TTC dec 2015

Afairchild5

Reaction score
Feeling excited because Im almost positive that finally we will officially be TTC in December! Just trying to get a couple of CCs paid off and then we will be good to go! I have never felt so ready before! Hoping that time goes by fast bc I am impatient :). this will be TTC for my first! Would love a buddy to chat with that is going to start trying at that time as well!

Hi Afairchild5,

I am in the same position as you going to be starting to TTC for our first in December just giving our bodies a few months at the moment to be in the healthiest position possible. Today I have taken my last pill in my pack after our pre-conception visit to the doctor on Monday. I am sooo excited right now and would love a buddy.

Oh my gosh that has to be the most exciting feeling to be taking the last pill!! I have the implant nexplanon in my arm for birth control and I'm wondering when I should get it taken out! I was thinking in October but I have an obgyn appointment for the end of this month and I'm gonna ask what she thinks! I was thinking about getting it out at my appointment so my periods can regulate but not sure yet! I am also really trying to get healthier before we start TTC! I think I've lost about 4 lbs which isn't much but it's a start! I'm so excited to have someone to talk with! I just want it to be here already!! Lol

Same here :) It will be nice to have buddies to chat to :) We are also trying in December for our first. I am going off the pill when my current box runs out (November) and using condoms till December.

Fingers crossed the time goes quickly!! Starting supplements in just over 2 weeks time!

ooo super excited to find you both afairchild5 and xstitcher87.

Afairchild5 it is super excited to have finished bcp, I think speaking about it and getting guidance at you obgyn appointment is a good idea, we met with the doctor to get advice before stopping and given I've had medical issues it just felt lots better knowing your doing it under guidance. I also want my periods to have some time to start and regulate before we start TTC, expecting AF on Monday.

4lb is fab Afairchild5 :happydance:, I've lost 6lb since really starting to focus. Xstitcher87 I've also just started my supplements today, all little steps towards our healthy bubba being here :cloud9: well that's how I'm thinking of it.

Wishing for December to just to be here already for us all!! :hugs: xx

Ahh supplements! That just makes it all the more real! So exciting! And mrs p excellent job losing 6 lbs! You should be super proud of yourself!!

I'm actually really looking forward to my obgyn appointment! I'm really thinking about getting off my birth control now bc it takes awhile for my periods to regulate.

That is one thing I really won't miss though. I don't have periods with my birth control and it is SO NICE! I've almost forgotten about the nightmare that is the period! Lol my periods are just so heavy at the beginning and I'm always spotting until like the 7th day! It drives me nuts!

Are your husbands excited as yall are? That's one reason I'm really excited to have buddies on here! Because my husband is excited but he is the kind of person that doesn't want to talk about it until we are trying! He's not all excited and counting down the days like me! Lol!

My husband is excited, but not like me, I don't think he's counting days! I am in a bit of a funk lately, I feel like it is going to take FOREVER for the next 3.5 months to go by. It will definitely be easier with a few friends along for the ride!

Congratulations Mrs P5515 and Afairchild5 on your weight losses :happydance: That is awesome!

I will have been on bc for nearly 10 years by the time I stop it in November...I'm a bit worried it might take my cycle a little while to get going again...

Wish December was here already for all of us :flower:

Supplements have made it real eeekkk, although if I’m completely honest I’m finding them a lot more difficult than I had expected. I have always taken vitamins in the morning so had assumed that I’d be fine. The supplements I chose were Pregnacare pre conception, unfortunately you have to take them with your main meal (easier said than done when you’re not announcing your WTT :dohh:).

Xstitcher87, like you I have been on my bc for over 10 years now, the last 3 on the mini pill so no periods has been bliss!! I can completely relate Afairchild5 to the heavy periods, I not looking forward to that again – although after stopping my pill on Thursday I had kinda though that af would be here Monday and have been a little sad that it hasn’t :cry:. The logical part of me knows that after so many years it’s going to take quite some time for my body to regulate but I’m super impatient at the moment, Decmeber’s feeling a little too far today ladies.

My husband is really excited but as you say Xsticher87 he’s not quite where I am with it all. Sometimes it feels more of a physical ache and need more than anything else. He’s very focussed on the prep at the moment although he does keep showing me you tube videos on how to create a starlight nursery ceiling with fibre optics (so I guess he gets those mad crazy moments too :wacko:).

So great to have others going through this :hugs:xx

Oh I'm in such a funk too ladies! Just so ready for December to be here and it seems like it's worlds away! Lol I just am super impatient!

