TTC after a Tubal Reversal ~Come Join Me~

Adanma,Yay for the new van,I totally love mine even though most people mistake it for a suv it is a van.We had a dvd player installed in the summer now I find myself looking back just to make sure the kids are there.They get so quiet watching tv.LOL..I am so glad to see you back on!!

Navy,Hoping you can persuade DH to get that test.:haha:

Faith,Yay for the +opk,Get busy catching that egg!!:thumbup:

Ready,How is our newest preggo lady doing?I smile as I type that.:haha:

I did want to chime in on everyone talking about shorter tube lengths,I honestly don't put much into the length unless they are really short because I had 10 cm left on each side after TR and this our 6th cycle TTC.I know we were totally out for 2 of those though because no bd = no preggo as I tell DH.lol..I think it may just take longer for some ladies.

I found out today from getting my OR report that I have 7cm on right tube and 8 cm on left :) I feel much better now knowing. I took my last zofran to help myself with the vomiting and nausea. I wasn't able to convince DH but I will get one tomorrow ...I will just walk up to the mini military store..lol

I found out today from getting my OR report that I have 7cm on right tube and 8 cm on left :) I feel much better now knowing. I took my last zofran to help myself with the vomiting and nausea. I wasn't able to convince DH but I will get one tomorrow ...I will just walk up to the mini military store..lol

Yay Navy,those are good lengths.I understand the knowing making you feel better.I woke up from TR asking lengths please?lol..I won't be able to check in until tomorrow afternoon but praying you get that BFP!

I should have O on the 28th so I will be 10dpo tomorrow.I was thinking I was more but was going by the day I got the smiley on my opk so I was wrong.I would love to test tomorrow but don't think my chances are good this early and DH will be home and he always wants me to wait on af.Anyone have the wondfo brand hpt in the pink pack?How early can you use those?

Navy: I hope everything comes back a-okay!:thumbup:

afm, I FINALLY got a positive opk today (CD17) at 2pm:happydance::happydance: so, dh and I had a little afternoon nap:haha: I told him to be ready for tonight, tomorrow morning, tomorrow nap, tomorrow night etc.:haha:...until the opk turns neg. his comment was "no complaints here"...I'm going to use the pre-seed tonight, followed by "legs in the air"

Oooh, I loved finally seeing a + opk! I've been living a POAS addicts dream! :blush:
I have officially pee'd on 31 IC opks & 4 CB smileys since CD7...:dohh: I just had NO idea when I was ovulating. Well, I feel like I have accomplished something today:bodyb:

Hope everyone else is doing well today!:flower:

You go girl! you have one up on the baby making game :flower:
hopefully next month we see your :bfp: on here then you can be part of the preggo club :) enjoy your napping the next few

Good Morning ladies,

So I went by walmart this morning on my way home from work and bought the 3 pack of frer's.I had held my pee for 4 hours at work which is hard for me.lol.I tested and got excited there was 2 lines but the second had no color at all.So I thought I got a bad test and used another with the same sample and the same thing happened.Is this what everyone calls a evap?I don't buy these often and now I have wasted 2.I have used these before and never had this happen.Its just my luck to pick up a crappy box.I feel a little better knowing I used my $2 coupon on them lol ,also took a ic and BFN.So I guess I will test later in the weekend.

Navy,waiting patiently for the test result,lol.Some how I got off work tonight so no sleep for me today I will be stalking you.GL hun!!

Reeds,I tried that couldn't see anything on my camera,then I popped them open.Why do people do that I know I seen that on this forum somewhere.

Anyway I am sure its nothing,I just had to rant anything new to me gets me worked up.lol

We are so guilty of popping that darn test open. FX for you.

I popped it open and don't even know why.LOL..It clear and see thru looks like it would be easier to read before you popped it open.

Ok, here is my question on tube lengths. If you have shorter tubes, would that make it harder to conceive a viable pregnancy due to the fertilization trip being cut shorter? I mean, because from the time that the sperm meets the egg, it has to travel the tube together for like 5 or 6 days before implanting into the uterus. If your tubes are shorter, then does that cut down the cycle?
I have asked my FS that and he doesn't seem to think so. Especially since I have been pregnant 5 times since the TR. But if the embryo wasn't at the state that it should have been at the time of implantation, would that be the reason I have miscarried so many times? Head scratcher!
BTW, my tube lengths are 2.5 R and 3.0 L.

Hi all...I posted in my TTC journal this morning....I tested with FMU,posted a pic and put other little notes in journal too.

Famof6~ I am routing for you sweetie:)

Hope everyone has a nice day i probably won't be back on until tonight.

