TTC After D&C/D&E Buddies

I'm having second thoughts about the cvs, I don't think i'm going to do it. I would love to know if everything is ok or not, i would hate to lose another baby so late because that was so horrible. But i just couldn't live with myself if i have a healthy baby inside me and lose it because of the cvs. What if an infection gets in there? What if my placenta ruptures when they take a little piece? The risk is 1/100 of m/c but if you think about how many women are pregnant right now, 1/100 is a high risk. I don't know, i think i need to talk to my doctor again.

aunie-yay! for your positive u/s! i don't blame you for being skeptical about the cvs. i'm not sure that i would want to risk it either!

nostress-so happy for you! u/s pics look great!

jenna-sorry for af! she's such a :witch:

twinkie/twinkle2/filipenko---any news yet??

so....i took a frer yesterday (11dpo) and saw an ever-so faint-line....but it was there! i took another one this morning and still faint, but a little darker than yesterday. i'm not sure what to think. as long as any line shows up its positive, right? idk. i wouldn't exactly call it a :bfp: ...maybe a "p" without the BF! i'm thinking i'll just wait a few days and test again. i'm so nervous!

aunie-yay! for your positive u/s! i don't blame you for being skeptical about the cvs. i'm not sure that i would want to risk it either!

nostress-so happy for you! u/s pics look great!

jenna-sorry for af! she's such a :witch:

twinkie/twinkle2/filipenko---any news yet??

so....i took a frer yesterday (11dpo) and saw an ever-so faint-line....but it was there! i took another one this morning and still faint, but a little darker than yesterday. i'm not sure what to think. as long as any line shows up its positive, right? idk. i wouldn't exactly call it a :bfp: ...maybe a "p" without the BF! i'm thinking i'll just wait a few days and test again. i'm so nervous!

STILL waiting to O (although not unusual for me!)

Congrats on the faint line! From what I have read any line is a +, and it is a good sign that it looked darker the next morning!

What do yo think? #2 was today @26dpo. Am I crazy??

Attachments

• Township 13 Cokey-20111125-00237.jpg
    Township 13 Cokey-20111125-00237.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 6
OH i just looked at the pics... are you really 26dpo? or CD 26?

oops...cd 26! not sure when i O'd this month...i gave up on the opks and just bd'd every other day after my round of clomid. i hope this little bean sticks! (or it might just be like a grain of rice at this point! either way...keeping my fingers crossed!!

thanks for confirming i'm not losing it!

Deffo bfp!!! Yay NurseKelly, how exciting!!! v happy for you! No news from me will be a while before ovulation. x

oops...cd 26! not sure when i O'd this month...i gave up on the opks and just bd'd every other day after my round of clomid. i hope this little bean sticks! (or it might just be like a grain of rice at this point! either way...keeping my fingers crossed!!

thanks for confirming i'm not losing it!

Well if you are only CD26, then I think those lines look promising! Lots of sticky dust to you!!!!:dust:

I was so pissed at my OPKs after getting negatives for 3 days despite having fertile CM, so I said today was the last day I would use them and .... :)!!!!!

Nursekelly-congrats on your BFP!!!

Twinkie-Congrats on O, get to bd'ing!

hi all am lucy and i had a d&c last tuesday the bleeding had finally stopped thank God although i was supposed to wait for BD it had been almost a month so needless to say i had to dtd sorry tmi, i have been reading the post sorry hope you don;t mind and i was wondering what was the final decision on the listening to your dr about ttc again, i was told that i had to wait about 3 months and to be honest i don;t want to wait that long i mean after being told for years that i could not conceive then finally finding out that i had a bfp and then to end up being an ectopic i feel that if i wait that long it;s going to be even longer to be able to have a baby and am 28 so i don't want to wait much longer sorry to long but any views are welcome thanks in advance

hi all am lucy and i had a d&c last tuesday the bleeding had finally stopped thank God although i was supposed to wait for BD it had been almost a month so needless to say i had to dtd sorry tmi, i have been reading the post sorry hope you don;t mind and i was wondering what was the final decision on the listening to your dr about ttc again, i was told that i had to wait about 3 months and to be honest i don;t want to wait that long i mean after being told for years that i could not conceive then finally finding out that i had a bfp and then to end up being an ectopic i feel that if i wait that long it;s going to be even longer to be able to have a baby and am 28 so i don't want to wait much longer sorry to long but any views are welcome thanks in advance

So sorry for you loss:hugs:

I waited one cycle. My Dr. recommended this to give my body some time to heal after the procedure. My Dr told us we could start having sex after my 2 week follow up. Did they treat your ectopic with a shot? I have heard several women say that they were told to wait 3 months after an ectopic, but I don't know from personal experience.