I've only been on my birth control for about two years but it's an implant in my arm so its been very accurate. But hey even if yall have been on yours for ten years at least yall are getting off of it a little earlier to make sure that you are regulated before! I think getting off it in November will still be a big help in getting regulated xstitcher87! :)

That is so sweet about your husband mrs p! Very sweet that he's so excited! I think once it's actually happening my husband will get in the spirit like that too!

If you don't mind me asking what age is everyone at? I know we are all trying for our first! I'm 25 so if I did happen to get pregnant in December I would be 26 by the time I gave birth! It's so hard to get baby off the brain for me! Hoping that the time starts flying! Hopefully with holidays coming up it will go by quicker!

Afairchild5 is it the waiting that's put you in this funk? I know I'm struggling to distract myself at the moment, I've plenty that I could/should be doing but can't seem to tear myself off here at the moment :shrug:

I'm 26, birthday on Friday and DH is 27.

Mrs p5515 yes I think I'm definitely in a funk from the wait. I'm also getting really paranoid health wise! My dad has type 2 diabetes and back in April I decided to go for a check up and they tested my blood sugar for the past 3 months. I can't remember exactly what my number was but it was borderline pre diabetes. So I've been trying really hard to cut back a lot of the junk I eat and portion sizes but I just have really good days and really bad days. I'm going back in October to retest it all and I'm just terrified the numbers gone up and I have it now. Unfortunately I'm a picky eater (I just cannot help it for the life of me) so I'm not the healthiest eating person. I work an hour away from home and I sit at a desk for eight hours. So by the time I get home I'm exhausted and it's hard to get motivated to do anything let alone exercise. I'm really trying hard to eat better and I did lose the 4 lbs but I feel like it takes SO MUCH for me to lose any weight. So I'm just super frustrated and nervous about that! I'm just praying I'm pleasantly surprised in October. But waiting for that to come around is super hard! Sorry for the novel lol, I just don't really talk about this stuff with anyone besides my husband so it's nice to get off my chest :)

We are wtt baby #2 .. with dd I had been on the microgynon pill for 13years due to painful periods, I came off it thinking it would take a while to get out of my system .. it took 1 month eeekkk so lucky!!

After dd was born, I started on the mini pill due to breastfeeding, I am still taking it & no periods is great!! I plan to stop taking it December time BUT I have quite a bit of weight to lose before then.

With dd I was under a consultant due to low cervix & mainly because I was "obese" 206lb ... I have struggled over the past 20months to get down to 208lb but I really want to be under bmi 36 so i'm not under a consultant. I don't look or feel "obese" but them bloody scales say I am apparently. So hopefully I can get another 28lb off by Christmas.

I have started taking folic acid & primrose oil eeeekkkk exciting times!

Mrs P5515 - I consider my Hubby sending me nursery decorating ideas (even IF some of them include skulls or pokemon) his version of enthusiasm! He's also decided that he IS going to take a pre-conception vitamin (I take Elevit, he'll take Menevit). :happydance:

If you don't want people to know, could you put the pregnancy ones into an old bottle of say Vitamin D etc?

Afairchild5 - I turn 28 in November. My Hubby follows pretty closely in Feb, he will also turn 28.

I was also in a funk (period related most likely) till today. Just got a feeling of peace, I start my pre-natals in less than a fortnight AND I have an appointment with my GP to change my blood pressure tablets (I take them for genetic high blood pressure) to one that is safe for pregnancy. I totally get the health stuff you're talking about, my mum has type 2 diabetes as well, I seem to be fine so far.

In terms of diet, I decided that I would first focus on what I was drinking, so I have slowly replaced soda/soft drink with water and herbal/fruit teas. It actually makes a lot of difference!!

I am currently focusing on food, which is harder! Breakfast is down pat, Dinner is okay....lunch and snacks at work....urgh.....still pretty unhealthy. But oh well, a new week, I will try again!

I am also (as my name suggests) a cross-stitcher and my Husband (being the sweetheart he is) has challenged me to see how many of my projects I can finish before we TTC! I currently have 12 projects (can see details at https://sewingbutterfly.wordpress.com/ if you're interested).

I am also stitching a baby blanket at the moment with pokemon on it and I've only finished 2 out of 26! I think doing 1 or two of those a month will help.

I would love to hear what other people are doing to make the wait go by a bit more pleasantly!

