TTC after BCP's

I hope so too Debbie - you have 'graduate' buddies waiting for you! Fx'd and :dust:

Hello. I haven't been on this one in awhile. Well I am on Epo and preseed is due to arrive in the mail tomorrow. so excited. im not due to o until the 13th but i have a feeling it could come as early as the 11th. hoping this is my cycle. if the epo helps my ewcm i could be good. thats my only problem. i hope.

Name: Vanessa
How long you were on the pill: 2 years
How long have you been off the pill: since Feb 09, 8 cycles
Months/cycles ttc: cycle 2
Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill: Yes, Definitely ovulating, 2 days of spotting before AF, 12 day LP
What made you realize you were ready to start ttc: The time is right!

Name: Ricky
How long you were on the pill:2 years on Depo Provera
How long have you been off the pill: since mid March 08
Months/cycles ttc: cycle 2 now
Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill: only the past 3 cycles or so have been regular... i think???
What made you realize you were ready to start ttc: I can't think of anything else :baby:

There's a lot of great threads on BnB and I particularly love this thread. Can't wait to join the :bfp: announcements group

Wishing us all lots and lots of :dust:

Hi ladies! What a friendly and supportive group, may I join?

Name: Sharon
How long you were on the pill: off and on for 20 years
How long have you been off the pill: 5 weeks
Months/cycles ttc: nothing happening yet!
Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill: No, nothing has happened so far :o(
What made you realize you were ready to start ttc: Married my great husband, did our big trip of a lifetime and simply cannot wait any longer!!

It's so nice to be inspired by the ladies on here who were in the same boat and now have their BFP!! Gives hope to us all!

I came off the mini-pill 5 weeks ago and had terrible cramps and backache and headaches - I was convinced I was pregnant and even tested, but no. No sign of AF yet at all, but my hormones seem to be all over the shop. I had long/irregular cycles when I wasn't on the pill so who knows what is happening. I just hope I am/or will be ovulating. Age isn't on my side and I am so impatient to have my AF so I can start keeping track of my cycles. I have no idea about ovulation testing, not sure if you can do it if you haven't had AF yet? Any ideas??

It's great to meet you all and have ladies who understand this frustrating wait!!

Hi ladies! What a friendly and supportive group, may I join?

Name: Sharon
How long you were on the pill: off and on for 20 years
How long have you been off the pill: 5 weeks
Months/cycles ttc: nothing happening yet!
Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill: No, nothing has happened so far :o(
What made you realize you were ready to start ttc: Married my great husband, did our big trip of a lifetime and simply cannot wait any longer!!

It's so nice to be inspired by the ladies on here who were in the same boat and now have their BFP!! Gives hope to us all!

I came off the mini-pill 5 weeks ago and had terrible cramps and backache and headaches - I was convinced I was pregnant and even tested, but no. No sign of AF yet at all, but my hormones seem to be all over the shop. I had long/irregular cycles when I wasn't on the pill so who knows what is happening. I just hope I am/or will be ovulating. Age isn't on my side and I am so impatient to have my AF so I can start keeping track of my cycles. I have no idea about ovulation testing, not sure if you can do it if you haven't had AF yet? Any ideas??

It's great to meet you all and have ladies who understand this frustrating wait!!

Hi SharonF, the wait for :af: is annoying and i completely understand that because that was me last year after coming off the Depo. I had to wait from March to November before i even saw a bit of pink. The sad thing is that you do need the :witch: to visit before you can start keeping track of your cycle but on a positive note, there are things I did and changed in my life that I believe helped :af: visit.

I had to go back to anatomy101 to understand where periods come from and what hormones and brain activity lead to the production of eggs and ultimately a visit from :af:

I recommend you take a proper look at your lifestyle, diet and stress levels in particular bcos ur body is used to having fake menstrual cycles bcos of the pill and so a complete new look will do you a world of good... 5 weeks is a short time though so give it some time and try not to stress over it and i'm confident :af: will visit. It's harder said than done so try to hang in there :hugs::hugs:

Thanks Twinmad! Good to know people here understand!

My lifestyle is pretty good and I don't often get stressed so that should all help! Could do with losing a few pounds and eating a little more healthily, but am not doing too badly! I know that being relaxed about all this is the best thing, but it is on my mind so much! My age and my history of irregular cycles does worry me though but I just need to wait and see what is going on now. Who knows, after all these years I may well have a perfectly regular cycle and ovulate like clockwork! I will just have to wait and see!

I am sure that chatting on here will help and save me bending the ear of my OH and Mum!

I just ordered a thermometer so I can start to find out about my temperature and have learnt all about CM! At least I feel like I am doing something productive now! (Even if I am meant to be working!!)

OOps, sorry, double posting - not sure why?? Beginner's lack of skills!

Thanks Twinmad! Good to know people here understand!

