TTC after a Tubal Reversal ~Come Join Me~

hiya saga!!! we paid $11,000..that did break down though..anesth, doc, and the facility where it was done..everyone got their cut...my surgery was just like my c-sections..right at the same scar...he took out old ST:) no bigger, no smaller...I stayed for many hours..until they said I could go..I've had LOTS of surgeries and NEVER once had a bad time w/ going under...I can't get anyone, not even doc office to tell me a rough idea on cost of HSG..ya'll that have had it~ins covered it, so you don't know...I'm praying that'll be the case for mine...I don't want anymore outta pocket :/

thanks for all your diff stories...
I'm routing for all the TR gals!!! WE NEED MORE BFP!!!

(where ARE my IC's)!!!!!!
:dust: and :hug:

hiya saga!!! we paid $11,000..that did break down though..anesth, doc, and the facility where it was done..everyone got their cut...my surgery was just like my c-sections..right at the same scar...he took out old ST:) no bigger, no smaller...I stayed for many hours..until they said I could go..I've had LOTS of surgeries and NEVER once had a bad time w/ going under...I can't get anyone, not even doc office to tell me a rough idea on cost of HSG..ya'll that have had it~ins covered it, so you don't know...I'm praying that'll be the case for mine...I don't want anymore outta pocket :/

thanks for all your diff stories...
I'm routing for all the TR gals!!! WE NEED MORE BFP!!!

(where ARE my IC's)!!!!!!
:dust: and :hug:

Your surgery sounds a lot like mine...and my scar is the same too. I had two previous c-sections, so the thought of having that kind of surgery did not scare me after that.

I have no idea how much the HSG will cost...I guess the closer I get to May, I will ask...but I will keep my fingers crossed that I don't have to find out!

And of course, my fingers will be crossed for everyone else too!:kiss:

HEy guys what are IC's? and I notice you all have strip pregnancy tests what is up with that lol

Whoa, I paid $9,032 exactly for my tubal- it included pre and post-op care, anesthesia, surgeons fee, and surgical center fee. That's about the going rate here- actually it was the CHEAPEST I found in my area! It was an outpatient procedure. I checked in at 1 and was home by 6.

Whoa, I paid $9,032 exactly for my tubal- it included pre and post-op care, anesthesia, surgeons fee, and surgical center fee. That's about the going rate here- actually it was the CHEAPEST I found in my area! It was an outpatient procedure. I checked in at 1 and was home by 6.

Yep...yours sounds like mine. In and out...but if this works, it will be the BEST money I ever spent!

I'm w/ ya saga!!!! I had a small..ohhh maybe shouldn't have ever done this..DH lovingly turned that conversation around and I got my love for children back into the forefront of my mind!!!

OK girls!!! DH DID arrive home w/ IC's WOOT WOOT:wohoo: BUUUT, i gota :bfn: Knew I would, but will pee on one a day at least until :af: comes...

Momma:IC is internet Cheapies...that's why we all have those kind of strips..we are POASA :) and have to buy super cheap ones for our peeing fetish~~so ya know~ don't spend too much money =; if your bfp doesn't come right away...
tomorrow is a new day:) love my TR girls!!!!
loads of fertile :dust:

Brilliant! I'm going to go look online for some cheap strips- just to prepare O:)

Momma, I highly second Fertility Friend!:thumbup: The little paper strip that came with my BBT therm. looked :huh: confusing! Now I just log in to my FF account and enter my temp..they do all the charting..super easy!

As for my TR costs, I went to Dr. Sanchez at Florida Fertilty in Clearwater/St. Petersburg. I paid $4000 for everything, excluding pre-op blood work which cost another $129. Their prices vary some, based on BMI and number of previous abdominal surgeries.:flower:

Hey guys! I'm so glad to have found an active board for post-TR TTC! I had my TR on 12/27 and am currently waiting to TTC. I have my post-op this week and will see what the doctor says. But I'm hoping we will get the OK for my Feb cycle- I should O around the 25th.

So nice to read the stories! Does anybody know how many successes there have been since the board started last May?

:hi: and welcome!

Welcome Dash! Many new faces :) YAY for the TR ladies!