Congrats nursekelly on your BFP! That is awesome! So happy for you.
Have fun bding Twinkie, for me too! It's been months, durn pelvic rest! For good cause. Glad you got your smiley opk!
Aunie , let us know what you decide on the cvs, I hope that whatever choice you make is one you feel 100% comfortable with and confident it is the way you should go. It's your baby, no one can make the decision for you and it be right. Hugs and let us know what you decide.

Lucy I am sorry for your loss, we know it is a rough thing for anyone to endure but it is different for evryone:hugs:.

I waited till I stopped bleeding to bd, no protection, had signs that I o-ed then my period came exactly one month after the dc. Then I really got into my opks and temping and stress reduction techniques and o-ed again, 8-9 days later I got my bfp. I know it doesn't always happen that fast, we were quite blessed or simply lucky. My pregnancy wasn't ectopic though, the sac was in my uterus just had stopped growing and nothing was inside it... So I dunno if the wait times change when it's ectopic... I hope I helped somewhat, and you're welcome to read and run or join in the posts! :flower:

Hi Lucy! Sorry about your loss and that it was an ectopic too :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: That must have been very difficult to deal with. You don't have to wait but the only thing I know is that if you were treated with methodoxtrate (sp??!) then you definitely have to wait. Otherwise, if it was a natural miscarriage I'm not sure. It may be worth setting up a thread so you can find other ladies who have had ectopic pregnancies and see what they did? If you find others who have exactly the situation as you then and have got successfully pregnant then I wouldn't see a reason to wait. Can I just ask was it an ectopic that wasn't stuck in the fallopian tube if you had a d&c or do they d&c anyway even with ectopics? Hope that makes sense! x

So sorry for you loss:hugs:

I waited one cycle. My Dr. recommended this to give my body some time to heal after the procedure. My Dr told us we could start having sex after my 2 week follow up. Did they treat your ectopic with a shot? I have heard several women say that they were told to wait 3 months after an ectopic, but I don't know from personal experience.

my ob was going to a laparascopy to remove the ectopic if there was no fetal tissue with the d&c since there was not she tried to do the lap but i had so much scar tissue from a previous surgery that she had to end up having to do like a c section to remove the ectopic and to fix some i guess endometriosis that had happened as well i have my first post op check up tomorrow am going to talk to her about it since i don't really want to wait unless i really have too.
i mean i care about my health too and i want to be healthy enough when i finally do get an other bfp am just scared that it will take a long time so i don't want to have to wait three months know what i mean?

Hi Lucy! Sorry about your loss and that it was an ectopic too :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: That must have been very difficult to deal with. You don't have to wait but the only thing I know is that if you were treated with methodoxtrate (sp??!) then you definitely have to wait. Otherwise, if it was a natural miscarriage I'm not sure. It may be worth setting up a thread so you can find other ladies who have had ectopic pregnancies and see what they did? If you find others who have exactly the situation as you then and have got successfully pregnant then I wouldn't see a reason to wait. Can I just ask was it an ectopic that wasn't stuck in the fallopian tube if you had a d&c or do they d&c anyway even with ectopics? Hope that makes sense! x

thanks filipenko the reason why they did a d&C was bc i had been bleeding for a little over three weeks and she thought that my body was just not passing everything on it's on she thought that there was a chance of ectopic bc of my hcg levels they were all over the placel before i went in to surgery she told me that she would do the d&c first and check for fetal tissue since i guess there was none she tried to do a laparascopy to check my tubes and she ended up doing a c section bc she could not do the lap through the belly button no a D&c is not the regular way to remove an ectopic they do a laparascopy and remove it that way at least that what i was told

Hi Lucy I totally get why you don't want to wait :hugs: but i'm not sure what's best in your case. Perhaps ask your doc again? You will get there in the end it's just a bumpy road for some of us x x x :hugs:

Good luck w/ O, twinkie! Praying this is the month for you!

I ended up doing 2 more hpts over the last few days and each one got darker! I had a beta hcg drawn today and they want to do another Wednesday to make sure that it is increasing correctly. I'm so scared/nervous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->