TTC After A Loss... Race for the BFP! - 211 BFP's!!!

I just thought I would do an update on me since my mc in Feb. We haven't really been trying (except this cycle) since the mc.
I went to the FS yesterday because he wanted to see me before he gave me more Femara. So he did a scan and said that I do need the progesterone. My lining was thick, but not as think as he would like to see for CD 27 in order to sustain a pregnancy. So since I haven't taken the progesterone for 3 cycles, I need to start using it again. Which is fine, I just was just seeing how my cycles went without it. Also, next month, he wants me to do a post coital test. Which is when we have sex the night before (right when I get a peak on the CBFM) and they do a scan and take a specimen of the mucus to make sure that all is working well at the right time. So I guess I will be doing that in a couple of weeks. Fun!!!!!!!! So that was my fun time yesterday!
I was reading the posts above. I have had all kinds of blood tests done and I think my doctor said there was about 4 pages of blood tests yesterday. Maybe I should ask for a copy, but I can't see why he wouldn't tell me even if one little thing was off?

:hugs: Megg, Groovygirl
Sorry your Drs. are crap!

Anne, I'm sure they'll give you the results if you request them. Glad things are moving forward. Good luck with the next tests!

Good morning everyone. I just wanted to say that I am sorry for those of you having to go through all these blood tests, have horrible doctors, and just overall having a hard time.:hugs:

Boo for rubbish docs and it sucks you guys have to pay for the privilege! Thought I would say well done girls for taking charge and pushing for what u need, must be especially hard to do post mc. Good idea setting up a new thread, this stuff is so technical. Megg is vit d deficiency easy to fix? Is that the 'sunshine' vit? Hope you all get the answers you need, keep pushing! X

Anne - I don't know why they wouldn't tell you if something was off either... but I don't know why they didn't tell me that something was off! I don't know if I'd ever have found out if I wasn't so pushy! The difference between my 18 and the optimal 50-70 is something I consider pretty major! And, they said it was "all normal." I'd get a copy to be sure! :hugs:

Rainbow - Yes, its the sunshine one! I'm not an outdoors kind of girl! LOL Its easy enough to fix. I'm starting on 5000 IU supplements of Vit D today! That should snap it back into shape! I'm also going to make an effort to spend 20 minutes a day outside.. GRRR @ the thought of spending any time outside! Luckily, I have a convertible! Haha!

Not saying this is your case, Megg, but wanted to bring up the fact that research has found that people who consumed pop on a regular basis produced lower levels of D3 and had less calcium absorption. It is thought that the phosphoric acid actually leaches calcium from the bones. Individuals in these studies had poorer bone density than non-pop drinkers.

Anne - I hope that the progesterone does the trick and that the post coital test goes well.

Update- So i finally had my DR. apt and confirmed the Chemical Pregnancy, :sad1: and When I ask for the hcg levels my Dr. changed the subject, as for the ultrasound and other labs they were good, except I have been running a nasty fever since Saturday, I was then examined by a family practice DR. at the same time as my gyn, (they share an office) she check for signs of the flu, but none. So they sent me for more blood work as today is 5 days with a high fever with no cause..

But on the bright side the DR. said if the fever stops and there's no problems, (fxd) we can continue to try on our next cycle.:happydance: if we are feeling up to it, (Im still having mixed feelings...)

Thanks for all the SUPPORT, :hugs:

Not saying this is your case, Megg, but wanted to bring up the fact that research has found that people who consumed pop on a regular basis produced lower levels of D3 and had less calcium absorption. It is thought that the phosphoric acid actually leaches calcium from the bones. Individuals in these studies had poorer bone density than non-pop drinkers.

I don't drink much soda at all usually... but I bet I cut it out entirely just in case! :)

Also, talked to the doc. No mention of my Vit D still... Whatever, I'm treating it! Apparently some of my results could take up to 2 weeks to come in and we're still waiting. My saliva hormone test isn't covered by insurance, so she's weighing whether she thinks its worth having me pay $240 out of pocket to have it done. I appreciate that she isn't just in it for the money and seems to care whether its totally necessary. The wait continues!

