TTC baby #1 -Hoping to find some buddies :-)

It blows my mind to see how many people here have a tough time with their relationship with their mother. I can totally understand because I am going through the same thing. I have distanced myself from her for personal reasons, and evrnthough I know I am doing three right thing, I can't help but be sad. I would love to have my mother as a friend, but right now it just isn't like that and I have to accept that this is my reality for today.

I agree with you fitmommy. It is very sad and unfortunate that our mothers can't be the ones we want them to be :( I'm starting to believe that it's got something to do with us ttc. Seems to be what we all have in common...

It blows my mind to see how many people here have a tough time with their relationship with their mother. I can totally understand because I am going through the same thing. I have distanced myself from her for personal reasons, and evrnthough I know I am doing three right thing, I can't help but be sad. I would love to have my mother as a friend, but right now it just isn't like that and I have to accept that this is my reality for today.

Ugh I'm sorry you're also going through this. My mum just likes to be in control of everything and since I'm no longer at home (or in the same province) I think she feels like she can say and do whatever because she hates that she has no control over me anymore. My brother is a momma's boy and she is much nicer and easy gong with him...

I agree with you fitmommy. It is very sad and unfortunate that our mothers can't be the ones we want them to be :( I'm starting to believe that it's got something to do with us ttc. Seems to be what we all have in common...

My mum doesn't know I'm ttc (and will bever know) she's just not the kind of mum you can just talk to. I remember telling her once that naybe we'd start tryng for a baby and she immedatly said "oh no don't do that, don't rush it". "wait until x y z" etc. Sorry you don't decide what I do with my life. My DH is on the way to making partner at his firm, we are very stable and know what's best...

I think the main thing with her is she realises she cannot control my life anymore and that makes her act the way she does...

You're right: Control is what they miss and now they can't have it, they retaliate by being rude to us...::sigh:: Well maybe we'll be stronger because of it, who knows!

Hopefully! Right now it is really bringing me down. Ugh. Like I said my DH jokingly forbids me from calling her unless it's been 2-3 weeks lol. I fon't think I mentioned here that my grandmum is really sick and honestly could pass away anytime now - Apparently something happened to her recently and mum said she would e-mail me with an update as she doesn't want to discuss it over the phone...that was over a week ago. :wacko: I'm going hone soon and maybe the news can wait, but she made it seem like something really awful over the phone. I just want to know!

Aww I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother Hausfrau :( I hope you get an email update soon, before you get on the plane. That isn't fair of your mother not to update you on your grandmother's condition, especially since you were close to her...

She's been declining for a long time now (she is now in the end stages of Alzheimers and renal failure). I asked her if she's in the hospital, and she said no. So hopefully she was just exaggeratng about things. I just don't get how she can't take 5 minutes to e-mail me :( I'm not gong home for another few weeks. Argh

On a happier note I find out my lab results soon (3 weeks)! I'm hoping my Doc has some answers for me! I know I've talked about this before, but I am excited! Lol

Hey Hausfrau, How have you been? Have you gone to your mother's yet? Did AF get you?

Hey Fitmommy -- how are things going with you? BFP yet? :)

I'm good thanks! How are you?

I had my blood test today so I should know if my hormones are out of whack soon. I see my Doc in 2 weeks :) AF got me a few days ago - had a 57 day cycle! :wacko:

I'm going home in a few weeks, but I did find out that my grandmum is doing okay at the moment (so glad to have finally heard something!)

Fitmommy you should be able to test soon right? :)

Hey Hasufrau!
I hope your hormones aren't out of whack :( GL for the test results
Aw glad you got some news about your grandmum -- was it your mom who told you?

AFM - As you know, I didn't chart this cycle (taking a break) and now I wish I was because I took an HPT 15 days after the (+) OPK like the SMEP method said, and BFN. So today I took one and BFN as well! Normally the OPK package tells you that you are fertile for 2 days after you get that (+) OPK, right? 2 days including the day you get the positive? If so, then the latest I o'd was the 16th of April, and I normally have a 12 day luteal phase so that means I would expect my period on the 29th of April. But I have this strong feeling that I ov'd on the 15th so that would make me 2 days late today. I usually check my cervix to tell me definitively if AF is on the way and if she is, the cervix is open and very soft. I just checked like 2 minutes ago and it is CLOSED! And there is creamy CM (lots, was like lotion on my finger) Sorry if TMI guys...i just need to get this out lol. My husband says "It's baby!" but I am not so sure since I did get a BFN this morning with fmu and I tested friday (27th) and same thing. If I knew my real dpo I could determine if it is too early to test or just in time! Arrrghhh! Help!

