TTC After A Loss... Race for the BFP! - 211 BFP's!!!

It makees sence but whats that diabeties thing all about. What happens if you have? How does it effect you?

Uhm... Its about vasopressin. Its the hormone that tells your kidneys to keep some fluid for your body's use instead of excreting it all. Some people don't make it. This can be caused by a variety of things. It can be treated with vasopressin via nasal spray or tablets. How it effects me... As long as I don't get dehydrated, it doesn't effect me all that much... except the weak urine thing. If I have it, I've been managing it on my own for years. I do drink more water than most people do, and I crave both ice and ice water (a symptom of it).

There's some good info on it here: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000377.htm

I guess the important part is to A) find out IF I actually have it, and B) find out WHY I have it, if I do! The cause is more important really. It can be genetic (I wouldn't know, since I'm adopted), but it can also be caused by things like poor kidney function or even a tumor. That site I linked explains it a lot better! I only really know bits and pieces about it!

fxed that if you have it you can find out why quickly andd deal with it.:thumbup:

Please can you remove me again Megg? Miscarriage number 3 confirmed today.

:rofl: Padbrat! Where to begin? Okay... I DO ovulate. That's important to get out there first. That being said, I've NEVER seen a + OPK in my entire life. Most OPKs go positive at 40mIU. Since that's sort of high... I bought some 20mIU ones off the internet and still never saw a positive. So, I had some 10mIU ones shipped from WannaB because she could get them and I couldn't. She sent me 50 of them. I was testing 3 times a day during the time that my surge had to have taken place. I barely ever got even a hint of a line on them. So, I decided they were broken. I had a friend p/ee on one when she was several days past ovulation (7dpo-ish, I think). She got a WAY stronger line at 7dpo than I got during my surge!!! Now, HPTs... Did you see my + HPT pic? Here's the thing... Its weak as weak gets. I can only get a faint line, and it only shows up on FRER and $Tree tests (both which are known to detect significantly less than the 25mIU they say they detect). Therefore, the problem HAS TO BE my urine. That led me to find out about Diabetes Insipidus. Its not common, most doctors don't know anything about it, it has nothing to do with blood sugar (like normal diabetes)... but it would explain A LOT! So, I'm being tested for it. It requires bloods to be done twice and a 24 hour urine collection. The urine needs to remain refrigerated over the 24 hours. Hence, I have a HUGE jug of urine in my fridge!

Does any of that make sense? It's 2:30 in the morning, and I can't be sure if it does! LOL

I have never got a positive OPK either. Both months it has got darker and then faded again and temps confirm ovulation

My friend is the same. I wonder why that is? Why some people don't ever get positive OPKs.

:rofl: Padbrat! Where to begin? Okay... I DO ovulate. That's important to get out there first. That being said, I've NEVER seen a + OPK in my entire life. Most OPKs go positive at 40mIU. Since that's sort of high... I bought some 20mIU ones off the internet and still never saw a positive. So, I had some 10mIU ones shipped from WannaB because she could get them and I couldn't. She sent me 50 of them. I was testing 3 times a day during the time that my surge had to have taken place. I barely ever got even a hint of a line on them. So, I decided they were broken. I had a friend p/ee on one when she was several days past ovulation (7dpo-ish, I think). She got a WAY stronger line at 7dpo than I got during my surge!!! Now, HPTs... Did you see my + HPT pic? Here's the thing... Its weak as weak gets. I can only get a faint line, and it only shows up on FRER and $Tree tests (both which are known to detect significantly less than the 25mIU they say they detect). Therefore, the problem HAS TO BE my urine. That led me to find out about Diabetes Insipidus. Its not common, most doctors don't know anything about it, it has nothing to do with blood sugar (like normal diabetes)... but it would explain A LOT! So, I'm being tested for it. It requires bloods to be done twice and a 24 hour urine collection. The urine needs to remain refrigerated over the 24 hours. Hence, I have a HUGE jug of urine in my fridge!

Does any of that make sense? It's 2:30 in the morning, and I can't be sure if it does! LOL

I have never got a positive OPK either. Both months it has got darker and then faded again and temps confirm ovulation

My friend is the same. I wonder why that is? Why some people don't ever get positive OPKs.

Its the same for me actually. Looking back at my last 2 months (cause i have kept them all:blush: i have a llittle book for them all) mine have been getting quite dark but not as darkas the control. After having bloods on what would of been 7dpo my doctor has worked out i haven't ovulated at all. But FF has given me cross hairs on both charts.

Re the OPKs, I'm the same - never quite as dark as the control line. That's why I moved to CBFM which worked better although I got very annoyed with the number of faulty sticks in the packs from Amazon!

Congrats to fluffy, :hugs: to Lamburai. xxx

Its the same for me actually. Looking back at my last 2 months (cause i have kept them all:blush: i have a llittle book for them all) mine have been getting quite dark but not as darkas the control. After having bloods on what would of been 7dpo my doctor has worked out i haven't ovulated at all. But FF has given me cross hairs on both charts.

Oh shit - don't say that. I just assumed that because I had crosshairs and my chart looked very clearly like an ovulatory one that I was alright.

What if I am not?? I am scared now.

Don't be scared Vick, your chart last month was very obviously ovulatory - although I'm surprised you didn't ov aussie because yours looked pretty good too. My "almost as dark" opk was definetly ovulatory! xxx

I'm so sorry, Fliss! :hugs:

Congrats, Heather!!!! :yipee:

As far as the ovulatory charts with progesterone levels showing "no ovulation"... Its probably NOT true. Just because your progesterone is low @ 7dpo does NOT mean that you didn't ovulate! It does to the doctor... but that's NOT always what it means!!! I hate that they tell people that! It more likely means that you have low progesterone post-O and need supplementation to conceive and support a healthy pregnancy! If your chart looks like you ovulated, you almost certainly ovulated!!!

About my OPKs... "almost positive" isn't even close. Mine were like...

CONTROL LINE test line <-- It says "test line" there! I promise!

You girls are all awesome. Just wanted to say that. Megg you are a great gal. I hope they figure it out soon!

Re the OPKs, I'm the same - never quite as dark as the control line. That's why I moved to CBFM which worked better although I got very annoyed with the number of faulty sticks in the packs from Amazon!

I'm another one who struggles with the opk's, I never seem to catch my surge on them.....even when on clomid!! I even had a follicle scan once as I was convinced clomid wasn't helping me to ov, but it was, I just couldn't get a +opk :shrug:

I bought a cbfm, and got a very clear 2 dark blue lines on the stick on my first peak day, and I was overjoyed!!

I highly recommend them vik xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->