• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC After Depo stories...any luck..advice?

babyjan, don't be discouraged. It will come!

TTC 84, I had sore, tingly boobs for a bit. Never darker, but they definitely got bigger. One thing to keep in mind too is that your body is still going through cycles. So it's doing hormonal things, but just may not be enough for AF. With tracking, I would wake up and notice a symptom and then be able to look back at last month and go oh yea, I had this! Weird that you didn't feel any of this the first time around. Your symptoms are normal for hormone changes .... I say never give up hope.

I'm here for any rants or vents. I remember how horrible it was getting off. I still feel like I'm suffering from it struggling to conceive.

Yeah you never know!

Afm I'm getting more and more discouraged, it's now 18 months since my shot and nothing :(
I'm sorry you are feeling discouraged babyjan! I can only imagine how frustrated you are... have you talked to a doctor yet? Mine seemed willing to help once she heard that I had been trying for a year. Have you tried any medication?

Ok sorry to be a pain , but wanted to mention over the past week or so I've had tender veiny boobs , which I've put down to depo shot wearing off in December , but past 3 days my nipples keep tingling and are constantly erect , and are bigger and darker than usual. I'm hoping this means my hormones are starting to work post depo , anybody else had this ? I'm going nuts with crazy symptoms it's obviously my body getting rid of depo , it's really hard TTC when your body is all over the place .
Yes the whole process is pretty gosh darn frustration TTC84... I didnt have the symptoms right away which made me think they were symptoms of pregnancy. I had the veiny boobs and funny enough my nipples gradually enlarged. Just try to think of all the symptoms as a sign that your body is fighting to get back to normal. Its quite a rollercoaster of symptoms and emotions. Tracking the symptoms helped me as well, just so that I could remember all of the different things that had happened. I had cramps that came monthly just when AF should but nothing would show its face. Eventually AF showed her face at the same time as the reoccurring cramps.

Just wish my body would sort itself out so I could start TTC properly this is making me go crazy lol thanks for your help :)

I tracked my symptoms to keep me sane. It was nice to look back and say oh I felt this last month. I started to notice my symptoms before AF or O came. Here to help and keep us posted.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you cutieq... hoping that AF doesn't show up! What day are you testing?

I'm hoping AF doesn't show this month. I'm surprisingly calm about the results either way.

I start testing on the 21st! A little over one more week to go.

Ok so now the hormones are really going crazy , cried tonight over a stupid petty argument with OH , I rarely cry .

Just wait until you burst into tears for absolutely nothing! That happened to me a countless number of times! The roller coaster is getting bumpy... Just hang on! It will pass!

Mj, I haven't seen the dr about it yet... I'm looking to make an apt for something else and will mention it x

The thing I hated most about doctors is that they tell you to just be patient, like that's an easy thing. I was given the option to take meds or get on the pill to regulate but I really didn't want to put more meds in my body.

Cutie, that's why I never really bothered making an apt, I know I will just be told to wait, it was just under 6 months of no AF and one dr told me I must wait at least 18 months for AF whilst another dr said I should wait 6 months :/

I understand 6 months is still early for no AF so I don't think that dr knew exactly what she was talking about lol..

Yea. I went so far as to go to a new doctor and lie and tell her it had been longer to see if I could get them to do anything. In a sense, I think it's better to let your body do what it needs to do naturally. It took mine around 9 months to return after my last shot

Yeah I agree, that's why I decided to not take anything and just wait, thankfully it came back 9 months after the first and last ever shot!

Depo messed me up I was bleeding so heavy for a month after I got off went to the doc got told I could never have kids 4 months later I was pregnant with my oldest so idk how to answer what u said I had to have doc help to get my periods back

Ok so still having crazy symptoms but they are getting less , I will never have depo again . just wondering do I just carry on TTC , hoping We catch that first egg before af returns or wait until cycle returns ?

Well ladies, after 5 months of waiting I seem to have just bounced back to normal! Got my period, then I got a positive opk on cd10! We didn't dtd until cd 12 though, (last night) so no babies this month but I'm happy to report that I'm back to normal! :):thumbup:

Well ladies, after 5 months of waiting I seem to have just bounced back to normal! Got my period, then I got a positive opk on cd10! We didn't dtd until cd 12 though, (last night) so no babies this month but I'm happy to report that I'm back to normal! :):thumbup:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: YAY
So glad that AF is back for you. The waiting can be agony!

Yay! Congrats Punk_Mum! 5 months is pretty quick... FX you get a BFP soom!

So tomorrow is the big day... I'm going to have an ultrasound done to see how my ovaries are looking. I was having really bad pain on my left side and my doctor is a little worried it may be a cyst and is leaning towards diagnosing me with PCOS. Had blood work done last week and the ultrasound tomorrow so we will see what happens. Hope that its nothing too horrible. I'll update you all when I get some more news!

Hey girls!

I'm gonna say sorry now cause I'm having negative thoughts, I was speaking to me mum and she was like why haven't you still got pregnant, because she knows I'm not on bc, anyway she said how she spoke to her aunty and she said there's an injection that can stop you from having kids forever, I'm soooooo worried, I don't know what to do! I mean I can try be patient but never having another baby is upsetting!! It can't possibly stop you conceiving all together but certainly makes it extremely difficult to conceive again :(

Sorry ladies I just had to let that out but how can one injection that was a big mistake ruin my fertility??!! I'm gonna book an apt this week and mention my worries to the dr and tell her its been 18 months of nothing :nope:

Hey girls!

I'm gonna say sorry now cause I'm having negative thoughts, I was speaking to me mum and she was like why haven't you still got pregnant, because she knows I'm not on bc, anyway she said how she spoke to her aunty and she said there's an injection that can stop you from having kids forever, I'm soooooo worried, I don't know what to do! I mean I can try be patient but never having another baby is upsetting!! It can't possibly stop you conceiving all together but certainly makes it extremely difficult to conceive again :(

Sorry ladies I just had to let that out but how can one injection that was a big mistake ruin my fertility??!! I'm gonna book an apt this week and mention my worries to the dr and tell her its been 18 months of nothing :nope:

Babyjan, I understand the frustration. Talk to your doctor before you get totally defeated. *hugs* let it all out. That's what the threads are for.

Hey girls!

Babyjan, it definitely doesn't make you infertile! Or make it ridiculously difficult either, it just affects everybody different. Trust me, at work I come across TONS of women who have had babies after depo it's just that for some they can get pregnant after a month and others it can take a couple of years. One of the doctors explained to me that it also depends on how deep the IM injection was given by the individual doctor and where exactly it was in the muscle and also how much fat the individual has in that place. Don't lose hope!
I have like no hope for myself, because I have endometriosis and have had depo lol. But even then! There's loads of ways around these things don't beat yourself up x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->