping cough is really making a comeback so they are encouraging all parents to get it. We were going to check and see if dh is up to date on his as neither of us could remember when we had gotten it last ( they last 10 years).

Most people didn't go off our registries and I was disappointed because I had spent fover on them. I had 2 showers and registered at bru and target and was hoping I'd get more stuff that I needed but nope... People wanted to buy cute baby clothes instead. I think I got like 50 pairs of baby socks. Lol it was crazy. And I had Megan in mostly sleepers as it was winter so barely used any of the socks. Ha!

Hopeful... Megan was in our room for 10 weeks before we moved her to her nursery ( which was right next to our room) she was a light sleeper and would wake whenever we would even roll over in bed. Lol. She is still a light sleeper... Just who she is. Jordan is in our room. Right now we have her sleeping in the napper part of portacrib for naps during the day in the living room and fisher price sleep and play at night in our room. Our bedroom isn't that big... It's filled with furniture including our king bed. I like having her right next to me vs at the bottom of the bed which is where we would fit something bigger and will be doing that soon I guess. Don't want her totally in the habit of sleeping in the sleep and play vs laying flat. But she won't be in a crib for a while as we live in a split level and don't want to move one of the girls downstairs. So either Jordan sleeps in our room or megans, and Megan is such a horrible sleeper I'm hoping to keep Jordan in with us as long as possible.
When we did move megan as an infant to her own room we got an angel care movement monitor, I loved it! It helped me sleep better at night vs always going in and checking on her. She had horrible reflux though and would spit up in her sleep and then I would go flip her over so she wasnt choking on it. That make me more nervous than SIDS or anything.

I haven't brought my bouncer out yet, and don't have a swing. ( well we had one but it basically broke when Megan was messing around with it a few months back) Megan hated the swing as a baby so we decided we were going to wait to buy one. Still haven't bought my double stroller.... That for sure I need to get.

I am thinking about getting a thicker mattress for a portacrib and use that in our room. That way I can use the portracrib after baby is bigger as well. Figured the arms reach basinett would be useless by the time they can sit up as they could fall out.

Hopeful- I got my tetanus and whooping cough shot when I was 12 wks.
It would be great if your co-workers gave you one before and the family did one after - best of both worlds that way.

I'm not planning on having Ben in the room with me - I hope he'll take to his crib. His room will be right across the hall from ours. I'd like a pack-n-pay for at my studio.

DH and I were looking at glider rocker chairs... the one we both REALLY like is $700.... so we're still thinking about it. It seems silly to spend that much on a chair, but at the same time it will last basically forever- through however many kids we have and I think it will get a lot of use daily for feedings. When we don't need it in the nursery it would be nice for me to sit in in his office while he's working at his desk if I want to keep him company. He's pretty much convinced that it would be worth it- I'm the one who feels bad about it.

Future- what kind of chair and type of it? I love best chairs Irvington but its way too big for the room, I can't fit any glider into nursery but putting it in spare bedroom next to it.
I also love dutalier matrix too... They are so expensive!

Do you have a glider daisy?

I have a glider rocker with wooden arms that I never use. Had it before babies... And we ended up putting it downstairs as Megan was hitting her head on it, etc. I actually had a daycare toddler knock a tooth out on it. :dohh:

What we have in megans room is a small lazy boy rocker. My mom had it given to her years ago by a friend who was moving... So it doesn't match anything ( it's blue ) but it works well for the space as it's not huge but cozy. I have used that in her room since she was born. It worked really well for feedings as I did most feedings in her room with low lights or she was too distracted to eat. Then as she got bigger it became where we read books before naps and bedtime. So we still have that chair in her room... Used mostly for reading books.

We bought a new chair and couch for our living room right before Jordan was born. It's a leather lazy boy big recliner. Super comfy. It works well for feedings and yet also for the room.... So it's not just for feedings. We figured that was more practical for long run vs a new glider just for feedings. I don't feed Jordan in our bedroom as we figure why wake the other person up for feedings ( ESP since we are bottle feeding). So whoever gets up for a feeding the other one is getting to sleep. We are doing her diaper changes in the living room anyway so that works for now.

Hi ladies sounds like everyone is doing well!!

Daisy your having a rough time over there, hope things get back to normal for you asap!!

Hopeful what did the glucose drink taste like?lol, I've heard so many things about it.

I got a job!! I'm so happy! I was sick and tired of sitting around! I need to stay active! Its a pretty easy job too, so that's a plus!!

HAVE A GREAT WKND LADIES!!!

Congrats on the job mirage! The drink had been in their fridge and tasted like flat orange pop, wasn't bad at all.

Found a chair I love, still a little wide but I will find a place for it. It's a best chair- bilana. Buy buy baby let's you use 20% off coupon from bedbath n beyond but I'm going to get it from USA baby who will match that price and they get it quicker (4-6 wks) instead of 8-10 wks. Hopefully will order it tomorrow
Should be around 425 plus tax after the discounts. One I sat in today was 570 at baby grand

I got a book shelf set up in baby's room- it is really starting to feel more like a nursery now. Nice to be getting things more organized instead of bags being dumped in the middle of the floor! I also got the mobile assembled and attached to the crib. I really want to get my chair soon so that all the furniture will be in there.

Exciting that you picked a chair hopeful!

Mirage.. My glucose drink was the same. Not bad tasting, just very sweet and felt a bit ick after it just with the sugar spike. But super easy compared to most everything else pregnancy related. Lol. Have heard some places use a fruit punch type drink and some use the orange. I read someone got to eat jellybeans instead! Wish I had that dr! Ha!

Glad you found a job!

Future.... Fun when it starts looking like a nursery! Do you have bedding for the crib yet or is it set up but bare?

I've had the bedding set for a long time already it was one of the first things I purchased (while we were still TTC before the 1st pg had even happened). I don't have it put out yet though because we don't have a mattress for the crib yet.

When we had bedding on the crib... That's when it really hit me with Megan. Other things in the room were done... Walls were painted,etc. But once even the fitted sheet was on... I could picture my baby sleeping in there. Will never forget that moment....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->