TTC dec 2015

Kern- I go through stages! I'll get crazy baby fever and then I'll kind of calm myself a bit! lol I think that's awesome that even tho you have baby fever you're still able to be focused on taking the prenatals and waiting for your husband to get a better job! I really think December will get here so quick!

Teevee I am right there with you on the nerves!! I feel so ready but then there are times where I'm like AHHH it's almost here!!!! Lol its just scary because your life is FOREVER changed in a huge way! So I think it's definitely normal to be nervous!

Xstitcher87 I'm sorry about your neck!! That can be so painful! Hope you start feeling better quickly! I actually full on started my period which I think is so weird after not having it for close to two years and right before I'm going to get my birth control out. Stress is a hell of a thing! Oh and I actually just started using the app Ovia today and really like it a lot so far! It keeps track of like everything! I'm gonna have to look into the apps yall were talking about tho! I'm always looking for different ones!
Lol

My neck is feeling a bit better today, I think I must have strained a muscle when I was sleeping the other day. So weird.

My BP measurements are all over the place at the moment because I'm not on meds, which is strange. Oh well, only 7 more days and I start the new meds!

Stress is a hell of a thing. I guess that's why people tell you to 'relax' whilst TTC. I just can't wait to get started!But I am glad I'll get my Blood Pressure stuff sorted first. I'll stop my active BC in exactly 2 months! Then I have a month to track and I guess do a "trial" run for temping etc before TTC in December :D

What is everyone doing this weekend? I'm home doing housework and some cross-stitching, resting my neck muscles with a heat pack and napping in the sun. Pretty chilled. Getting my food organised for the week ahead will be my goal for Sunday. Making sure I stay within my allowable kjs and kick up that exercise. I want people to notice I have a bump rather than my pudgy belly I have at the moment!!

Hope you're all having the best weekend!

Hi All,

Finally been able to grab a moment to read all the update, feeling very excited after reading how everyone's getting on . Xstitcher and Afairchild so pleased for you that your doctors appointments have gone well, were all done now until we are pregnant!! Xstitcher glad your necks feeling better, that can be a terrible pain.

Kern it's great your DH is so keen. How's the job hunting going for him? he's got great motivation!

Update for me doesn't feel so positive I'm afraid (apologies in advance, I'll try and not let it go into a winge). So after 3 weeks and 3 days AF is still nowhere to be seen. I've had incredibly sore breasts that have felt heavy and tingly at times for about 2 weeks now, this is not a symptom I've ever had before but have been hoping that it was meaning that AF is on her way. It's been so painful at times I've had to take paracetamol and have been using my sports bra as much as possible, anyone experienced this before? My DH says they are looking bigger and fuller so of course wants to make the most but I simply cannot bare it :nope:

Great news on the weight loss girls - I got a Fitbit for my Birthday which I absolutely love and have been utterly obsessive about getting my daily 10,000 steps in, yesterday was a personal best at almost 17,000. I've really been trying to up my exercise with starting my gym classes and aqua fit. After taking the dog for a 2 mile walk yesterday I decided to weigh myself and have gained 8lb in just over 2 weeks, :cry: I'm utterly distraught. I wasn't expecting to get on and have lost loads but even 2lb I would have been happy - I simply can't think where I've gone wrong, my diets been the same as usual but after really making an effort with the exercise which at times has been soooo hard I'm utterly deflated.

It hasn't helped it's been a real hellish week at work for me and not loking to get any better in the near future it's all just feeling a little blah.

Xstitcher I have however, been carrying on with my cross stitch and am very proud of the little owl I have now finished (very small part of the picture though) - really getting the hang of it and feels very therapeutic given everything else, this design will so being going on the wall in the nursery.

I hope everyone's having a good weekend and enjoying this sunshine xx

Xstitcher, glad that your neck is feeling better! Sounds like you're having a nice and relaxing weekend! I am so happy that it's a three day weekend for me! I've been really tired lately. Think maybe it's AF doing it to me. 😩

MrsP it's good to hear from you! I'm so sorry that you still haven't gotten AF :(. BUT the good news is that you got off of your birth control this early so there is still plenty of time to start it and get regulated before December! I know it's frustrating but it will happen!

I am really really sorry about the weight loss thing too. I know all too well that feeling that you are having right now. Losing weight and being healthy is hands down by far the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I'm a pretty big control freak and so I can't stand that I can't just make myself lose weight fast! I am super impatient too unfortunately. I will say though that before losing this 8 lbs I felt like I was doing everything right and it took me forever to start seeing it on the scale. Sometimes the scale just doesn't show the change but there actually is one happening. You're doing a really great job with all your exercise so keep at it! I promise it will happen soon! I know it's SO frustrating but it'll happen! You still have a good amount of time! :)

Oh and I feel like I always have sore breasts! It's really annoying! Your period honestly might be on its way and that's why they're hurting so bad! Just taking a minute to get it all started!

