TTC After Depo stories...any luck..advice?

Thank you guys so much for welcoming me with open arms :) I sure hope my body regulates pretty quickly too! But knowing my luck, it will take some time. I'm staying positive though! From what I read, cutie, you just had a little one? that is so amazing, I couldn't be happier for you!
Trying- I know you've been going through the ringer with this, I've been rooting for you since I've started reading this! I have a feeling it's going to happen for you very very soon! You're getting so close and I believe that your little bundle of joy will get here very soon!

Aww thank you Nicole, how lovely of you. I hope your right - ttc is such an emotional journey, I really didn't appreciate how quickly I fell with my son after being on the pill.

Girls I need a bit of a vent and some advice...
My husbands finding it hard to 'finish' and it's driving me insane! If we do every other day he just can't finish, he works really long hours so I'm wondering if that's causing it, he's also older than me he's 31 so maybe his age? I feel bad for being angry at him but I literally cried the other night and told him it's another month we won't be pregnant, another month I have to listen to other people announce their pregnancies and another month I have to listen to my friend complaining about her morning sickness. I felt really bad after but it just all came out!
So we bd on cd5, 7, tried on cd 10 night but didn't finish, so did cd 11 morning instead, and tried cd12 (last night) but again couldn't finish! Today's cd 13 and I should ovulate today or tomorrow. I don't really think I'm in with a chance now though? The only successful bd in my fertile window was cd 11 morning?
I talked to him about it last night he said we should just bd every 3 days because it takes him too long to finish when it's every other day and he gets to tired - I don't know if every 3 days is enough though? i just don't know what to do! We used to have sex every day when we was younger, but the depo killed my sex drive and we was literally only having sex once a week if that!

Also I'm tempted to get my bloods done one cd 21. The Dr said it had to be cd 22 but that's a Saturday and they won't do it at a weekend. Do you think it will make a difference having them a day early?

Hi Trying,

I feel your emotion and desperation with this especially as like me you have been trying now for the same amount of time as me.

My suggestion would be...I know its easier said that done but relax. Your husband's problem could be stress related especially if pressure is put on him. I am 32 and my husband is 36 and he doesn't have that problem. 31 is actually a relatively young age and he should be able to "finish" every day unless he helps himself a lot if you know what I mean.

Have a bit of fun when the time is right...don't diarise it. When you know you will ovulate give him the element of surprise don't say "right we must tonight"... seduce him :)

I just truly have this feeling, you're about to be the one complaining about your morning sickness, being tired, getting your little baby bump! I just know its your turn! It has to be! With the hubby thing, I would just make him feel as comfortable as he can with his issue! Of course you are upset, and when I'm upset I have a tendency to say things I don't mean myself. He's your hubby and he isn't going anywhere. Just reassure him that it happens time to time and keep those fingers crossed that the days you guys bd, it will stick. Or plan the days when it falls on the best days. I'm sorry you're going through this, I wish we all would of been told all of this before hand! I have 30 more days until my next shot is due(which I am deff not getting) so only time will tell for me! This is torturous to not know what I'm going to go through, I am just glad to have found you ladies ☺️

I totally agree. It is so frustrating and us ladies just have to stick together. We are all here...even if its to vent your frustration! I'm hoping that your periods arrive quickly as I know everyone is different - mine didn't arrive until last month (15 months after last depo). I wish I would have tried something to bring them on and I know some of these ladies have tried angus cactus and soon some have tried soya isoflav which I believe both helped so get researching :)

Trying its good that your periods are regular now and you are ovulating so lets hope that you get your bfp very soon x

Thanks girls, I just really needed to vent about it, obviously I can't to him as I don't want to upset him, he wants a baby so much too now I think it may be the pressure thing. But he's a manager of a restaurant working very long hours so work does tire him out too. I just get so angry and upset when it doesn't happen and tell him don't ask why we still ain't pregnant next month! I think I'm gonna space it out more at the beginning say only do it once or twice before my fertile window (my fertile window starts at cd10 so not long to go without) then just do when we can during fertile window. He's never had his issue before, he says because I didn't want sex while I was on the depo much his body has got used to not doing it much. Ok... But my sex drive has returned now and we need to!! Haha.