Wow TTCbaby2011 that is confusing but interesting at the same time. Thank you for sharing this with us :)

Okay question: I see many of you ladies know your tube length ... How did you find out did your dr tell you or was it on your discharge papers ??? All I know is they took 2-3 cm off each tube whe
during the TL.

Hi Ladies!

The craziness of the holidays is over and I am just now finding time to get back online again. I hope all of you had a happy New Year!

Navy2mom, my remaining tube lengths are 5cm on the left and 6cm on the right. When I was discharged, my doctor told me what they were and gave me a diagram too showing where the tubes were reattached and how much tube length I have.

Before surgery, I obtained my operative report so they he could see what method of sterilization was used and whether or not any tube was removed. The doctor who PERFORMED my tubal in 2004 told me that he "cut & cauterized" my tubes. So for 6 years, that's what I thought happened, but when I went to pick up my op report from the hospital, it said that I actually had Fallope Rings...which is ideal for reversal. I couldn't believe it and I told my doctor what the original doctor told me versus what was written in the report. He knew I was very concerned...with Fallope Rings, I would naturally have more tube length left...and when I woke up, that is one of the first things he told me...that I did indeed have Fallope rings and that I had good lengths left. He also made sure to write that up in the paperwork I received before I left...because I was medicated and may not remember everything he said...hehe.

Oh, and my doctor performed an HSG right after surgery to make sure they were open and functional...if they hadn't been, he could have tried to correct right then and there. He made sure to tell me that women who have an HSG have a higher chance of conception from months 1-3 after the HSG because the procedure clears debris from the tubes. That was in my paperwork as well.

I LOVE my doctor and his practice. They are very thorough, informative, and they are aggressive too. If and when I get a BFP, I am to call them immediately so that we can start drawing blood levels every two days to make sure that it isn't a tubal. Once my levels are high enough (I think he said 1500??? But I really can't be sure that is what he said), they will do US to make sure it's implanted in the right place... If it never gets to 1500, depending on the levels depends on how they treat it. It makes me feel at ease to know that they will be extremely aggressive in making sure that I do not lose a tube.

I've seen so many differences on when everyone's doctor told them it was okay to TTC. Mine told me to get started ASAP. And I have followed his instructions to the letter. LOL.

Another thing he said (and is in the paperwork as well) is that if I have not conceived within 6 months, to call and schedule another HSG to see if the tubes are still open. If they are, it will give me the little 1-3 month boost again.

Did I mention that I love my doctor and his practice? I feel completely confident that they are (a) doing everything they can to help me conceive and, (b) that in the event that something should go wrong, they will go above and beyond to make sure there is no damage to my newly reattached tubes.

So, all I have to do now is keep trying. This is my 3rd month TTC. I am 8dpo...I think at 10 or 11 dpo, I will take a test...and I will keep my fingers crossed in the meantime.

Congrats to the two ladies I saw that were BFP! Floppy and Ready, I believe...

Stoked, I am so sorry for your loss. But, at least you know that you CAN conceive...and I just KNOW it won't be long before you get your sticky bean. **HUGS**

Good luck to everyone else...babydust!

Navy congrats on the new vehicle!

Ok here is what I found on tubal length. Everyone breathe a sigh of relief for thos that were worried.

The third factor that determines whether a woman will have better chances of getting pregnant after a tubal ligation reversal procedure is how long her tubes are. Depending on how the doctor handled the original tubal surgery, a woman may have tubes ranging in length from 7 1/2 cm to less than two and half centimeters.

The longer the tubes, the better the chances are for a woman to get pregnant. For example, women who had an average fallopian tube length 7 1/2 cm or longer have a 77% chance of getting pregnant. For women who had shorter tubal lengths of less than 2.5 cm, the rate of pregnancy decreased but was still a respectable 38%.

In fact, the doctors collecting the data for this study became aware that getting pregnant with one tube and even as short as 1 cm can still happen. This should lead to the conclusion that any woman wanting a tubal ligation reversal will find her chances of getting pregnant are good although they may vary greatly depending upon the above factors.

Adanma- Congrats on your new van!
Faith- Congrats on your + opk! I hope you catch the egg!
Fam6- I hope you get your :bfp:!
Navy- I hope your test come back normal from the doctors office and that you get your :bfp: when you test Sunday! Good luck girl!
Ready- How are you feeling?

I have a crazy question im sure you guys can answer :) Is it ok to bd everyday starting 10 days from the start of my period? I think that if I do it from the 10th day to the 16th I will have def. caught it lol or will doing this make each days sperm count less? Im sure this is something i should know but I just dont lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->