This long weekend my husband and I are just relaxing around the house. I only get to see him two days out of the week because of his job and our opposite schedules :( so it's been really nice having a long weekend and getting to see him more! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Oh no Mrs P5515! Also, if AF is on her way that messes up the scales big time!! I was so distraught once I had put on a whole 1.5kgs in a week!! Then realised that AF was on her way the following week, weighed in after AF and I was down the 1.5kgs plus a little more. If your breasts feel fuller etc that is also probably skewing the scales.

Just keep doing what you're doing and I hope AF does show up so you can get a bit of a routine going :) No problems about whinging, whinge away! That's why we're here :flower:

Glad you've kept on with your cross-stitching, nothing like stabbing fabric over and over with a sharp needle to calm things down ;)

Afairchild, I know what you mean about conflicting schedules, I got home from work about an hour ago and my husband just left for his night shift (police). But he has the next weekend off (unless he gets called in for overtime), so hopefully we're going to do something fun!

Xstitcher87 no way!!!!! My husband is a cop too!! wow what a coincidence!! It is so hard dealing with the schedule! That is so awesome that we have so much we can relate with! My husband works the evening shift too so when I wake up to go to work he's sleeping and when he gets home from work I'm sleeping! It is definitely tough but that's just so cool that we have something else in common!

Ok Xstitcher and Afairchild I'm about to make this spooky DH is also in Police but has a fairly regular schedule although he's already called to say he's not sure when he'll be back tonight lol overtime. Wow that one has blown me away!!

You've both utterly cheered me up!! and I'm certainly going to be continuing with the exercise and stabbing fabric :happydance:

No freaking way!!!!!! Wow!! That is just crazy and now I feel a little bond with you ladies! That just seems so meant to be that we are all going through this little journey together!! How cool! I'm so glad that we were able to cheer you up MrsP! We are definitely all in this together :)

Seconding all that!! Literally just had that conversation with my mum. Think we were so meant to meet each other. 3 women, all different countries same situation. Feeling the love this evening :kiss:

Seriously?! That is sooooo weird!!! I've got the biggest smile on my face now. Who would have thought! We are all so similar! Shifts and overtime are crazy, but we have learned to live with it. Adding a baby will just make it even more crazy! I am glad I have other people who are dealing with the same thing!

3 different countries and 3 different women, but the similarities are spooky! Glad we could cheer you up MrsP :flower: Definitely all in this together! Hopefully we all get our BFP's quickly and can continue that journey together too! I'm sure we'll have similar things to deal with. I'm sure overtime will become more annoying/stressful after all day with a newborn!

Definitely feeling the love today :kiss:

BTW - I don't think I mentioned my age, I'm 27, almost 28 :) Been with OH 10 years, married for 18 months.

I have the biggest grin writing this ........

:happydance::happydance::happydance::witch::happydance::happydance::happydance:

AF arrived this morning, my body works!!! Feeling such a huge sense of relief and happiness. DH went off to work with the biggest grin too :cloud9:

Yay MrsP!!!! That's awesome :thumbup:

You'll be well and truly set for December then! Less than 2 months till I stop the pill, hopefully my body works too! Are you going to start tracking things now? Or just wait until December?

I do hope so!
Oooo not long to go xstitcher I will keep my fingers crossed for you that it doesn't take as long as mine. I'm going to keep a note of how long and when my period is but no more. Haven't really looked too much into tracking/temping etc. Going to try and keep it calm and natural (that's the plan anyway). What about you? xx

Plan 1 -

Come off BC in November
Use OPKs that month
No temping
Track cycle/symptoms using phone app

Then in December use OPKs and Temp, tracking everything using an app.

Plan 2

Come off BC in October (to give my body an extra month to reset)
No temping
No OPKs until after first cycle after BC.

Then in December use OPKs and Temp, tracking everything using an app

Plan 3

Come off BC as planned in November
No temping or OPKs until after February O/S trip

Plan 4

Come off BC as planned in November
Temp and use OPKs from then on taking a break for February O/S trip

Plan 5

Come off in either October or November and just track using an app, no OPKs or Temping.

