TTC after Methotrexate shot

So ahould I take that for just trying to get pregnant or take it through the whole pregnancy as well? And should I take folate on top of that instead of folic acid?

If you don't have the mutation folic acid will work, but folate is still better. ;)

I'm not sure if I do. How do I find out? Or would I have known?

I'm not sure if I do. How do I find out? Or would I have known?

Your doctor can do a test. I wouldn't worry about it too much, honestly. Just take folate instead of folic acid and if you do have it that will take care of it. :D

So folate not folic acid?? I didn't know this. Ugh

Folate is naturally found in food, folic acid is synthetic, and therefore not as good.

I don't remember how much of that I took either. I only worried about it to get my levels back up after MTX. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure I get enough from food. I love spinach, lettuce, broccoli and oranges, and eat a lot of them. :) I just bought some and took it according to the bottle's instructions.

Come to think of it, and it didn't hit me at the time and certainly wasn't intentional, but after each time I had MTX I ate like 5 times more oranges than normal! LOL I could go through a 5lb bag of those cuties or halos oranges by myself in less than a week!

Ok awesome! I think I'll go buy some today!!! Some oranges and one bottle of folate just in case because I don't eat a bunch of the other stuff lol. I like broccoli and lettuce just isn't in my system a lot.

PHP:
How long did everyone wait TTC??

Next cycle after the ectopic betas were back to 0. Basically, one AF after, because I'd gotten AF before getting back to 0 and O'd right after getting back to 0.

well my situation was a little more complicated with the cervical - I had stitches in my cervix for 6 weeks after the surgery so we couldn't even BD until last week of June - right after I O'ed. so we tried last week in July. Ectopic was terminated May 11.

All of this makes me want to try this month but I'm not sure if I should .. It would be 7 weeks since MTX

So how many weeks after MTX?

My second ectopic I actually started bleeding the day BEFORE getting the MTX, so was back to TTC the cycle that started 4 weeks later.

Looks like with my first ectopic I was back to TTC the same cycle my beta had gotten back to 0. I had even taken Clomid. AF showed up 2 weeks after my 2nd shot (betas kept rising after the first one).

The most important thing to consider is folate. DO NOT start taking supplements before hcg is back to 0, last thing you want is for it to start going up again (which is unlikely once it has started falling, but to be safe). Give your body time to build levels back up, which won't take long at all.

Yeah mine were at 0 like 3 -4 weeks ago so after that was done I had started taking folic acid

What if I have he mutation and don't know I have it and try? That's what I'm thinking of now. Cause I could be taking folic acid for nothing

What if I have he mutation and don't know I have it and try? That's what I'm thinking of now. Cause I could be taking folic acid for nothing

You're still getting folate from food. Just switch moving forward and you'll be fine. Odds are you don't have it, it's just something to be aware of.

Alright. Thank you!! Everyone is so much help :) I will keep everyone updated. And congratulations on your BFP! Sorry I haven't said that yet herding momma!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->