TTC after a loss: buddy's now pregnant

I didn't have a nt scan.. But if I had to do it over I would have done one. Even for just an extra scan! My hospital doesn't do them but refers to mayo for them, and I felt like it would just be too much work. Ha! But after going there for my level 2 scan, realized I should have done it. Future... You might want to do one? I think my insurance would have covered it too. But my insurance covers about all of prenatal 100%, my deductible doesn't matter until labor and delivery. Then it's 2000 each! Then 80/20. And we pay so much each month for this family coverage.(like 800ish!) It's crazy. Our payments seem to go up every year and deductible went to that a few years ago. anyway.. Rant over!
Future... When is your 3rd scan? Most places have 20 week as the last scan before birth. I had growth scans with Megan at 32+6 And 36+6 and fluid check ultrasounds once a week... Think it was 4 or 5 of those at the end. Not sure if I will have those again or not... Depends on if my bp plays nice or not. Otherwise I would be all done with scans.

Baby has had a quiet few days.... Still feeling her just not tons and no huge movements that we can see on the outside.

Yay on the great ultrasound hopeful! Heartbeats sound similar to mine around that time!

I don't know if I'd have the NT scan- probably not. The 3rd one (if I remember correctly) what she said is at like 35 weeks- to check and see if the head is down.

hey ladies
i didnt have a NT scan either, my tests were just done through blood tests, i dont have a scan until feb 21(gender scan)
so glad to hear you guys are doing well, have an amazing holiday everyone!

Merry Christmas, i hope you are all around your families! Dh and i are bypassing christmas this year, saving it all up for next year when we move home and are around our extended families that we miss so much.

Enjoy ladies :)

It's about a quarter to 5 and I'm all set to go to our gathering for this evening! Hubby had to help with the early mass - so just waiting for him to get back, then we'll still have to leave early-ish because I sing at the 10:00 mass and need to be there by 9.

We're still undecided if anything will be said to extended family members tonight... because we are telling his parents and sibs tomorrow and want it to still be a surprise for them. I guess we'll see how it goes.

On a side note: I think that last night I was able to feel the top of my uterus poking up just a little bit above my pubic bone for the first time! I had DH check it out too and he also thinks that it is what it is- we've never felt anything firm in that area before :)

Well, now DH's parents and sibs know and of course they are super happy :) MIL (Grandma!) said she had a feeling that we were. It was cute she actually had a gift ready for baby "just in case" she was right, lol. We didn't tell the extended fam yet. There just didn't seem to be a good way to tell them before the immediate family knew. So we'll still be working on spreading the word to everyone for a while.

so happy for you future, it feels great to share the news :)

hi ladies just thought id pop in and see how you are all getting on :flower:

All doing good from what ive read :thumbup: hope you all had a wonderful xmas :hugs::hugs: i had a lovely one shared with all the closest family which was perfect. Ive had a lazy day today with my girls for the first time in sooooo long which is just lovely, 3.30 in the afternoon and we'r still not dressed :blush: no point now lol.

I have my nt scan next week, i currently have said no to them measuring the fluid that tells you if your high risk or not to having a baby with downs and/or other problems. i know it wouldnt make a difference to us wanting/loving this baby but i recently iam doubting the decision and think its maybe best to have it done so that if there were to be anything we can be prepared for it as much as possible surely that would be best for baby for us and for our 2 children we have but these tests are not greatly reliable on their results so iam feeling torn :wacko: xxx

hey heavyheart - i didn't even know you were pg, congrats and wow 11 weeks, where the hell have i been. glad to hear you had a nice christmas

Hope everyone had a good Xmas. We just got home late this afternoon. And not enough energy to get everything cleaned up and put away. Lol

Hi Heavyheart,
Good luck with the NT scan.

I'm feeling pretty drained from the weekend still too. We had a gathering Sat, Sun, & Mon- and I have a girls night tonight with my friends. I feel like it is really lazy of me, but I think I may close this afternoon so I don't have to sit at the studio and bring my work home on my laptop instead so I can be comfy and watch Tv while I do it.

i think thats a good idea photog, ake some time to relax!!

Today I'm feeling even more ucky than yesterday- I decided to not go in today either. I'm laying on my couch watching movies all day long and I also already called in for my evening job to let them know I won't be in tonight either. I really hope I feel better tomorrow so I can get some more work done. In the meantime being horizontal definetly helps! Now I need to figure out what i can eat that won't make me feel worse.

No fun future! Hopefully it's short lived! Have you tried the sea bands? They did nothing for me,,, but heard others like them. Might be worth a try? Nothing really helped mine. It was worst when I was tired though... Although some days I would have a full nights sleep and it was still horrible. Sometimes keeping something in my system seemed to help... Carbs mostly. But really think we just have to suffer through it.

Taking Megan to the dr today. It's been a long week. She's not been eating at all and it's so weird. But today she did eat a bit... So maybe whatever is going on is getting better? I hope so!

99 days left for me! It is flying by! And I am not ready at all!!!!

Daisy- you are so close!

Future- I feel the same, want to lay down constantly, I have sea bands but couldnt take wearing them as they should be tight and I hate tight around my wrists. I have t puked though, just tired and dizzy.

Heavy heart- I feel the same about the nt scan but my re said that from the internal scans , they can pretty much see if things are off and she said after a good nt scan you will be that much more at ease with everything which made me feel much better.

How are you Kate?

hey everyone,

daisy - is megan eating better today?

i have my geneticist appointment on tuesday and i have the autopsy report so we will see, im a bit nervous, but feeling positive

Megan is eating! It's like nothing was wrong! :dohh: it's so odd! She couldn't eat for a whole week... And then all of a sudden she could! I know she wanted to eat as would try but then just scrape it off her tongue. And her tummy was growling. Poor girl! Dr couldn't find anything wrong with her of course! Her eating started before nap yesterday, and after nap on the way to the dr she ate a cereal bar, raisins, and mini cookies... Like nothing was wrong! I'm glad she is doing better... It was worrying me. And she is skinny for her height. 85% height and 30% weight. She coudnt afford to lose anything as there is no fat on her!

Kate... After what youve told us about dh's baby I'm sure the appt will be fine! :hugs:

Anyone doing anything for the new year? Dh is on call. We were going to have my brothers over to play board games, but canceled it. My house is a mess, I'm tired, and so much to do. Also realized since they would probably want to be drinking... They would be bored at my house! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->