TTC clomid babies...

Bella - you mentioned I may have had a short period becasue of the clomid, can clomid do that? I was wondering why it was so short - only about 3 days. How long are everyone elses ovulatory periods?

Bella - you mentioned I may have had a short period becasue of the clomid, can clomid do that? I was wondering why it was so short - only about 3 days. How long are everyone elses ovulatory periods?

I have no Idea what clomid can do, but I have heard others on here say it changed af length- either longer or shorter.
This is my 1st cycle on it, idk. My af is normally4-5days regularly:)

Hi girls!!! Thank you so much for all the support! ;)

Bella: hi! No I did not take 21 progesterone test. My obgyn does not do monitoring. After a few cycles on Clomid if I do not get preggo he sends me to an RE. So for now we are just going by AF. GL on your first cycle of Clomid!

Mks: 8DPO is definitely too early Girly, font get discouraged!!! I have everything x this is your month!!!!
The clear blue digital monitor Most home ovulation tests identify the 2 Peak Fertility days during your cycle by detecting the surge in Luteinizing Hormone (LH) that triggers ovulation. The Clearblue Fertility Monitor is unique as it tracks 2 hormones to typically identify up to 6 fertile days – it not only shows you your 2 Peak Fertility days, it can also inform most women of an extra 1-5 days of High Fertility prior to their Peak Fertility. Since your partner’s sperm can survive in your body for several days, having sex on all of these days can lead to conception.
The Clearblue Fertility Monitor stores information about your personal hormone patterns and personalizes itself.
Most advanced way of tracking your most fertile days – the only non-invasive method that detects both LH and estrogen hormones
100% natural and non-invasive
Suitable for women with regular and irregular periods (I took this from their site lol)

I read if you have PCOS it might or might not work... But I read a lot of success stories about pcosers who used it so I've decided to invest.

Awesome; my estrogen levels are very low. 54... I don't know exactly what that means lol
When will you start provera? I will start today or tomorrow. Hopefully our cycles can be very close! Are you ok with provera???? To me provera is the devil lol

Mouse: this whole estrogen thing is very confusing. Lol my dic said my estrogen is very low..54...& that borderline is 50... So I will take 3000mg daily. I'm really hoping the side effects are not crazy lol

GL to all you guys!!!! Thanks again for all the support! ;)

Welcome, Bella! That progesterone level is awesome! I just checked what my level was on the cycle I conceived with clomid and it was 62.5! So yours rocks! :happydance:

Babysmile: sorry you didnt ovulate :nope: But it sounds like you've got a fab new plan... I'll watch that space! I have a Clearblue fertility monitor and I have to say it has never worked properly for me. I get all excited to see a 'high' and then I just get lots of them and never the peak. Having said that, the smiley ovulation tests dont work either - I get smileys when I dont even ovulate. Im just pants :dohh:

Mks: Sorry about your BFN. Its still early though. I know girls who havent had BFPs until 17dpo! Chin up! I hear you on the poas addiction. Im awful too. When I fell pregnant last time I took a test every day for about a month after it was confirmed! :dohh:

Awesome : Bring on this cycle! Hope the provera works! Sending :dust:

Mouse: I too am having crazy high temperatures this cycle. :shrug:
I think a 3 day period is fine. Dont worry - I think that its fine and wont have any detrimental effects to this cycle. :hugs:

Im on my last day of 150mg clomid. No such ovary aches like last round. Not much to report side effect wise - bit ratty but I suffered more with 100mg. Not sure if this is good or bad. Time will tell. I would love to be positive but in truth I dont think 150mg is going to make me ovulate either. It was noted in my initial bloodwork that I have a borderline thyroid problem and my prolactin was a bit too high too. :nope:

What a rocky road this is! :wacko:

Angel...
So no luck with the CBFM huh... Did u ever get a smiley on the digital ones? Ate you currently using any type of opks?
I just bought the IC opks...80 of them & 20 hpt cost me 23 bucks... So I will have an abundance of them & may become a POAS addict lol

Mks how many dpo are you today??? I have a feeling this s it!!!

My sis in law just called me yesterday.. To tell me her great news..she preggo after 3 cycles ttc.. I can honestly say I'm super happy for her...she's 35... And had a mc before so I know how important this is for her. I hope I could be preggo soon so we can do fun things together like shopping for baby & stuff... Fingers x!!!!
Today is day 2 on provera.... Then when AF shows will be on Clomid CD3-7... And estradiol cd8-12. I read up on it, it's supposed to help lining & help trigger the hormones that make the egg be matured & released.. So I'm hopeful this might do the trick. I'm also
Back on metformin ... I slacked & ended up not taking it on my first 2 cycles of Clomid .
Think ill use preseed & softcups too... It's so much rite? Ugh when I think about it makes me sad... All these drugs & knicknacks just to get what our body was designed to do!!! Sign... O well I hope I at least ovulate this month.

