TTC After Depo stories...any luck..advice?

Congrats punk mum - can you remember when you received your periods after your last shot and what you took if anything? Also how long did it take you to conceive? Its brilliant to see two success stories just wish I wasn't as impatient!

Cutieq - unfortunately I have no idea how to link the chart and I don't think I have done it right because it says start it from day one of your cycle, which obviously I can't do as i'm not having periods - basically it looks like a long V. As I am not having periods is there any point in me keeping track of my temp until periods return?!?!?!

I had a crazy dream last night that I had a positive OPK, I was so excited jumping around the room haha, I woke up with sharp pains but they have gone too now, think the dream is just that I desperatly want to ovulate and start TTC properly.
My family was saying yesterday that our son really needs a sibling (they know Iv come off the depo to try to concieve) all I could say was im trying not much else I can do.. Praying I get something/anything this month!

There isnt anything else you can do hun and im sure it will happen just keep thinking positive! You are in a similar boat to me. Although I am desperate for a baby and ovulation I want my periods to return first. My worry is, after reading up on different forums, it seems chemical pregnancies/miscarriages are common. I am not 100% sure why but I think its because the uterus is not thick enough to hold the egg but I'm no doctor :)

I'm trying to stay positive hun, it's hard isn't it? I just want AF back (all is forgiven AF.. Come back please)
I also heard a lot about misscariage and chemical pregnancy, I think it's because the depo thins the uterus lining, and it needs to be thicker to support an egg. I didn't want to fall pregnant straight away because of that, I just want AF back then we can start trying to concieve properly and hope for the best, I'm sooo broody. Baby dust hun.

Lilegg, wishing u luck hun, glad u have a cycle back even though it is irregular, I think your body maybe trying to get regular, but if take it as a good sign that you have AF back. I had a 5 day bleed a week after I stopped the depo which I thought was AF, I think it was just a withdrawal bleed for me tho as I havnt had another since and that was in September.

Punk- congratulations, how exciting :) how long was you off the depo before u got AF back and conceived if u don't mind me asking?

Lilegg, wishing u luck hun, glad u have a cycle back even though it is irregular, I think your body maybe trying to get regular, but if take it as a good sign that you have AF back. I had a 5 day bleed a week after I stopped the depo which I thought was AF, I think it was just a withdrawal bleed for me tho as I havnt had another since and that was in September.

Trying91,

I hope you get your AF back soon! I really wish I didn't get the injection so bad. The doctors didn't even tell me that it could take a while for my cycle to return back to normal. I only had the one shot and all! Am patiently waiting for my next AF. As the last cycle was 25 days long, I am HOPING that's going to be the length of this cycle. I should be on CD 21/22 now. I had sore nipples about a week ago for two days and now they have returned! I don't know when or if I O'd this cycle but I started taking evening primrose oil. Have you thought about trying that? Or Agnus Castus? Apparently they are really good to help regulate your cycles. If you're in the UK go into Holland and Barrett and they will be able to recommend what you should take if you tell them your situation. Fingers crossed for everyone who wants their rainbow baby!! Am going to test this Wednesday coming up if AF doesn't show her ugly face!! :babydust: 😊

Thanks for the welcome ladies!
I'm already taking Agnus Castus, have been since mid october with no changes

I do take my BBT, I took a couple week break but other than that I've been tracking since the very beginning, it's all over the place, you can probably see it if you click on my sticker :'/

Trying91,

I hope you get your AF back soon! I really wish I didn't get the injection so bad. The doctors didn't even tell me that it could take a while for my cycle to return back to normal. I only had the one shot and all! Am patiently waiting for my next AF. As the last cycle was 25 days long, I am HOPING that's going to be the length of this cycle. I should be on CD 21/22 now. I had sore nipples about a week ago for two days and now they have returned! I don't know when or if I O'd this cycle but I started taking evening primrose oil. Have you thought about trying that? Or Agnus Castus? Apparently they are really good to help regulate your cycles. If you're in the UK go into Holland and Barrett and they will be able to recommend what you should take if you tell them your situation. Fingers crossed for everyone who wants their rainbow baby!! Am going to test this Wednesday coming up if AF doesn't show her ugly face!! :babydust: 😊

Thanks Hun, praying it comes back soon. I wish I never went onto the depo now too. I was told by the nurse it can take a few months for my fertility to return to normal. I take a few months at 2-3 :/ but it's done now, we can't change it can we.
I'm from the uk hun, I'm already taking Agnus castus started that on the 14th November and started taking EPO on the 29th November, I ordered both off amazon, and been taking seven seas pre natal vitamins since I missed the injection.

I took a clear blue dual indicator ovulation test this morning, where it has a blank face for low fertility, a flashing face for high fertility then a solid face for peak fertility. I got yet another blank face :/

How are u all doing?
Did you all have a nice new year?

Oh & good luck for Wednesday :)

Danad I dont understand temping sorry Hun, otherwise I would of had a look. What mg of Agnus castus are u taking?

Trying91,

Thanks Hun, praying it comes back soon. I wish I never went onto the depo now too. I was told by the nurse it can take a few months for my fertility to return to normal. I take a few months at 2-3 :/ but it's done now, we can't change it can we.
I'm from the uk hun, I'm already taking Agnus castus started that on the 14th November and started taking EPO on the 29th November, I ordered both off amazon, and been taking seven seas pre natal vitamins since I missed the injection.

