TTC clomid babies...

Angel- i agree with awesome, i think you ovulated later and the bloodwork next week will showtry not to get too down. Its so frustrating though!

Awesome- we've actually been bd'ing every day. I know they say every other day is best but i just felt like i didn't want to waste any days and hubby didn't seem to mind! Lol my nurse practitioner had wanted me to use crinone progesterone cream after ovulation. Its more precationary than anything. I haven't been doing it the last few months but this month I'm trying to do everything right.

Babysmile- when will you test again?

Thanks girls. I highly doubt a late ovulation as my temps are showing no signs whatever. Ive had watery CM for ages though and I have no idea what the smilies were!!! I guess my PCOS playing tricks? Bizarre.

I will go back Thursday and have bloods then I am sure they will increase the dose to 150mg. I am dreading my mood swings on it after the way I felt with 100mg!!!

@ Mouse. The nurses words were 'theres not much going on there at all really!' so I dont think they are hopeful either :dohh:

Thanks for your support ladies :flower:

@Babyssmile - have you tested again yet? Any symptoms? Still got my fingers crossed for you!

@Mks - we bd every day too. Cant do any harm, surely!?

@Awesome - I used preseed when ttc son #2. I still say it helped. Good luck!

loadsa :dust: for you all! :hugs:

Hi girls how are you???
I haven't tested yet, I'm too scared. I am going to wait maybe a couple of days. AF is due today & there are no signs of her, I usually have horrible cramping for almost a week before she shows. So I'm already trying to prepare myself for the whole provera scenario again . :( I'm not even positive for this cycle. I feel nothing!!!! No symptoms whatsoever so we'll see.

Awesome : I'm glad you are ok. ;) & happy to hear ur going to be trying again soon.

Mouse : Hi you mentioned nothing happening till you where on 150mg of Clomid, how long did it take them to up your dosage to that? I am a little scared because I will be on 150mg & it will b my 3rd cycle I worry about hyperstimulation & these things . It feels like I only have so much left to try. :(

Angel : I definitely think you can have a late ovulation. I know a girl who was on Clomid 50mg & she only ovulated on CD48. She had been trying for 8 months, then on her first. Cycle with Clomid she got pregnant, but she ovulated really late!!!!!!

Mks: for some reason I feel this is it for you. I also be everyday lol! At first it's tiring but then it's like you get in the rhythm & you look foward to it right? I know my hubby had a blast! Lol

This round of Babydust is on me!!! :) <3

Mks-how come you're using progesterone cream-do you have short Luteal phase?

Angel-295 is above baseline so don't lose hope, perhaps it'll happen late. Are they going to increase you to 150mg next cycle?

Babysmile-I had one round at 50mg, then next at 100mg, then last round at 150mg and that's when I ovulated. I'm not worried about as it was fine last cycle-I'm more worried about not ovulating to be honest! So I assume you haven't ovulated on 100mg?

I'm going for bloods on fri (day 14) just to see if it looks like I'll ovulate-I can't stand to wait another week!!

Mks-how come you're using progesterone cream-do you have short Luteal phase?

Angel-295 is above baseline so don't lose hope, perhaps it'll happen late. Are they going to increase you to 150mg next cycle?

Babysmile-I had one round at 50mg, then next at 100mg, then last round at 150mg and that's when I ovulated. I'm not worried about as it was fine last cycle-I'm more worried about not ovulating to be honest! So I assume you haven't ovulated on 100mg?

I'm going for bloods on fri (day 14) just to see if it looks like I'll ovulate-I can't stand to wait another week!!

Thanks, hunni :flower: What is the baseline you are talking about? Yes, I think that they will bump it straight up to 150mg if my levels are still completely pants! :dohh: I just want to get started on it now!

Good luck for cd14 bloodwork! Will keep my fingers crossed for you! :hugs:

Mouse- i have no idea if i do, i had one really odd cycle, i asked if progesterone was something i should consider and was told it wouldn't hurt anything to use it. I work in an ob/gyn office and we had samples so I've been using it but the last 2 cycles i haven't really been using it. I figured this cycle i would just for the hell of it. Good luck with your bloodwork!

