• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC after m/c before AF

Thank you. :) I feel more positive this time around. But still terrified. We had an early scan at 7+3 that showed a healthy little heartbeat and measuring right on time. I'll be happier after our 12 week scan.

I completely understand how you're feeling with regards to no one acknowledging your loss. We live about an hour away from my parents and 2 1/2 from OH parents so, even though we hadn't told them about the pregnancy, we told them about the m/c over the phone. It happened a week before Christmas so we wanted them to understand that we may not be in the festive spirit. Neither of my parents have acknowledged that I was even pregnant since that phone call. We still haven't yet told them that we're expecting again. So when we went round I felt like there was an unspoken mist. That they knew, but no one wanted to say anything at all.

Both you and hubby still need to time to get through this. It does get easier. I hope you're celebrating soon!

It's alarming how everyone deals or doesn't deal with a person miscarring.

Well I'm glad that your scan went well and your baby bean is doing wonderful!! Yay!!

I will keep you updated, should know something this weekend. :thumbup:

Hi all!

So sorry for everyone's losses. :( I also found that so many people are so uncomfortable about miscarriages. They just don't know what to say. I've told quite a few people though and although some were weird I actually found out some other people had gone through the same thing that I didn't know about. My friends have been really awesome and supportive and I'm glad I shared it with them.

Baby dust to everyone!!! :)

Hi Phoebe and Lovebug, I am so sorry for your losses but you are very welcome here. Miscarriage is so devastating, and part of the pain is the fact that you wanted to be pregnant and have a baby, so it's COMPLETELY normal and natural that you want that back again as quickly as possible (and according to my doctor it's totally fine to try right away, your body might take a while to get back to normal, but if it recovers quickly then it's ready to go).

The other part of the pain is the particular child you lost who will never be replaced. That part became more clear to me a few weeks after my loss, and I am especially aware of it now that I am blessed to be pregnant again. This is a new baby, and I am so excited for that, but still missing the one I lost. Some people don't understand that and think that as soon as you get pregnant you'll be fine (not true! still a grieving process). Hang in there, this is a very supportive group!

I find comfort in reading all your posts. Sorry to all who have lost their baby bean.

I had a natural miscarriage yesterday and is so devastated. Have been TTC for 3 years. It helps me see that I am not alone. I know its too soon for me to think about TTC again but I am determined to get pregnant again as soon as possible.

Baby dust to all.

Sorry to hear about all the ladies who have also suffered loses.

This forum, especially this thread has helped me millions!!

x

Hi Smarties,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you can find a little comfort in the next few days with this forum and website.

Please know that we are all here.... Thinking of you....

Had a miscarriage 8/20/12. TTC again.

What do you think? Am I?

Symptoms & BBT

CD1-5 /AF (Feb 27th)
CD7-9 /no cm (cd 9-temp was 97.7
CD10 /creamy cm & (Temp-97.5) :sex:
CD11 /creamy cm 97.5
CD12 /creamy cm 97.7
CD13 /creamy cm 97.3
CD14 /creamy cm 97.7 :sex:
CD15 /creamy cm 97.3
CD16 /creamy cm 97.6 :sex:
CD17 /creamy cm 97.4
CD18 /creamy cm 97.4

CD19 /dry and tight cervix 97.5..:sex:.. Queasy right after BD when I stood up. Decreased appetite. Headache. Extremely full feeling and bloating this evening like I drank way too much water, but I barely ate this day or drank liquids. Very Gassy. Pain on right side of abdomen.Nausea all day (gagging only/never vomited).

CD20 /creamy cm 97.5 still bloated/full feeling. Tingly nipples. No appetite. Gassy. Tired. Acne on my belly over belly button(that's a 1st!).

CD21 / creamy cm 97.7 Woke up to my daughter cooking breakfast as usaual and all I could smell was the smell of a hospital. Best way to describe it. Heightened sense of smell. Low abdominal pulling. Queasy right after BD when I stood up. Decreased appetite. Headache.Very Gassy. Nausea this morning (gagging only/never vomited).

CD22 / did not check cm/ felt like EWCM tho. Temp spike of 98.4!!! :happydance::sex:A little nauseous (gagging only/no vomit)

All temps were taken at the same time everyday. I am currently taking Fertibella. Waiting til March 30th to :test:. Pray for me as it is not easy to wait with so many symptoms. :dust::hug:

Sounds promising ssshlady!! fingers crossed.

Can I tell you ladies my situation?

I miscarried on 23/2/13 as you all know and i got the clear scan and neg test within 2 weeks of that.

Im not sure when i ovulater or indeed if i ovulated but i used to have regular 28 day cycles b4 miscarriage.

This last few days ive been getting low down cramps bit like a dull ache and there was a bit of cm with bit of brownish blood in on sunday but no blood since then but yesterday i noticed i had loads of creamy discharge. Been getting headaches too.

Oh and this morning i woke up with runny nose and literally have sneezed none stop . . . . haha this could just be a cold tho!

What do u think? am i in with a chance or shud i expect the witch to pay me a visit? xxx

I miscarried on 23/2/13 as you all know and i got the clear scan and neg test within 2 weeks of that.

Im not sure when i ovulater or indeed if i ovulated but i used to have regular 28 day cycles b4 miscarriage.

This last few days ive been getting low down cramps bit like a dull ache and there was a bit of cm with bit of brownish blood in on sunday but no blood since then but yesterday i noticed i had loads of creamy discharge. Been getting headaches too.

