TTC After A Loss... Race for the BFP! - 211 BFP's!!!

I just got back from the OBGYN. She checked out "the lady business" and said the ovary felt fine. Not only did she give me Clomid, but also gave me Glucophage. She said that they give that to ladies with PCOS and thought she'd been giving it to me for months (she must have forgot! LOL ). She's never told me I have PCOS though. Sure, I did have cysts/ovary removal, but I ovulate regularly and have regular periods. I thought people with PCOS didn't.

Now I'm confused. She said the Glucophage helps the ovary to behave itself and that the clomid helps to "ovulate better" and increase progesterone They're going to take a progesterone level on day 21 of my cycle, but I usually ovulate around day 19, so I may call the office later and ask if they want me to come in a few days later, although we're leaving the state for vacation on the 25th. Mixed feelings about all this today. Lady next to me in the waiting room had ultrasound pictures. bah!

Sorry heather! I am not familiar with glucophage. I never took it with clomid. Hope it does the trick for you.

yeah, I was surprised about it too. I've been googling for some information on Clomid and Metformin/Glucophage.

Man, so much excitement here! Hopefully, there will be more to come and more sticky BFP's!

What a happy set of posts!

Congrats Bizy!! When do do you get the next pictures?

Amos, that was so lovely re the heartbeat. Made me go all goosebumpy.

Megg, sounds like the FS has his head screwed on! So exciting that things are happening for you! Looking forward to your pupo pics!

Hurrah for all this good news!

Heather, good luck wiht the new meds. Maybe give her a call back if you want more things explaining. Doc appts make me kind of go into a daze and when i get out i think "what did s/he say?" and i always have more quetsions the next day. Might help to put your mind at ease.

AFM, DH and i have decided to not prevent any little miracles, despite not knowing where the heck i might be in my cycle. The stories of this "extra fertile" post m/c time are too tempting not to. So i guess that makes us TTC. Or at least, NTNP. Fingers crossed.

Have a good day everyone..

Fairy xx

OMG Amos.... such fab news hunni... told ya you shouldn't lose faith with this little one!:hugs:

Bizy... huge congrats chick!!:happydance:

and Meggy Moo.... would be sooo fab for you to add to the BFP list ... I would be on :cloud9:

Sooooo loving this good news!!!!:flower:

Bizy - I'm so happy for you! xx

Obviously I'm with you all the way Meggy moo! xx

Fairy, I have another beta scheduled for tomorrow. If it's good, they'll likely want to bring me in for an early scan around 6 weeks. That's less than 2 weeks away! I can't wait to see my baby (or babies!)

Things are already different this time. My hcg is higher (145 at 4 weeks compared to 37 last year) and progesterone is way higher (272 compared to 20 last year). I also have symptoms, which I didn't have the last time. Praying these are all good signs that this is it!

Hi ladies
Glad to see some new BFPs around here! Excellent.

Can i ask, after a m/c how do you count where you are in your cycle? I've no idea. It's 16 days since mine started. So do i count this as day 16 of a cycle? Also, how soon after testing negative again on a preg test (i did so this weekend) have you ladies found you ovulated again? No idea what to expect! We are kind of NTNP but i'd like to have some idea!

Thanks

Fairybabe xx

I got a bfn 11 days after having Isabella (with the five week loss my tests went negative beofre starting bleeding which is how I knew baby was gone).

I then ovulated day 18 after early loss and day 20 after Isabella. It's different per person though

QUOTE=heather_dw;6709965]I just got back from the OBGYN. She checked out "the lady business" and said the ovary felt fine. Not only did she give me Clomid, but also gave me Glucophage. She said that they give that to ladies with PCOS and thought she'd been giving it to me for months (she must have forgot! LOL ). She's never told me I have PCOS though. Sure, I did have cysts/ovary removal, but I ovulate regularly and have regular periods. I thought people with PCOS didn't.

Now I'm confused. She said the Glucophage helps the ovary to behave itself and that the clomid helps to "ovulate better" and increase progesterone They're going to take a progesterone level on day 21 of my cycle, but I usually ovulate around day 19, so I may call the office later and ask if they want me to come in a few days later, although we're leaving the state for vacation on the 25th. Mixed feelings about all this today. Lady next to me in the waiting room had ultrasound pictures. bah![/QUOTE]

I hope the clomid does the trick and you are pregnant soon.

