TTC after BCP's

Hi everyone!

Name: ILoveShoes :happydance:

How long you were on the pill: 3 months (was on the injection for 6/7 years before that)

How long have you been off the pill: since Monday 13th April

Months/cycles ttc: This is our first time ttc

Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill: I don't know yet. I've had my withdrawal bleed, and am waiting for AF to arrive now

What made you realize you were ready to start ttc: It just feels right :happydance:

:happydance: Well done ladybugg. I'm in UK, go to bed with only 2 members of the group and get up to several more.

I too was disappointed when the PG test I did when I had no withdrawal bleed was BFN, I then got AF as normal 1month later, which is when I plucked up the courage to ask OH "when can we have a baby" - the rest they say is history (that is the long story short, if you're bored my diary has more details)

I like the sig, but it's too pink for me. I may nick the sig and change the colours (sorry ladybugg - please don't take offense)

hi all, i know 2 more pages since i went to bed woo....af is really ready to go...and seeing OH tues morning yay...2 guesses what we will be up to lol...im tired and need some sunshine....i dont know if u read my pill sequence? 1 year, 1 month of, 1 month which i just finished...could it be easier

Would love to join you guys

Age(only if you want): 38
How long you were on the pill: 2 months only
How long have you been off the pill: Since 11/4
Months/cycles ttc: First one
Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill: Gosh I pray they are!
What made you realize you were ready to start ttc: Haven't been long with new partner, but we both know without a doubt we are the one for eachother. Would have waited longer to TTC, but age means this is not an option. I decided to go on the BCP, then two months later, OH asked if we could have a baby, and when I asked when, he responded asap! We were going to try this summer, but I decided to come off BCP to get my cycle back to normal ready for the summer, but was fooling myself to think I was prepared to wait, so here I am!

I too got caught by those overworking hormones that made me trully believe I was pg! The evap lines didn't help! I took last BCP on 11 April, had just mild spotting for a few days afterwards and nothing since. I was so confused with my body, I started temping Monday morning, and I am pretty sure from results I ov'ed on Tuesday, so DPO 3 I guess. Not optimistic for this month though, had no MC at all and only bd'ed Sunday morning, but would be delighted if the :witch: confirmed things are working normally again.

In theory I'm not in a rush to be pg, I am so grateful that I have found the most wonderful partner and be given the chance to become a mother again, but can't help feeling anxious because of the age. I read everywhere that fertility at 38 is half what it is at 28... didn't TTC but didn't protect for 5 month for my first at 29, didn't protect for 5 months, TTC for 5 for my second at 31...so trying to accept that it could take quite some time for round 3, although of course, I believe that nothing can ever be trully be predicted...

Am very talkative :rofl::rofl:

Age(only if you want): 27
How long you were on the pill: 11 years
How long have you been off the pill: 4 months
Months/cycles ttc: this is 4th cycle
Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill: No!!!!
What made you realize you were ready to start ttc: I have 2 beautiful nephews and have a wonderful oh who would make a brilliant father! Also have been in our flat for a year and currently looking to buy a house and would be great to have a little baby to make our home and family complete!

Really praying and hoping that this is the month of :bfp:'s
:hug: to you all x x

guys im so excited to start ttc 4 nights til i see OH!! xx

me again...im really struggling with the longing for a baby today, dont want to sound pathetic but i just feel so ready, and the waiting is horrible...i need some advice and strength xx thanks all

Keep your chin up hon, these things seem to take time unfortunately!! I hope you have something lovely planned for OH when he gets back though! ;)

Name: Sarah
Age(only if you want): 24
How long you were on the pill: 7 years
How long have you been off the pill: 10 days! :blush:
Months/cycles ttc: I'll find out soon!
Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill: See above
What made you realize you were ready to start ttc: Terrible tummy problems after rolling 2 packets together prompted the discussion. Before now we'd decided that we wanted to wait a bit then we suddenly realised we were waiting for no reason other than it was what other people expected us to do!

me again...im really struggling with the longing for a baby today, dont want to sound pathetic but i just feel so ready, and the waiting is horrible...i need some advice and strength xx thanks all

Hang in there sweetie. All this waiting is going to make us appreciate our bumps and babies so much more :hugs: I am sending lots and lots of :dust: your way!! XOXO

So I have heard that it can take 6 months to 1 year to get your cycles back to normal or even ovulate after being off the pill. Was wondering of those who have been off awhile what your experience has been.

Thanks!

How women react to coming of BCP's varies so much for everyone. I finished taking my last pack and got the normal bleeding and exactly 29 days later my period arrived right on time and I've been regular since. Lucky having regular periods, but its seems to be taking me a while to conceive as I will be starting cycle 9 soon if I don't get my BFP in a few days.

