TTC After Depo Shot

I GOT MY ENGAGEMENT RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

Heres a picture of it... its much more sparkly in real life hehe

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn254/JaxVipe/MyRing.jpg

Looks like one of us has had a :bfp:

Congratulations Lovin it

Thank You so much its been a long emotional struggle. I'm blessed that it only took about 15 months, I had an amazing gynocoligist who took time to listen to my concerns and my thoughts about what I believed was happening...He agreed that I would be more in tune with my body than he would...so together we worked through it.....after a year of waiting until I could get in to see him...

I truely believe it can happen for all you ladies ttc after depo...thanks so much for your support, it means alot!!

:hugs:

Jax - It's stunning you must be so excited:happydance:

Lovin it - :bfp::dance: Yippeee!!!!! You give us all hope - If you don't mind could you give us all a brief outline of your journey, how long it took for your cycles to regulate and how long before conception. For those of us looking from some kind of sign from above to let us know that our bodies will ever get back to normal :growlmad:

Im so happy for you Lovin it. I really am! I know that seeing girls getting there :bfp: from this group is a little more special. xxxxx

Thank you ladies, it means the world.

My Journey...summed up in a nutshell...

First shot of Depo in May 2008...It wore off in August 08 and I was going to try not to have another shot because of how it made me feel...but AF began right away, heavy, and all the time...full month of Aug & Sept. I went back Sept 30, 2008 for another one to stop AF.

Dec 08 it wore off, began AF before 13 weeks was up....another AF three weeks later and then began AF every 9-14 days in Jan 09. I was bleeding for 5-9 days straight, and my cycles were only 9-14 days long....some months I only was AF free for 1-2 days. It was hard emotionally and physically. I was drained, tired, low iron, felt horrible. I had symptoms of pregnancy all the time, I also thought I was going through an early menopause...I'd wake up soaked in sweat. My moods were all over the place.
It continued through Feb 09, March, April, May.

THEN in JUNE I had a horrible month AF all month non-stop...light then heavy...back to light then full force again. I'd say this is the Month it REALLY cleared out of my system....It was like my body was flushing the old yuck out...

During that time if my honey and I bd and I reached orgasm, I would bleed even heavier...(lack of progesterone, & a build up of AF in my uterus)
After that month long cycle of AF in June...July eased up....and periods went to every 14days on the dot...August brought a 14 day cycle heavy bleeding during AF. My cycle was like clock work, but it was just too short...I wasn't Ovulating...

I went to my Gyno in August and told him about my problem. He perscribed me progesterone...(it was called Provera...but it wasn't depo provera) it legthened my cycles by 8 or 9 days..as long as I took it...I was on that for 3 months...then in Oct/Nov when I ran out of the progesterone, my cycles went back to 14 days....

I went back to my gyno and he perscribed clomid. I never had the chance to begin my first round, my periods disappeared and I got pregnant.

I never charted, I just bd often.

So ladies, I'm not sure if any of that info will help you, because I'm not sure why this month was the month..nothing really seemed different, It just happened when I least expected it!!

I kept a journal as well while I was on the journey, I believe it is my signature thingie on here...

I really hope all you wonderful ladies get your :bfp: really soon. After going through the torment of depo, You deserve to be happy. best wishes.

Sorry that you havent ovulated yet Unic21. Have you been getting any lines on the opks?

No Kayleigh the opks I am using (cheap internet ones so I can keep testing every day) only have the control line - not even any sign of the test line - I have tried a couple of other brands just to check and they had very faint test lines but nowhere near the darkness of the control line. :nope:

My Journey...summed up in a nutshell...

QUOTE]

Thanks so much lovin it - even though my experience seems almost opposite (no sign of AF except for the very lightest two days after taking bcps for two weeks) it's so good to know that it can happen when you least expect it! Have a fabulous 8 and a half months babe!!!! :hugs:

Sorry that you havent ovulated yet Unic21. Have you been getting any lines on the opks?

