TTC after BCP's

happyladybugg

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of us who have gotten off the fake hormone making, body messer upper, tiny, little, round pill A.K.A "the pill" or birth control pills. I swear these things should come with much more warning of the after effects (when you stop taking them) because had I known all the hurdles and wasted months of getting my hopes up, the irregular cycles and the amount of time it would take me to fall pregnant I would have never even gone near the things! Ok so anyways I was thinking of starting a team for all of us who got off the pill to start ttc. So here are the questions...

Name:
Age(only if you want):
How long have you been off the pill:
Months/cycles ttc:
Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill:
What made you realize you were ready to start ttc:

Feel free to add any other info you want!!! I hope we can start a team so we can all go through this together, have support and to swap experiences, stories and watch each other graduate with our :bfp:
:hug:

Name: Christina

Age(only if you want): 28

How long you were on the pill: 5 years

How long have you been off the pill: Since October 20th 2008

Months/cycles ttc: yesterday started cycle 6

Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill: As of last cycle yes...finally!!!

What made you realize you were ready to start ttc: I had finished my pack of pills and I never got the withdrawl bleed so after about a week my hubby and I wondered if I could be pregnant. We had planned on ttc starting in January but the possiblity made us excited so when we got the :bfn: we were both so sad and that is when we realized it was time to just start right then and there!

I found you :happydance:

Name: Sarah
Age(only if you want): 35 by birth cert - still 25 really - honestly
How long you were on the pill: 9months this time, but on /off for 17years
How long have you been off the pill: Since Feb 09
Months/cycles ttc: nearing end of cycle 2
Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill: don't know yet, ask me later
What made you realize you were ready to start ttc: no withdrawal bleed in Feb, but always wanted a baby, just needed the right OH

Ok Newbies and Oldies without the banner here are the links

For the Pink Team Banner

[url]https://img108.mytextgraphics.com/sparklee/2009/04/30/ba19c539bcc5a7405286f9a21c0f6d13.gif[/url]

Remove the single space after
at the end

For the Purple Team Banner (with embedded link to this Team)

[ URL="https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-buddies/127822-trying-conceive-after-birth-control-pills.html"] [url]https://img901.mytextgraphics.com/sparklee/2009/05/01/d4109e63c9c762cfd658bfb0292d3dbd.gif[/url] [/URL ]

Remove the space after the opening [ and before the final ] and also after the first and before the last [IMG][/B]

If these still don't work then please PM me and I'll edit this post again

Whoohoo!!! Think this is a good idea? It just seems like so many of us are coming off the pill to ttc. We can all be there for each other now in just one thread!!! Theres going to be some of us that get preggers right away and then some of us that it might take just a bit longer but we will all always have each other no matter what happens! :hugs::friends::hugs:

Age(only if you want): 19
How long you were on the pill: 1 year, 1 month break, 1 month (last month)
How long have you been off the pill: 5 days
Months/cycles ttc: this will be 1st
Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill: was when came off for month break
What made you realize you were ready to start ttc: thought was preg on month break, upset when wasnt...thought about it alot an now TTC

Hey girls, great thread! :)
Name: Chelsea
Age(only if you want): 24
How long you were on the pill: 3 years
How long have you been off the pill: Since early Aug. 2008
Months/cycles ttc: 5 more days until cycle 9 or hopefully a BFP.
Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill: Yes, I was very lucky to be regular.
What made you realize you were ready to start ttc: Being around my neice/nephews who I love more then life, both DH & I finished college, got good jobs, and felt like we are ready. :)

Me and my wishful thinking if our team gets big enough and anybody wants the same "team banner" thingy as me, I have no idea how that all works!
URL=https://www.sparklee.com
https://img108.mytextgraphics.com
/sparklee/2009/04/30/ba19c539bcc5a7405286f9a21c0f6d13.gif

/URL
Ok I think I got it now just add one [ to the first URL...like this --->[URL and then add [ ] onto the last URL like this(without the spaces though)----> [ /URL ]....copy and paste into your signature and it should work...I think :blush:

hey all...
Hope u are all ok with me being in here at 19...not sure where BnB sits with 19 y o...ttc groups etc..whether its supported :) xxx

hi hun, our storys seems similar....so much luck to u...here to talk any time ... :dust::dust:

Name: Christina

Age(only if you want): 28

How long you were on the pill: 5 years

How long have you been off the pill: Since October 20th

Months/cycles ttc: yesterday started cycle 6

Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill: As of last cycle yes...finally!!!

