TTC after m/c before AF

Girly922

Reaction score
Well I'm now starting to TTC again. It's been almost 2 weeks since my first m/c, first pregnancy and we're starting to look forward. As it was a natural m/c I was given the go ahead to start trying once the bleeding stopped. I have no idea when I'm likely to ovulate so we've been BDing our butts off in the hope we'll catch this egg :)

Just wondered how many others are in the same position right now. And when do you hope to get your bfp by?

:dust:

Hi there,

can you even ovulate before you have a period? I always thought you had to have a period first or you dont ovulate? I had a MMC last week and i was going to wait until AF returned to start trying again?

I'm sorry for your loss.

Lots of women fall pregnant again after a m/c before AF, I don't know how many women ovulate before the first AF, but some do. Apparently all you need is for your hcg levels to return to 0 and your body can then ovulate. I figured we may as well try.

Hi! Im new to this forum and Im hoping to start TTC in about a week as I had an ERPC a week ago and was told to wait 2 weeks.

I might not ovulate for a while but at least we can start to bd again for fun.

SloanPet - yes ovulation comes before AF. Your body can be a bit weird after a loss, but normally, you dont get AF unless you have ovulated. REally sorry to hear you had a mmc, so did I.

Welcome. And I'm sorry for your loss :hugs:

Ive been told that now my hcg levels are back to normal I should ovulate fairly soon. As there's no way of temping reliably after a m/c we'll just BD lots this cycle until AF shows her ugly face. And if it doesn't happen this cycle, we're getting plenty of exercise in the process. :haha:

That sounds like the right way to go!

I did a pg test 2 days ago and the line was there, but fainter than when I got pg, so Im hoping my levels are going down, however I dont think theyre anywhere near zero yet because Im still getting morning sickness like nausea if I dont eat for a couple of hours, which is driving me crazy to be honest.

I want to TTC as soon as we can... I had a D&C one week ago. Still bleeding and spotting, but as soon as that's done, we'll probably NTNP until dr gives the go ahead and then will really TTC after that. This has made me want a LO even more! We deserve a family!

We deserve a family!

This made me smile. We all deserve a family. And no one deserves to go through what we've been through.

Fashionqueen, I lost all symptoms the days I lost my angel. I started bleeding on the Friday and my hcg was over 1100, passed LO on the Sunday (at 6w2d), on the Tuesday my levels were down to 287. Down to 85 by the Friday. I then got a -hpt early in the week. I feel quite lucky that my levels dropped so quickly, I understand for some women it can take weeks to drop.

FX'd yours won't take too long. Have you got to go in for a blood test soon? They wouldn't discharge me until my levels were below 25.

It's weird, when I got that -hpt I felt happy. It felt like the start rather than the end. And then I sat there thinking how odd it was looking at a bfn and being glad. Just knowing that this means we could start again.

Nope they said to me I dont need to see anyone again unless I had any severe bleeding, and I stopped bleeding 2 days again and getting normal CM back again, which is good! So its just the slight nausea thing.

I think because I had an ERPC and they said that there was nothing left, they dont need to check perhaps? I was allowed home on the same day. They just check you can do a wee and made sure you ate and drank something.

Also - I wonder if perhaps because for me it was a missed miscarriage, it will take a while. I only found out that the baby had died at 8 weeks and 4 days, when I went for the 12 week scan. Id had no bleeding, was still being sick etc. I only had some tiny spotting 2 days later whilst I was waiting for the ERPC which was scheduled for 4 days after. And I think that could have been purely because my mind then knew, my body started to realise. But that was all I ever had.

As far as I understand it does take longer with a mmc but I still thought they'd want to ensure your levels decrease as they should. Guess it differs a lot depending on where you are in the country. Good sign that CM is back to normal though!! Hopefully the nausea won't stay too long for you.

