TTC after loss - over 40 - any takers? Our lucky thread - 9 rainbows and 1 BFP

It looks like Creative, Dance and I are all cycle buddies and all over 40 so that makes it kind of neat. Alot of these threads I follow the ladies are all in their early to mid twenties and while i can relate with some of their stuff, their impatience makes me want to scream wait til you get this old and feel that window getting smaller.

Nice to have some TTC buddies!

as soon as AF goes away I plan to BD every other day as I havn't got a clue when I'll Ov. Maybe next moth I'll start using ov sticks to find out more about me, but with any luck my plan will work with out the need for that.

Just watching your cm should tell you when you are around ovulation...it will get really wet and should get stretchy...just don't check it when aroused as that is also stretchy hahah

so where do you guys find out all about the cm stuff? (no I don't mean in your pants!)

It looks like Creative, Dance and I are all cycle buddies and all over 40 so that makes it kind of neat. Alot of these threads I follow the ladies are all in their early to mid twenties and while i can relate with some of their stuff, their impatience makes me want to scream wait til you get this old and feel that window getting smaller.

as soon as AF goes away I plan to BD every other day as I havn't got a clue when I'll Ov. Maybe next moth I'll start using ov sticks to find out more about me, but with any luck my plan will work with out the need for that.

Just watching your cm should tell you when you are around ovulation...it will get really wet and should get stretchy...just don't check it when aroused as that is also stretchy hahah

so where do you guys find out all about the cm stuff? (no I don't mean in your pants!)

Omg you made me laugh so loud my dogs jumped...google cervix and you will find more information then you ever wanted to learn ...fertility friend has good info for how to check and I also liked web womb (might be womb web.) I am sitting here with a glass of red wine relaxing to some comedy at the end of my day:)

I have been looking into this for a long time - originally 8 years ago when i was trying for my daughter.

I find about 4 days before OV my CM changes. usually you cant miss it - when you wipe a large amount comes away that looks just like egg white - clear and stretchy.

Sorry if TMI but, it can be mistaken for semen, especially when not using protection. However if you put it between your fingers, semen will not stretch at all, but EWCM should stretch between your fingers and should be couple of centimetres long before breaking.

I find this is the time to start doing OPKs.

Hope this helps.:hugs:

Omg you made me laugh so loud my dogs jumped...google cervix and you will find more information then you ever wanted to learn ...fertility friend has good info for how to check and I also liked web womb (might be womb web.) I am sitting here with a glass of red wine relaxing to some comedy at the end of my day:)

I have been looking into this for a long time - originally 8 years ago when i was trying for my daughter.

I find about 4 days before OV my CM changes. usually you cant miss it - when you wipe a large amount comes away that looks just like egg white - clear and stretchy.

Sorry if TMI but, it can be mistaken for semen, especially when not using protection. However if you put it between your fingers, semen will not stretch at all, but EWCM should stretch between your fingers and should be couple of centimetres long before breaking.

I find this is the time to start doing OPKs.

Hope this helps.:hugs:

Thank you for your help. I shall go and do a bit of studying!!

Cd 7 and just took my first opk this cycle and it already has a second line showing up...I usually have 2 but the second one is generally very faint this early so I think I may be right in thinking I could possibly ovulate a little earlier this cycle. We shall see.

Hope this morning brings good moods, optimism and lots of bding:):blush:

Cd 7 and just took my first opk this cycle and it already has a second line showing up...I usually have 2 but the second one is generally very faint this early so I think I may be right in thinking I could possibly ovulate a little earlier this cycle. We shall see.

Well, this is my last post for a little while- we are off to Euro Disney tomorrow and hope to come back all refreshed and ready to go!

Good luck to everyone and happy bding!!!:hugs::hugs:

Well, this is my last post for a little while- we are off to Euro Disney tomorrow and hope to come back all refreshed and ready to go!

Good luck to everyone and happy bding!!!:hugs::hugs:

hopefully you come back relaxed and stress free. Have a wonderful time

Hi Ladies.

Hope you're all ok. Still not back home. We're currently stranded by the floods in Wales

CD9 today :(

the flooding looks awful. we had it a few years back and the village became a lake with underwater streams bursting out of the road, cars floating and kids needing to be rescued from the school. Hope you are back home safe and dry soon!

the flooding looks awful. we had it a few years back and the village became a lake with underwater streams bursting out of the road, cars floating and kids needing to be rescued from the school. Hope you are back home safe and dry soon!

It's terrible. I've never seen anything like it. It was quite scary this morning.

Our car with all out stuff is parked on a hill lol.

Mind if I join you all ,I have just turned 45 gulp ,still can't believe it ,I have a 7 9,11 and 13 year old and have had ten losses in the last six years going as far as 19 weeks :nope:Have had all the tests done and everything clear ,on aspirin and foluc acid and trying my best for a sticky bean ,hope I can get to know u all ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Mind if I join you all ,I have just turned 45 gulp ,still can't believe it ,I have a 7 9,11 and 13 year old and have had ten losses in the last six years going as far as 19 weeks :nope:Have had all the tests done and everything clear ,on aspirin and foluc acid and trying my best for a sticky bean ,hope I can get to know u all ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hi:

Look forward to getting to know you too :hugs:

Welcome to this bit of the forum!!