What made you realize you were ready to start ttc: I had finished my pack of pills and I never got the withdrawl bleed so after about a week my hubby and I wondered if I could be pregnant. We had planned on ttc starting in January but the possiblity made us excited so when we got the :bfn: we were both so sad and that is when we realized it was time to just start right then and there!

Everybody is welcome here doesnt matter what age!!! No judgements! Just a group of ladies trying to help each other out on this insane ttc journey ecspecially when bcp were involved! Our stories are similar I was thinking that same thing! Good luck to you too. and I am always here to talk as well. :hugs:

Hi all and a big thanks to Christina (happyladybugg) for starting the group!

Name: Julie

How long you were on the pill: 11+ years

How long have you been off the pill: just finished my last pack Sat 4/23)!!! :yipee:

Months/cycles ttc: May will be our first month

Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill: I already don't think they will be since I didn't have a bleed after coming off the pills...

What made you realize you were ready to start ttc: I think a general, we are ready and decided to get off the pills and not prevent to let my cycle and body get back to normal.

Welcome to the group Julie!!! :dance: I'm so excited to have everybody join!!! :dust: for all of us!!!

Thanks! That makes me feel welcome :hugs: I think I will try to add the ticker next...let's see if I can figure this out...hehe XOXO

I just noticed that many of us so far are US girls! yay us! lol... thats pretty rare on this site, usually its mostly UK girls it seems. Hope everyone's having a good night!

Thanks for even trying Julie:hugs: I swear I made no sense in the instructions on how to even do it!:dohh:

Ok so we all have to stick together until every one last of us gets our :bfp: This is going to be so much fun and we can all relate to each others issues with ttc because most likely if there are issues it will be from those darn poopie pills!!!
I am for sure not ever going back that route. I have no idea what I am going to do but Hubby and I plan on having two children of our own(we both have children from previous relationships) pretty close in age and then my factory is closed!!! Did anyone notice how bitchy the pill made you while you were on them? I felt so out of control sometimes. :hissy:
I have been ttc now for five months and I know that isnt that long but I still wonder if its ever going to happen again, I didnt even try for my daughter and the one and only time we weren't careful I got pregnant with her. I had cervical dysplasia about three years ago so I've had a cone biopsy and a LEEP procedure since then, so sometimes I think I'm ruined and I may never have another baby :cry: I'm just tired of getting all excited every month only to see :witch: or :bfn: so this month I'm going to be as laid back as possible. If anyone ever has a question about weird stuff that happens right after you stop the pill I'm your go to gal because I experienced it all. There arent very many resources on the after effects so I was the guinea pig. Good luck to all of you and I hope you get your :bfp:s in no time!!!!

Hahaha I noticed that too but it is 2 am out in the uk so maybe thats why :laugh2: Chelsea I love Oregon its so the most beautiful place I have ever been. I have some very fond memories of Bend as a teenager. We used to go out there in the summer to visit my grandparents...white water rafting, the hiking and waterfalls, the smell of the air and the weather absolutley breath taking all of it!!! I always tell my hubby that we are moving there when we retire.

Chelsea I just noticed your ticker says 5 days until testing...you might be our first :bfp:!!! That would be so cool!!! How are you feeling??

Yeah Oregon is very beautiful. Its nice because we have it all... the ocean, mountains, desert all within a couple hours of each other, and Portland is a gorgeous city. :) But yeah all the UK girls must be sleeping.

Yeah, I'm 5 days until testing... and honestly I don't feel any different then normal. :( Keeping my fingers crossed as I've been at this for 8 months now and no luck so far.

Got my fx for you hun! Extra :dust: just for you! So we are the veterans here. Its getting old huh??? Is that you in the pic? Very beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->