TTC After Depo stories...any luck..advice?

Congratulations TTC84!

Wow haven't seen this thread pop up in ages!! Afm, it's 2 years since my first ever shot, 15 months since AF returned.

I've actually given up on ttc, I can't see it happening for me so I don't want to stress myself further by obsessing.

babyjan are you off bc? Hopefully you can get a nice, unstressed surprise

I've never gone back on bc, depo was my first and hopefully last lol! I'm more ntnp but really not bothered iykwim?

Is it bad that I stopped taking vitamins?

How are you doing cutie?

I've never gone back on bc, depo was my first and hopefully last lol! I'm more ntnp but really not bothered iykwim?

Is it bad that I stopped taking vitamins?

How are you doing cutie?

gotcha! a lot probably won't agree but I don't necessarily think it's bad. lots of women get pregnant without them and just start taking them when they find out.

I'm doing well. I still get pretty worked up about TTC, but nowhere near where I used to be so it's not too stressful for me for the most part. Heading into another TWW and really hoping I get a BFP before the year ends

I think I'm heading into a tww judging by my cm lol

Yeah tbh I only started taking folic acid after my bfp with my son, I never knew your suppose to take it until my doctor prescribed it lol!

I see your now on progesterone, I really hope this fixes things for you and you get that super sticky bfp!

I think I'm heading into a tww judging by my cm lol

Yeah tbh I only started taking folic acid after my bfp with my son, I never knew your suppose to take it until my doctor prescribed it lol!

I see your now on progesterone, I really hope this fixes things for you and you get that super sticky bfp!

well definitely sending good luck to you. my coworker that has 2 kids was like why are you taking prenatals you don't need those until you get pregnant. uh it's a PREnatal lol

I have high hopes for the progesterone. Now I'm eager to get pregnant and see if it works

Thank you Babyjan:) I'm really very grateful that I haven't really had to wait to long after depo to get my bfp , I'm sorry your having such a hard time and I wish you all the luck in the world that it happens . X
Cutieq I really hope the progesterone works for you good luck Hun x

Hey ladies, this is my first time posting and I'm really desperate for advice. :)

I had been taking the Depo for about a year and I was supposed to get my last shot on November 4th. I decided to skip this round because I would like to start ttc. A few days before the 4th came pounding headaches and nausea that had me laying in bed all day. Since then, I have taken four pregnancy tests (urine) and all have come back negative. The headaches and nausea have died down but now I am getting sharp pains that seem to be coming from my uterus and ovaries, and just today I have noticed clear liquid coming from both nipples. Are these side affects from stopping the shot?

Daya, you will have several days ahead of feeling weird. Coming off depo can certainly give you pregnancy like symptoms. The depo is designed to hold for 3 months and my doctor told me while it was possible, it's very unlikely to happen before the depo wears out those first 3 months.

Happy to answer any other questions. Good luck!

Thanks cutie! It's very frustrating considering I have baby fever :)

Thanks cutie! It's very frustrating considering I have baby fever :)

Trust me I know! Depo is one of my biggest regrets but ladies have has success after getting off

Hi everyone,

I se to be in the same page as most. I was on depo a few years- last shot July 1 2014 (so wore off oct 1 2014) ... Still no af yet. Even tho for a few days every month I get cramping (an AF sign for me in the past). Before depo I a a very regular Af every month always same time frame and length. I started seeing a fertility dr because I'm freaking out about getting my period back n ovulating. Dying to have a baby here, as I see obvi everyone else is too. Worst feeling ever. I have gotten pregnant in the past so I know it's possible. The fertility dr had me in 5 days of estrogen pills (my level was only a 2), they said you need to be between a 50-400 to conceive. Then I had 7 days of provera pills to try to kick start something. They said it should return within 2 weeks..... 2 weeks went by n nothing.... I'm at the clinic now.... For more blood work..... To check my hormone levels again and see what's going on. Hopefully they prescribe stronger meds or for a longer time. I'm do frustrated. Took me 4 years to convince my husband how's the time... And it's not happening....being that we've been together 5 yrs n married 2 ppl keep asking when were going to have kids!!!? I wish ppl knew that's rude to ask. I wish I could be live well we've been trying... Just isn't happening yet. I was ready for kids years ago.... My husband wanted to be married first n buy a home. So now that's all done. Just so sick of crying almost every morning. Do tough to get though a day of work when this is all I think about!!!!! It's so mentally ruining.

