TTC after a Tubal Reversal ~Come Join Me~

Suedove, I am so sorry you appointment didn't go well :( If you are interested, my doctor was Mr Roger Davies at the BMI hospital in Northampton (not sure how far that is for you). He was absolutely fantastic. He works privately and through the NHS so does all tests etc on the NHS and only charges privately for the reversal. I would certainly recommend him if you want another opinion

As Tally said rings are the best for a reversal, and it definitely can be done by laparoscopy! Was the FS your saw actually the consultant/surgeon who performs the reversals because he/she doesn't sound like they know much about TRs at all.

Don't give up, get another opinion

Just stumbled accross this thread because I was reasearching the links (if any) of chemical pregnancy and tubal reversals. Had my reversal done March 24th 2010 by Dr Kaufman in FTW. Got three BFP this week and then AF came. Told that is was a chemical pregnancy. Kind of a sad day. :cry: Has anyone else experienced this after a TR?

Hi mommie4life, so sorry to hear about your chemical :( Unfortunately it does seem to be a common occurance for us ladies with reversals. Whether it's connected or just coincidence I don't know

Thanks Mel,
I went to the BMI in droitwich, I rang the Spire today in Macclesfield and have posed the question of reversal with rings!!!! They are going to get back to me fxd. Not sure why my FS ruled out TR??? Maybe he doesnt do it too much:wacko:
Will keep you ladies posted on any developments!

Hi Mommy4life, welcome to the forum, sorry about you chemical:sad2:

Thanks ladies for all the support
Sue x

Sue I agree with what the others said. I also would like to add that when I became pregnant while my tubes were tied I was using an obgyn . He wasnt into tubal reversal and neither were the other docs that I saw. He was very pushy and talked down or TR and wanted me to do IVF. I couldnt afford that. I had a modified pomeroy you know where they remove a segment and burn the ends. Anyways I think you should first go on with the hsg just to be sure. Unless he has magic powers and can see the condition of your tubes I would not go with that. Take heart and be encouraged. If they can reverse Essure they surely reverse clips. The stats on clips and pregnancy afterwards are good. All you need is 4cm on one side or the other to conceive. Maybe you should get the hsg even if you have to pay for it yourself and then take the next step. The obgyn I had made me so sad . I left the office feeling so down. I understand how you feel.

Sue, I'm sorry about your appointment. Hope you get better news from another doctor.:sad1:

AFM...finally got my first AF after TR today...was 6 days late.

Just stumbled accross this thread because I was reasearching the links (if any) of chemical pregnancy and tubal reversals. Had my reversal done March 24th 2010 by Dr Kaufman in FTW. Got three BFP this week and then AF came. Told that is was a chemical pregnancy. Kind of a sad day. :cry: Has anyone else experienced this after a TR?

Hi mommie4life, so sorry to hear about your chemical :( Unfortunately it does seem to be a common occurance for us ladies with reversals. Whether it's connected or just coincidence I don't know

Hi mommie4life, welcome the board. Like Mel said chemicals seem to be common, but I personally feel they are common among anyone TTC just because we are more aware of our bodies than that average woman. They estimate at least 50% or all pregnancies end/chemical. Most don't know cause they are not actively TTC and just think their AF is a few days late. I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. Chin up though cause at least you know you can get pg and on to the next cycle.

Sue I'm glad you are getting a second opinon! There are lots of ob/gyn's out there that will push IVF instead of the reversal simply because they are ignorant to the proceedure and the results. I had the modified pomeroy without the burning and I was left with 5cm on each side. GL and keep us posted

Well girls I've been feeling some more tugging and pinching in the left side again today. My bb's are getting sore and I don't feel so hot. But my bb's got sore last month too. Might just be a new horomonal thing for me. I may not be feeling so hot because I got bad news about my gma today. I'm flying out of TX to KY tomorrow to visit with her. They are only giving her a few weeks to live and this came out of nowhere

Sorry about your GMA . It is always nice to be able to spend time with loved ones when health is declining. I am a hospice nurse and I deal with grief on a daily basis. Its really good you have the opportunity to see her. I hope she is comfortable and you have a safe trip.

Sue I'm sorry about your appt, but I would take what that doc said w/ a grain of salt until you have your HSG or a second opinion.

Welcome Mommie4life. I don't know much about chemicals, but I did read that women that are ttc are more likely to notice these. They are apparently pretty common.

Flutterby those all sound like good signs. Don't u just hate it when it was the sme stuff that happened the prior month? U never know what's what. Fxd for u!

I just finished playing Bingo and won 6 games...Ths old lady threatened to bring a bodybag if I show up next week...lol

LOL @ Doingit4us...I never win at Bingo but I love to play!

I'm still feeling something going on in my uterus area. Not getting my hopes up but it is there for me to speculate on so I just can't help but take notice :shrug: I also have been tossing and turning all night and having to go pee sigh...the waiting:dohh:

Sue I am also so sorry your appt didn't go as planned but sounds like to me that fs just wanted the most money out of you. Keep your chin up and pray about it...you will find the perfect doc for you.

Hey Fluter yes this 2ww is a killer...just so so so slow!! lol

How is all the other tr ladies??

Cd12 for me and very crampy, was gonna try smep this mnth but dh must of drank somethin ( lol ) cuz he has wanted to bd evernight since cd 6....so i guess we will see how thngs go

On that note yesterday evening while :sex: it felt like he was hitting something :blush: even he felt it and stopped to ask me what that was :shrug:..Has anyone else had this happen?

Hiya Ladies how you all doing?

Sorry sue to hear your news like others have said would get this checked again and get another opinion....good luck x

Well im on 6dpo today and feeling rather sicky...also creamy cm anyone else got any symptons to report??????

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo.png?d=1271912400;0;28

Hello josey i am cd12 and waiting to O.... Aside from feeling like dh was hitting something lastnite while bd ing i am also getting pains in my woohaa... Any advice?

Hi Ladies :) My name is Anna 30 and DH is 35 and I'm new to the site. Thanks to Anxious5 for telling me about this group :) Okay So had my TR on March 31,2010 and we are TTC baby #4. We have 3 kids,ages 7,6 and 4 yrs old. Two furbabies,Gizmo and Bella(both cats). About my cycle, i normally have between a 29 to 31 day cycle and Ovulate between CD13 and CD 15. Can't wait to get to know all of you.

Hi Navy2mom :) Welcome :hi:

I'm Mel, 34, OH is too. I'm currently on my 6th cycle since my TR, 2DPO and waiting to see if this has been a successful month. Had a HSG last week which confirmed only one tube is open. Unsure as to what will happen with the second, whether they can sort it or it will remain blocked

Congratulations on your TR, fingers crossed you have a very short journey!

welcome navy! hope ur journey is short! I am sandi (33) and dh is (29)..i have 3 from a previous relationship and dh has none. I am on my 13 cycle of ttc after my tr in april 09. i am currently 11 dpo and praying for a BFP this month!!

anxious i am not sure about hitting something..thats odd maybe ur cervix was low. i would call the doc

I check my cervix, just started this mnth but it is high can barely touch it with the tip of my finger. It was only that 1 time so I guess I will let it slide and if it happens again I will make an appt.
Only 5 days till testing ..exciting, Im still waiting to O

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->