TTC dec 2015

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for the silence I have been away for my birthday. How is everyone doing? Welcome ssarahh and Kelskii :flower:

I'm currently off work so more time to obsess and look online at all things baby. I've had a great few days away and time with DH (first proper time since we came back from honeymoon) but now back to reality :coffee:

I'm still very impatiently waiting for AF, I have never wanted a period so badly! Stopped taking my pills on 13th and had really really hoped to see AF by 17th and still nothing :growlmad: Coming off the pill felt like such a huge step forward and now with nothing happening feeling very frustrated......sorry for the rant xx

Afairchild - I stuff up my cross stitching all the time!! In a lot of the groups we call it 'Frogging' because you have to rip out stitches, which kind of sounds like "rip it" (Ribbit)....It is late at night and my brain is fried!

No chance of getting off earlier as I need to have a swap over for my blood pressure tablets. The one I'm on until 1st September is not safe for pregnancy and my dr (and me) wants to make sure I don't get pregnant until that tablet is out of my system and the new one is working correctly.

Hubby sounds so sweet!! I love how he knows where everything is going to go.

My husband surprised me by buying his pre-conception vitamins! He was adamant he wasn't going to take them because he didn't need to, but he changed his mind and bought some today. We'll start our vitamins together on 1st September!! Only a week away :happydance:

Awww mrs p5155 I'm sorry! I can definitely understand how frustrating that is but at least you are already off it and we still have at least three months! I understand tho! It's like come on already lol.

Xstitcher87 I LOVE the term frogging! Lol that's so awesome hahhaa I had never heard that before! I'm gonna have to tell my mom that one! I'm sorry that you can't come off any sooner but at least when you do come off you will be so close to being able to start trying! And that is sooooo sweet of your hubby to start the vitamins!! That is a big deal and shows it's important to him too! I doubt my husband would! Lol!!

I'm so irritated bc I'm supposed to have my well woman exam this friday and that's when I was gonna get off my bc as well. I had made the appointment online about a month ago and I have since gotten like 3 confirmation emails. I had a bad feeling today tho and called to see if I could get my bc out at the same appointment as my well woman exam and they were like "the doctor isn't here on Friday so I'm not sure why online let you schedule for that day, we are gonna have to reschedule and you can't do your bc on the same day". After a lot of back and forth the rescheduled it for next Wednesday but I still can't get my bc taken out that day so I have to make another appointment while I'm there and I'm really frustrated bc i can't just keep taking off work! It's so annoying already dealing with this crap. If i was on bc pills I could just stop taking them but nope! Of course I have the stupid implant in my arm!

Oh Afairchild I feel your pain reading that last post!!! :hugs:Are your work flexible with needing to take time off? Spooky that you felt something would go wrong, at least you now have a definite appointment and although it's a few days later it's another step towards TTC :happydance: Your hubby may surprise you too once it feels a bit more real for him. I've suggested vitamins to mine tonight, he takes time to digest things - so we will see.

I've signed up to the gym today - full membership so I have access to pool, gym and classes. Had originally gone to sign up for the swim membership but was won round by the Pilates and Yoga (although I've never done either, any advice welcome!) They suggested it was good when I told them were planning a pregnancy, fingers crossed they didn't just want my money :dohh:

Xstitcher I was cursing you last night, I went and bought my first ever cross stich yesterday as I'd been reading your messages and thought I'd give it a go. I went to hobby craft and chose a design that I thought looked pretty, based on nothing else! Got it home and read it's a medium level of difficulty :blush: I thought just go with it I' m a reasonably intelligent woman I'll figure it out. However, lol at 1am this morning after many many hours and you tube video searching I realised, maybe I'm not so intelligent and this is why my husbands shirts have to be donated when he looses a button.

So far I have managed to find the centre and have figure out my design and I think the cross stiching itself will be fine but :blush: ....... How do you thread the needle?? LMAO!! Soo silly I know but I've watched several people from around the world and they all gave me a different way to do it. My design requires 2 strings, do I just poke it through and leave a little bit hanging one side and knot the end? Do I put one end through and tie it to the bottom of the other string, Or no knots at all, but then how does it not fall out .... please help feeling an utter numpty not being able to even start :shrug: xx

Mrs P5515 waiting for AF is awful isn't it, when I first came off the pill before ttc R it felt like the longest wait ever! Hope AF comes soon! Good on you joining the gym, I've heard that swimming, yoga & pilates are all good to do during pregnancy ... I do a lot of high intensity exercise at the moment & have been looking at low intensity exercise for when i'm pregnant. Don't want to stop exercise completely.

Afairchild5 oh no that must be so annoying!! I hope you get booked in soon to have it out.