Hi ladies, first of I want to say congratulations to all u ladies that got ur BFP :happydance: soo nice to hear success stories after the dreaded depo!
And to all you ladies still trying, don't give up hope :hugs:
I'll share my story
My last depo injection was due SEPT 1 14 which I didn't go for as we decided to start TTC #2
SEPT 5 - 5 day bleed
SEPT 15 - 2 day bleed

OCT 22 - 1 day bleed
OCT 30 - period pains
OCT 31 - bleeding 1 day

NOV 6 - 1 hour of spotting
NOV 7 - few hours of spotting
NOV 12 - very bad period pains
NOV 13 - very bad period pains
NOV 14 - started taking Agnus castus (vitex)
NOV 29 - started taking evening primrose oil

DEC 9 - very almost positive OPK (needed to be the slightest tiny but darker)
DEC 15 - bad period pains & lower back ache
DEC 16 - period pains

And that bring me to where I am now, still waiting for AF after stopping the depo! Nov and December I had period pains around the same time each month so I'm hoping thats a good sign? But I know it's still very early after stopping the depo so not to expect anything. Nov I had a lot of pregnancy symptoms, they drove me crazy! But thankfully they have subsided now. I'm just desperate to see AF, never thought I'd be saying that! I was on the depo for roughly a year.
Baby dust to you all trying :flower: xx

Hello new ladies!

I think it's great that you're getting pains around the sam time. Sounds like a great sign!

Thank you cutieq, hope u don't mind me joining the post, iv never posted on here before. it's only been for the last 2 months so I don't want to get my hopes up. My depo only 'ran out' on the 1st September so I think I have a long wait before I get af yet, just being hopeful and tracking any symptoms each month. Im glad the odd 1 day of bleeding here and there has finished that was driving me crazy!
Also does any one have any experience with vitex? Iv read lots of good reviews on that and evening primrose oil which is why I started taking them in the hope they bring on ov and af.
I was only off the birth control pill for 2-3 months before getting pregnant with my son, we wasn't really trying to concieve with tracking ovulation etc just came off the pill and waited. Iv learned so much after coming off the depo trying to conceive. The photo attached (if u can see it) was my very almost positive opk.

Iv read through all this post, so sorry you've had a hard time with it, how are u doing?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 4
Welcome! This is one of my favorite threads. I hate for any of us to have to be here because of dumb ol depo, but I'm happy anytime a new person joins. I haven't used vitex but I'm a fan of epo. I tracked my symptoms and cycles too and it kept me sane waiting on AF. Hopefully it's not too long for you. That opk looks nice and positive! I just got my BFP a few days ago and I'm praying this is it for me.

I'm so glad to find this active thread! I'm desperate for some one to talk to who's been through or going through the same after the depo.
I was on the depo about 2 years ago for 1 year then switched to the pill for a year then back onto depo for a year, but because I went onto the pill and wasn't trying to concieve I don't remember any of this.

Our son has special needs and we decided we couldn't cope with another child which is why I went onto the depo, but we now feel we can cope with another child (we have wanted another for a few years but this stoped us) and we feel it would benefit our son having a sibling.

Well, I couldn't decide if the opk was positive or almost positive? But with it being 2 and a half weeks later and still no AF plus the AF pains on the 15/16th I'm guessing it wasn't quiet dark enough to be positive? I'm just grateful my body is trying to do something I suppose.

That's fantastic news, congratulations hun. Hoping you have a sticky little bean, and a happy and healthy 9 months

If it's not positive, it's close to it!

I was on the depo for 10 years and never had a period whilst on it. I had my last injection in January 2012, so will have worn off in the March/April time. My periods came back around 8 weeks later and I became pregnant in my second cycle (but unfortunately ended in a miscarriage), I then became pregnant straight after the miscarriage and now have a healthy 16 month old.

I took prenatal vitamins, evening primrose oil and agnus castus

If it's not positive, it's close to it!

Thanks cutieq, maybe it will get that tiny bit darker next month and be a positive? I darnt get my hopes up though!

Wow iiTTCii, you got yours back pretty fast then. Sorry about your miscarriage. I'm taking prenatal vitamins, Agnus castus and evening primrose oil too so hopefully they help me out in the right direction

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->