TTC after loss - over 40 - any takers? Our lucky thread - 9 rainbows and 1 BFP

Donna sorry to hear the news.

I'm on CD15
EWCM last week so BD'd every other day was going to last night but got flattened by a migraine and as I have come off the meds as they are really strong and I don't want to do anything to harm a potential baby. so I had to suffer and feel as though my head was going to implode. feel better today, but I have post migraine haze.

Ah I have migraines. Soo horrible :hugs:

When I was pregnant I used those cold strip thingys (technical term obviously :rofl:), and they did help a bit.

i soaked a tea shirt in freezing water last night and covered up my head to chill my brain and it did work a bit

Every now and again I suffer migraines with aura - basically flashing lights for about 15 minutes followed by the headache - effects my vision so much that i can`t drive.

Last time i had one was when i was PG with the baby I lost in Jan - in fact I had 3 in a short space of time and had to take paracetemol which didn`t really help.

Its always at the back of my mind that this could have contributed to my MC - as migraines are caused by a chemical imbalance i thought it could have affected the baby - but doctor said no.

Hi, I'm 46 and am going to ttc very soon,I have 4 children from previous marriage, am very hopeful but a realist, good luck all. Donna

Well I had a undetected UTI that started the MC process and on a website that infections is a one of the leading cause of MC in women over 40.

Hi, I'm 46 and am going to ttc very soon,I have 4 children from previous marriage, am very hopeful but a realist, good luck all. Donna

Welcome to our group-I will add you to our list as WTT:hugs:

Sorry if i am being a little daft! What is a UTI?

Urinary tract infection.

Thanks - I assume this is something that can be treated.

I am due back at hospital next Tuesday to get the results of all the blood tests they have taken - they are testing for 7 different things, which I think included thyroid, diabetes and sticky bloods amongst others.

Any one of these is treatable, but only once pregnant! in a way I hope it is one of these so at least we know it can be sorted. If not, then it`s just down to age and egg quality I think!!!!!!:wacko:

I am 5 dpo...still have some sunburn from the weekend fun so am chalking up things that I would be stressing over as symptoms as effects from the burn. I will begin testing I would guess on Monday. I work this weekend so that will help it go by faster for me I think.

I am 5 dpo...still have some sunburn from the weekend fun so am chalking up things that I would be stressing over as symptoms as effects from the burn. I will begin testing I would guess on Monday. I work this weekend so that will help it go by faster for me I think.

argh I hate that wait.

Hope your sunburn gets better soon.

Got everything crossed for you :hugs:

Hi, I am 1 DPO, but not holding out much hope this month as we didn`t BD enough i don`t think, because of being away and sharing a room with the kids!!!

Hi, I am 1 DPO, but not holding out much hope this month as we didn`t BD enough i don`t think, because of being away and sharing a room with the kids!!!

It only takes once ;) but I know what you mean. I always panic we haven't done enough :sex:

It only takes once ;) but I know what you mean. I always panic we haven't done enough :sex:

Someone on one of the other threads I follow thought she was definately out as only bd'ed one time but got her bfp yesterday...you never know

Got my smiley face on my opk today just need to seduce my hubby now that is in pain with a sore back :growlmad::haha::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->