Kelskiii welcome! I know losing weight is so hard! But it sounds like you are doing a great job and are on the right track! I want December to be here so quickly but that's one good thing about it being a ways off is that there is still time to lose weight and get healthier! It always helps when you have people to talk to!
Xstitcher87 I actually started by cutting out sodas too! That wasn't hard for me and now I'm pretty much just water and unsweetened tea with sweet n low. My only downfall is that I hate water unless I've been excersing or something lol. So drink wise I'm pretty good and I know that does help. My problem is dinner time and weekends! At work I eat breakfast and lunch and like one snack and then dinner I'm trying to be better but man once I get home I just want to sit there and snack! It's hard!

Oh and actually I love cross stitching!!! I haven't done it in so long though that I'm afraid I've forgotten how! My mom taught me! She actually cross stitched mine and my brothers Christmas stockings! I think that's such a great idea to focus on while trying to pass the time! I didn't really have anything that I was doing but I think I'm gonna pick it up again! That's an awesome idea!!

Xstitcher87 & Afairchild5 ... fizzy drinks are my main problem, I only drink the diet ones but far too much!!I have tried so hard to quit but when i'm cutting food & diet coke at the same time, I fine it hard. My plan is to get the bulk of my weight off then try again.

Diet & exercise is going pretty well at the minute, I think its because December is not so far away now & I want to feel healthier not just during pregnancy but afterwards too ... I struggled on maternity leave with R, struggled with our breastfeeding journey, my weight gain & not using my brain so much!!

I also have to remember I will have a toddler & newborn ... the healthier/fitter I am the better.

I can't believe how close to December we are now, we were planning to ttc December 2016 ... but I talked dh round!

Afairchild5 - cross stitching is great! Keeps me busy and stops me from snacking because I don't eat when I stitch otherwise my projects would get dirty! There are some absolutely gorgeous designs on etsy and various other online stores now, you can get everything from the traditional samplers to really modern designs. If you want any recommendations if you do take it up again, let me know :thumbup:

With water, I like to add some slices of lemon, lime or orange to my bottle. I have also added raspberries once and it makes water a little bit more interesting. But I'm like you

Kelskiii - that's why I focused on my drinks first and now that's squared away I'm tackling my food. It is so hard to do it all at once!! But you're right, the healthier and fitter we can all be the better :flower:

Can I join you ladies? I am TTC in January 2016 so a month behind. I stopped taking the pill a couple of months ago to let my body go back to normal. All seems to be going well so far!

x

Welcome ssarahh! Are you also trying for your first?

How did you go stopping the pill? How long did it take for you to get back to normal? I'm worried that 1 month won't be enough and I'm already sick of waiting, lol.

Kelskiii I think the same thing tho! It's so hard when you start trying to cut everything out all at once! It's so incredibly hard! It's hard for me to stick to my diet on the weekends but I do pretty good during the week. Not super healthy or anything but better then I've ever done before! Lol you can definitely do it! :). I think that December will get here pretty fast! It's kinda crazy to think about!

Thanks so much xstitcher87! I just went to hobby lobby and bought a cross stitching pattern for my first one and I already screwed up the first couple of lines hahaha, I'm gonna have to start over! I forgot how detailed it is lol! I love etsy though so I will definitely check out some on that site!

Welcome ssarahh! Eeee getting off the pill seems to make everything so real! Xstitcher would you be able to get off any earlier so you think? I am getting off mine on Friday and really dreading the mind numbing cramps but excited for what it means at the same time! I'm so scared it's gonna be really hard for me to get pregnant since my periods are so irregular but I'm gonna try and stay positive!!

So my husband shocked me yesterday! I was talking about how I wasn't sure the room we picked to be the nursery room was gonna fit everything bc it's kind of small and he took me in the room and said he had already figured out where the crib and changing table/dresser and rocker was gonna go. It was so sweet! I gave him the biggest hug lol!
Hope everyone's Monday is going well! We are almost to September!!

Welcome ssarahh how exciting coming off the pill!!

Afairchild5 .. That is so sweet with the nursery :) :)

Well the healthy eating was going really well until af appeared from no where with pains, bloating & feeling bllaaaa ... So I haven't been as bad as I usually would be but I haven't been all too good either!! need to zip my mouth up. I have a very busy September, plans every weekend ... So I am going to make good choices but also enjoy myself, will need to get serious with the healthy eating October & November!!

I am out this weekend for my friends birthday, first time i'm leaving R overnight and first time I will be having a night out since Feb 2013 .. I do actually plan on this being the last one before we ttc so I best enjoy myself !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->