Babysmile- sounds like you have a good plan for this cycle! How long does it take for your period to come on with the provera? I had to take that only once and got my period i think 7days after taking the last pill. Ive heard that some girls will get their period after a few days of taking it. Oh i know, the things we have to take, pee on and shove up ourselves is crazy! But the end result will so be worth it! Keeping my fingers crossed for you this cycle, that would be nice if you and your sis in law would be pregnant together!
As for me, im now at 10dpo, took a test this morning, bfn. Trying to stay positive but i don't think its going to happen this cycle. Dh went for his semen analysis this morning, hopefully that turns out normal. I actually went ahead and made an appointment for a infertility doctor for next friday to have a consult. Maybe i'll get some good news by the weekend and we won't need to go but if not at least i have our next step planned already!
Hows everyone else doing?? Wheres everyone at with their cycles?

Babysmile - I like your style! Trying a bit of everything and you cant go wrong! I definitely recommend preseed.

Can I ask you why exactly Metformin was prescribed? I was wondering if this might be the route I will have to take... so just wondering?

Thats great news about your SIL! Sounds like a well deserved pregnancy! It would be awesome if you guys were pregnant together so you could go and buy baby stuff together. My SIL was three months behind me but we never did that. I cant even think why not! Sounds like a lovely thing!

Hows everyone else!?!? :hugs:

Babysmile- sounds like you have a good plan for this cycle! How long does it take for your period to come on with the provera? I had to take that only once and got my period i think 7days after taking the last pill. Ive heard that some girls will get their period after a few days of taking it. Oh i know, the things we have to take, pee on and shove up ourselves is crazy! But the end result will so be worth it! Keeping my fingers crossed for you this cycle, that would be nice if you and your sis in law would be pregnant together!
As for me, im now at 10dpo, took a test this morning, bfn. Trying to stay positive but i don't think its going to happen this cycle. Dh went for his semen analysis this morning, hopefully that turns out normal. I actually went ahead and made an appointment for a infertility doctor for next friday to have a consult. Maybe i'll get some good news by the weekend and we won't need to go but if not at least i have our next step planned already!
Hows everyone else doing?? Wheres everyone at with their cycles?

Forward thinking. I like it :thumbup: Good thinking to book the appointment but we all hope you wont need it! PMA!

I finished my clomid yesterday. So Im technically cd 71 (!) as my doc didnt induce periods in between annovulatory clomid cycles but I'm counting day 1 of this clomid meds as cd1 so I am on cd 6. How confusing! :wacko: Been suffering with AWFUL headaches last night and today. I spoke too soon about the lack of side effects :nope:

Mks hi girl! I'm still positive for you too... I've read & heard about girls getting bfn till 14dpo.. And then BAM! BFP! I kmfx for you, especially because u Oed on your own... That's huge! Gotta mean something right?
This is my 3rd time taking provera... The first time it took 8 long days after the last pill for AF to show... That with the seven days of the pill..15on total... Geez I was going crazy thinking it was never going to show... But thankfully it did... The second time I did not take all 7 pills only 4 because I was out of town & forgot them and AF showed the day after the 4th pill... So go figure! Lol I have no idea what this cycle will bring...btw u actually lol with ur comment about all the crazy things we take shove etc... Very funny but true!
Yes it would be really nice if I could be preggo with my SIL.. So FX :)

Hi Angel
Well my doctor said he wanted me to take metformin because it would keep insulin at low levels optimizing my chances to O. He thinks for to PCOS insulin resistance... My body has not been able to ovulate. Hope he's right... & I know that foxy (the girl who started this thread) she got pregnant on Clomid & metformin .. So ask your doctor... Maybe something you guys may want to try... When I first read about metformin I was really scared I was going to get all the crazy side effects that most girls get..throwing up nausea , upset stomach diarrhea ... But I can honestly say my side effects on metformin are bearable. You do have to start low... 1/2 tablet 1st week... Then 1tab the next until you reach the 2 tablets & also watch what you eat... No greasy foods & stuff & you should be fine!

Hey girls! Hope everyone is doing good!

