• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC After Depo stories...any luck..advice?

Punk mum I'm so glad your af has returned :) Sorry to hear your having a hard time babyjan , fingers x for you that you get that bfp soon .
Mjb27 how did you go ?
I am happy to say I woke up this morning to af :) so after 1 month of crazy symptoms and 4 months since depo wore off , something is happening :) :) :) now let's see if I get a positive opk this month .

That's great news ttc, hopefully you get your positive OPK x

So I think I got a bit too excited with thinking af had arrived:nope: had light flow all day yesterday then barely spotting today :shrug:

TTC84 that's a step closer. I feel like my cycles are weird. I had a Med flow for 2 days and then 1 day I could go liner only. Starting to wonder if this short AF means something is messed up

Hi cutieq, I really hope it means something , started Tuesday morning very light flow by wed was only there when I wiped same thurs and Friday , and today . Not even sure to count as period ? Hope yours isn't things been messed up and just a short one this month . X

Hey Ladies hows it going??! Well ive been on and off of here reading stories n just thought id update u all. Ive bn off depo close to 7 months now n still nothn! The funny thing is ive bn on ortho low jus to try n regulate my cycles since those were suggestions made by others so by me taking them for 3 cycles on time with none missed i STILL haven't had a cycle. Its annoying...i talked to an endocrinologist n think i should talk with my dr n isnt normal.. idk anymore since my dr. Said she isnt drawing blood till July to c where my hormones are... what are your thoughts...opinions? Thanks.

7 months and no AF is pretty normal, most drs won't really look into it unless its been 18 months +

Hang on in there, I know it's hard but try be patient and I'd advice just letting it naturally come back, I know taking something may have helped others but I think it's best to just wait it out, it will definitely return x

Hey babyjan thx for the reply im trying to hang n there but its tough. I only had ONE injection n in the past ive had my periods come right backn im healthy n not overweight so idk. I was on pills n was pose to be regulating myself itdoesn't explain the fact y i still havent had a cycle after 3 months of pills. Im just upset but im goin to leave the situation alone n hopefully itl come sooner than later :)

How did I forgot to even mention I got a BFP 18 months after depo but sadly miscarried??

I've been all over the other parts of the forum and forgot to update in here, my AF came normal on the 16th everything was fine then I noticed I was bleeding longer then expected so tested and got BFP, went hospital who told me most likely miscarriage, got my bloods done and levels went from 100 down to 51, I'm happy I got a BFP after depo but of course sad. I got positve pregnancy test this morning and not sure whether or not to wait for it to go negative before ttc :/

Had a scan Friday and discovered I had a ruptured cyst on right ovary :( x

How did I forgot to even mention I got a BFP 18 months after depo but sadly miscarried??

I've been all over the other parts of the forum and forgot to update in here, my AF came normal on the 16th everything was fine then I noticed I was bleeding longer then expected so tested and got BFP, went hospital who told me most likely miscarriage, got my bloods done and levels went from 100 down to 51, I'm happy I got a BFP after depo but of course sad. I got positve pregnancy test this morning and not sure whether or not to wait for it to go negative before ttc :/

Had a scan Friday and discovered I had a ruptured cyst on right ovary :( x

babyjan, funny you mention that. I got a BFP and chemical about 14 months after finishing DEPO. That was in February. Valentines Day to be exact :cry: It's a good feeling to know that we can get one and to finally see it. How many weeks were you? I think that determines if you should wait or not.

Babyjan...wait u had a + test today?? And im.sorry to hear that. And what does the cysy have to do with anything? Im confused i hooe i dont sound rude. Ive never had one but im thinkn i may. It hurts to cough or laugh n sneeze abd its on my left side above my pubic region and radiating to my side. Its also uncomfortable to push on this area. I thought about goin to e.r but it may b a waste of time.

I had no idea hun because I only tested when I noticed I was bleeding a lil too long :( the cb digital gave me a 1-2 weeks x

I know sounds crazy reese, because I actually posted in here the other day during the ordeal, I tested 8 days after AF because usually AF is gone by day 5 but I was still bleeding day 8, tested and got faint positive, tested again next morning and still positive so I thought perhaps this bleeding was miscarriage after all, anyways I went hospital on Thursday and they put me in for a scan for Friday, Friday morning I was in soooo much pain, felt like I was in early labour so took paracetamol and felt lil better but had so much pain in my right side.

Anyways went hospital and had a scan which showed no pregnancy but a cyst on my right ovary, not sure how long it was there, this point I was passing clear stretchy fluids mixed with blood, she told me there was fluid around the cyst which might mean it ruptured, got my blood taken to check hcg levels but was told the pain is either from the cyst or the miscarriage but there's still a possibility I'm early pregnant.

I had my results for bloods from Friday, levels were 100 and today's results were 51 which means I miscarried. I still got BFP this morning.

If I hadn't tested I probably wouldn't have even known but that pain I experienced on Friday would have still led me to wonder what an earth was going on.

