TTC After Depo stories...any luck..advice?

Hi all,

I hope you don't mind my really tentatively popping my foot in, I am very very new to TTC (well NTNP) and I had my last Depo injection in late November 2015, so it was due again end of Feb, which I haven't had, and I spoke through this with my Dr 2 weeks beforehand.
I have been on it for the best part of 5 years (June 2011) and had no periods at all throughout, my periods before were always irregular and when they did come they were very very heavy and painful.
I am experiencing really heavy and sore boobs and also pains in my lower stomach/pelvis, I have spoken to a Dr, who has told me that this is depo withdrawal and I need to just ride it out, which can take a few months, its been about 4 days and I am struggling, the stomach pains take my breath away, and every time my OH comes near me I want to flinch and push him away as I feel like every bit of me hurts. I am trying not to take any medication apart from my anti-depressants which we have also reduced, and hope to wean off completely over the next year.
I know that my periods are going to take a long time to come back, and the Dr has promised to have me in every 3 months to see how I am getting on. If they haven't shown up in 12-18months they have said they can give me something to stimulate ovulation, which hopefully it won't come to. My Dr's file is a mess with lady issues and I don't know what a normal cycle is as I don't think I have ever had one.
Basically my question is, does anyone have any experience coming off of the depo that I can chat to?
xx

Welcome geebug!
Unfortunatly depo withdrawal is horrible but your dr is right it should subside in a few months, my body never ached like you're describing but I did have really bad period pains without a period. Just on off bleeding. Your dr sounds amazing by the way! Very supportive!
I was also on antidepressants a few years ago and weaned myself of them, Iv been off them for 2-3 years now and all is going good :) good luck with that too.
We all have experience coming off the depo Hun and all here to talk.
I was on it for roughly 2 years. It took 5-6 months for my periods to return, 8-9 months for ovulation to start again and I got pregnant 15 months off the depo. I used Agnus castus to bring my periods back and took b complex vitamins the month I got my BFP to try boost my progesterone (I was refered to fertility clinic due to low progesterone) xx

Oh my god...I actually have an appointment with the doctor this evening for the pill as I had given up hope. I've booked and paid for a holiday in January 2017...I'm I'm shock x

Attachments

• DSC_0152.jpg
    DSC_0152.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 9
Omggggg congrats wanna!! Wow! Two bfps back to back days! Man, are are just awesome! We are going to have November babies <3 <3

Im still in shock I think. It's so strange as I'm not even due on until Sunday so it's an early surprise. I have longer periods, 31 days, so due date is so far 20 November. What about you x

Today and yesterday All day, I've been having cramping off and on and it's not the worst but they definitely are there. Pain on a scale of 1-10 I'd say about a 5 or 6, is this normal? I read it's just implantation cramping but just to be safe. I am going to go to the doctors tomorrow but to ease my mind for now :p

Mine is November 12th :D awwww I am too! I just can't believe it's really here!

I've not had any cramping but this isn't my first. I remember having that with my first. It might be your uterus etc expanding x

I knew it! Congrats wunna!

Nicole, cramping can be normal. I had AF like cramps very early on.

Congrats to you both!

Welcome geebug!
Unfortunatly depo withdrawal is horrible but your dr is right it should subside in a few months, my body never ached like you're describing but I did have really bad period pains without a period. Just on off bleeding. Your dr sounds amazing by the way! Very supportive!
I was also on antidepressants a few years ago and weaned myself of them, Iv been off them for 2-3 years now and all is going good :) good luck with that too.
We all have experience coming off the depo Hun and all here to talk.
I was on it for roughly 2 years. It took 5-6 months for my periods to return, 8-9 months for ovulation to start again and I got pregnant 15 months off the depo. I used Agnus castus to bring my periods back and took b complex vitamins the month I got my BFP to try boost my progesterone (I was refered to fertility clinic due to low progesterone) xx

Thank you for responding.
My GP is really helpful which is great, she knows how worried I am about TTC and fertility and I am so lucky she totally gets it.
I am going to give in 6 months and if nothing then I may try that Agnus Castus.

Look forward to joining you all xxx

Omg wow congrats wonna!!!! How amazing!!

Nicole I had really bad cramping up until 9-10 weeks inthis pregnancy and it's my second (didn't have it with my first) I just made sure I rested when I had them and they was worse if I had been on my feet all day. I think it was all just stretching etc, speak to doctor if you're worried though xx

Sounds like a good plan geebug! Fingers crossed your period returns before then xx

Nicole & Wanna I am so excited for both of your BFP. Now you can join Trying in the process too. LOL. I wish you both a good pregnancy. Congrats with your babies.

Hi all,

I hope you don't mind my really tentatively popping my foot in, I am very very new to TTC (well NTNP) and I had my last Depo injection in late November 2015, so it was due again end of Feb, which I haven't had, and I spoke through this with my Dr 2 weeks beforehand.
I have been on it for the best part of 5 years (June 2011) and had no periods at all throughout, my periods before were always irregular and when they did come they were very very heavy and painful.
I am experiencing really heavy and sore boobs and also pains in my lower stomach/pelvis, I have spoken to a Dr, who has told me that this is depo withdrawal and I need to just ride it out, which can take a few months, its been about 4 days and I am struggling, the stomach pains take my breath away, and every time my OH comes near me I want to flinch and push him away as I feel like every bit of me hurts. I am trying not to take any medication apart from my anti-depressants which we have also reduced, and hope to wean off completely over the next year.
I know that my periods are going to take a long time to come back, and the Dr has promised to have me in every 3 months to see how I am getting on. If they haven't shown up in 12-18months they have said they can give me something to stimulate ovulation, which hopefully it won't come to. My Dr's file is a mess with lady issues and I don't know what a normal cycle is as I don't think I have ever had one.
Basically my question is, does anyone have any experience coming off of the depo that I can chat to?
xx
Hey girl, I just seen your post! We are all post depo girls and all here to all you out with this journey. Some of us take awhile, some of us fall quickly. I am truly one of the lucky ones to have fallen pregnant in only 5 months. I feel blessed! I can't say my withdrawal from the poisonous shot was all that bad, but I've heard many women describe the same as you. If you need anything, we are all here for you!

Will this be your first child? Have the symptoms let up at all yet?

I went to my doctors yesterday and apparently my LO was conceived on or around the day of love <3 heheh my EDD is November 6th!
I couldn't see much but they gave me an ultrasound anyways!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi all,

xx
Hey girl, I just seen your post! We are all post depo girls and all here to all you out with this journey. Some of us take awhile, some of us fall quickly. I am truly one of the lucky ones to have fallen pregnant in only 5 months. I feel blessed! I can't say my withdrawal from the poisonous shot was all that bad, but I've heard many women describe the same as you. If you need anything, we are all here for you!

Will this be your first child? Have the symptoms let up at all yet?

Hello,
Thank you so much for your reply, stomach pains have eased but my boobs are so painful - to sleep I have to wear a padded bra - to touch they feel so swollen :nope:

Yes, this will be my first - I have had a lot of problems in the past as I mentioned with cysts and bad periods so I am trying to be relaxed and when it happens it happens xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->