TTC After D&C/D&E Buddies

I'm a little confused cause 5 days after my d&e i had a barely +hpt but a very +opk, cd 6 both tests were neg. From what I've just been reading online, hpts are more sensitive in picking up hcg then opks. Idk, I'm just driving myself crazy. I think I just need to relax and let whatever will be be, it's hard though.

I was just looking through my notes for you, maybe it'll help you figure your cycle out.

My HPT turned negative the day AFTER my OPK turned positive (after having been negative).

OPK turned negative after D&C on CD11
OPK turned positive again CD21
HPT turned negative CD22
Cycle lasted 37 days, period on 38th day after D&C (CD1)

My cycles are pretty regular at 30 days. I usually ovulate on day 15 or 16, and have a 14 or 15 day luteal phase.

Everyone's different, but I TOTALLY understand your need to figure it out! It was KILLING me!

Thanks for your help Janet! My cycle length is the same as yours, usually 30-32 days. If you got af 16 days after d&c, i should be getting af around the 9th, i hope she comes that soon! I'm driving my poor DH husband crazy too, he thinks i need to do something about my anxiety. I'm gonna see if there's any natural anti-anxiety pills out there i can try

You're welcome! But I got AF on day 38 after D&C, not 16 days after. It was the longest 37 days EVER!

I wish I could recommend something for your anxiety. Unfortunately I have the same problem.

Aunie, anxiety does suck! I actively look for help coping with stress. I hate taking pills though, so I do a lot of natural exercises and techniques.

Well update on the SIL, she now has to quit working. So I have already got comments on FB about hre having to stay in bed and put her feet up. Seriously, get over it! You do what you have to do to have a healthy baby!

Anyway enough of that rant. Come on AF, I am ready for you! I am going to pick my son up from school in a few minutes. Then I think we are going to go shopping. My mom had told me that she saw an awesome deal on some little onsies. I think shopping for my future child would brighten my day some. If only I could get that baby to wear them! I'll just consider my shopping as being optimistic. And with all the girls in my family popping out kids, I know that there will be someone who could use them if I can't.

Well I didn't find anything for my hypothetical child, but shopping was still fun. I did get to pick up some party supplies for my son's birthday party. It is hard to believe he is going to be 8 in a couple weeks! He is so grown up now and doesn't need me as much. It just kicks my baby fever into overdrive...

Twinkie, sorry you didn't find anything for your future baby. We will all get our babies soon!

Nostress, lucky!! I'm bleeding so much right now that sex isn't really an option, blood is a turn of for the dh lol

I talked to my boss today at work, she used to be a nurse practitioner in labor and delivery for a long time before she came to work at hospice. I was telling her about my bleeding since my surgery and she thinks I've got AF already. I really hope she's right! She also advised me to use protection for the next 6 weeks which is not happening! She said she had ladies come in all the time for their 6 week post op after having babies that were 4 or 5 weeks pregnant. Even though i hope she's right, I've decided to calm down and relax a little, which is easier said than done. I don't think my body will let me get pregnant if it's this stressed all the time

i'm having a hard time trying to chill out, too! i kinda wish we had been using protection the past couple weeks b/c in the back of my mind i'm wondering if i'm pg again b/c af hasn't started and it's been 4 weeks since my d&c. i'm gonna go buy some tests tomorrow just to see if i get a bfn. good luck girlies :dust:

Hi, just ignore me if you're not in the mood, cuz I'm excited!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO! I FINALLY got my AF!

I got my first FRER on August 16th CD22. And I got AF this morning so I guess it took 16 days after the negative test to get AF. Everyone's different of course.

I've never really minded my periods, but I don't EVER remember being THIS happy about it! No wonder I've been so exhausted and such a monster.

Hope everyone's having a great day. I'm thinking about you guys.

Yay!! Congrats!!:happydance: Hope I'm not too far behind!

I finally got some sleeping pills and slept really good last night but I woke up feeling sad. I tell people I'm doing ok and it gets a little easier everyday but is that the truth? I'm stuck in my head today, I wish I could just accept what happened and move on

I finally got some sleeping pills and slept really good last night but I woke up feeling sad. I tell people I'm doing ok and it gets a little easier everyday but is that the truth? I'm stuck in my head today, I wish I could just accept what happened and move on

So sorry your having a down day.:hugs: I understand how you feel. People expect you to move on, to be doing better, and it's easier to just tell them what they want to hear, than to tell them how torn up you really are. You will be able to accept what happened with time, your grief is still raw. Cut yourself a break and let yourself feel how you want to feel.