My lifestyle is pretty good and I don't often get stressed so that should all help! Could do with losing a few pounds and eating a little more healthily, but am not doing too badly! I know that being relaxed about all this is the best thing, but it is on my mind so much! My age and my history of irregular cycles does worry me though but I just need to wait and see what is going on now. Who knows, after all these years I may well have a perfectly regular cycle and ovulate like clockwork! I will just have to wait and see!

I am sure that chatting on here will help and save me bending the ear of my OH and Mum!

I just ordered a thermometer so I can start to find out about my temperature and have learnt all about CM! At least I feel like I am doing something productive now! (Even if I am meant to be working!!)

Wow - fun to have so many new people joining the team! Welcome Vanessa, Ricky (cute name by the way!) and Sharon! I hope your stay in TTC is short and sweet :)

Sharon - I didn't have a w/d bleed or :witch: the month-ish after I first came off the pill either. But once I did - it was on!! hehe By the way - where did you go for your big trip?

XOXO

Sharon - I didn't have a w/d bleed or :witch: the month-ish after I first came off the pill either. But once I did - it was on!! hehe By the way - where did you go for your big trip?

XOXO

Thanks for sharing your experience, makes me feel vaguely normal!:wacko:

We rode our motorbikes to North Africa and back -not something we could do with a baby so we were making the most of being child-free!!

UPDATE:
Today I got my first AF since the BCP! It took me 5 weeks but I am glad to see it arrive - for the first and last time hopefully! Feels like my body is actually getting back to full working order. Having a complete lack of AF (for the wrong reasons) just feels odd and erie! Fingers crossed this is a good sign!

Hey Sharon, congrats on getting your AF - sounds weird to say that. I'm still waiting for mine, hopefully won't be too long. I wish you all the best for your BFP!!!!

Name: BabyGem

Age(only if you want): 27

How long you were on the pill: 2 years (3 year gap) then since age of 16
How long have you been off the pill: 4 weeks tomorrow
Months/cycles ttc: None as yet
Are your cycles regular since coming off the pill: See above

What made you realize you were ready to start ttc: Always knew I wanted children but recently something has just clicked and now it's all i can think about!!!

I posted the below thread earlier but have posted again as now I guess sharing with ladies in a similar postion would be a good start.

I have been off Cerazette for 4 weeks now and still haven't had a withdrawal bleed no spotting nothing. I have had a few symptons which have been described as pregnancy symptons though I am aware this is quite normal (though some of these I never had during cycles before the pill which makes it feel a bit strange as i'm not sure what is going on??). I thought that I had ovulated approx 2 weeks ago (had CM) which made me think things were working OK but now I am doubting i atucually did ovulate now??

I have used a couple of ovualtion kits but they have been negative and have now purchased a BBT kit but as I haven't had my 1st cycle is it still possible to start taking it as of tomorrow for example?

I know I have to be patient as it is fairly early in the process of getting back to normal but I am beginning to get a little worried not knowing what is going on so any input from you would be great to help put my mind at rest....

Thanks ladies and any thoughts on the above would be welcome xxx

Hi and welcome Babygem. I also got off BCP without a w/d bleed. I was on the pill for about 12+ years continuously. I think my first :witch: came about 30-32 days after getting off the pill. I had lots of symptoms that I thought were preggo related like bloating, major bb pain/sensitivity and breaking out but for me those were just 'being off the pill/hormones' symptoms.

I never did the ov kits of BBT as I was trying to 'relax and let things happen' (for a short while anyway :)) so sorry I can't offer much advice there. I did got for a pre-conception check with my doctor and it made me feel much better about everything. I can't remember know if I had one :witch: or two but I got my BFP within 2 or 3 months after coming off the pill.

I know everyone is different but I hope this helps and I am sending you lots of :dust: XOXO

Thanks akgrown it's just good to know other people's journeys (good and not so good) to help keep your spirits up along the way.

Congratulations on your BFP let's hope i'm not too far behind you!!

Hu babygem. Good luck with the ttc. I've been on Yasmin an have been off it since July this year now, but periods came back as normal. Hope you get your bfp soon.
sending lots of :dust:

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share the news that it seems the AF is on the way so I'm quite excited thinking i can now properly start TTC!!! :happydance:

Anyway hopefully the next exciting news will be the big BFP but I will try and be a bit more patient on that one!! :winkwink:

Hope we get some:bfp: soon!!

x

I'm already leaving this lucky team, after I got my bfp today & will move over to first tri.
Good luck everyone.
xxx

YAY!!!!!!! :yipee: :bunny::yipee: :bunny::yipee: :bunny::yipee: :bunny::yipee: :bunny::yipee: :bunny::yipee: :bunny::yipee: :bunny::yipee: :bunny::yipee: :bunny:

Congrats fluffpuffin!!!!! Great news!!! XOXO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->