TTC after Methotrexate shot

We decided to TTC this month. So I think I'll be ovulating next week if my cycle is regular :)

Had another good u/s Monday! HB 145, measured perfectly! Looking more and more like a rainbow!

https://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y420/June2014/HerdingMomma/BabyD7w1d_zpslwffeec3.jpg

Awh herding momma. That's a awesome picture. Couldn't be any more perfect :). How often are you getting scans?

Thanks!

Awh herding momma. That's a awesome picture. Couldn't be any more perfect :). How often are you getting scans?

I'll have another one next Tuesday. If that one also goes well, I expect the RE will release me to my OB. He typically wants to see me at about 9-10 weeks, and he did an u/s at that first appt at 9.5 weeks 2 years ago (when we found my first angel's heart had stopped 2 weeks earlier). I have wondered if he noticed something during the exam that concerned him, even though he said everything was right on track before asking if I wanted the u/s.

Yeah if he did I don't understand why they don't say anything. It's your body and your baby. But it's so exciting seeing people have a healthy pregnant after heart ache. We all deserve it!

Hi there, I'm new here and am wanting to connect with some people who are going through the same thing as I am. I have a methotrexate shot on Sept 23 for an ovarian ectopic. I got back to 0 Oct 21 and started my period the same day. I had an appointment with my OB today, but it wasn't very helpful. My big question was when can we try again. I've read so many conflicting answers to this, I was wanting her to give me a real answer or at least which version of the information she believes. Instead I got a vague wait awhile, and when I pushed for more she said we could try now or in December, but the miscarriage risk might be higher. I know we will at least wait this cycle--I should ovulate in a few days and that is way too soon! Has anyone been given better information? Thanks so much!

Welcome lleah , I'm sorry that you had to go through this :(. It is not easy. Everyone gets different answers. I got 12 weeks after methotrexate. I have talked to a lot of ladies here and lots say they were advised jut one cycle. And you have to be taking folic acid after you get back to 0. I took that for about 6-7 weeks and finally got my period and we decided to give it a GO on our own. Even though it has only been about 8 weeks or so after methotrexate. I was feeling great and that's why I advised against waiting 12 weeks. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. This site is very helpful. Very positive people :).

Hi there, I'm new here and am wanting to connect with some people who are going through the same thing as I am. I have a methotrexate shot on Sept 23 for an ovarian ectopic. I got back to 0 Oct 21 and started my period the same day. I had an appointment with my OB today, but it wasn't very helpful. My big question was when can we try again. I've read so many conflicting answers to this, I was wanting her to give me a real answer or at least which version of the information she believes. Instead I got a vague wait awhile, and when I pushed for more she said we could try now or in December, but the miscarriage risk might be higher. I know we will at least wait this cycle--I should ovulate in a few days and that is way too soon! Has anyone been given better information? Thanks so much!

Skipping this cycle and TTC again after you get your next AF would be in line with what my RE told me to do. It still took 5 months to get pregnant again, but we were back to TTC after one full cycle post MTX.

Lleah,
So sorry to hear of your losses. I was treated with methotrexate on 10/3 at just under 6 weeks pregnant and am still waiting to get back to zero. I did meet with my dr about two weeks ago and she told me once I get back to zero, I should immediately start taking my prenatals along with an extra dose of folic acid, wait to have two periods. A BARE minimum of one full cycle, and then we could try again. She highly recommends two because A. it gives your body time to build up the folic acid and repair lost vitamins, etc... B. allows for the mass to resolve itself, thereby reducing your chance of having another ectopic back to back... I hope this helps.
Thanks.

So before methotrexate I had very regular periods 28 days. I had my first period October 9th. And as of yesterday it was 28th day. And still no period. Has anyone had two periods and did they go straight back to normal or did it take awhile. I'm worried that maybe I'm not ovulating too? Does anyone have advice.

So before methotrexate I had very regular periods 28 days. I had my first period October 9th. And as of yesterday it was 28th day. And still no period. Has anyone had two periods and did they go straight back to normal or did it take awhile. I'm worried that maybe I'm not ovulating too? Does anyone have advice.

It's very normal for cycles to be a bit wonky after a loss.

I thought once I had my one normal period it would be back to normal ? Cause I'm 3 days late now.

Unfortunately, that's not always the case. I hope things get back to normal soon!

I wonder if I should call the doctor or just let it be? I'm just not sure how much longer I should wait. And my cervix is super high I can barely reach it.

I've also been feeling really hot in my face. Like my head has a fever or something like for a week . Cause the rest of my body is fine. It's so strange

Have you POAS? Did you chart and know when you ovulated? Or if you have? I don't think it warrants a call to the doctor, as unpredictable cycles are normal after a loss, unless, of course, you've got another BFP on your hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->