TTC baby number #1

Hi I am new to this post and was wondering if any one could help me. I have been ttc for 8months now and have recently just been referred to the gyno but could take anything up to 44 weeks :(, I have had my blood took on day 21 and came back that I ovulated. I am unsure why I havnnt got pregnant yet?? So I done the stupit thing and bought clomid online and took it that cycle there day 2 to 6 and have been taking opk kits but havnt. A positive yet I got a fade line on wednesday then on thursday it was negative does that mean I have ovulated please help so desperate xxx

Hi digi welcome to the thread :)

Sorry your going through such a roller coaster of a time trying TTC

Sorry I'm not sure if I can really help but maybe one of the other lovely ladies on here might. But your more than welcome to stay in this thread everyone's lovely and help where we can :)

Do you have any thing like PCOS? Does your DR know you have started to take clomid?

Hope you get a BFP soon

Xxx

Hi kalia thank you so much for welcoming me yes I told him I got clomid from the internet and he only said about the multiple births so I didn't think it would be that much of a risk. And no I don't think so I havnt had any tests done at all except blood work on day 21 do you know anything about the opk kits xxxx

Well me and a couple of others on here have just bought some OPKs of amazon just the cheapie ones but they have better reviews then the expensive ones I'm going to be trying mine out on my next cycle...

Xxxx

Yeah I got them off amazon aswell called one step ovulation tests the green ones ?xxxx

I know iv probably asked this before but what vitamins are everyone taking?

I'm taking folic acid and a muti vitamin and iv just bough bassets soft & chewy healthy balance skin and hormone balance vitamins that help with regulation of hormonal activity and helps build energy and lately I'm so tired I think it's because I'm always on different shifts like the start of this week I was on days then last night I was on a 5-2 at night and tonight I start at 11pm till 7am.

Iv just read on a website that people who take multi vitamin and folic acid like pregnacare have fallen pregnant quicker than people who just take folic acid.

Iv also just been looking on amazon at different vitamins and came across a lubricant called conceive plus that makes the sperm live longer and a lot of the reviews on there have been from people who have been trying a while used that and conceived after just a month and some after a few months some may be by coincidence but surely not all of them... Xxxx

I just took one there and there's a faint positive but I also got a fant positive the other day aswell so confused!xxxx

Are due to ovulate I would BD just to be on the safe side over the next few days :) xxx

It says on a online calculator I should ovulate between the 4th and 9th so just going to BD all week or all month to make sure I don't miss it lol is this your first month?xxxx

Kalia I'm not taking any vitamins at all so I would be interested to hear what other people are taking! I'm jus going to use the OPK kit next cycle to try and pin point ovulation because I know that so far me and the OH haven't been timing BDing which will have a major factor in why we haven't conceived.

Welcome digi to the thread I hope we can help you :) can I ask, what do you mean by a faint positive on the OPK? Because I am using one step aswell and it says that a faint second line is actually a negative and that it is only positive if the second line is as dark or darker than the control line. It's just I've seen on a lot of the reviews people have been talking about faint positives and I'm not really sure what they mean by that :S

Also ladies I found some interesting information online today about how to check if AF if on its way (only for those of you who aren't too squeemish). When AF is about to arrive, your cervix will feel low and hard, apparently it will feel like the tip of your nose. I tried this out for myself and mine feels low and hard now so AF is defo on its way. Just want it to hurry up so I can get it over and done with!! X

Yeah the vitamins is something I'm really interested in what other people are taking doctors said folic acid is a must so I'm taking that no matter what it's just the other stuff I'm not sure what else to take xxx

Hi tess I am not sure either I am so confused as I looked up google images for one step opk and none of the positive is really clear, on wednesday I got positive well the closest positive iv ever had then yesterday I got a negative 2 and today it looks like its kind of positive again so confused with these opks so I'm just bding every day to make sure I don't miss it :( xxxx

Hi digi, welcome to our little corner of Baby and Bump! I'm sorry but the only experience I have of Clomid is my friend who conceived triplets on her 1st cycle of taking it but she was under the fertility consultant.

Kalia I'm taking pregnacare and 5mg folic acid....if ur prescription is of the normal 0.4mg then u can prob find it cheaper....What dose are the £1 ones? Xxx

Hi guys! Welcome to the thread digi!
Did my first opk today- bfn which I thought it would be so just waiting now til I get a positive, should be mid next week according to app on my phone. Will be interesting to see if the app gets it right! As its my first month using opks I got the clear blue ones so they are easy to read but they are mega expensive so if you guys get on well with the amazon ones I might try those next cycle! This ttc business is more expensive than I realised!

In terms of vits I am taking a pregnancy multi vitamin. Folic acid plus other stuff that is supposed to be good for ttc. This is stupid question but for all you ladies taking vitamins are your tablets massive? The ones I am taking are like horse pills or something, they are horrible to swallow!!! They need to invent gummie prenatals that taste nice!!!

Tess, get yourself on the Folic acid at least....It's the only thing I will say u HAVE to do now....

The normal recommended dose for Folic acid is 0.4mg which is in most prenatal vitamins.....I spoke to my doctor and because I have close family members with Cleft palette conditions he has prescribed me onto the highest possible dose of 5mg.

Xxx

Snuffle pop my pregnacare are huuuuuuge lol.

Digi, all I know is what everyone else on here does....I have the amazon one step ones....I'm brand new at ttc myself....only been trying since 13th June :)

Xxx

My folic acid are tiny it's says on tub 400g which is same as my prescription my multi vits are bit bigger n the hormone balance ones are gummy yummy ones I could munch a whole pack but obv I don't haha, I might try pregnicare next month... Ohh I might try that cervix thing Monday if AF has not shown I feel so weird today I'm doing the house work and when ever I bend down I get little dizzy and my left side feels weird like so strange I don't want to tell OH how I'm feeling cuz if AF comes next month if I get any weird feelings his guna be like yeah but you felt weird last month n you wasn't lol so I'm trying my best to not think into anything to much.

What phone app does every one use?

How's everyone feeling today? Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back