I'm no longer in any pain or bleeding at the moment x

Hey ladies thought id tell you my story with positive outcome!

I went on depo may 2012 - all appeared fine.
I went on my 2nd depo july 2012 - living nightmare.

Depo was due 23rd oct 2012 i didnt get it.

I started using ovulation strips and got a lot of near positives but no first 'bleed/af' till 23rd Feb 13 (week after seeing doc)

Ive seen gp and consultant, gp thought cycles should start 3 months after shot is due where as consultant said can take upto 18 months before receiving your first 'bleed/af'

I was sent for a series of blood tests to check all reasons for my cycles not returning - All fine.
I had pelvic scan March 13 to check for pcos (i read connection between getting pcos off being on depo) all fine.

I was told to monitor my cycles for 4 months and return to gp.
My cycles were different in the beginning they always started brown (sometimes black) go red by day 3-4.
My cycles were irregular, i was getting change in test line on ovulation tests.

I tried vitex but all it did was give me awful cramps and brought on bleed 14 days after my last so stopped them.

I had every pregnancy sympton going every month and got into a rountine of testing every 6 week as you just never no. My af since Feb were totally random and no signs of warnings. I went through few months of ferling so angry, my mood was utterly terrible. I went back to gp and got referred to hospital.
My appt was 2 months from.date of the letter, i went in Aug 13 the consultant was rude and made me feel like id wasted his time.
He had issue with my weight (i wad overweight everything i lost i regained on depo regardless of my diet very depressing)
He told me he would not help until it had been 2yrs of trying even then would be limited as i already have 2 kids.
He did say if i wasnt pregnant by feb/march 14 to see go and get referral to fertitly clinic i was bit confused by that.
I was told to return on day 21 of my next cycle for blood done.
I did that received letter in sept to say my levels were low and unlikely to be ovulating at this point we gave up 'ttc'

I noticed my af no longer starting brown and straight into normal red bleed (normal for me)
I started a cycle in nov which felt different i took note of things but didnt get to involved just added to my app 'increased ache' 'cramping/ovary pain' then my next af arrived i was in 4 day window from the notes id wrote down.
I got af beginning of dec again i did same thing af arrived within 2 day window slot at end of dec(still bit irregular)

Me and hubby were having very stress free time from nov and drinking a lot of cocktails/beer having weekend dates i do think this help a lot!

Same thing bappened in jan cycle and af arrived on day i expected (i was so happy) all i was focus on was seeing doc in march to ask for ovulation check again. Still we werent ttc.
My cycle in feb was a bit different again at the time it didnt click but i had egg like cervixal mucus (first time since ending depo) and had worked out when i thought af would be due.

Week before i thought i was due i got consipated and was sick 1 night (i actually always got loose bowels before af) i started to have pinching crampy feeling.
Day before the first day of my estimated af arrival i got fainest bfp i was so shocked i was shaking.
It only got dark and i was indeed pregnant 16 months after that shot was due.

My best advice is relax and be stress free i really dont think it helps post depo for our already messed up bodies. Take away all your tools of tracking for 3-6months and go off how you feel.

Plenty of times i had what appeared to be positive ovulation but sad fact is i may not of ovulated at all.

Be plenty of details ive missed if you want to ask me anything just inbox me it may trigger some memory. haha

Best of luck to all of you's x x

I had no idea hun because I only tested when I noticed I was bleeding a lil too long :( the cb digital gave me a 1-2 weeks x

ugh.. hate to read that. I got 1-2 weeks as hell. I remember that feeling all too well :( :hugs:

Where are you in your cycle now cutie? Will you be testing soon?

Mummytoamber, thanks a lot for sharing your story, it seems like you went through sooo much from coming off depo to getting that BFP! I also had one dr tell me to come to her when it's been 6 months no AF and then another dr telling me I need to wait for 18 months!

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Where are you in your cycle now cutie? Will you be testing soon?

Mummytoamber, thanks a lot for sharing your story, it seems like you went through sooo much from coming off depo to getting that BFP! I also had one dr tell me to come to her when it's been 6 months no AF and then another dr telling me I need to wait for 18 months!

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Waiting to O. I start testing this weekend!

Ah well I'm still getting BFP on IC and a positive OPK which I'm sure is picking up the hcg, I guess I have to wait for AF to start fresh and can begin using OPKs then x

Thanks SO much for sharing mommytoamber. The more detail the better! We're all still trying to figure out what's going on.

Babyjan, hang it there! You'll be ready to get back at it soon.

Hi ladies!
Just a quick update from me as usual! I've started af again so that makes my first cycle 26 days, I ovulated on cd10 so I think that's pretty good!! Hopefully I'll start nice and regular from now on! Hope you're all doing well and not getting too down if things aren't working properly, I had nothing but randomness for 5 annoying months then bam! Back to normal all at once, here's hoping we all go the same way!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->