Babysmile- thanks for the positive vibes! Im feeling very positive as well but im trying to not get too far ahead of myself. I've been having a little cramping here and there. Im a little confused though, so i had my first smiley thurs night and my last smiley was saturday morning. I got my negative sat night. So what do i count as my first dpo?? Friday? Have you tested again yet??? You're my role model for self control!

Angel- im still thinking you ovulated late! Hows your temping going?

Hi ladies... So no AF today on the projected date. But cannot have this to get my hopes up because last cycle this also happened. Will probably test tomorrow or Thursday.

Mks - I never used the opks with the smiley, but when I used the first response I count the day after the last positive opk as ovulation and the next day as my first dpo. For example if I get pos opks on fri & sat... I count sunday as ovulation day & Monday as my first day past ovulation. I don't know if this is accurate but it's how I do it. I'm glad I inspired u! Lol I've only been strong this cycle though cuz on my first cycle I almost drove myself crazy... I started testing 8dpo till 20 dpo! I never want to go through that again.
O btw... Ur sooo lucky to work at an ob/gyn office..I woukd flood them with questions!!! Lol

Mouse - I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has been upped every cycle I was starting to think my doc was crazy. I'm not sure if I'm ovulating or not since I'm not monitored. By the opks I ovulated on 50mg... Not sure about 100. :/ keep us updated on your results this week. ;)

Hi ladies, does anyone get crazy high temps on clomid? Every other cycle has been fine but this one they're waaaay higher, this morning was 36.77 and I'm usually around 36.25.

Angel-mine were consistently around 150 for ages, then on 100mg it went to 350 and they said that was above baseline. So I'm not sure what the baseline limit is but I would've thought 295 was above it-but perhaps not or perhaps they compare to your individual levels from previous cycles. I didn't ovulate on that cycle though, when I did it was about 1700.

Hi girls! Hope everyone has a good day! Checked with my doctor and she said she wouldn't do a progesterone level on me since i didn't take the clomid this cycle. She said progesterone levels are only checked when on clomid to make sure the dosage is right, makes sense but i was really looking forward to having it checked just to be sure. Oh well!

Babysmile- so i guess sunday would be my 1 dpo since my last smiley was on sat morning. This is so confusing! Lol

mks - in the instructions it actually states that ovulation occurs 12-36 hrs after the smiley, so like babysmile i check 1dpo 2 days after my smiley.
That is seriously cool that you work at an obgyn office...i would b like babysmile too and flood them wit questions lol

Babysmile, fingers crossed for u!!!! Even if no bfp, i'm hoping that at least af arrives....i absolutely hate the situation of bfn and no af

How is everyone else today?

Haha it is pretty convenient working there but i try to not ask too many questions! I don't want to bombard the docs, lol i could sit there forever just picking their brains about this stuff!

Hope everyone is doing good!

I just read a BUNCH of your posts... the topics are exactly what I have been thinking about lately! Hope you don't mind if I join...
I am on my first round of clomid cd5-9 and I am currently on day 27, 10dpo.

Do most of you use :) ov tests? I have been using the lines lastel and I cannot seem to see a positive! Sometimes, the test line is def darker than the day before, but never as dark or darker as the control line! :wacko: ughh.

I'm also curious to hear about ppls day 21 prog test as I just had mine last thurs and it was at 165!! So, if I really did ov on day17, that was actually only 4dpo... so wouldn't the # be lower, not higher?! A nurse at my fert cinic said that 165 is normal when medicated.
Thanks and looking forward to chatting with all of you!!

This may be a dumb question... but have you taken a pg test lately? I just thought bc your temps have been going up (and higher than normal) and it looks like your af was quite short/light?... it's just a thought;) Or is the short period bc of the clomid maybe?
My temps seem to be fairly similar to previous cycles, but more smooth and consistent on clomid, instead of jumping up and down like some. Some of mine had high temps in the mid of my follicular stage, but then they came back down to normal right before ov... idk.

Hi ladies, does anyone get crazy high temps on clomid? Every other cycle has been fine but this one they're waaaay higher, this morning was 36.77 and I'm usually around 36.25.