No Kayleigh the opks I am using (cheap internet ones so I can keep testing every day) only have the control line - not even any sign of the test line - I have tried a couple of other brands just to check and they had very faint test lines but nowhere near the darkness of the control line. :nope:

Thats really bizarre. I tried them for a month and it would vary. Id had dark to light light to dark all month which would suggest my body was trying to ovulate but could never get to that DARK AS THE CONTROL line. Im hoping now ive had one 35day cycle that ill be able to ovulate. I have cheap internet opks coming. Hope they arrive before Christmas.

All this is such a pain. How many months have you een using opks now?

Hi Kayleigh Lou - too right this is a pain!! With my ex I was really unhappy but we got pregnant so easily (the first was a complete accident and the second my first month off the pill) and now I'm with an amazing wonderful man who so deserves to be a father and we can't even start trying (though we practice often ;) )because my body is on pause because of that bloody depo :sad1:

I've been using opks every day for nearly two months now.

ok quick question does a neg opk with the test line and a faint line under mean my body is trying to do something or am i getting my hopes up considering my depo only ran out on the 11th ?

ok quick question does a neg opk with the test line and a faint line under mean my body is trying to do something or am i getting my hopes up considering my depo only ran out on the 11th ?

Hey Lesleyann, I am definitely no expert but the way I understand it is we should always have some level of lh in our system (what opks test for) but when it 'surges' the level goes way up which triggers ovulation the tests are supposed to identify the surge (with test line as dark as or darker than the control). I think if the colour is atleast changing (darker some days than others) that would mean your body is doing something??

I think you always have some ovulation hormone in your body so you may always get some faint lines.

I maybe wrong

well thanks anyway :thumbup: would not no about the colour its the first time i ever pee'd on one :haha: might wait and do another on thursday and see if theres any difference ... not got many though only 19 left now lol

I thought i would not get a test line and nothing else since that would be a Neg neg if you get that lol...

since we are NTNP as such oh dont no ive got the tests there more for my sanity than anything else to see if my body is fixing it self

Practising aint always a bad thing :haha:

Its more annoying because doctors put you on this knowing the problems then wont see you till you hit the yr mark. I think its stupid. I remember CLEARLY telling my doctor that i wanted a baby but wanted my body to rest after my miscarriage and he told me DEPO would be perfect.

So infact he lied to me. He knew that i would find it difficult to conceive after it! :cry:

I fell pg with no.1 with a month of sleeping with Hubby (okay i was a naughty little girl) Then fell pg within 3months of having first bubs. Then i came off the pill in Sept 08 and was pg by Dec 08. So i know i can get pg its just this depo reeking havoc.

Ive been to the doctors so many times and they always tell me, there's nothing we can do untill youve been trying for a yr. Well im sorry but this isnt good enough!!!!!!

i completely agree with you Kayleigh! Its so stupid and cruel that the doctors do this to us. We specifically told them i only want a couple months protection to get over the M/C but we want to get pg in 3-4 months. So they give us a the depo shot KNOWING that it will take ALOT longer to get pg after that AND THEN they tell us well, there is nothing we can do for you until after 1 WHOLE YEAR! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

I use the FRER ovulation tests because i have found that they seem to be the most reliable. Granted they are $20 for 7 tests but they gave me the 1st positive OPK ever and i used the cheapies and i would get a dark line but never as dark or darker than the control line.

UGH i should've ovulated today but idk if thats going to happen. I took an opk yesterday and it was not even close to being positive so i guess ill have to see what tonights looks like. I have loads of Lotiony CM (sry TMI) and i get conflicting stories on whether or not that it good CM. I have been taking 1000mg of EPO this cycle but it does not seem to have made a difference if anything it has delayed my O time. UGH! So frustrated! I just want my BFP!! lol

CONGRATS AGAIN Lovin_it!!!! you so deserve it!

:dust: to us!

Are you ladies doing anything fun for the holidays?

well i did another opk its addictive lol

todays was lighter than yesterdays.

Going to baytree tomorrow to see santa :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back