Welcome to our group. I have added you to our list on the first page.

Sending you lots of :dust: for a sticky bean :hugs::hugs:

Hi everyone,

Dancer hope you're enjoying your break away. Desperado welcome to this forum. Xanth, Garnet how you both doing? How's everyone else?

I had a scan in cumbria due to pain and dizziness and was measured at 5+3 but started to mc that night. I wasn't surprised at all as hpts were so faint, so I was already prepared for it.

On to next cycle now and am considering going back to acupuncture again. am just brewing up some of their disgusting tea that i had left over from last time.

Where is everyone in their cycles? i'm cd6 (if I count first proper day of mc) xx

Hi everyone,

Dancer hope you're enjoying your break away. Desperado welcome to this forum. Xanth, Garnet how you both doing? How's everyone else?

I had a scan in cumbria due to pain and dizziness and was measured at 5+3 but started to mc that night. I wasn't surprised at all as hpts were so faint, so I was already prepared for it.

On to next cycle now and am considering going back to acupuncture again. am just brewing up some of their disgusting tea that i had left over from last time.

Where is everyone in their cycles? i'm cd6 (if I count first proper day of mc) xx

Hi, we are back now - got back about 8.00pm saturday night - should have been earlier but ferry was delayed 2 hours due to weather - crossing was a bit choppy - i sat down the whole time as i didn`t like the rocking feeling when i stood - when we got home i still felt the floor moving!!!

Donna and Xanth - sorry things haven`t worked out for you sending :dust: and :hugs:

not sure what is going on with me! Last month was our first month TTC and i got really uptight and stressed about it and we endede up BDing every night for 10 nights in a row and we had both had enough - not really ideal for TTC!

Anyway i was expecting to OV again later this week or early next week. However last thursday I started to get EWCM, 7 days earlier than expected. Couldnt BD as kids were sharing room with us!

When we got back sat night i did OPK and it was positive, but we were too tired to do anything. however i was feeling very laid back about it all and said to DH that we have probably missed this month, but I am not feeling stressed about it.

We did BD last night and managed again this morning before kids came running in!!! Probably go again tonight, and i think i will OV some time today, temps are still low at mo.

Not really expecting much this month, so don`t feel at all stressed out. We`ll see what happens and move on again then and try next month hwne we have a little more time!!!!

Sending big :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

Hi, we are back now - got back about 8.00pm saturday night - should have been earlier but ferry was delayed 2 hours due to weather - crossing was a bit choppy - i sat down the whole time as i didn`t like the rocking feeling when i stood - when we got home i still felt the floor moving!!!

Donna and Xanth - sorry things haven`t worked out for you sending :dust: and :hugs:

not sure what is going on with me! Last month was our first month TTC and i got really uptight and stressed about it and we endede up BDing every night for 10 nights in a row and we had both had enough - not really ideal for TTC!

Anyway i was expecting to OV again later this week or early next week. However last thursday I started to get EWCM, 7 days earlier than expected. Couldnt BD as kids were sharing room with us!

When we got back sat night i did OPK and it was positive, but we were too tired to do anything. however i was feeling very laid back about it all and said to DH that we have probably missed this month, but I am not feeling stressed about it.

We did BD last night and managed again this morning before kids came running in!!! Probably go again tonight, and i think i will OV some time today, temps are still low at mo.

Not really expecting much this month, so don`t feel at all stressed out. We`ll see what happens and move on again then and try next month hwne we have a little more time!!!!

Sending big :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Donna I had exactly the same. Tests just got fainter, so I wasn't surprised when the bleeding started. Still devastating though, isn't is :hugs:

I'm CD11 today, if I count first day of m/c, but I've had EWCM for the past few days, which seems really early

Sorry I've multi quoted and confused myself now :haha::haha::haha:
Dancareoi glad you're feeling less stressed

I've got preconception appointment on 22nd June at 10.30 now. Hope they can help me, as I'm almost positive it's the very high blood sugars early on in my pregnancies that are causing me to miscarry.

:dust: to everyone.

Donna sorry to hear the news.

I'm on CD15
EWCM last week so BD'd every other day was going to last night but got flattened by a migraine and as I have come off the meds as they are really strong and I don't want to do anything to harm a potential baby. so I had to suffer and feel as though my head was going to implode. feel better today, but I have post migraine haze.

I'm on CD15
EWCM last week so BD'd every other day was going to last night but got flattened by a migraine and as I have come off the meds as they are really strong and I don't want to do anything to harm a potential baby. so I had to suffer and feel as though my head was going to implode. feel better today, but I have post migraine haze.

Ah I have migraines. Soo horrible :hugs:

When I was pregnant I used those cold strip thingys (technical term obviously :rofl:), and they did help a bit.

I'm on CD15

Ah I have migraines. Soo horrible :hugs:

When I was pregnant I used those cold strip thingys (technical term obviously :rofl:), and they did help a bit.

i soaked a tea shirt in freezing water last night and covered up my head to chill my brain and it did work a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->