SunShyn - Sorry about the chem pg, sweetie! :hugs: Do what you feel comfortable with! Hoping that fever leaves you soon!

i just got the best mail in a few months. my addmission ceremony has been connfirmed for 9:15 on the 21st of may. woohoo can't wait now to call the family and let them know that everything is going ahead.can't wait only a week to go. yippy for me i'm going to be a solicitor in just over a week.

OMG ladies... the tests sound bewildering to me.. I am such a thicko.. I have no idea what they are testing for and if I can have more tests...

Megg, they say forewarned is forearmed and sometimes it feels a battle to get a healthy pregnancy. Thank heavens you insisted on getting your results and that the vit d thing is easily fixed. Keep fighting girl!

Sun... so sorry - every pregnancy is precious - we understand x

Jo... urrggghh the things we go through for a baby... post coital stuff... bleaurgghhh LOL

Aussie... check you out chick... a solicitor no less... your first case should be getting us all the treatment we need and deserve! LOL Well done x

Great news Aussie, wishing you lots of luck xxx

Sun - so sorry :hug:

Doctors and tests confuse the pants off me! I dont think anyone has even even told me my HCG levels let alone given me the paper work. Saying that though the last time they never even bothered doing a blood test. I must admin since TTC i have lost all faith in doctors, nurses and MWs. Such a lack of vit D must be worthy of a mention though surely??

Things are going well here though, i have OVed and i am now in the 2WW. Me and DH BDed on sat and last night (I know we were not meant to but i couldnt fine a vaild medical reason not too so i thought i would give it a shot) so i am in the 2WW and AF due 27th may.

Yeah, tests are a bit much to figure out sometimes! That's the main reason I posted the thread specifically about tests. It has a lot of good info from people who have been through the ringer and know what's what! There's lots of info on "normal" results too! Just remember... You ALWAYS have the right to a copy of your test results! Granted, its sometimes hard to track down who to get them from... but having a copy is YOUR RIGHT!

I don't think anyone will ever mention the deficiency! I have a feeling that all they're looking at is the 18 with [20-100] next to it... so they probably think I'm only a tiny bit low. But, if you don't know much about it or don't read the rest of the paragraph under it... then you don't see that it needs to be >30... and then to read online that it should be 50-70?! They probably have no idea that its as low as it is in the realm of where it should be! :(

so glad you started that thread megg so the rest of us can be armed with as much knowledge as possible

Yes thanks for the test thread everyone... I will print it out and take it with me to the consultant appt so I can wave it in his face and ask which tests I have had and which ones I will be having...

Forewarned to forearmed... let's be ready for battle ladies!

You're all very welcome for the test thread! I'm honestly just glad that its helping people! Hell, its helped me! I'm pretty happy about it too!

Btw, I'm totally failing my 24 hour urine collection! I would just almost guarantee it! 800-2000ml is normal. 2500ml is considered abnormally excessive. I have about 9 hours left to collect and I'm at 1850ml! EEK!

Sorry Megg... being the thickie I am about all of this... why have you got a jug of wee in your fridge?? LMAO

:rofl: Padbrat! Where to begin? Okay... I DO ovulate. That's important to get out there first. That being said, I've NEVER seen a + OPK in my entire life. Most OPKs go positive at 40mIU. Since that's sort of high... I bought some 20mIU ones off the internet and still never saw a positive. So, I had some 10mIU ones shipped from WannaB because she could get them and I couldn't. She sent me 50 of them. I was testing 3 times a day during the time that my surge had to have taken place. I barely ever got even a hint of a line on them. So, I decided they were broken. I had a friend pee on one when she was several days past ovulation (7dpo-ish, I think). She got a WAY stronger line at 7dpo than I got during my surge!!! Now, HPTs... Did you see my + HPT pic? Here's the thing... Its weak as weak gets. I can only get a faint line, and it only shows up on FRER and $Tree tests (both which are known to detect significantly less than the 25mIU they say they detect). Therefore, the problem HAS TO BE my urine. That led me to find out about Diabetes Insipidus. Its not common, most doctors don't know anything about it, it has nothing to do with blood sugar (like normal diabetes)... but it would explain A LOT! So, I'm being tested for it. It requires bloods to be done twice and a 24 hour urine collection. The urine needs to remain refrigerated over the 24 hours. Hence, I have a HUGE jug of urine in my fridge!

Does any of that make sense? It's 2:30 in the morning, and I can't be sure if it does! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->