• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC After Depo stories...any luck..advice?

Congrats on getting AF back! I agree getting periods back after depo is amazing!

Hopefully you will be ovulating now and get your BFP soon!

Hi all so glad I found this thread , I had depo for past 3 years last one being sept 2013 as we want another baby , so wore off dec 2013 , I have had no signs of anything up until the 19th march 2014 when I had what I thought was ov pain ( I always had ov pain prior to depo) so we decided to start practicing just on the off chance I was ov , so we bd every other day . About 6 days later I had a few little cramps like af was coming but nothing . Then about a week after that I have started experiencing these crazy symptoms
Feeling nauseous on and off
Increased cm
Veiny tender boobs
Constant Af like cramping
Frequent urination
Hotter than usual
I did take a hpt a few days ago but was neg
So frustrating that depo can do all this
I have had no problems previously coming off depo af has returned regular without all this .

Mjb I'm doing pretty good! Waiting to ovulate this week and hopefully get a BFP this month or next. May is 1 year that AF returned, so I would love a BFP very soon! I feel like my depo is gone and I'm over the hurdle. Getting off was rough and it took AF 7 months to return but I've been on a regular,consistent cycle since last May. To be a mother this Mother's Day would be a dream come true! (Or at least let hubby be a father by June lol)

Glad that you are regular and I hope that depo is all out of your system! A regular cycle is a great sign. I hope we are all able to get our BFPs this year. It would be a great!

Hello ladies!
It's been a while since I've posted as there hasn't been much to report, but, today I got my period!!! First one! Yay, and oh wow I forgot about the cramps! I've also lost the weight I wanted to lose, which is awesome :thumbup:

I feel like I'm finally saying goodbye to that stinking depo! I'm really happy, these cramps are hard-core though, jeez!
I hope you're all well! :hugs:

Glad that AF showed up! Yeah the cramps were killer the first month for me but have leveled out and I seem to be back to my pre-depo type periods. Great job on the weight loss! I'll take your story as some motivation... I have some extra pounds to lose myself. DH has been really supportive and we have even started running! I'm happy for you! You have to celebrate the little things!! Stay positive and lots of baby dust to you!

Hi all so glad I found this thread , I had depo for past 3 years last one being sept 2013 as we want another baby , so wore off dec 2013 , I have had no signs of anything up until the 19th march 2014 when I had what I thought was ov pain ( I always had ov pain prior to depo) so we decided to start practicing just on the off chance I was ov , so we bd every other day . About 6 days later I had a few little cramps like af was coming but nothing . Then about a week after that I have started experiencing these crazy symptoms
Feeling nauseous on and off
Increased cm
Veiny tender boobs
Constant Af like cramping
Frequent urination
Hotter than usual
I did take a hpt a few days ago but was neg
So frustrating that depo can do all this
I have had no problems previously coming off depo af has returned regular without all this .
Welcome! Yes I remember the first month of depo I swore I was pregnant and took a countless number of tests... all BFN! Hang in there... it will eventually end! It took my AF 9 months to come back. FX its faster for you!

As for me.... I finally went to see a doctor! Its a new doctor but she was surprisingly great. I explained that depo has been expired for a whole year now and DH and I have been actively trying. So she decided to start off with a physical to start off new. After talking for a bit she is concerned I have PCOS. So I have a blood test Friday and an ultrasound next week. Depending on the test results she is going to prescribe metformin to help me ovulate. So I'm just playing the waiting game until I can get the results of my blood test and ultrasound. I'm just happy that she is willing to help. She did suggest that I lose some weight so DH and I have been trying to get more active and watch what we eat. We will see what happens!

BABY DUST TO ALL OF YOU!!!

mjb glad you're getting some traction with the doctor. I love when they are willing to hear you out and try!

TTC 84, hang in there. Those symptoms can be tricky, but fade away. I promise.

As for me, I didn't test for O this cycle. Needed a testing break. Felt like I O'd, had some serious backpain and more CM. We DTD more than enough to catch it. AF is due on the 21st so only time will tell!

Thanks for replying ladies I'm going crazy symptoms still happening , boobs getting worse , did you all get this around 4 months after last depo shot wore off? Or straight away ?

Thanks for replying ladies I'm going crazy symptoms still happening , boobs getting worse , did you all get this around 4 months after last depo shot wore off? Or straight away ?

I kept a variety of symptoms for about 9 or so months after my last shot. My doctor said the shot is designed to last 3 months with a little grace period. It's leaving your body and you're starting to produce the hormones your body hasn't had to produce in awhile.

Hit submit to soon. I have heard of women getting pregnant immediately after so good luck! But pregnancy-like symptoms are definitely a symptom of getting off. So confusing!

Just wish my body would sort itself out so I could start TTC properly this is making me go crazy lol thanks for your help :)

Just wish my body would sort itself out so I could start TTC properly this is making me go crazy lol thanks for your help :)

I tracked my symptoms to keep me sane. It was nice to look back and say oh I felt this last month. I started to notice my symptoms before AF or O came. Here to help and keep us posted.

Thankyou , I think I will start tracking what's going on , keep me busy will definitely keep updating :)

Ok sorry to be a pain , but wanted to mention over the past week or so I've had tender veiny boobs , which I've put down to depo shot wearing off in December , but past 3 days my nipples keep tingling and are constantly erect , and are bigger and darker than usual. I'm hoping this means my hormones are starting to work post depo , anybody else had this ? I'm going nuts with crazy symptoms it's obviously my body getting rid of depo , it's really hard TTC when your body is all over the place .

I haven't had that but have you taken a pregnancy test?

I have taken a few all were negative , I have no idea when and if I o'd I started getting a few pains 19th last month , thought maybe I was getting ready to ov again after depo so we bd every other day last time being the 29th just incase , then nothing much happened until the 1st April ,I had af like cramps and have had them non stop since , and now this boob issue ?

Hmmm, once off depo it can give you pregnancy like symptoms, how long has it been since your last shot?

Yep that's why I'm pretty sure it must just be hormones adjusting to stopping ,last shot was sept 2013 .

Oh yeah that's pretty normal, around that time for me I had loads of pregnancy like symptoms, nausea, feeling sick, headaches and feeling light headed

It's so frustrating I've came off depo before and don't remember any of this , hopefully it means af will come soon and symptoms start decreasing instead of getting worse .

Yeah you never know!

Afm I'm getting more and more discouraged, it's now 18 months since my shot and nothing :(

Sorry to hear things are not happening for you still . Hopefully soon for us both :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->