• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC After D&C/D&E Buddies

Bastegirl, I hope it works out for you! I'm very sorry for your loss and having to wait so long to try again. Seems like your levels will be normal now that all the tissue is out. I'm so excited for all of us! I'm glad I found you ladies to share this time with. I'm still very sad about my loss and trying again is my only ray of sunshine! After my d&e she took lots of blood to test me for everything, I kind of hope there's something just a little off that I can take a pill for and have a healthy pregnancy!

Was this your first loss? (Sorry if you already answered this, but I don't remember!). I kind of wish my Dr. would do some blood tests, but since this was my first MC and I have had one healthy pregnancy already, he thinks it was just a "genetic fluke" and I should be fine the next time. I am concerned that my progesterone is low. I only have a 10 or 11 day LP and I usually start spotting 3 days before AF starts. I had some blood tests when I first found out I was pregnant and my progesterone was low (only 6.8) but I am sure my doc is going to say it is because the pg wasn't viable. I actually started progesterone supplements when I found out it was low, but then had to stop them after my U/S. I am also worried that this is the reason it took us 6 months to get pg in the first place. I have a yearly exam in Oct so that gives me one good cycle before then. Hopefully I will get pg and it won't be an issue, but if not I think I am going to ask if I can have my progesterone level checked. My doc also told me that he would do early blood tests and U/S the next time I got pregnant, so I think I am going to insist they check my progesterone right away.

Hi everyone, I am new here, but I would love to join you guys? I had a d&c on August 15th , my baby was 16weeks 3d.

So sorry about everyones losses, I am still finding it hard to deal with, but we are ready to ttc again as soon as we can!

I hope im not imposing on you guys.

jennajul2001, not imposing at all. Welcome to you and to Aunie as well. I'll post your stats in the first post whenever ya'll give them to me.

I'll catch up later on today, still busy.

Twinkie, this is my 3rd loss this year. My first 2 were early around 6 weeks and my doc wouldn't test me either, she said we just weren't getting the right combonation. I'm sure if you tell your doc you want your prog tested he will, a womens gut feeling is usually right! I'm glad you have had a healthy pregnancy before chances are you'll have one again :) the chances of having a second tri loss is 1% so I really think there's something off with me.

I'm off on a holiday overseas tomorrow girls, back end of next week. Hope everyone has a good week next week. Look forward to reading all the updates when I'm back. Will be taking my HPT's with me and hope that I get a -ve whilst I'm away!

Sorry to hear about all your losses, life is very unfair sometimes. But fingers crossed we will all move on when we get pregnant again (which I'm hoping will be this year).

Jennajul, I am new here too. I'm sorry for your loss. We are all pretty much in the same boat here. I had my d&e last friday 8/19 I was almost 18 wks. I think I might O next weekend and I really wanted to try but my DH suggested we wait until all of my bloodwork comes back. I don't like it but he's right, plus I want to make sure my body is ready to carry a healthy baby.

Hi ladies, unfortunately I am able to ask to join u here. I had a dnc today after bleeding from my mc for 8 weeks.

Me and my oh were trying for our first baby after 9 and a half years together. Everything was going fine until I was 11 weeks on 20th june and went for my first scan. It showed only a pregnancy sac measuring 5 weeks, I had another scan a week later to confirm the mc and still measured around 5 and half weeks. I mc naturally on the 30th June and I have been bleeding ever since. After 3 scans post mc the epau finally referred me for my dnc.

So I am now cd1, right? As had the dnc today? Feeling so ready to move on from this although my first little bean will never be forgotten.

Enjoy ur holiday peteradamelle :)

I am now going to catch up with the rest of the posts, and wish everyone loads of luck and baby dust :dust: xx

My stats are:
Claire (25) - DH (25) - Angel Baby (12.4 weeks measuring 5.4 weeks) mmc 30th June, D&C August 26, 2011

Thanks so much everyone, I cannot wait to start trying . I have my post dnc follow up on Sept 13th but have not been sent for bloodwork or an us, so not really sure what to expect from that appointment. My doctor has not told me to wait to ttc or anything I was just told no sex for 2 weeks post dnc. So I dont know what to think .

Not sure what info you need but I checked the first post again lol. Hopefully this is what you n eed?
My name is Julie (29) - DH(34) - DD (10) and my angel baby boy (16 weeks 3d) had my d&c on August 15th 2011

Let me know if you need to know anything else.:)

Bastegirl, I hope it works out for you! I'm very sorry for your loss and having to wait so long to try again. Seems like your levels will be normal now that all the tissue is out. I'm so excited for all of us! I'm glad I found you ladies to share this time with. I'm still very sad about my loss and trying again is my only ray of sunshine! After my d&e she took lots of blood to test me for everything, I kind of hope there's something just a little off that I can take a pill for and have a healthy pregnancy!

