• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC After D&C/D&E Buddies

lala73, welcome honey! I'm sorry for your losses. Have you been checked to see if your hcg levels are dropping or taken a hpt? if you have been bding you could be pregnant again already! I know its scary, i am going to be a nervous wreck with my next pregnancy but it'll be worth it to have a healthy little bundle of joy!

jenna, my milk never came in, im very thankful for that. im sorry you have that as a reminder of your loss. My doc said we could start trying 2 weeks after surgery too. I wish you luck honey!! It hasnt been two weeks yet for me and i wanna make sure i dont get an infection so no bding for me yet. Almost though, my dh doesnt want to try but i doubt he'll buy condoms so i'm thinking if it happens it happens ;) i really should wait though. its a constant struggle in my head! i think im gonna start taking baby asprin just in case

Hi Everyone!

I had a D&C on July 26th at almost 9 weeks. It was horrifically, painfully excruciating. Was it painful for you guys too?

I am SOOOO frustrated with my AF, I can not even describe it. It's been 31 days since the D&C. Come on already!! I haven't had my AF AND I'm probably not pregnant since my progesterone was only 4.0 on Tuesday. Did I ovulate? Are my BBT’s “normal”? Am I going to EVER get my period? Sorry, I know I’m ranting…I apologize.

We started trying again right away at about 8 days after the D&C. There is no reason to wait at all if you have no infection. Doctors like you to wait so they can date a future pregnancy, but quite frankly, they tend to discount your dates anyway, telling you conception happened earlier or later than you tell them it did. They totally go by ultrasounds anyway, so why wait? Emotionally, I couldn't be more ready, but that's for each of us to decide individually.

Good luck and lots of dust ladies!!

Hi janetplanet and welcome! I was knocked out for my d&e, when i woke up they gave me a pain med of some sort in my iv so i wasnt in alot of pain at all. i had two early natural m/c this yr, it took 6 weeks both times for af to show up. I'm hoping it wont take as long this time since i had a d&e!! I really want a baby, i loved my little bean so much already when we lost it :( I'm sorry for your loss, i hope you get af very soon!

Thanks Aunie, that’s very kind of you. I am so sorry for your loss as well. You are SOOO lucky you were knocked out!

If I can ask a stupid question…what’s the difference between a D&C and a D&E?

Oops, I’m sorry if that came out wrong in my last message. I didn’t mean you were lucky, just that you were lucky to be knocked out. I hope you know what I mean. My fingers don’t always keep up with my brain.

Aunie: Aunie (28) DH (27) m/c 6 wks aug 2010, m/c 6 wks jan 2011, mmc+d&e aug 2011

Aunie, we were told 2 weeks but I couldnt wait had to feel close to my dh so we tried 9 days after, it was a little painful not bad but i started spotting the next morning and stopped later that night, very odd, i guess i just cant wait to start ttc again. I struggle with the thoughts of waiting til after my first af or trying now, its a tough situation to be in. I just dont wanna miss any opportunities for any eggies if I can help it!

I know what you mean, since i was 18 weeks along i had the choice of delivering my baby or having a d&e. I just couldnt see my little bean like that. A D&E is dilation and evacuation, they us a vaccum like device to suck out everything. A D&C is dilation and curettage, they use a special tool to scrape the uterus clean. I'm sorry yours hurt so bad i hope you never have to go through it again!

lala - welcome and I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs: Hopefully your body will get back to normal real soon. It's so frustrating waiting for :af: to show.

Aunie - gosh I wish I had your cycle. :thumbup: Mine is so unpredictable and I hate it and now after the mc I really don't know what to expect. Hopefully we both get back on track and quickly! :hugs:

Hiya JanetPlanet, I am pretty new here but I wanted to say that when I had my d&c I was knocked out and was not in any pain when I woke up. I didnt cramp until 2 days after then I cramped for 2 days , then nothing. Bled for 6-7 days and spotted for 1. I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope we never have to experience it again!

Jenna, i totally know what you mean! I dont want to waste time and eggs either. I wish my post op was sooner so i could know if there's anything wrong or not. Like if my thyroid is messed up, they'll probably want me to get it balanced before i ttc idk if you can take thyroid meds while you're pregnant.

Aunie, somehow I missed how far along you were. I am so so sorry for your loss.

How are you feeling? I see you’re “sad”, but are you okay?

bastetgrrl, i'm sorry your cycle is so mean to you! how many kids did you want to have? i hope the next bean sticks for you!!

janetplanet, im doing better each day. this forum has really helped me cope. There's alot of girls on here going through what im going through and they eventually get their happy ending. Thinking of trying again makes me happy but scared at the same time. I always thought once i got past 10 weeks i'd be safe boy was i wrong!

Aunie , I know what you mean about the post-op apt, mine feels so far away, but they did not say anything if any tests were being done or what they wanted to check at my appointment so I have no idea what to expect. I really wish I did though.

jenna, I hope they do blood work for you, if I were you I'd ask for it if they don't do it. My doc said that 50% of the time they don't find a reason, but if there is one I want to know so it doesnt happen again! I dont know what all she is going to do at my post-op aside from going over my bloodwork.

I am hoping they do bloodwork , but i dont know what to expect . I do have alot of questions for my ob and I hope he has answers for me. When I went to see him after my first trip to the ER, (2days before I lost my baby)he had no answers for me as to why my cervix had opened and why my membranes were bulging, he said its odd considering I have had a previous healthy pregnancy (10 yrs prior though). I guess I just want answers and to know that my levels are dropping I can ttc again.

Sorry didnt mean for that to be so long. :(

Long is ok :) If your cervix was opening, you might have an incompatent cervix, next time you get pregnant they might have to put a stitch in to keep it closed during your pregnancy then snip it when you give birth. I'm not a dr though that's just my guess!

bastetgrrl, i'm sorry your cycle is so mean to you! how many kids did you want to have? i hope the next bean sticks for you!!

I think we'd be happy with just one (I know the DH would be) I'll take whatever I can get meaning at least one. :thumbup: I try not to get upset thinking that I've waited too long but nothing I can do about it now. :sad1:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->