TTC after m/c before AF

My GP and EPU wanted bloods every few days to ensure my hcg levels were decreasing as they should. They wouldn't discharge me until they were below 25 and my GP wanted bloods until they were below 5.

Are you still having regular check ups with your GP? I know it's different across the country but it's still the nhs! Lol.

My GP and EPU wanted bloods every few days to ensure my hcg levels were decreasing as they should. They wouldn't discharge me until they were below 25 and my GP wanted bloods until they were below 5.

Are you still having regular check ups with your GP? I know it's different across the country but it's still the nhs! Lol.

No im not

I went to hosp on the21st feb for my 12wk dating scan, thats when i found out i had suffered mmc. I was actually 13.4 wks but that morning i started to bleed a little bit and then scan showed baby had died at 9 wks. The doctor came to see me and advised me to go home and see if thijgs happen nayurally. He made me an appointment for 2 wks time for a scan to see if everything had come away. That is the scan im going to on thurs. No other appointments were made for me.I went to hosp on sat 23rd feb as i had past the baby and sac and they wanted to check everything had come away. This doctor inserted a speculum ( cant remember if thats the right name ffor it. like when u have a smear but seemed much bigger) i cud hear him snipping away at something and i was so emotional i didnt feel like i could tell him to stop so i let him carry on. After he finished he said he had taken everything away and i could go home in the morning.

The following day i started to get bad pains again, just as bad as previous days when i past the baby and i knew is was my cervix dilating again. I past a huge solid piece of tissue i think it was the placenta but how did the doctor miss that??? Im really not sure ive received a good standard of care, they never explained anything to me and when i was took in for the procedure with the speculum i was told i was getting a scan. My husband wasnt asked to go in with me for support or anything.

:nope:

Oh hunny, that sounds awful. :hugs:

I'm surprised they having been checking your hcg levels, otherwise how do you know when you can try again? I'm not sure what the Dr was doing with the speculum but as it wasn't an ERPC you would still have to pass anything still high up in your uterus naturally. People still have clots after surgery too so you never can be 100% sure.

That's awful that you didn't have hubby in there to support you. I hope things go smoother at your scan. :hugs:

Thanks crazywaiter, as if having a miscarriage isnt bad enough for us ladies sometimes its just a shame when its all a blur at the time but then you have clarity a few weeks later and u realise you havnt been cared for as well as you should have been at that really hard time in your life.

Girly922- I know, the whole process has been a shambles. My friend has suffered 3 miscarriages and shares the same doc as me and went to same hisp as me and she had her hcg levels monitored.

Im trying again now but really it could be pointless in that sense as still prob got pregnancy hormones in me. Ive ordered pregnancy tests so i will just keep doing my favourite past time and pee on a stick until it comes back negative! lol xx

Hey Pinhams, just saw in the other thread that you got a scan and that everything's clear -- that's great news! I hope the care was much better this time.

Hey ladies, have not been on for a while. Still not ovulating! It feels like ages now.... :-(

Hey Pinhams, just saw in the other thread that you got a scan and that everything's clear -- that's great news! I hope the care was much better this time.

Thanks!

It was, I had a lovely mw who was so friendly and caring so I feel a lot better today and I can move on from this. I've got 2 gorgeous children to keep me busy and they remind me I can do this and I am already a very lucky mammy.

Have to say tho, I couldn't have done this without you ladies, sometimes all you can think about is babies and your miscarriage. I think I would drive oh crazy if he realised how much I need to talk about it so I off load to you's instead! Lol. Sorry x

Hey ladies, have not been on for a while. Still not ovulating! It feels like ages now.... :-(

Hi samib

It's a drag isn't it?

Do you opk or can you just tell when you ovulate?

I'm not very good at all this ovulating business so I don't chart or anything. Never have a clue when I ovulate, if I ovulate or when I should b ovulating. Lol. Maybe I should, im an obsessive person so might be best I dont! Haha.

Is this ur 1st cycle since ur loss? X

:dust::dust:

Thanks!

It was, I had a lovely mw who was so friendly and caring so I feel a lot better today and I can move on from this. I've got 2 gorgeous children to keep me busy and they remind me I can do this and I am already a very lucky mammy.

