TTC After Depo stories...any luck..advice?

Im sorry to hear that. So what happens now do u need to go to the dr or do u kp trying? I wish u the best of luck xxxx

I was right at 4 weeks. I started to spot on the day AF was due, so I don't need to go to a doctor or anything. It will pass naturally like AF.

I have an appointment on June 3rd for my "we've been trying for 1 year post depo" check-up, so I'm sure I will get examined then.

My doctor told me that as long as it passes naturally, I O & I'm mentally ok to start TTC again, then it's a-ok.

O ok i c. Im srry to bring tht up. I just wasn't sure what happens afterwards. I wish u can get in sooner than that. I hope all goes well cutieq. My fingers are crossed n praying for u. :) u were on my mind this morning

O ok i c. Im srry to bring tht up. I just wasn't sure what happens afterwards. I wish u can get in sooner than that. I hope all goes well cutieq. My fingers are crossed n praying for u. :) u were on my mind this morning

No worries. All a part of this beautiful circle of life :hugs: I don't want to wish my little one here until it's ready. I'm hoping the doctor can offer some support and doesn't just say "be patient".

I'm grateful for having a regular cycle and the ability to conceive. I'm just hoping that Depo isn't causing these chemicals. They seem to be pretty common though. Thank you for thinking of me. Best wishes to you!!!

I had one depo shot only bled the whole time on and off had a chemical last month but was bleeding for nearly 20 days heavy straight. I went to docs who prescribed me tranexamic for 4 days stopped bleeding for a couple of days and bleeding again now!!!! grrrrr sick of it! I got some highs on my cbfm but then ran out of sticks so was using opks got my strongest one friday but not sure if positive my temps are all over the place as I dont sleep well sometimes. Loads of ovulation like pains saturday today opk light and the ovulation clearblue predictor showed low today who knows whats going on xxx

cutieq sorry to hear about the chemical, hopefully the dr has some help to offer. I am just waiting for my first AF after stopping depo. I don't think I've ever wanted my AF to visit so bad ;) I'm seriously impatient haha. It doesn't help the frustration that my DP is currently on the other side of the country and won't be here until after fathers day. I'm keeping up hope that AF gets here a few weeks before him. A girl can dream ;) lol

I completely know that feeling. I remember crying, literally, when I saw my first sign of AF. Good luck! Keep us posted!

I had one depo shot only bled the whole time on and off had a chemical last month but was bleeding for nearly 20 days heavy straight. I went to docs who prescribed me tranexamic for 4 days stopped bleeding for a couple of days and bleeding again now!!!! grrrrr sick of it! I got some highs on my cbfm but then ran out of sticks so was using opks got my strongest one friday but not sure if positive my temps are all over the place as I dont sleep well sometimes. Loads of ovulation like pains saturday today opk light and the ovulation clearblue predictor showed low today who knows whats going on xxx

any updates wanting? hoping you were able to BD just in case!

Sorry for your loss cutieq , I had my first af post depo 22nd April -27th, we started bd every other day and then everyday from the 2nd may- 6th , had a few o signs around 6th but opk never got def pos just almost so gave them up , kept bd every other day just incase .
On the 14th may I had 2 pink watery spots when I wiped then nothing just pinchy twinges all day . I am now on cd 40 with no sign af but negative tests ??

Hi ladies just checking in. I'm in another TWW. Any updates?

Hey cutieq

i've been off depo since october and for the last 3 cycles i have been completely regular - 26 day cycles! I believe soy isoflavones are what regulated me. I am temping, it looks like i'm ovulating, but i never got a positive opk. I am more inclined to trust the temps though..

How are things going with you? I've been trying to make my lining thicker as i read that depo stops your lining getting nice and squishy for implantation. so i've been drinking lots of raspberry leaf tea and pom juice x

Opks are funny. You may have just missed your peak but still ovulated. I'm doing well. AF is due Thursday. Hoping she's a no show and I can get a healthy 9 months of pregnancy. My doc did bloodwork and an ultrasound and said everything looks great so I guess it's just a matter of time now!

Hi ladies just wanted to post a success story after coming off depo. I had been on it for about 7 years as it suited me not to have periods. I came off it in Nov 2011 and started taking Microgynon until April 2012 which made me bleed every month (I know it is not a period but I felt it helped to bleed every month for me after so long not bleeding at all). I stopped the pill halfway through the pack on in April 2012 had a period 6 weeks later and was pregnant with my little boy by the end of August :). I honestly thought it would take a while but I am sure taking the pill helped even though it was still hormonal contraception. Baby dust to you all :)

Wonderful story. Thanks for sharing!! I think we all feel so doomed post depo

Hello ladies,

I've had one shot of depo this year at beginning April, which means it's running out now. I'm not having another one as I'm ttc. After reading some posts on this thread, I'm a bit worried that its gonna take ages even though I have had one. Any success stories from someone that's had one shot? Many thanks :)

I only had the one shot, it ran out November last year, and I got my af back in April, no success yet, but we haven't been really "trying" although this month we're going for it!! :thumbup:
Do remember it takes a fertile healthy couple up to a year on average to get pregnant without having had contraception getting in the way, so I wouldn't stress! :flower:

Hiiii ladies. Any updates out there? AF is here. Hoping for a BFP this cycle.

I was doing some research on Depo and found a couple things I wanted to share.

I never really knew what Depo did other than prevent pregnancy, but here's how:

• Temporarily prevents ovulation (an egg from being released from the ovaries every month).
  • Temporarily thins the lining of the womb (uterus) to prevent a fertilised egg from attaching to it.
  • Thickens the discharge (juices) from the cervix to help prevent sperm from going into the womb (uterus).

With all that happening, it makes perfect sense why women struggle to get pregnant afterwards. I wish I had been educated on this before :dohh:

In any event, I found a blog on ways to naturally strengthen the lining and help with ovulation and wanted to share - Life Abundant Blog

Let me explain my situation again ....

I had ONE shot in November 2012
Periods finally returned August 2013
They began to regulate into my normal 28-30 day cycle in December last year!

So here I am, next month is a year since AF returned and November will be 2 years since the shot and no sign of a pregnancy so far..

Things are becoming really hard especially my relationship with OH who blames me everyday for 'ruining' our chances of ever having another baby. He was against me ever going on BC and I wish I listened to him when he expressed his concerns, I mean I can only blame the depo because I already have a son who I conceived on 1st or 2nd cycle with no problems.

I did get an unexpected bfp in April this year but I was already on a 'period' when I got the bfp so was experiencing miscarriage.

Babyjan, August is my 2 year mark of my last shot, so I'm right there with you. The way I see it is that we can't have much longer to wait! :hugs:

Try not to view it as you ruining your chances - you did what you thought was best at the time. Truthfully, I doubt that any of us were fully informed how difficult it would be to conceive.

Have you had a doctor's visit to check your hormone levels?

I fell pregnant twice this year - Feb & May, but they both ended in a chemical but I know my body is trying.

Hey cutie, how are you doing?

I had a dr apt the other day for something else and then I mentioned that I sometimes still do get aches on where they found the cyst so she suggested a follow up scan to check if it hasn't grown and if its still there. Whilst I was there I mentioned how long I've been trying to conceive so she said let's have a look at the scan first and we will go from there x

I'm doing great. Very hopeful for this cycle! I went at the end of June and they did hormone tests, bloodwork and check my ovaries and uterine lining. They said everything was a-ok and if I don't conceive by December to come back.

Hopefully you'll get some answers from your scan!! Keep me posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->