So got the results of dh's semen analysis, looks like he has low motility. Has anyone else's hubbys had this done? My dh was so upset when i had to tell him, we kinda got 2 different answers, the one doctor i had asked looked at it and said he didn't see anything that would cause us to not get pregnant. He actually said it looked good for trying to conceive. However when i asked someone else, they said he has bad swimmers. Im trying to stay positive for hubby, im so glad i already have an appt for next week with the infertility doctor.

mks: as silly as this seems while i'm typing this you know it has not crossed my mind that our DHs may need a little help too! :dohh: i think i'm gonna have DH do his analysis as well!
my doc put him on vitamin E and Neurorubina Forte for his sperm - i actually dont know exactly what they do but i'm gonna google it right after this post lol
hopefully your DH just needs a little boost in the form of vitamins to get things going! i'm really glad you ended up making that infertility appointment
sometimes this process can be stressful huh...sometimes it's just like one thing after the next and we really have to focus on all the positives - like thank God your HSG showed your tubes were open and that the great thing is that DH's swimmers may really just need a little boost

babysmile: my af is due on the 29th or 30th so if it's a no show i'm just gonna take the provera one time. how many days do you take it for?

angelmarie: how come your doc didnt induce periods??? that's a pretty interesting technique!

mouse: my periods have indeed been shorter since i've been on clomid - from what i've been reading i think it's due to the endometrial lining being thin (side effect from clomid)
i'm not too sure when af's gonna come but i'm starting back clomid next month and my preseed FINALLY came in the mail so i'm excited to use that!

bella: how are you doing?

Awesome- hopefully all dh needs is a little boost which is exactly what we talked about last night. Hes also a smoker(only when he drinks), doesn't take vitamins. Hes already said that hes going to stop smoking after this weekend so im praying he actually follows thru, which i think he will, he was so upset by this news. Still staying as positive as i can, im at 12dpo, no sign of af, planning on taking another test tomorrow so you never know, maybe i'll get some good news!
I think i took provera for 10days but i could be completely wrong on that!

Awesome - I take provera for 7 days... But like Mks... I hear the common thing is to take it for 10.

Mks - I'm sure with ur hubby quitting smoking & vitamins you guys will get the boost you need.... But I am really praying that you won't even need this... & this could be your month... So excited for tomorrow.

How are everyone else's cycle??? Keep us posted! Babydust ;)

Hi girls, so I went for bloods today (day 20) and I haven't ovulated, however my estrogen was quite high at 671 so I have to go back next week to see if I've ovulated. I reeeeeally hope I do!!

Mouse-im sure you'll be ovulating soon!!

I'm rather confused at the moment, so i figured af would be arriving this weekend but so far all I've had was a tiny little bit of brown spotting only once or twice yesterday, this evening i had a little pinkish spotting and now nothing. I took a test yesterday and it was bfn. I know this may sound crazy and probably just my period starting but do you think theres still a chance i could get a bfp???

Hope everyone had a good weekend!!

Mouse-im sure you'll be ovulating soon!!

I'm rather confused at the moment, so i figured af would be arriving this weekend but so far all I've had was a tiny little bit of brown spotting only once or twice yesterday, this evening i had a little pinkish spotting and now nothing. I took a test yesterday and it was bfn. I know this may sound crazy and probably just my period starting but do you think theres still a chance i could get a bfp???

Hope everyone had a good weekend!!

Mks.... I definitely think there's still a huge chance! How many dpo are you???
I really really hope you get your BFP! Fx for you!

I just took my last provera pill today... So now just wait for AF to show... Could be anywhere up to 2weeks. Hope it shows sooner than later so I can get this cycle going. I usually have horrible symptoms while/post provera... But So far thus cycle I feel nothing except a few sharp pains very once in a while... Finding this weird!!! :( hope I don't have any more set back like provera not making AF come... Ugh we'll see!
Babydust to all :)

Well af is here and in full force : ( onto the next cycle!

Babysmile- im sure af will be here in no time so you can move onto the next cycle too!

Awesome- how are you doing? We were on the same cycle, did af show? Curious if we'll be cycle buddies again. You had a rough month, hoping this month will be much better fof you!

Babysmile-hope af hurries along!

Ladies I'm just wondering, does anyone chart bbt? If so, does the weather affect it, ie if it's cold does your temp go down a lot?

Thanks girls... I'm waiting! Lol

Mks : :( sry about AF... But u ovulated so that's great!

Mouse: i only did my bbt once... Found it to be confusing... But will try again this month. I'm too wondering the same. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->