Oh and this morning i woke up with runny nose and literally have sneezed none stop . . . . haha this could just be a cold tho!

What do u think? am i in with a chance or shud i expect the witch to pay me a visit? xxx

Hi Pinhams,

I was told we lost the our baby on 02/20/13 and had the actual MC on 02/22/13. About a week ago, I had most of your symptoms (lower back pain, headaches, super emotional etc.) I did check to see if I was ovulating using a kit and it came back positive that day and negative the next few days, so it could be possible your ovulating or have just ovulated?!?!

I hoping to test tomorrow because I used a website to predict your next period based off of your ovulation date. The website stated that I should have my next period on 03/27/13 and although I will be testing super early, I’m hoping for some good news.

With all of the said, our MC dates are pretty close so maybe your ovulating and your doing it towards the end of your cycle? I’m still rather new to all of this but wanted to reach out and let you know my thoughts.

Thanx for your feedback. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I had a really weird cycle after my mc. Doc told me to wait for one regular cycle before trying again. After my miscarriage I had spotting here and there. We just decided to try again this month. My mc was 8/2012. Witch may be visiting you :witch:

Hi Pinhams,

I was told we lost the our baby on 02/20/13 and had the actual MC on 02/22/13. About a week ago, I had most of your symptoms (lower back pain, headaches, super emotional etc.) I did check to see if I was ovulating using a kit and it came back positive that day and negative the next few days, so it could be possible your ovulating or have just ovulated?!?!

I hoping to test tomorrow because I used a website to predict your next period based off of your ovulation date. The website stated that I should have my next period on 03/27/13 and although I will be testing super early, I’m hoping for some good news.

With all of the said, our MC dates are pretty close so maybe your ovulating and your doing it towards the end of your cycle? I’m still rather new to all of this but wanted to reach out and let you know my thoughts.

Hi Lovebug04

We are pretty close date wise arent we?

Can i ask what day you ovulated on?

I got told i had miscarried on 21st feb and past baby on 23rd feb.

Fingers crossed u get the news u want and get ur sticky bfp!!

I appreciate u letting me know your situation too. thanks xx

Hi All- New to the forum but finding it very comforting!
I M/C March 9th at 6 weeks 4 days pregnant (first pregnancy).. We were NTNP for about 6 months then finally starting using opks and got pg first try.
SO many emotions right now and all I want/can think a bout is being pregnant again.
As I go through the posts I noticed no one is talking about any of the "risks" about getting pg right away again. My doctor told me to wait 3 months to TTC again and Ive heard all this stuff about "time for your uterine lining to rebuild" and your hormone levels to adjust. It scares me to think that trying again will cause another MC. But at the same time- I feel good physically? My MC wasn't traumatic ...and I feel generally ready? And looking at a lot of posts- it seems many of you got pg right away and are fairly far along with no problems
I MC naturally ... bled for about 8 days.. HcG is dropping appropriately 2,000 3dp mc to 803 in 48 hrs (last blood test tomorrow). Did anyone else have the fear of trying to soon will cause another MC? I want to do the right thing but the waiting seems like torture!!

My DH is also type 1 diabetic- which I just read an article about how there is a potential for more DNA damage (and more Miscarriage) ..I asked me doctor about this and she said it wasn't a factor. ...ugh..distress...

I think some Dr's still stick to the wait 3 months but recent research has shown that after one previous mc it doesn't increase your risk of a second. Your risk increases if you've had 2 or more though. My GP recommended we wait 1 month for dating purposes but that there was no reason we couldn't start trying right away. I had a natural mc too. The EPU said exactly the same.

It can be different advice if you've had a d&c incase your lining isn't thick enough straight away. The Miscarriage Association website has been a big help for me just finding out what is current guidelines.

I feel a lot different this pregnancy, a lot more positive. I still worry but so far we've had a scan and I've heard the heartbeat so so far so good. Just proof so far that it doesn't increase your risks of any further problems.

I imagine a lot of doctors stick to the old 3-month rule because they don't really know what the risks are (if there are any) and REALLY don't want you to miscarry again really soon so try to put off that possibility. But I don't think the risk is any higher, especially if you miscarried naturally. When I had a follow-up ultrasound to make sure everything had passed, my lining was thicker than usual, and my first period was much heavier than usual (we tried but didn't hit it the first time), so that tells me that there was nothing wrong with my uterine lining as far as ttc.

The main thing my doctor said was that my body would decide -- if it was hormonally out of whack, it wouldn't achieve pregnancy in the first place. If it recovered quickly and got pregnant again (which is what happened), then it's saying that everything is fine. I've even heard that the elevated progesterone levels post-m/c can make you more likely to sustain a pregnancy, but that's certainly not a guarantee.

HI, I had a 5 week MC on the 23rd Feb and had my bloods done on 25th and the Dr said they were back down already. I did OPK starting on day 10 from start of bleeding and OV'd on day 17 - which was really painful, more than normal. I am now 11 days PO and desperate to know what is going on. Have been doing HPT since 8days PO but nothing yet although I could swear i I tilted it the right way this morning and squinted there was a shadow lol. But if you can get some OPK's -cheap as chips of the internet they are worth getting and we BD every other day from day 10. Will keep you posted, but don't think you can't OV straight after. Fingers crossed and baby dust to you all - Horrid waiting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->