Hi girls. So sorry for your losses, its such a hard thing to go through. I was wondering if I could join you girls? It's been 9 days since I started my m/c. I'm finally only spotting now and hoping that will stop soon. I just had blood taken yesterday to check my level. I guess the e.r. had to test me twice because the first test showed negative. My regular Dr. Thought that was weird since based on lmp I should have been 6 weeks 1 day. But my hope now is that I won't have to wait much longer for 0. My Dr. Said we could start ttc again as soon as I'm back to 0. It took 8 months and this was our first baby ever so hoping it will happen quicker this time.

I'd love to have some ladies to chat with through this. I'm sure I'm not the only one scared and unsure... Yet strangely ready to start again so soon.

So sorry we all have to do this again :/

Welcome babybloo. I'm sorry for your loss, I wish we were all meeting in better circumstances. But at least we're all starting to look forward now. Hopefully you're lucky that your levels have dropped incredibly quickly. I've found the fact that we can start ttc again somewhat comforting.

We are trying for our first too. I cant wait to fall pregnant again but at the same time the thought absolutely terrifies me. I don't know how I'd get through it if this happened again. Positive thoughts. :)

Good luck, and once you know your levels are at 0 you can start BDing like crazy. You are supposed to be more fertile after a m/c :thumbup:

Hi baby bloo. It took me 8 months as well and I have irregular long cycles so I'm also scared about how long it will take.

I think I will do another pg test in maybe 5 days to see if the line is any fainter.

Hi baby bloo. It took me 8 months as well and I have irregular long cycles so I'm also scared about how long it will take.

I think I will do another pg test in maybe 5 days to see if the line is any fainter.

Hi I also had a missed miscarriage and found out at 12 weeks that the baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks. It took 18 days for me to get a neg hpt, following an erpc. I don't think I ov before my af, but am hoping to this time as I was only 6 weeks and got a neg hpt before I'd even miscarried.

Baby dust to us all :hugs:

Thanks so much! I agree. I feel more accepting of the whole thing if I can try sooner. I'm definitely struggling as far as how I will feel about another pregnancy. I think I'm just really angry that the excitement has been taken away. Though that may change at some point. I hope you ladies won't have to wait to long and fashionqueen, I hope for less than 8 months for both of us!

Hiya thought id pop on i had a missed miscarriage in nov and an erpc the next day i was 12 weeks but baby died 8wk 3days i stopped bleeding two weeks after erpc i had been taking tests till i got bfn i felt ovulation pains a few days after bleeding stopped and caught the egg got a bfp 12dpo on a digital and two bfp on frer the next day all bfn i started bleeding two weeks later it was a chemical now im back in the two week wait at 1 or 2 dpo and hoping to have a healthy baby fingers x'd i think it was probably best if i would have waited till i got my first period after erpc then i wouldnt of got so excited only for it to turn to tears the next day

Hi can I join, I had mmc 11 days ago found out at my 12 week scan baby died at 8 and half weeks, I chose the medical management, and stopped bleeding today. It's only been 11days since we found out. Hoping to ttc again before AF. Really want my dd to have a brother or sister. It took 9 months to get pregnant with her and about 7/8 months this time around.

Little Nicky that is so sad. Huge hugs. Thats what I dread happening, I cant go through this again.

Hi butterfly, I hope it happens quicker for you this time!

Hi SusieC, hope you get a bfp soon!

I'm so sorry to hear about your losses, ladies :( I had a m/c at 5.5 weeks almost 2 weeks ago, and dh and I are also sort of ttc again. I also read on several forums/websites that women are often quite fertile after a m/c once they start ovulating again (which can be within 2 weeks after the m/c, or take much longer).
I don't think my doctor would agree with our choice to already ttc, since I haven't had a post-bleeding follow-up yet (I go for that next week), but I feel good/ready, no more bleeding, so we figured 'why not'?

This would have been baby#2, so the m/c made me appreciate my precious little ds even more <3

Good luck and baby dust in the next cycle(s)! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->