TTC clomid babies...

thanks everyone, i'm on my second round of clomid. i just finished the pills but am a bit worried because i'm not sure what i had was a real af. it looked more like spotting i had during my last pregnancy which didnt work out. i've got a doctor's appointment on Nov 28 and i'm going to ask for every test in the book finally...... i've had two mmcs and i'm hoping this is not third. i don't understand how it could be - i've been temping religiously and never o-ed. my DF was asking me last night if i wanted him to do a SA - YES! did anyone pay out of pocket for this? we're in the US and may have to but I'm ready for some real answers. a couple cycles back, when i did o, i did a progesterone test and that came back low. i need to get my thyroid checked... sounds like this is a good place to be bringing these sorts of things up :)

good luck for the hsg, awesome. dont be scared! lots opf people get prego right after ;).

Hello everyone!! So sorry Ive been away, my only excuse is that work has been so manic ive been so tired when i get home!

So my update, next step is to get tubes checked - is that the same as hsg you're having awesome? Im quite anxious about it too, but I dont reckon itll be as bad as Im expecting. Its always worse not knowing what to expect.

I did ovulate last cycle, but it wasnt a strong one and my luteal phase was only 8 or 9 days so im moving on to injections. That helps support the luteal phase so I think its best.

Welcome horseypants, and loving your picture! You mentioned that lots of people get pregnant after hsg - why is that? does it help? Sorry, I'm not sure what hsg is.

Good luck with this cycle Angel, its very early days to test so still possible. keep us up to date!

dont quote me ;) but i think an hsg is when they put some blue dye in your tubes to make sure they are clear. even if they are essentially clear, already, people seem to have an easy time getting pregnant right afterwards. not sure why! maybe it is that the hsg fluishes things out or maybe it is because in order to do the hsg, you jhave to abstain from relations for a bit so they know you're not going into it prego already :) correct me if i am wrong, everyone

Angel how is the testing?????

Mks thanks girl!!! I really gonna try not to worry so much as people say that the actual procedure is no very long.
Did you end up checking ur prog levels?

Horseypants that's some good news about the hsg....i hope it's true! I'm gonna google it lol
I looked at your chart and from my very little knowledge about FF it really looked as though you didnt O...do u temp at or around the same time every morning.

Mouse hiiiii! Yea that's the same hsg test i have to do. How do you know that last cycle your ovulation wasnt a strong one? Because of ur luteal phase?

My only update is that af has been quite scanty after day 2 but i've read that clomid can cause that because it thins your lining sometimes so i would mention it to my doc when i go for my cd12 scan

@ Mks - was it today you were getting bloodwork done? Good news? Did you O? Fingerws crossed - sounds like you have the bd-ing sorted! Good luck.

@ Horseypants - I like your thinking - every test in the book! Good plan! :thumbup: Hope it all goes ok - and your DFs SA turns up great results! Keep us posted.

@ Mouse - I really hope that the hsg goes well and they hurry up and organise it so you can get things moving :flower:

@ Awesome - what cd are you on now? When will your cd12 scan be! I have always wanted a scan around then - Im so curious as to what happens in there!!! At least you will know where you stand and what to expect. :happydance:

My update is I actually got a bfp! I tested this morning - 10dpo. I bought some First Response tests yesterday and tested first thing and a very feint second line appeared. I did a couple of internet cheapies and there is something there - again really feint. So at the moment I am very cautiously pregnant! I am going to test again first thing tomorrow so fingers crossed. I am also wondering whether I should go to my consultant and get a blood pregnancy test done sooner rather than later as they will probably start me on meds for my thyroid. So, yeh. wow! Its the first time I have ovulated in over three years and I am pregnant. I cant begin to tell you how lucky I feel. I was shaking this morning. Keep your fingers crossed for me girls!!! :hugs:

Omg omg omg omg yayyyyyyyy congratsssss angel!!!! That is so amazing
Praying that the line only gets darker and u hav a wonderful 9mths :)

Aww thanks honey! I will keep you guys posted and if it does stick I hope you guys arent going to kick me out of here just yet! Im going to try to be positive about it all. Im even going to add a ticker to make it real. :happydance:

Keeping my fingers crossed for all you girls :flower: :dust:

That's so fantastic angel, I'm so chuffed for you!!!! How's things going then?

