TTC after a loss: buddy's now pregnant

Hi girls! I'm around, back to work. Had scan today, measuring 10+3 and heartbeats 168 and 165. I had internal u/s then my dr tried the Doppler, heard one and the other she said was lower, behind my pubic bone I think? So couldn't hear it but she said they are so close together it's hard to tell the difference between them.

Hope you feel better future! I have more energy now so feeling good about that.

Daisy- you are almost done! It's gonna go fast!

Isn't the warm weather awesome?

Kate- awesome you heard the heartbeat!

that is amazing! congrats, i can't believe you are having twins hopeful. unbelievable :)

Glad things are going well hopeful! And how exciting to get another scan!

Megan and I spent much of the afternoon outside, can't believe how nice it is! It felt like spring! Which means that it's going to be that much more a shock to the system I think when winter finally hits! Lol

I'm trying to get organized for the baby! I spent all of 1st tri being sick and not believing I was pregnant, 2nd tri being lazy, and now I've got to get a move on! We are going up to the cities this weekend to do some shopping.. (They have a bigger babiesrus) and going to stay over at a hotel. Megan has been talking about swimming all month. She finds her swimsuits even when I have hid them and wants to wear them and wants to go to the pool. So decided we better get these trips in now... As this spring might not be as easy to just pick up and go with the 2 of them. Talking about going to wisconsin dells later this month for a long weekend. Kalahari has an indoor water park we went to last summer and we want to go back. Megan loved it!

Daisy- there's a buy buy baby in Woodbury (kind if a drive) I havent been there yet but I've heard it's good too. I work a couple miles from babies r us, that place is awesome

Hi hopeful- Glad that your scan was good! YES- I LOVE this weather!!! I went for a nice long walk yesterday and plan to again today :)
Daisy- you're right though- when it does finally turn colder and we get some snow I don't think I'll be ready for it. I bet it will be really nasty to make up for how nice it is now.

My mom is sooo excited to take me baby shopping- there's a babies R us close to them. I've looked online at the prices though and to me they seem higher than I've seen elsewhere- so I don't know if we'll buy much there- just go and explore and research- then try to find better deals elsewhere. I'm more excited to hit up the second hand stores like once upon a child.

Daisy- Megan sound like me when I was little- I was such a little fish! I loved to go swimming all the time. My parents used to get hotel rooms on ocassion just so I could go to the pool.

My DH wants to go to the Dells- neither of us have ever been- but I don't want to go while I'm pg because I want to be able to go down the slides etc at water parks! So I think we'll be waiting until our kid is old enough to have fun going and then it will be one of our first family trips.

Megan was at a good age last summer for the dells.. But would be at an even better age now. They had great kids areas! Dh went down a few slides... But I didnt.

I registered at babiesrus up in bloomington ( way bigger than the one in rochester) and target when I was pregnant with Megan. I had lots of gifts from both places and lots of newborn baby clothes were given at my showers. Think any of you will have a shower?
Babiesrus sometimes have really good coupons for bigger items it's awesome... Like 25% or 30% off of anything, when you use on bigger items is quite a savings. I like a certain bath foam sponge to lay baby on vs a baby bath tub ( megan hated the baby bath) and cheapest place I've found it is babiesrus. Amazon was over double the price! I've been looking online at double strollers but it's hard to really see them.. We want to go see them in person.

https://www.google.com/products/cat...a=X&ei=4DwHT7KoJMvnggeDsYCAAg&ved=0CFwQ8wIwBA

I bought this online the other day and just got it. Dhs cousin had one with her 2nd baby and loved it. I found a good sale on it... I've been looking for a good sale including free shipping for a few months now.

I bought some baby washcloths, a baby blanket (30 % off!), and some bottle brushes the other day at target and SAMs club. I've gotten some diapers as well in newborn and size one.

This weekend we also hope to go look for a toddler bed for megan. Might end up buying it online if we don't find something right away.

The one in Bloomington is where I'd be going to - that's my hometown :)

jealous of your good weather, its been pouring rain here for 2 weeks, sweet eh? blah!

I am feeling exhausted today! Which I guess is better than feeling nauseous :) I just don't know how I'll keep my eyes open for the rest of the afternoon! I have to work at the paper tonight too- so I won't be in bed until 11:30 - boo!

Yay for not feeling nauseas!

Im trying to get a few things done and then get outside for a while... try to enjoy this beautiful day... esp since tomorrow is supposed to be back to winter!

Dr appt yesterday went ok. Fundal height was measuring almost 29! And yet they are going to do a growth ultrasound in 2 weeks because of megans being so small when she was born. But measuring ahead - Im surprised - but not complaining as I'll get to see baby again! We decided not to do a 3d scan this pregnancy - but did with megan. Anyone else thought about if they are going to do one or not?

Roughly how much do the 3D scans cost? I'd consider it if it isn't too expensive...

https://www.enlightened4dimaging.com/4d-ultrasounds.html

This isn't the place we went... But was first when I googled. They do seem expensive to me for what they are... Which is one reason we aren't doing one this time. Some people really love them... We found we never looked at the pics or DVD after Megan was born. So decided this time we would rather just spend the money on pics for after baby is born. It's exciting seeing the baby again of course!

Thanks for the link Daisy! I'll have to see if Dh is interested. The price isn't as bad as I was thinking it would be! The REGULAR u/s at my dr's office was $800+.

hey everyone how are we all today, i have big news

WE ARE HAVING A BABY GIRL!

Yay Kate!!! How did you find out so soon!!! :happydance:

Future... Lol no it's not as bad as the drs office. I think the place I went was a bit more expensive... I think we paid around 200 but got a Teddy bear with her heartbeat if you pushed on his tummy as well. At the time I loved ours... And was really glad we did it. After our 20 week scan with megan we would have done anything to see her again as we were just so excited! Maybe it's just different this time being my 2nd? But we didn't love the lady that did ours either... Maybe it put me off some?

Yay Kate that is so exciting!!!
I was just thinking about you this morning when I got up too- I knew you were a little ahead of me, but couldn't remember how many weeks exactly. I forgot to congratulate you on being in the second tri! (I guess it begins when week 14 starts- so 2 more weeks for me to go until I can claim that status) :)
I am really really hoping for a girl. So happy for you!

I have read that male sperm are faster swimmers but get tired so they don't live as long and that female sperm gets to the egg more slowly but has a better chance to still be viable if you O a few days after DTD last... I don't know how much truth there is to this, but I thought I'd ask if any of you had any suspicions what you'd get based on how you'd bded? If you covered all the days there isn't any way to tell- but if you know you either did it a few days before you o'ed only or on the day you o'ed etc.
I'd guess I'll end up with a boy because we weren't able to bd the few days prior to O, but did bd on O day.
It's neat you found out so early! Did you get an extra scan/ how could they tell?

We covered our bases each time... So no way of knowing based off that method. But I've heard that before too.

thats interesting future
and thank you for the congrats ladies

my friend/coworker who is the ultrasound supervisor at a top hospital here did a free scan for me, i was only 14+5 but she said she got good angles and is fairly certain, but not to paint the nursery until my details scan feb 7 lol

Attachments

• griffinbaby2.pdf
    130.4 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back