Well it has been over 4 weeks since my D&C and I decided to go out for the first time since the procedure with a group of my DH's friends. What he didn't know is that another couple came along with their daughter who couldn't have been more than 3 months old. DH just can't understand how I don't want to socialize with people who have babies. I wish them all the best, but I just don't feel like being in that situation. I managed to make it through the night, but it was rough. I hope one day I can see a baby and just be happy instead of hurting for what I lost.

Thanks twinkie! That's exactly it, people expect me to be better so I act like I'm doing better so they don't look down on me. I feel like I'm stuck, I can't go back to the aunie I was before and I can't get to the aunie I want to be. I'm lost

nursekelly, hope you get your AF!

Aunie, I think Twinkie210 may be right. You have to let yourself feel how you feel. I think I may be like you, I want to just move on and feel fine. But I do find that I deal with things better if I don't try to tell myself how to feel...but that's SO hard for me!

I'm glad you got some good sleep though.

Where's nostress? lmao I guess she's still having
Sex is wonderful btw
. LUCKY GIRL!!

TMI alert. I find that my husband and I can hardly wait to have sex after AF. Neither one of us is squeamish about doing it during AF, but I feel like maybe if we don't do it for a while, we'll want it more after AF. BUT then after we're doing it at least once a day for a week or more, it's such a giant ordeal. Is this just because we're old or do you younger people have this happen too? It's really only when we "have" to do it for BDing reasons that we have such a bad attitude. Oh boy, that sounds horrible!

/

Thanks twinkie! That's exactly it, people expect me to be better so I act like I'm doing better so they don't look down on me. I feel like I'm stuck, I can't go back to the aunie I was before and I can't get to the aunie I want to be. I'm lost

:hugs: I don't think we will ever be exactly the same, nor do I want to be. I think my little angel changed me. I am determined to make it a change for the better. Try to keep your head up!

nursekelly, hope you get your AF!

Aunie, I think Twinkie210 may be right. You have to let yourself feel how you feel. I think I may be like you, I want to just move on and feel fine. But I do find that I deal with things better if I don't try to tell myself how to feel...but that's SO hard for me!

I'm glad you got some good sleep though.

Where's nostress? lmao I guess she's still having
Sex is wonderful btw
. LUCKY GIRL!!

TMI alert. I find that my husband and I can hardly wait to have sex after AF. Neither one of us is squeamish about doing it during AF, but I feel like maybe if we don't do it for a while, we'll want it more after AF. BUT then after we're doing it at least once a day for a week or more, it's such a giant ordeal. Is this just because we're old or do you younger people have this happen too? It's really only when we "have" to do it for BDing reasons that we have such a bad attitude. Oh boy, that sounds horrible!

/

Well I am not that young, but I don't consider myself old either:winkwink:! We have the same problem (or at least DH does). I have no problem BDing all the time because I know it is to make that lovely baby I so desperately want. But DH is not that into it. I always thought it was the woman who refused sex! It caused many arguments and I am certain his lack of wanting sex is the reason it took us 6 months to get pregnant this last time. I know he is anxious to have another baby now, so I hope that leads to more :sex: but I guess we'll see in a few weeks! I am just afraid if it takes more than a few months he will get fed up with the everyother day thing again.:growlmad:

Haha, the " aren't you the man, shouldn't you WANT sex all the time?" talk, so much fun! LOL, we go through it too. At first I thought it was the age difference, he's almost 30 I'm 22... but nope, I guess everyone goes through this when TTC.

We're doing awesome now, my AWOL-ness has been from that :)sex:)... along with working out again, working again, feeling good enough to spend quality time with my DD again, and preparing to move 3000 miles across the country in less than 30 days, been ridiculously busy.

Sorry if I don't write direct replies to everyone. But I do keep up on this board and enjoy reading and keeping up with everyone's posts.

Have a great labor day weekend girlies, hope those among you that don't feel great feel better!

Well, I decided to post something about my MC on FB today. I thought that I would get more responses, but only people that knew about it even liked my status. I guess all my fears were for nothing. It feels good to get it out there. I am tired of pretending like it didn't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->