I have NO IDEA which option to go for. My mother had trouble falling pregnant (took her 7 years and IVF to have me). My sister has had 2 miscarriages and is currently pregnant for a third time (approx 8-9 weeks now and fingers crossed it sticks!) and my other sister has fertility problems and issues with her periods.

I didn't have any issues as a teenager, I started the pill at 18. I did have polyps earlier this year and had a D&C to remove them, I know that estrogen makes polyps grow which is why my OBGYN usually recommends against the pill, but she figured as I was starting to TTC this year, there was no point trying Mirena coils or other forms of contraception...

Sorry for the novel! No idea what to do. Just emailed my hubby about going off BC in October, we'll see what he says. I also only have that option IF my blood pressure readings are good once I start my new meds....fingers crossed! I start the new meds next Monday.

Woohoo Mrs. P! Isn't it great when you get a real sign that your body is working the way it's supposed to?

Xstitcher, you are a planner just like me! I'm not on BC, so I can't help with figuring out when is the best time to go off of it, but I'm all about tracking your cycle! One your off BC for a couple months the tracking will come in really handy because you're cycles will be getting back to normal. I've been tracking for a few months now with temps, so I'm going to try to continue that once we start TTC and time it from there. If that's not working out, I'll throw in OPKs and hope for the best!

I have a bit of an update...I went for my annual GYN visit last week, and once I told the doc I'd be TTC by end of December, early January, she prescribed me prenatals. I was just going to buy some OTC ones, but now I think I might give the prescription version a shot since they seem to contain more folic acid. If I don't like them, I can just go with the OTC I was originally thinking about. She also did blood work to rule out any genetic issues. This is really feeling REAL now! Aaah!

Ladies that is SO spooky about our husbands!! I couldn't get over it today haha! I told my husband and he was like wow!! So meant to be!

MrsP YAY about AF!! That is so awesome! You will have plenty of time to get all regulated now! Kinda funny we are all wanting our periods so bad and in a few months we will be hoping to not get them again LOL!

Xstitcher87 I LOVE your organization! It is really confusing though knowing exactly which route to go!! I seriously have no earthly idea on temping/OPKs and all that. I see a bunch of people who know how to do all that stuff and I don't even really know what any of it means lol! I need to research all that stuff and figure it out for myself too! I have that book "what to expect before expecting" and I'm sure it has all of that stuff in there but I haven't read it just yet! I have always been so nervous that it will take me awhile to get pregnant so I definitely understand your nerves on that part as well! Keeping my fingers crossed and sending well wishes that your blood pressure readings are perfect! I get my birth control out next Monday and then my doctors appointment for my blood work for the pre diabetes was supposed to be October but they called me a little early and now it's Sept 21st. I will be such a nervous wreck!! Praying so hard that my numbers have gone down because if they haven't then I truly won't know what in the hell to do since I've been trying really hard!

Teevee I am right there with you too!! My gyno said she was going to prescribe me prenatals and I had just planned on buying some but now I'm oddly all excited to be prescribed them and to start taking them. Haha for some reason being prescribed prenatals makes it all real for me! My gyno wants my PCP to take some blood work for some immune testing and it really does make it all feel SO real!!!

This month I have these appointments and then in October is my husband and mines 1 year wedding anniversary (we have been together for almost 8 years altogether) and Halloween! Then the holidays will be right around the corner! So hopefully time keeps on moving!!

Afairchild: my husband and my 1st anniversary is next month too! Ours is the 4th. When is yours?

Ours is the 18th! Man we all have so much in common! Lol that's so exciting! Are yall doing anything fun for your anniversary? I think we are going to eat at the place we had our rehearsal dinner at so I'm excited!

I think October is the best month to have a wedding :)

The day of, I think we'll just stay in and eat a piece of our frozen wedding cake (lol). But we are going on an early anniversary trip next week to LA. It was the only time we could really get away in the next month, so we will be celebrating a bit early!

That's exciting that you'll be possibly revisiting your rehearsal dinner spot for your anniversary! If the timing worked out better, we were considering staying overnight in the place we had our wedding (it's a hotel as well), but maybe next year!

I completely agree!!!! October is my most favorite time of year so I thought it was the perfect month for a wedding!!

We froze our wedding cake too but I don't think my husband will eat it! LOL! I have the biggest sweet tooth so I definitely want to try it! That's so fun to go to LA!!! That will be an amazing anniversary trip! I would have loved to but I don't have any vacation time at my job until after working there for a year and that won't be until January! But oh well, just gonna try and make the best of it! I was gonna say maybe next year but *hopefully* I'll be having a baby around that time!! Lol!

You'll have to let us know how your trip is! You will have such a blast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->