Angel-mine were consistently around 150 for ages, then on 100mg it went to 350 and they said that was above baseline. So I'm not sure what the baseline limit is but I would've thought 295 was above it-but perhaps not or perhaps they compare to your individual levels from previous cycles. I didn't ovulate on that cycle though, when I did it was about 1700.

Hi Bella and welcome! I do use the smiley opks, trying to decipher those lines was too much for me! I don't temp though, i keep thinking i'll try it but never do! I haven't had my progesterone level checked on day 21 when i was on clomid. IF this month doesn't happen for us, next month i'll do clomid and def have it checked then.

Hi girls & welcome Bella!
So get ready this will b a long one lol
So far no AF & all I get is BFN.
I had a long talk with my doctor yesterday & I had to hear some pretty hard news. I mean its nothing I didn't suspect but its harder when you hear it. Reason why AF is not showing is because Clomid isn't making me ovulate. Of course that makes perfect sense & I kinda guessed that already but it's hard to hear. So there are a few change of plans & before he ups my dosage to 150 he's going to include metformin & estrogen pills.
Well see what happens now. I'm so disappointed that my body won't even work with Clomid.
I'm also thinking of buying a clear blue fertility monitor. It's costly but I feel like its worth it if it works. Any of you ladies use this??!
Have any of you taken estrogen? Ughhhhhhhhh today is not an easy day

Babysmile, So sorry to hear your news!! :hugs: just wondering... Had you done a day 21 progesterone test to confirm ov this time? Or is there another way the dr could tell it was annovulatory, other than your af not arriving?

Babysmile- sorry to hear that! I think its common for some dosages to not work for some girls, everyone is different, its just whatever your body needs. What exactly is the fertility monitor, does it check for more than the lh surge?

Hows everyone doing? So i lost the battle to not test and of course i did it way too early at 6dpo, yesterday. Lol i think i almost feel better doing it too early, i know thats its too early so i can't really go by the results, and i get to feed my poas addiction! I have one more frer so I'm trying my best to wait until wed when i'll be 11dpo.

awww babysmile, so sorry to hear bout your news. :hugs:
i've seen ppl who dont ovulate on clomid, try femera and it worked! i dont know too much about it but maybe you can ask your doc what he thinks.
i've never taken estrogen pills...what did they say it's for?

welcome bella :wave:...that progesterone level sounds great!!! when are you going to test

mks, fingers crossed to wed testing!!!!!! i'm so excited

as for me, even though we werent actively trying this cycle, i decided to check my progesterone levels and they were almost non existent!!! it was 0.83!!! which means either the clearblue digital opk gave me a false smiley (which i kind of suspected because when i ejected the stick there was barely a test line) or i got a surge and i didnt ovulate...but at the end of the day i didnt ovulate :shrug: --- i'm not upset at all because this month has been pretty darn stressful but i'm gearing up myself for provera again this month and praying that next mth goes alot better! :thumbup:

Awesome- keeping my fingers crossed for you for next month! Sucks that you didn't ovulate, are you also temping or just using the opks, i can't recall!
So i have no will power and tested again yesterday, 8dpo and BFN. there should be a support group fir poas addicts!

Hi girls, sorry for being away for so long, Ive been super busy!

Welcome Bella - good question about the pg test, however I had bloods before i started this round of clomid and the levels were typical of the very beginning of a cycle, ie low estrogen and low progesterone.

Its probably worth pointing out to the group that when we compare hormone levels they aren't necessarily measured in the same way - I think they use different metrics between US and UK, and even in the UK I know it varies between labs. Just to bare in mind so we dont get confused!

Babysmile - dont worry about not ovulating, at least you know and can be monitored going forwards. It took 150mg for me to ovulate, and Im not even sure that dosage will work this month! Got my day 14 bloods done last week and estrogen was 342, whereas last month at this point in my cycle it was 1700!! They did say that was quite high though. So we'll see what this weeks bloods brings.

Awesome - great that youre staying positive! When do you start clomid again?

mks - 8 dpo is early so there is still a chance youll get that bfp! have you had ovulation confirmed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->