Have to say tho, I couldn't have done this without you ladies, sometimes all you can think about is babies and your miscarriage. I think I would drive oh crazy if he realised how much I need to talk about it so I off load to you's instead! Lol. Sorry x

I completely understand that. After mine all I could possibly think about was the m/c and trying again. I bought OPKs, I got a CBFM. I love that thing!! First month of using it and it showed I ovulated early. Managed to bd plenty and got my bfp. I couldn't have got through it without all my BnB ladies. It's like you can't think of anything else.

It does get easier though.

Thanks!

I completely understand that. After mine all I could possibly think about was the m/c and trying again. I bought OPKs, I got a CBFM. I love that thing!! First month of using it and it showed I ovulated early. Managed to bd plenty and got my bfp. I couldn't have got through it without all my BnB ladies. It's like you can't think of anything else.

It does get easier though.

Girly922, for some reason i thought you were ttc didnt realise you had your bfp!! congrats!

How many cycles did it take you to get your bfp after your miscarriage? x

Thanks :) That's okay hun. I never expected to fall so quick after. We started TTC straight away and I fell after the first AF. Exactly 4 weeks after my m/c.

After the m/c it seemed as though I had nothing else that I could focus on. Every thought revolved around TTC. But several of us on this thread got our BFPs very soon after so I guess it shows just how much more fertile you are afterwards.

Thats brilliant news! i hope i can join you in a few weeks time!! fingers crossed.

Midwife said yesterday you are very fertile after miscarriage so you are right in what you say.

Im not sure when to class my actual date of miscarriage, is it when i first started to bleed or when i actually passed the baby? theres only 2 day dif like so prob doesnt matter that much x

My GP told me that it's like your body has a welcome mat out welcoming another pregnancy because your hormones are already increased. Everything's ready for you to fall again. I think it's amazing how it works

I counted mine from the day I passed the baby. I started spotting on the Friday and went to a&e. My cervix was still closed at that point. But then passed baby Sunday night. Which was the 16th December, I got my first AF on the 16th January.

I hope you'll be getting your bfp soon hun!! Sending lots of :dust: your way!! Xx

My GP told me that it's like your body has a welcome mat out welcoming another pregnancy because your hormones are already increased. Everything's ready for you to fall again. I think it's amazing how it works

I counted mine from the day I passed the baby. I started spotting on the Friday and went to a&e. My cervix was still closed at that point. But then passed baby Sunday night. Which was the 16th December, I got my first AF on the 16th January.

I hope you'll be getting your bfp soon hun!! Sending lots of :dust: your way!! Xx

I think I will do the same, i passed the baby on 23rd Feb so will count from there.

Im really happy for you and you WILL have a happy and healthy pregnancy. :hugs: :hugs: X

How long are your cycles normally? I really hope you're not waiting too long before you get your little rainbow baby.

Thank you so much. I'm pretty nervous at the moment. I've got my first scan tomorrow. I'm so scared. Lol. Xx

How long are your cycles normally? I really hope you're not waiting too long before you get your little rainbow baby.

Thank you so much. I'm pretty nervous at the moment. I've got my first scan tomorrow. I'm so scared. Lol. Xx

Every 28 days.

U hope so too!

Try not to worry and enjoy every minute! Will u post pics after ur scan? X

Girly-I can't believe tomorrow is your scan!!! Can't wait to hear about it! Try to relax tonight, I know about the nerves. I'm trying not to think about mine on Monday...eek!

Arghh!! I'm trying to relax. Every time I think about it I'm excited/nervous/scared. I don't know how I even have all these emotions at the same time!! Lol. I'm just hoping I get to see a heartbeat.

Ooh crazywaiter! Monday's not far away!! I've got my first midwife appointment on Monday. Everything will go great!!

Pinhams - I'll update and if all is good I'll put pics in my journal. Don't want to cause upset to anyone here.

Scan went really well. My little pumpkin is perfect! Measuring 7+2 with a strong steady heartbeat of 146bpm. :cloud9:

Thanks for keeping me sane for the last couple of days. Lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"