I had a scan today and had levels checked, scan was clean no signs of anything, and levels are now at 6. So I do not need to go back for more bloods, she said if they are below 10 then I do not need to be retested. I think the levels went down pretty quickly, I started at 173, 243, 238,156, 50, 6 . I am glad this is over, bleeding has stopped, was told to wait a month (regular cycle) and try again. We will see... I am kinda drained from it all and glad to move on but never will forget.

Thank you all for your support ladies!

Glad to hear everything is going okay. I want to wish you good luck when its your time to ttc again!

Adanma, anxious,Ready, floppyears, navy, josie....where r u? Opps if I forgot anyone else.
Hope all u quiet gals are ok.

I just bought the 25 opk and 25 preg tests on amazon for almost 10 but the shipping was 10 too because I want them asap so I can start the opks. If AF arrives this month I will most def. buy a bbt so I can start that too

tater when I said "shot" I meant chance. My husband is in the Army and is currently deployed to Iraq. He will get to come home in Feb and it is supposed to be during my fertile period.

I know some may have answered you about the hsg question but I'm going to just in case cause I prob wont get a chance to read through all the post from today. I had mine done on 12/10/10. My TR surgeon suggested getting it done 2 mo post op I just didn't have the opportunity due to my life craziness. Anywho I was able to get it done. It wasn't that bad at all for me. I cramped a little afterward but nothing major. Some ladies have said it hurts. Most of the ladies that said that had a blockage and sometimes this HSG can remove that blockage. They say you are more fertile for up to 3 mo after. I will be on my 2nd cycle when DH gets home. I would highly recommend you have this done. It puts your mind at ease and it could clear some things up for you.

I belonged to a forum for the place where I went to have my surgery (cause I went to MX) for 9 month before I even went to have my TR. I still belong to it to this day. This is where I learned soooo much information.

I hope this helped you out a little. Ask away.

oh and if you go on ebay and look for OPK's look for the Wondfo brand. You can get 30 OPK and 10 pg test for $1.00 plus $5.00 shipping. Super duper cheap!!!!

What are the US ladies paying for their TR>..every SINGLE one that has mentioned so far are WAAAAAAAY less than what DH and I paid...

and are you paying out of pkt for your HSG in US???
That's my next step and really should call the doc to find out for sure, but am just wondering
thanks

I paid only $2600 for my TR but I went to Mexico. I had to pay for a shuttle driver to and from South TX along with plane tickets for dh and I. All together it was less than $4000. I did not have to pay out of pocket for my hsg. I have military insurance and they cover everything for fertility issues. You can check with your doctor and have them code it like it is a test for heavy mentral bleeding (cause this test is also used for that as well not just fertility) and usually insurance will cover it. GOOD LUCK

I use the Wondfo OPK test off of ebay to. I also bought some of the wondfo pg test along with them. Has anyone used the wondfo pg test and got a +?

wondfo is the kind I got too, I guess i overpaid my total with shippping was 20 bucks I guess thats still cheaper then the store ones :)

Ok, goodnight ladies...

I am testing in the morning. I will let you know what happens...but deep down, I think it will be negative...we'll see...if it is...that's okay, just try again next month, right? This is my third month TTC...but I really don't think I should count the first cycle...it was so weird, I guess from the surgery, that I don't think there was ever a chance I could have conceived that cycle...so maybe I should just count this one as #2.

Anyway...I will let you guys know. I have a 14 day luteal phase every single time, so tomorrow is day 12...good chance to get an accurate result. AF is due on Friday...keep your fingers crossed...and babydust to everyone!

Ok, goodnight ladies...

I am testing in the morning. I will let you know what happens...but deep down, I think it will be negative...we'll see...if it is...that's okay, just try again next month, right? This is my third month TTC...but I really don't think I should count the first cycle...it was so weird, I guess from the surgery, that I don't think there was ever a chance I could have conceived that cycle...so maybe I should just count this one as #2.

Anyway...I will let you guys know. I have a 14 day luteal phase every single time, so tomorrow is day 12...good chance to get an accurate result. AF is due on Friday...keep your fingers crossed...and babydust to everyone!

Fx hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->