I've got my hsg next week, quite nervous!!

Thank you! :flower: Things are going ok... I had bloodwork to confirm and the HCG was quite low - 28. I had repeats today (13dpo) and it had gone up to 84. Still seems low to me (at 15dpo I was 529 with my previous pregnancy). Progesterone 138. Estrogen 2292. I wish I knew what all the figures actually meant though! :wacko: Lets just say I am very cautious. :nope: Thanks so much for asking :hugs:

GREAT news on your hsg!!! Im sure it will go just fine. Dont read too much info online! Will you be taking your DP for support? :hugs:

Angel- omg congrats!!!!! So exciting! As far as i know your hcg levels look good! How are you feeling?

I'm not sure what those levels mean angel, has the doc given any insight?

Yeah my hubby will be coming with me, reckon it'll be after Christmas when we start the injections though.

Does anyone know anyone who has had menopur?

what day are you doing the hsg mouse??? i'm doing mine on tuesday and i'm really nervous too!

angel, i dont know about hcg levels but your levels are increasing which has to be a good thing

mks how are you hon? did you get your progesterone levels checked?

Mouse and awesome- you will both do fine with the hsg! Let us know how it all goes! Positive vibes for both of you guys!

As for me, i didn't have my progesterone checked, i was going to have it drawn at work but no one that could draw blood was in that day. So now I'm just waiting to see if/when af shows. I'm thinking maybe by next weekend is when I'm due.

Thanks guys. @ Mouse - I just spoke to the nurse who was fairly noncommittal and just booked me in for a scan. I tried to push her into answering if she thought it was too low but she said that the scan would 'hopefully show a viable pregnancy'. Theyre all a bit cold really. I was thinking that if I was doing that job I would be really positive for the person and even offer a 'Congratulations'! I just come away feeling uninformed and really concerned. :wacko:
On a plus point I got a much darker line on my test this morning (yes Im a true poas addict and I am taking a FRER test each morning and at least 2 ICs through the day. Im crazy, I know :dohh:
Im fairly symptomless at the moment which is great/really worrying. Im never happy :shrug:

@ Mks - hope AF stays away and a bfp shows up!!!

@ Awesome and Mouse - Im excited about you guys getting the hsg over and done with now I hear about the success stories of women who have been through it!! :happydance:

2013 babies all round, I reckon!!! :thumbup:

:flower:

@angel-I feel your pain, it can be like talking to a brick wall at my place! Some of the nurses are really good though. Do you have an update?

So my update is unexpected-Ive got my hsg on Friday and I hve to hve a preg test the day before to ensure I'm not pregnant. They also told me to abstain from bd. anyway, I decided to do an ovulation test today and got a positive! Without medication or anything, which means if I ovulate it will e the first natural time in about 12 years!! Needless to say I immediately left the house to go and buy more tests, and the second one was also positive! So, do I bd or not? Would you guys? We decided to go for it and just rearrange my appointment, I just couldn't sit back and do nothing when i ovulate so infrequently. I'd be really interested to know what you ladies would have done though?

call them and ask how easy it is to reschedule, tell them the situation. the thing is that i get positive opks more often than i actually ovulate, so there's that monkey wrench to contend with too

Yeah that's what I'm going to do. I've heard positive opks without ovulating is common with PCOS-do you have PCOS? I dont so I'm hoping it's for real!

i didnt before but have gained some weight, so it's a possibility

I would say reschedule the hsg as you will never get it out of your mind... 'what if...?' and the fact that you are ovulating med free is a good sign! Im pretty sure you could reschedule next cycle.

Imho - Get :sex:

:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"