TTC After D&C/D&E Buddies

It looks like I spoke to soon, I just went to the bathroom to do opk and I'm bleeding pretty good now. The blood is a deep red/brown color so I don't think its af. Sucks, I want to have a baby already!

nostress, i hope everything goes ok at your post-op! i'm sorry you had such a tough time at work, i wish there was something i could do or say to help you!

I'm sorry you're feeling badly nostress. And I'm sorry that you've started bleeding again Aunie.

Twinkie, if your husband wants to talk to some of his friends about it maybe he can just text those few friends instead of announcing it to the world on fb. You should definitely tell him how you feel.

Nostress- so sorry that your day at work was so bad.

Let me tell you about the lovely conversation I had yesterday. I had a voicemail from our insurance provider over the weekend that said the needed to speak with me about important insurance coverage. I was kind of freaked out that my work messed something up with my insurance and accidentally took me off our plan (as silly as this sounds it happened to one of my friends!). So I made sure to call the insurance company back on Monday. First I have to go through numerous prompts to actually speak to a person. So when the Customer Service Rep gets on the phone and verifies my name and birthday she tells me that "I have been referred to their healthy pregnancy program" and askes "Are you currently expecting?" I politely said "No I am not." (It is not her fault that I am on this phone list.) Then the stupid broad asks me "Are you sure?" Now slightly more aggrevated I answer that I am not expecting. Then she procedes to tell me that I was referred to the program, so finally I cut her off and said I was expecting but I miscarried. She then apologized and said she would take my name off the list.

Seriously who asks someone if they are sure they are not pregnant?

After I m/c the second time, my doctors nurse asked me if I was sure I was even pregnant. I was like really? You think I like coming here and paying a $40 co-pay to spread my legs? Ugh!

Wow Twinkie that's so ridiculous! I'm sorry you had to deal with that, you too Aunie, that's so daft

My post op went ok... I can BD again, and nothing came back on pathology... no abnormalities. She ordered me another bottle of prenatals to last me through my move in a month and ordered the lab to draw some blood and check my hcg levels.

Here's a question for you all:
Should I
A: Get my hcg levels checked this week, even though I got a positive on an HPT this morning
(or)
B: Wait till a week from today

I would get a serum hCG if you can. That way you'll know exactly where the number is.

AND I would also get another a week from now.

No idea what a serum hcg is and I think she just ordered the one test. It's difficult to get into women's health to talk to OBGYNs when you're not pregnant... at least in a military hospital

Serum just means "blood", so a serum hCG is just a blood test for hCG.

Do you have to use a lab at the military hospital or can you use any lab?

:wine::wine::wine: wine induced typo... I have to use the lab at the military hospital is what I meant.

wow! i've been gone for a few days between working 3 - 12 hour shifts and hurricane irene :boat: i think i missed about 20 pages! hello to all the new faces, i'm glad you found us :flower:

gahhh, there is so much to catch up on, i don't even know where to start! first, holy mother of cramps. i've been cramping for 2 weeks straight, thinking i'm getting ready to start but still no :af: the first time in my life i'm actually begging to start my period so we can get back w/ our old friend clomid. has anybody started yet?

i see lots of ppl are returning to work. it does get better! the first day back was good, tearful, but pretty decent considering. my second day was hellacious-mostly b/c it was just major insanity w/ all of my patients (i'm a nurse on a cardiac/icu stepdown unit) i ended up having a major breakdown towards the end of the day and had tell my manager i couldn't come back the next day. i think i should have waited longer (i went back one week after d-day) things are better now, i've had some pretty good days. although there are so many of my co-workers who are pg that it can be pretty hard to be around all the preggo talk. especially this one girl who complains all day about everything pregnancy related. and i don't want to come accross as a major bitch...but part of me wants to put her in her place and let her know i'd gladly take her place and cherish all the heartburn/swelling/stretch marks!

and now on to my major rant for the evening. i'm really trying to keep my head up through all of this. i don't want to become and angry, bitter at the world, person. but where the hell is my good karma? i really thought i was a genuinely good person. but on top of losing our baby that i desperately wanted, not being able to get pregnant like a normal person, or having rediculous cramps for the past two weeks, i now have another effing kidney stone :brat: i'm not new to the kidney stone scene...this is now my 8th (ouch!) but it's like, geez, can i catch a freakin' break?? i'm hurting soooo badly right now, if it doesn't let up i'll be on my way to the ER :nope: i just feel like i'm being punished some how, but i don't know what on earth i could have done to deserve all the poo i'm being dealt. i seriously think my karma must have been mixed up w/ someone else!

alrighty...deep breath...that's all i'll rant about today. hoping to have a period soon, and a passed kidney stone sooner! goodnight ladies...and thanks for letting me rant :)

My post op went ok... I can BD again, and nothing came back on pathology... no abnormalities. She ordered me another bottle of prenatals to last me through my move in a month and ordered the lab to draw some blood and check my hcg levels.

Here's a question for you all:
Should I
A: Get my hcg levels checked this week, even though I got a positive on an HPT this morning
(or)
B: Wait till a week from today

That's a tough one. I personally would want both :) Getting your Hcg checked this week would let you know how high the levels really are, if they are low you know everything is going down and if they are high you have a reason to request further testing. But if you wait until next week you could get great results of <5, which is what we are all hoping for after our MC. So I have no advice, I see pros and cons for both!

FF finally gave me crosshairs this morning!:happydance: It thinks that I am 9 dpo (which is when I originally thought I might have O'd judging by a temp dip and spike and sore BBs) but then I got EWCM 6 days ago that corresponded with a temp dip and spike, so I don't really know when to expect AF:dohh:. But It is good to know she should show next week (at the latest!) We are definately preventing this month, so I'm kind of sad that I have no reason to test (I am having a crazy urge to pee on something:blush: at least in a couple weeks I can start my OPKs)

I am so ready to start TTC!

Welcome back nursekelly!I feel the same way you do about the karma, where the hell is it?a couple weeks ago my car broke down, I drive all day for work and I'm screwed without my car. And then the biggest bad thing to ever happen-my baby dies. Then because my insurance deductable was so high when I had my d&e, it took all of the money my dh and I saved for a down payment on a house. Now I'm right back where I was 5 months ago. Its like life doesn't want me to move forward for some reason! I'm gonna do it though! One way or another I am going to have a baby and get a house for it to grow up in!

Twinkie, I'm glad you you have an idea of where you're at. Hooray for getting back on track!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->