I mean, 3 days late if I ov'd on th 15th, and the cervix is closed AND firm

RCAFWife,
How's it going? No BFP or BFN yet. We haven't tested...going crazy waiting. Almost tested today but we know it is way too early. Had the insemmination on the 24th...

@Hausfrau, how are you? What's new ladies???

The 2ww is the worst. I hate the waiting! What day will you guys test fitmommy? What do you do to help keep your mind off of wanting to poas?

I didn't test again today....I'm pretty sure AF is here because almost right after I wrote my last post, I saw light pink when I wiped :( So on to the next cycle! I'm not planning to do anything special, just dtd if we have the time lol. ::sigh::

RCAFWife,
How's it going? No BFP or BFN yet. We haven't tested...going crazy waiting. Almost tested today but we know it is way too early. Had the insemmination on the 24th...

@Hausfrau, how are you? What's new ladies???

When is the earliest you can test? So excited for you! :)

I'm good, just getting ready to go home (Nova Scotia) for a few weeks :)

The 2ww is the worst. I hate the waiting! What day will you guys test fitmommy? What do you do to help keep your mind off of wanting to poas?

I didn't test again today....I'm pretty sure AF is here because almost right after I wrote my last post, I saw light pink when I wiped :( So on to the next cycle! I'm not planning to do anything special, just dtd if we have the time lol. ::sigh::

:( I forget, how many cycles have you been ttc?

14 months ttc, 2 months ntnp, and now that all ends today. I give up. I've gone down all the paths to ttc, knocked on all the doors, and all slammed shut tightly in my face. So I'm gonna go ahead and take that as a sign that it's over for me, or at least it's not my time now, so I should go and focus my energies on something else that's important to me like getting a job that doesn't involve wearing an ugly uniform and a name tag :p

My period showed up today and put me in bed with 3 heating pads, 3 different kinds of pills and 8 hours with pain...so I had all that time to "reflect" as it were, and realized that I will either end up with ulcers and roaming the streets or in a straight jacket if i continue on this ttc road, so I am quitting. Sorry for the debby downer rant but I really am down. And i"ve found the reason for my sadness and it's ttc - especially watching AF come every cycle.

I'm sorry that I'm making this about me because you guys are also going through this, but I thought I'd let you know just in case you were looking for me online. I wish you both all the best in your ttc endeavors and hope you can become mothers very very soon!

RCAFWife,
Sometimes it takes just that. Surrender. It will happen when it is meant to happen, I truly do believe that. Stress has a HUGE impact on ttc...now that you have let it go, miracles will happen, I can feel it. Keep your head up. xox

14 months ttc, 2 months ntnp, and now that all ends today. I give up. I've gone down all the paths to ttc, knocked on all the doors, and all slammed shut tightly in my face. So I'm gonna go ahead and take that as a sign that it's over for me, or at least it's not my time now, so I should go and focus my energies on something else that's important to me like getting a job that doesn't involve wearing an ugly uniform and a name tag :p

My period showed up today and put me in bed with 3 heating pads, 3 different kinds of pills and 8 hours with pain...so I had all that time to "reflect" as it were, and realized that I will either end up with ulcers and roaming the streets or in a straight jacket if i continue on this ttc road, so I am quitting. Sorry for the debby downer rant but I really am down. And i"ve found the reason for my sadness and it's ttc - especially watching AF come every cycle.

I'm sorry that I'm making this about me because you guys are also going through this, but I thought I'd let you know just in case you were looking for me online. I wish you both all the best in your ttc endeavors and hope you can become mothers very very soon!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Please keep checking in here! :)

We're both here for you and you are more then welcome to rant/complain/whatever here :) Has your Doctor not been supportive? Maybe try elsewhere? After a year they should be doing something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->