Thank you Nicole, I really hope your right, I didn't realise how emotionally draining ttc actually is. I used Agnus castus and I truly beleive it brought back my periods. Just to let you know on off bleeding and pregnancy symptoms after depo is normal, they drove me insane and I wasn't expecting them at all lol. I recommend Agnus castus, I took it for 3solid months and finally got my periods back at the end of January (5 months off depo) I then continued to take them u till I finally got a positive ovulation test in April which is when I started ovulating again. Fingers crossed for you hunni. Also remember pre natal vitamins ;)

We did use pre seed when he bd on the 11th so still holding hope - can't see it being my month though!

His work won't be helping much! Sounds like a plan though less outside of your fertility window and then closer to ovulation get straight to it.

I know my husband went through a lot...he lost his sister in January to a brain tumor and then his mum to a brain bleed. At that point he lost his sex drive but its no surprise really. Stress really does have an impact and if hes doing long hours in work its probably the last thing on his mind...hes probably more inclined to want to put his head on the pillar.

You really deserve a BFP and I'm rooting for you x

I think I may of actually ovulated yesterday although I'm not 100% sure as I havnt been testing much. I did do one yesterday though and it was really dark if not positive and I checked my cervix which felt open. Iv done an opk today and it's faint and my cervix doesn't feel as open. If I did ovulate yesterday would be good as we bd the morning before. But maybe I havnt ovulated yet so I'll just wait and see what happens. I know I said I wasn't gonna test but I couldn't resist yesterday just to see where I was upto haha

Thanks wonna, he does get stressed with work, he left a few months ago but went back as he couldn't do the other job he got. I'm just praying it happens soon, I can't stand this. So sorry to hear about your husbands mum & sister xx

Ok.. I'm done stressing. Feeling better for getting it off my chest : ) thanks ladies! What will be, will be! I could of times it perfectly and still end up with a bfn, my friend bd only once which was 4 days before ov and is having a healthy pregnancy : ) I promised myself I would just relax this month.. So time to start relaxing again : )

Thanks Trying and that's what we are here for!

Does your other half have children? Just wondering if you have both had tests done x

Yes Hun we have a 6 year old son together. We have never had tests done, when I went to the dr she asked if we had children together when I said yes 1 she said ok he doesn't need tests then. I'm having blood tests to check in deffinatly ovulating but she said they have to say on cycle day 22 which is a Saturday and they can't send bloods off at the weekend :/

It has to be your time soon hun. It seems like there is no reason why you are not catching just a case of bad luck. There is no harm in using ovulation sticks either hun especially if you want to time bding. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you x

I know Hun, I just wanted a month of relaxing this month and me and my friend whose also trying to concieve after a miscarriage at the beginning on the year made a pact no tests this month and no stressing (I'm not telling her I caved haha) I'll probably use them again next month. They have all been faint today so I think ov may have been yesterday but I'll test again tomorow to check. Thanks Hun, I know some months I havnt timed bd right leaving it too late, which is why I wanted to do it more before ov this month. Iv heard some women don't get pregnant for like 4 years after depo and that scares me : (

Sorry for not responding to your posts trying. I feel your stress though and I really hope that you get your positive soon.
As for me, i dont really know whats going on with my body. I had spotting one day. Then the next it looked like AF during the day and then nothing that night. And not really anything today either. Ive had some cramping but it doesnt really feel like AF cramps. I also lost my job yesterday luckily i have my familys owned business to fall back on.

Im stressing like crazy now because of work and then not knowing whats going on with my body either!

I would say that's your best bet is to just relax, which is easier said than done! I think that will be helpful because the stress may be too much. Just relax and enjoy and just bd whenever, you know your days now. So just go with the flow and that bfp will be here sooner than you believe. I know you talked about this a few post ago but I haven't been on. But I noticed my sex drive had gone down significantly and I know this is tmi but it also seemed to make me drier than ever before! I'm only 22, I should have no problems what so ever and I was sooo confused as to why. I was perfectly fine before. I just can't believe all these things I have been experiencing and I would of never thought this is what was causing them. Ive also had weight gain(I was slightly under weight so I thought nothing of it at first), migraines like no other, tired constantly, and I have a cyst too. Thankfully it's not on my ovaries, but close to it!
Raine- how long have you been off for? I still have the poison in my system and just trying to figure out what to expect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->