Well I couldn't resist and bought a hpt while I was shopping today. :blush: And I'm SO excited that it came back :bfn: so I think my levels are normal again. :happydance:

When will you find out the results from your bloodwork?

Hopefullly we'll all get :bfp: real soon! :dust:

Petera-have a good vacation! I have everything crossed for you!

Hi everyone, I am new here, but I would love to join you guys? I had a d&c on August 15th , my baby was 16weeks 3d.

So sorry about everyones losses, I am still finding it hard to deal with, but we are ready to ttc again as soon as we can!

Welcome Jenna and I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs: I also had a d&c on the 15th but mine was after a mmc on July 6th.

This is a great place for support and to vent if you need to.

Hi Kanga :wave: (we've chatted on another thread) - did everything go alright with your d&c? How are you feeling?

Yes, you can call it CD1 even though it isn't a true CD until your first :af: but that's the best way to chart it.

Kanga, I'm sorry you have to join us here but welcome! I have heard that you should count d&c day as cd1. I'm sorry about your loss, I hope you O soon!

Thank u ladies, I have posted on my recovery after dnc thread about the op, but it all went well and now recovery at home off to bed in a bit as I'm knackered. I went to work this morning at 5.30am, was at the hospital for 12noon and now it's just gone 10pm. I know quite a few of u are over in America so different times, just thought I would explain that I'm not being lazy and going to bed early lol. Ok now I'm rambling so I better go. :) xx

Bastetgrrrl, I'm glad your levels are down!! When do you start ttc?
I go for my post-op in a week and half, 9/7. She said all of my results might not be back yet and the genetics test they are doing on the baby won't be back for a month. After my m/c I didn't get af until 6 weeks after, I hope since I had a d&e this time af will be back in 4 weeks like normal. Have you looked on amazon for hpts and opks? They have kits of 50 for $9! I ordered 2 packs of each lol

Jennajul, I am new here too. I'm sorry for your loss. We are all pretty much in the same boat here. I had my d&e last friday 8/19 I was almost 18 wks. I think I might O next weekend and I really wanted to try but my DH suggested we wait until all of my bloodwork comes back. I don't like it but he's right, plus I want to make sure my body is ready to carry a healthy baby.

Hi Aunie, so sorry about your loss :( . I have no idea when I wil O but I am hoping soon. I havent been told to wait any length of time to ttc just no bd for 2 wks after dnc. I know i most likely have hcg in my system still as opks are still coming up positive and to make matters worse my milk came in not long after the dnc. i just ordered some hpt/opk sticks off ebay and cannot wait to get them so I can see when my levels are down. But we are gonna start trying asap as soon as the two weeks are up levels down or not . Its nice to have found others going through the same aweful things and not feeling so alone.

Aunie - Well I'd say we aren't preventing right now. Last night was the first time since the d&c that we :sex: so we'll just wait and see what happens first....:bfp: or af. Either way I just want something to happen. I chart my BBT, CP and CM instead of using OPKs because of two reasons my cycles are irregular (crazy long) and when I tried them the cycle that we conceived I got a positive but dr confirmed I hadn't O yet. Didn't O until a week later. Basically there was a surge but not O so it's cheaper and better to just chart. And I'm also not a huge hpt tester. It's too depressing seeing a :bfn: (except today of course! :winkwink:) so I just wait it out as long as I can.

Hopefully you'll get the results real soon so that you can get back at it. :happydance:

Welcome Jenna and I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs: I also had a d&c on the 15th but mine was after a mmc on July 6th.

This is a great place for support and to vent if you need to.

Thank you so much, I am so glad to have found you all. I'm so sorry for your loss :( We are so ready to ttc again but who knows whats going on in my body. Does everyone count the day of dnc as cd1? I did not know how to count that and have been so confused about all of it.

Hi I just found this thread online and thought I would post for the first time on a forum. I had a D&C 7 weeks ago. It was my second miscarriage after having a miscarriage and D&C in 2009.

I think I would like to TTC asap but it's really scary! I've still not had AF since the procedure and it's so frustrating.

bastetgrrl, this is my first time using opks. the last three times i got pregnant i just counted 14 days from the start of my cycle and bd around that time. My doc told me it looks like i o a little late which makes sense since my cycle is usually 32-34 days. I am a hpt fiend though :) I hope you get your bfp and not af!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->