Age(only if you want): nearly 27
How long you were on the pill: 9 years
How long have you been off the pill: 2 and a bit months
Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill: no idea yet - 1st cylce was 57 days

any feeling crap with it all.

Sickness, dizzyness, feeling really really tired, crampy, v irritable.

Age(only if you want): 28
How long you were on the pill: Just over 10 years continuously
How long have you been off the pill: Since August 08
Months/cycles ttc: Coming up to my 9th cycle this month
Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill: Yes always have seemed to be fairly regular 27-30 days
What made you realize you were ready to start ttc: Just seemed like the time was right, so I came off BCP and started trying straight away, no joy yet though.

Hi everyone,what a great thread,lets hope we all get our :bfp: soon
hope you dont mind me joining in

Name: sam

Age(only if you want): 28

How long you were on the pill: 10+years

How long have you been off the pill: just gone 1 year

Months/cycles ttc: 2nd cycle :hissy:(1st af finally came march 09)

Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill: NO!!!!! :hissy:

What made you realize you were ready to start ttc: just felt it was time

Hi everybody just wanted to check in really quick as I am having a super busy, not in a good way day!!! Welcome to everybody that has joined the team, I'm really excited to see that there are so many of us!!! My experience since being off the pill was at first a complete sense of joy because I thought I was going to be one of the lucky ones who got pregnant immediatley...um nope! Emotionally and physically I felt like crap...exactly like Mrs. Doddy said all of that and then some. My cycles I think have just now become regular just like AKgrown had said 6 months to a year seems about right as I am now on cycle 6. EErrrrrgh its frusterating but for me its a blessing in disguise that there is no bundle of joy in my belly or my arms yet because so much drama has been going down in my life for the last 10 months with my stepson, his mother and my husband.

Hang in there hunny I know the longing for a baby is a tough one, there are so many times I feel the same way ecspecially after I test and I get a :bfn: It will happen but unfortunetly just not always in our desired timing.

tiggercats hahahahah no offense taken!!! I just like pink a lot! I couldn believe all the new people when I checked either...ITS AWESOME!!!!

Hi ladybugg, I hope you get to relax at the end of your day. :hug:

What is the time difference between us? It's just gone midnight here and we have just watched a film and I'm off to bed soon.

Hi to everyone that has joined :hug:

Its only 4:45 pm here, wow that is quite a time difference!!! Thanks for the :hug: I'm so not having a good day and no relaxing in sight!!!! :hug: to you too!

Me and my wishful thinking if our team gets big enough and anybody wants the same "team banner" thingy as me, I have no idea how that all works!
URL=https://www.sparklee.com
https://img108.mytextgraphics.com
/sparklee/2009/04/30/ba19c539bcc5a7405286f9a21c0f6d13.gif

/URL
Ok I think I got it now just add one [ to the first URL...like this --->[URL and then add [ ] onto the last URL like this(without the spaces though)----> [ /URL ]....copy and paste into your signature and it should work...I think :blush:

I tried - couldn't get it to work but that could be me...:blush:

And thanks for responding about coming off bcp. It helps me to sort of know what to expect...it's funny how once DH and I made the decision to come of pills and TTC I was feeling a little scared and thinking that 6 months+ would be good to get used to the idea and now I am so excited if it happened right away we would be :cloud9:

Christina - I hope your weekend is less busy :hugs:

Name: Alyssa
How long you were on the pill: 8 years
How long have you been off the pill: 3 months
Months/cycles ttc: 1
Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill: Yes, thankfully!
What made you realize you were ready to start ttc: Hubby suggested it and I have been dreaming about it for at least 2 years!

Good afternoon to all Brits chums and good morning to all North America mommies to be (and everyone else).

Hope everyone is feeling chearful today. MaybeBaby, feeling better today? It is hard when the baby blues hit, feels like nothing else matter, but we have to remember then that there are so many of us in the same boat, and in the end, more than 90% will become pg within 2 years. Sounds like a long time of course, but the end result is what matters.

I'm feeling sooooo sleepy today...I am just getting over a cold, which probably explains, but I'm frustrated my energy levels are so low...Two weeks ago, I was buzzing with energy, wanting to go to the gym any chance I had. Then I had those dreadful post withdrawal of the pill symptoms which made me feel drained, and then that cold. I want to be boucing again!

Still I'm so happy that my temp this morning definitely confirmed that I ovulated on Tuesday. It is therefore my first 2WW and I find it quite exciting. I'm not looking so much for a +ive result, but will be happy for my LP to be at least 10 days.

I would stay here for hours, but need to go and mown the lawn...yarn......has to be done though!

Come on girls, come and share your day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->