Normally they say to leave it 2 complete weeks before testing to make sure all the hormone is out of your system. But you will be over that I'm assuming? At least they are doing a follow up. My gp did a big fat zero for me, and I hadnt even m/c at that point. So I knew the inevitable was coming...but couldnt stop it. Thats why I was determined to use the progesterone cream to try and make sure I give myself better odds. I'm just trying to figure out how likely it is that I will conceive this time as I only just m/c. People are telling I will be extremely fertile. FX'd for that!

I got pregnant two weeks after my MC....so believe me it CAN happen!

Me too. Isabella was conceived 18 days after the 5 week loss.

Hi girls! I have been away, so wasn't able to keep up with you this weekend. Hope all is well.

I had my blood test today and I am pregnant! :cloud9:
My beta was 145, progesterone was 272. I am thrilled, but cautious. Praying my level goes up on Wednesday.

Wooohoooo excellent news.

JEN!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Sis- I didn't have a chance to really respond to you today- I am so excited for you and IUI!!! Can you believe it's going to happen so soon?? Remember the day you were lamenting about going to the FS because you were scared you wouldn't like him??? YAY!!!!

Reversal- I hope things hurry up and progress for you. I know how it is waiting on that test to go negative.

My story for the day- got to see the little heartbeat again :happydance::happydance: Even better, my Mom was there with me and just grabbed my hand and held it when she saw the little flickering on the screen. Some people know, but I am adopted. So this was a HUGE deal for my Mom to get to see a little life beating inside me. :cry: I'm crying as I type this.

Lucy- how you doing hunni??

I know I'm forgetting some updates, so I will have to go and read again now!!

Said it on the other thread but thrilled for you Amy.

BizyBee fx'd everything is perfect! Sounds like a very good start!

The dreaded AF finally left last night after 8 days!!! :wacko: DH and I are finally back on the TTC wagon after our loss in June. :happydance: We decided to take some time off and wait for our trip! We leave Friday and I should be due to ovulate Sunday? maybe Monday? we need to get busy now! I want to DTD everyday this cycle, LMAO. Problem now is DH is sick :growlmad: We're only Tuesday... hopefully in a couple days he'll be feeling better. *I'll do all the work, :winkwink:

Hi girls! I have been away, so wasn't able to keep up with you this weekend. Hope all is well.

I had my blood test today and I am pregnant! :cloud9:
My beta was 145, progesterone was 272. I am thrilled, but cautious. Praying my level goes up on Wednesday.

Oh Jen, I am just so excited for ya-congrats!!!!

Hiya ladies well my BFP has gone chemocal I think.

After my Biopsy I really am not surprised and am ok with it. Af hasn't showed yet (due today) but feeling a little achy and their is now no BFP so this month will be my month!

And I have an I pad!

:hugs: Lawa. You are so positive. Amazing. And you have an ipad! LMAO That part cracked me up. I am glad you did the testing, because you need answers to help you keep your beans sticky. Hopefully the next one will be the one!

Yay Sveta! So glad you can get moving.

Thanks firedancer. Yay for 2nd tri!

:hugs: Lawa, sorry hun. Congrats on the ipad!

Hey ladies thanks for that Hun! Trust me I am not always positive it leaks away sometimes. But i always say if I wasn't positive I would be a complete mess 6 miscarriages now in 13 months and so far nothing wrong with me or my other half.

What can we do what really gets me if I ring my early pregnancy unit they know me by the Sound of my voice and I no four doctors by site lol.

But the good thing when i get my sticky bean I do not have anything to buy apart from clothes lmao!

law coming to you live from hoe shiny new I pad. Positive thoughts for the day done.

Over and out ladies!

Hugs to you Lawa! Sorry this one didn't stick. Let's pray you get some answers soon from those tests. Amazing PMA. Sending you some more.

Fairybabe xx

Kisses to Lawa, hope the NKC trial will bring you a sticky bean asap and you can announce it via iPad ;)

Congratulations Jen, so excited and hopeful for you! Next up, TB!! xxx

hello please add me

i lost my child on the 12th of June gave birth to a baby girl and she died an hour later 26 weeks and a half preg im trying for a baby for Stepemeber i cant spell sorry

Iam so sorry Hun that you are here, but you are with a load of great girls xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->