Well i'm still continuing my exercising & healthy eating .. weight loss has slowed down a bit but I feel healthier and have lost inches. I've got a very busy 5 weeks with different occasions every week ... so I think I will concentrate on maintaining my weight & go for it in October/November before ttc.

We've had our house up for sale for a year now & we have a potential buyer .. soooo depending on what they offer & what we buy, we may need to change when ttc. I'm hoping our next house doesn't have too much to do in it so we can ttc in December.

Thank you mrs p5155! It is so frustrating because my work isn't really that flexible! I have to make up all my time that I miss and I only have two sick days left until January so I'm kind of panicking! My husband said to just tell them it's personal and that I'll give a doctors note and that there's not anything they can do so hopefully that's true as long as I make up my time! Just might not be getting my birth control out as soon as I thought :(. Oh well.
That is so great that you signed up for the gym!! Sounds like some really good work outs! You should be proud of yourself!! It's not too easy to do that first step so now that you have it shouldn't be too bad at all! I've been doing pretty good during the work week but I still need to start exercising more!
You made me LOL about the cross stitching! Xstitcher87 is def the person to ask! Lol I think what I did was put both lines through and make one end shorter then the other and then I think don't let it poke through but put your finger over it while you're stitching so it doesn't come out and you don't have to knot it. That probably makes no sense and it's hard to explain so hopefully xstitcher can explain it better! I think I need to look for a beginners one! Mine is already too confusing! Lol

Kelskiii that's great that you are still eating good and exercising! It's just so hard! I'm eating so much better but I can't even really say any of it is that healthy lol. Oh well. I'm kind of stuck on that scale but all we can do is try and if we don't do good then start over the next day!
That is really exciting about your house! The whole process can be SO frustrating so I totally understand hoping that the new house doesn't have much to do and is ready to go! My husband and I just bought our first house this past June and it was just such a migraine. I told him I just want to live here the rest of my life so I never have to go through that crap again! Lol! The type of loan that we got just made everything so strict and overwhelming! Fingers definitely crossed that the whole process is quick and easy for you so you can still ttc in December! :)

Can I join you ladies? I am TTC in January 2016 so a month behind. I stopped taking the pill a couple of months ago to let my body go back to normal. All seems to be going well so far!

x

This is exactly my situation :) ! I went off the pill in June and have been "pulling and praying" ever since. DH and I plan on going on one more big trip over Christmas before we start trying. I'm 29 and he's 30. We're trying for #1 and I just can't wait!

Hey guys! Can I join? Thinking about starting to try end of December beginning of January. I have a little one who will be 14 months by then, wouldn't mind a two yr age gap. :)

I'm going to start prenatal so it's in my system soon. I'm also working really hard to lose weight like you guys are. I'm doing this cool home workout that has an accountability group on Facebook and it's helped me lose 34lbs so far. I want to have a fit pregnancy! Haha.

I am a little surprised I have baby fever so soon, I currently have a baby! Lol. And everyone is already asking me when I'm going to have another. :dohh: ha. Doesn't help that all my friends are currently pregnant with their first babies.

Sorry for being away for a bit, I had my nephew's first birthday party and a hens night we travelled to.

Afairchild5 - That is so frustrating when doctors do that!! I mean, surely you would think someone would know what they're doing. I am glad my General Practitioner does everything in the same appointment. I can go in and have a pap smear, breast exam, order blood tests, discuss TTC, discuss my mental health and anything else I have pop up in 1 appointment! There are also 2 nurses on site to take care of things like immunisations and other things the drs can delegate.

MrsP5515 - Yeah, perhaps find something simpler to start with! Threading the needle I lick the end of the floss and stick it through the eye. I leave one end shorter and the other longer to stitch with. I don't use knots, I use the loop method to start floss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLxIYeZJHeE

Jan from Thread Garden does the loop start tutorial. I wish I lived closer!! I could teach you! Yes, you do kind of keep your finger over it to keep it in, but also you don't need to pull too tight, just firm so the stitch isn't loose.

Kelskiii that is awesome about eating healthy and exercising! I am doing okay....as I sit here with a martini.....But I always do my 2 ballet classes a week.

Welcome Kern!!

Welcome kern! You can of course join :) that is so great that you have lost so much weight!! Seriously, if I could lose 30 lbs I would be so happy! I've lost about 7 or 8 now and it's happening so slowly and I can't tell a difference at all lol but oh well, hopefully I start noticing soon!
Xstitcher yes! I am SO upset and frustrated by my obgyn! I just had a horrible week at work last week and my weekend was pretty terrible too so I'm just so stressed right now and hoping this week is a lot better! That's really awesome that your obgyn can do all of that in one appointment! That is super helpful! That's so great that you can take ballet! I can't afford a gym membership or anything right now but I have the game just dance haha and so I'm gonna start trying to do that!