I took a clear blue dual indicator ovulation test this morning, where it has a blank face for low fertility, a flashing face for high fertility then a solid face for peak fertility. I got yet another blank face :/

How are u all doing?
Did you all have a nice new year?

Are you getting any menstrual pains at all? If so, could be starting up again but just taking a little longer for you! And as you're taking EPO and Agnus Castus now that should hopefully help! I don't take Agnus Castus as they didn't have it in stock but as well as taking EPO, I take pregnacare TTC. All I know is that when I do get pregnant and he/she is born, going back on depo will be a definite no!

After a few months and if you don't get AF back I'd go back and see your GP and tell him what the nurse told you and your concerns. I took OPKs a few weeks ago jus to see for a few days. I had lines there, not the same as control lines though. And then I did one ages after and there wasn't a line at all? I'm not sure if I am O'ing or not, jus taking each day as it comes! My new year was good, jus cuddled up in bed with my OH and got a midnight kiss 😍 he he. What did you do New Years? And to anyone else reading my post? ☺

I didn't start really tracking anything other than my symptoms until I got AF but I would document major things like headaches flutters cramps etc. my doctors only suggestion for AF was to get on the pill. Uh no so I went with the epo, tons of water and exercise.

Are you getting any menstrual pains at all? If so, could be starting up again but just taking a little longer for you! And as you're taking EPO and Agnus Castus now that should hopefully help! I don't take Agnus Castus as they didn't have it in stock but as well as taking EPO, I take pregnacare TTC. All I know is that when I do get pregnant and he/she is born, going back on depo will be a definite no!

After a few months and if you don't get AF back I'd go back and see your GP and tell him what the nurse told you and your concerns. I took OPKs a few weeks ago jus to see for a few days. I had lines there, not the same as control lines though. And then I did one ages after and there wasn't a line at all? I'm not sure if I am O'ing or not, jus taking each day as it comes! My new year was good, jus cuddled up in bed with my OH and got a midnight kiss 😍 he he. What did you do New Years? And to anyone else reading my post? ☺[/QUOTE]

Yes I had pains around the same time in November and December but not AF, this is my notes:

Sept 1 depo due - missed
Sept 7 bleeding 5 days
Sept 15 bleeding 2 days

Oct 22 bleeding 1 day
Oct 30 bad period aches
Oct 31 bleeding 1 day

Nov 6 bleeding tiny bit for 1 hour
Nov 7 bleeding fair bit for few hours
Nov 12 very bad period pains
Nov 13 very bad period pains
Nov 14 started taking Agnus Castus
Nov 29 started taking evening primrose oil

Dec 9 nearly positive positive opk
Dec 15 period pains/ache&back ache
Dec 16 period pains

I'll add the pic of my very nearly positive OPK, I know it wasn't positive though as Iv had no AF since just pains but I think my body tried to ov but couldn't yet?

I'll deffo never go on the depo again, even thought I don't plan anymore after this one. It's not worth it.
Aww glad you had a nice New Years eve :) my husband was working late, I was babysitting my 3 month old neice over night so just had a quiet night with my son and neice, New Years day my husband had off work so all our family met up at my mums for a buffet and little drink :) which was nice :thumbup:

Here is my nearly positive OPK, the darkest line Iv ever got, it faded away to nearly no like after that and I think today it maybe starting to get a faint line again so hopefully my body will try again :-k

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 3
Iv been getting a few sharp pains today, not like period pains just a sharp pain every now and again down there, and had what looked like EWCM but I'm clearly not going to ovulate yet as my opk's are no where near positive so I think my body's still out of whack

Well my opk's are starting to get slightly darker again, the bottom test is yesterday's & the top today's. I'll start testing 3 times a day again now and hopefully get a positive this month! Fingers crossed!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 3
Praying to get a full positive this month! Fingers and toes crossed!
How are you doing cutieq?

I'm doing pretty good. Minimal symptoms and just holding onto hope.

That's good to hear :) fingers crossed for you hun

Iv been getting a few sharp pains today, not like period pains just a sharp pain every now and again down there, and had what looked like EWCM but I'm clearly not going to ovulate yet as my opk's are no where near positive so I think my body's still out of whack

In the last hour I have felt slight AF pains. I also have a nice spot appear. My last cycle was 25 days long last time and I am CD21/22. Apart from being tired, moody, having sore breasts and feeling nauseous every now and then I don't really have any other symptoms. I've been having dreams but I don't remember them now. They were vivid, like it was real life at the time. Its happened for the last 3 days. Might just be me as I do have a feeling I may be out 😩 I did an OPK today and it was nowhere near positive. Apparently HCG and LH are so similar that an ov test can detect pregnancy. Doesn't look as though I am. Who knows.

Iv read that too hun about the OPK showing positive, but it's not always the case so try to stay positive :) it could just be too early to test still. My face always breaks out in spots when I'm due on, it even did while I was on the depo even though I had no AF I still got the spots lol

I've only seen opks pick up pregnancy very late like 18 or 19 dpo at the very earliest

How are you doing lilegg?
I didn't test this morning with the clear blue (it's so expensive i want to wait till I get darker lines on the Internet cheapies first, you only get 10 of the clear blue in a box)
Going to test later with the strips after dinner

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->