TTC and making holiday plans

jaspie

Reaction score
Hi all,

What are your views on making holiday plans when TTC? Most of mine and OH's friends are turning 30 next year and in the last week I've already had 2 invitations to birthday weekends in Amsterdam! One for March and one for October so I could potentially have just given birth by Oct and be unable to go.

Normal holidays with OH or friends I would still book and go ahead with, but these 2 holidays will be full of partying and i would almost definitely be the only pregnant person there. If I'm pregnant by then of course!
I don't want to book and feel bound but i don't want to give it a miss and then miss out if I'm not pregnant and it will be a reminder that i am not yet pregnant too.
Atm I'm going to decline the one in Oct as it's too far ahead to think about and I don't know her that well anyway and I'm veering towards not going on the March one as it's a hostel known for partying (it's so fun I've stayed there before!) although OH is going too and has offered to get a hotel with me if I'm pregnant which could work and would be fab! Must explore this option!
How do you guys deal with future plans that might not work so well if you were pregnant?

I'm in the same situation!

I'm possibly going away in May & am trying to stall the booking till next weekend when I can test!

Either way I think I'll still go, just possibly pregnant!!

Hard isn't it! If it wasn't such a party weekend I would go but i know what it'll be like!
My best friends are thinking they might not go either so maybe we could do something nice in the UK that weekend like go to for spa weekend or something. It's lovely of OH to offer to get a hotel with me but I don't want him to miss out on the hostel fun with the boys though he'll say he doesn't care! Think I will decline and then either do something with the girls here or make my own way there and stay in a hotel if pregnant and OH can join me if he likes.

I totally get this! Our friends are planning a Vegas trip in January and I'd love to go but I'd love to be pregnant by then too. I don't want to spend all the money to not go and have fun but I don't want life to just pass me by either. I haven't found a balance yet

Ive just booked and paid in full for a family holiday to Turkey for 2 weeks in july. I was reluctant but I decided I cant put our lives on hold forever. Naturally, im now panicking that we've caught this cycle :wacko:

My boyfriend and I are going on a mini-vacation in December and my cycle has been a little irregular, making it so that I will most likely be in my first 2 week wait at that time instead of ovulating, as we had planned originally! I've decided not to allow that to deter me, I just wont party it up as eagerly as I had in mind. The worst thing about it is the resort we're staying at has the most amazing super-hot hot tubs, fed by a natural hot spring. As someone who is perpetually cold, I live for those hot tubs! I will most likely have to pass on them this time. Sigh.

We are also taking a tropical vacation in the spring. We have never taken a "real" vacation together and I'm determined to make this trip work whether I'm pregnant or not. I do get where you're coming from though, Jaspie, Amsterdam is a bit different from a lazy sun vacation. I think you should still consider taking your OH up on his offer of the hotel in March. I'm sure it would be fab, and if he says he doesn't mind, believe him! It might not end up being the type of vacation you would typically take in Amsterdam, but it will still give the two of you a chance to get away and still enjoy the trip in other ways. If I were you, I'd go for it.

Oooh leggiero your December holiday sounds fab! Shame about the hot tubs but there will be other times. Good news you'll be ovulating earlier than you thought though I guess!

Yeah I might take OH up on offer of hotel we'll see, I'm going to delay as long as poss! Might just do something with the girls instead and go away with OH separately another time so he can have time with the boys in Amsterdam!

We conceived #2 far earlier than expected so I ended up being pregnant for our week long cruise rather than TTC during! I still had a wonderful time, I'm not much of a drinker anyway so it didn't bother me in the slightest to not indulge. Only slight disappointments were not being able to enjoy the hot tubs and some of the fresh seafood.

This time around, we were planning a Disney trip for Sept 2015 that we've decided to postpone until 2016 and buy a new van instead. I'm fine with being pregnant on the trip, but did not want to take a newborn. As of right now, if this cycle 'catches' then I would be due August 2015 so the baby would potentially be only 4 weeks old. The big trip will have to wait.

Of course, I will be terribly disappointed if it gets close and we're still TTC but oh, well.

Life is for living!
One thing LTTTC has taught me is that I don't put off plans because I might be pregnant. Book with a deposit and then you can cancel if you need to. We have holidays booked in March and November 2015
Carpe diem - seize the day!

I totally agree with you Laura, after 23 cycles I have to think of my children and actually having a life beyond ttc. It takes over and consumes every aspect

Thanks guys, i agree with you about not putting life on hold. Would be wasting time! I hope you get your bfps soon :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->