Hope everyone is doing well...crossing my fingers that that December gets here quickly!!

Lol Afairchild5, I have that game too! It is a serious workout!

In TTC news, I changed my blood pressure tablets and started my prenatals today! Woo!! I have to monitor my blood pressure intensely (at least 5 times a day) over the next 30 days and go back to the dr 1st October. Fingers crossed that appointment is the last until I actually am pregnant!

December is only 3 months away now. Fingers crossed time speeds up for us all.

Xstitcher87 that is so exciting that you're one step closer!!! I don't have the blood pressure issue but I do have to go back to the doctor in October to test my blood over again and see what my numbers are for the pre diabetes! I'm hoping that's my last doctors appointment as well until I'm pregnant! We can do this!!

Hoping the time just keeps on going fast! I think with the holidays coming up it hopefully will!! 😊😊

That's awesome Afairchild5, I hope both our doctors appointments in October go really well!! Getting a bit closer all the time. I am pretty excited to get started. :flower:

I just need to work on the healthy eating and exercising plans a bit more!

Are any of you ladies on myfitnesspal? If so, my username is StitchButterfly, happy to provide some encouragement to us all as we get ready to TTC

Xstitcher87 eating healthier is just one of the hardest things I've done in my life! It is something I struggle with every single day because I feel like nothing is actually good for you! There's always SOMETHING wrong with everything! Lol! We can definitely do it though! I love my fitness pal by the way! I need to redownload it! It is the only thing that helps me lose weight! When I redownload it I will definitely add you! Having people to talk to really helps!

this will probably be a long story so I apologize in advance lol. Today I had my well woman exam but I have been SO stressed out lately that I started spotting last night and that NEVER happens! I was already stressed all week and then yesterday I realized when I got home from work that I forgot my purse there (for the first time ever) and I started freaking out bc I knew I would need my license and health insurance card and I work 45 minutes away from home!! So not knowing if I would get back to work in time (I'm not sure when they close because it's not just a small little doctors office..,it's like 3 stories with a million different departments and I have no idea what time they lock up) I went all the way back to work and made it just in time to get my purse. Well this morning was my appointment and of course they didn't ask me for anything from my purse or wallet. Of course lol. I was also freaked out that they wouldn't do my Pap smear because I had started spotting! But everything went really well and my stress was all for nothing! I have my appointment scheduled to get my birth control out in a couple of Monday's and she's going to prescribe me prenatals to start taking! She said the week I get my birth control out I could already get pregnant lol which I don't want but that's good to know at least! Hopefully I can calm down and relax now! It's just that darn October appointment that has me so nervous! Lol

Hope that everyone is doing well tho! Mrs P is AF here yet? Wishing you the best!

Still hanging out here! Taking my prenatals! Got baby fever like crazy haha. I told my husband I want to try in December and he's all I don't care when it happens, like we could do it now. But I know better because he's trying to find a better job right now and I want my prenatals to be in my system for three months or so. Fun, fun! It's cool he is on board at least?

Hey all! It's starting to feel REAL now that September's begun! We are planning to start trying right after Christmas, which seems really soon now! I've been charting for the last few months (not consistently though...) just to get an idea about my cycle, and I'm feeling ready but super nervous at the same time! How did the end of the year sneak up on us so quickly? lol

Afairchild5 - I totally know what you mean!! I had one of those weeks where everything felt 10x more stressful than it needed to and I also had a little spotting, stress is a killer! Glad you have your appointment booked! Yay!

I pulled a muscle in my neck somehow overnight but I am planning to take it easy this weekend and refocus on everything. Along with taking my blood pressure ALL the time AND all the housework, work etc is making the time go a little bit quicker. Hopefully my husband gets his leave approved in the next few weeks so we can start planning and booking our holiday for February.

Kern - I have started my prenatals too! It made it feel a bit more real and as I see the tablets disappear from their pack day by day it helps to know it IS actually getting closer!

Teevee - Do you use an app to track your cycles? I've started using OvuView to keep track of things even though I'm still taking the pill, and it has been helpful to track exactly what symptoms I get when. I like it so far and will probably keep using it. But I know a lot of other people use Fertility Friend?

Teevee - Do you use an app to track your cycles? I've started using OvuView to keep track of things even though I'm still taking the pill, and it has been helpful to track exactly what symptoms I get when. I like it so far and will probably keep using it. But I know a lot of other people use Fertility Friend?

I've been using Fertility Friend since April or so, and I really like it! The website also has a lot of information about charting temps, CM, etc.

Thanks teevee, I might try both apps and see which one I like best. OvuView looks pretty nice, but I think FF has more actual information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->