TTC After Depo stories...any luck..advice?

I got my last shot in August 2012 so right at 9/10 months. Although it covers 3 months so I guess technically you could say 6/7.

Ah ok :) Iv read a lot of woman getting them back around 6-7 months of being off it

Not sure if it helped or not but I focused a lot on drinking water, eating healthy and working out. Anything that I felt would release toxins and get it out or my body.

I do need to up my water intake I don't drink enough, but I follow slimming world, iv lost 2 stone this year (pigged out over xmas) but will be back onto it and back at the gym when my sons back at school.

A girl has just told me she wouldn't mess with evening primrose oil at all if she was me as it can raid Estrogen levels so high it can delay ovulation? Really worried now :/

I've had it delay my o definitely so I pulled back my dosage, but I continued taking it and actually o'd earlier.

Finally got my bloods back and pregnancy is confirmed!

That's fantastic, congratulations again! Do u know how far u are?

I'm taking 1000mg epo is that too much?

Almost 5 weeks. They say to take 1000 three times a day but that was too much for me. I ended up two every other day. I would just try it and track your cycle to see how it effects you. Definitely helped my cervical mucous which is why I was taking it initially.

I'm only on 1000 once a day as the bottle says so hopefully will be ok, I'll track my cycle when I finally get it back :)

Hope you all have a lovely new year :) I'm babysitting my 3 month old neice over night so will help my broodyness haha

Hi ladies!! I was on Depo for about 5 years (!) and stopped in July of 2011. I switched over to Seasonique for around six months, then when we decided to TTC it took 15 months to get pregnant with our DD. However, I will say that we didn't start truly trying for several months. We have recently decided to start trying for our second and I'm hoping that it will happen much quicker this time without the Depo messing with my body! It was great not having AF for that long, but it really did a number on my body!
That being said, it did happen for me, and although it took time, my body did eventually get back to normal! For those of you who are worried about conceiving naturally, it can happen!!
Good luck to you all!

Hi ladies, can I join this thread? I don't fit in anywhere else it seems.

I wasn't on Depo, I was on a regular pill for 10 years, but I stopped having withdrawal bleeding after a while. It's rare but not unheard of, and my doctor didn't seem worried.

So I've been off the pill for 4+ months, without withdrawal bleed for around 1 year before that.

I have absolutely 0 signs of withdrawal from the pill, and I don't feel like a period is comming any time soon. I've been tracking BBT, peeing on sticks, taking supplements... I'm just very depressed, all of my "stopping the pill" buddies are actually pregnant now, and I'm still waiting for AF...

Hi Danna and kburt. Always room for more. Danna do you seem to o regularly?

Thanks for the positive words kburt. Not enough of those going around.

No O, no periods, no spotting, nothing at all :(

Aww kburt glad it happened for you, I'm dreading it taking longer than a year :( good luck trying for your second, hope it doesn't take long.

Hi Danad welcome to the thread, did the doctor do tests to see why you wasn't getting the withdrawal bleed? Maybe Agnus castus could help you to regulate your hormones? I'm currently taking them after coming off the depo, I havnt had AF yet but it says it takes 3 months the get fully into your system

I had a crazy dream last night that I had a positive OPK, I was so excited jumping around the room haha, I woke up with sharp pains but they have gone too now, think the dream is just that I desperatly want to ovulate and start TTC properly.
My family was saying yesterday that our son really needs a sibling (they know Iv come off the depo to try to concieve) all I could say was im trying not much else I can do.. Praying I get something/anything this month!

Hi all,

Congrats Cutieq - gives us all a bit of hope!

Danna - I also have had no bleed. I did go on the pill for a month after the depo but still no withdrawal bleed.

Do any of you ladies track your temperature for ovulation? I had never done this before and started on Tuesday and my temperatures were 36.5, 36.1 and then 36.6 which as you can imagine is all over the place. They say to look for a dip of .5 which I clearly have already in the first readings but I know im not ovulating because there are no other signs. It would be great if I was as surely I would then get a period. I will just have to see what the month brings.

I bled on the depo but once I stopped having the injections there was no bleed! It is so confusing and frustrating.

Positive thinking ladies - onwards and upwards!

I had a crazy dream last night that I had a positive OPK, I was so excited jumping around the room haha, I woke up with sharp pains but they have gone too now, think the dream is just that I desperatly want to ovulate and start TTC properly.
My family was saying yesterday that our son really needs a sibling (they know Iv come off the depo to try to concieve) all I could say was im trying not much else I can do.. Praying I get something/anything this month!

There isnt anything else you can do hun and im sure it will happen just keep thinking positive! You are in a similar boat to me. Although I am desperate for a baby and ovulation I want my periods to return first. My worry is, after reading up on different forums, it seems chemical pregnancies/miscarriages are common. I am not 100% sure why but I think its because the uterus is not thick enough to hold the egg but I'm no doctor :)

Hello ladies :) I've posted in the thread before I think as its in my subscribed threads. I think it was ages ago though and things have happened since then! If anyone could give their opinion/advice it would be much appreciated. I will try not to babble on too much and get straight to the point. I had one depo injection this year, I had it the beginning of April so would have ran out in July. Me and my OH decided to try for a baby so I didn't go back for a new one. I had a sort of bleed at the end of July/beg of August and it lasted a few days. Didn't seem like my normal menstrual though. I then didn't have another bleed until 2nd October which seemed more normal and I had some menstual cramps. That cycle lasted 46 days so ended up with my next cycle on 17th November. 25 days later I had another bleed with really painful cramps and lasted normal menstrual cycle for me, that was on the 12 Dec. On the 12th Dec I started taking pregnacare and 2000mg a day evening primrose oil. I stopped taking EPO on cycle day 12 as I heard you had to stop taking them before ovulation. I am now on cycle 21 and unsure of when my next AF will show, if I don't get pregnant. I don't use OPKS or temp, I just BD every other day without fail! I thought I had EWCM the other day but who knows. I did have a 46 day cycle, then it jumped right down to a 25 day cycle now I am just waiting for whats going to happen now. Maybe I was regulating? Planning on testing soon. Im gonna wait it past 25 days. I just hope I get my rainbow baby.

Well done to those who got their BFP after depo and baby dust to those who are still TTC. IT WILL HAPPEN :)

Gonna catch up in a bit. I'm on my phone right now. Wannabump, can you link to your chart? It's easier to interpret visually. I'm happy to take a look.

Hi ladies!! Been a while! Just thought I would pop back and check in on you all! How is everyone? I'm glad to see this thread alive and well it's good to have support. :hugs:

My little update: I'm now 25 weeks pregnant! We're having a little boy so it's been an exciting time for us!

THERE IS LIFE AFTER DEPO!!!! :thumbup:

I hope everyone gets their bfps this year, New year, new start yeah?!
Babydust to all!!:happydance:

Awesome news, punk! Another depo victory!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->