TTC dec 2015

Oh no ChocolateChip! Hope his surgery goes well and he recovers quickly :flower:

Hope everyone is having a good start to the weekend.

xstitcher YAAAAAAY!!!! That is FANTASTIC news to hear!! So happy for you, that is a HUGE weight off the shoulders!! Yaaaay now we should be good to go as soon as December gets here!! :D

Chocolatechip I am so sorry about your husband!!!! How is he doing? That's just awful :( hope he gets healed up super quickly!!

Hope everyone else's weekend is starting off good! It's my anniversary on Sunday so that should be nice :)

My weekend has been relaxing so far, we booked our flights to Europe (into Berlin and out of Vienna) :happydance:

I start some OPK's on Monday to see where my cycle is at. Once I've established a pattern over 2 or 3 cycles I might not bother with them unless my cycles are irregular. I am really interested to see what happens.

My diet and exercise are going better this week, so hopefully I can keep that up! Sometimes time feels like it is flying by and then sometimes it feels like it is at a standstill!

Congratulations on your anniversary Afairchild! Have fun celebrating :)

Hi all. Haven't checked in here in a bit. How's everyone doing? I just started a workout routine last week that is keeping me pretty busy (and hopefully healthier!). I'm strength training 3x a week and trying to do a yoga class once a week. So far so good! Next weekend I'm going to a wedding that's not close by so we are staying the weekend. I'm excited for it, but I think that will probably hamper my health-kick I've been on. It's so easy for me to lose motivation if I am even just a few days off track! We shall see!

Xstitch: Woohoo for your awesome doctor's appointment! Now you can just focus on waiting for your BFP in a few months! How are the OPKs working out?

Afairchild: So glad to hear your husband's test results came back all clear! I knew it would! And Happy Anniversary! Hope you had fun celebrating!

Mrs Unicorn: Welcome! I've been charting with Fertility Friend since March and I love it!

chocolatechip: So sorry to hear about your husband's ankle! wishing him a speedy recovery!

Thanks again ladies! Feeling really good after my hubs results!
xstitcher yay for booking flights! That's so exciting!! Have you started the OPKs? I thought about picking one up this weekend but I was really super lazy and didn't lol! That's great about your diet and exercise!! Keep it up!! I'm doing kinda eh all of a sudden so I need to step it back up!

Teevee- girl you're doing awesome!!! This whole time I've been losing weight I haven't been exercising so you're doing super great!! I completely understand about getting off track so quickly! It's so much harder to keep things up! But you can do it! Once you get in the habit it definitely becomes easier! Thanks for the sweet words!!

Our anniversary was nice! We didn't really do much which is my favorite thing hahaha. Kinda wanted to say lets just start trying--well, I did say that actually and my hubs didn't go for it lol!! He wants to keep saving $$$ until December---dang him for being responsible! Lol :)

Hey guys! Quick update. I started OPKs, am on CD 15 but all 'low fertility' readings at the moment. Fingers crossed I get a positive OPK soon! I am using the clearblue digital at the moment.

Feeling a bit down at the moment, I keep thinking that nothing will happen and my cycle will just be messed up from the pill and trying in December won't matter because my cycle will be all messed up! I just need to take a deep breath and just relax, it will all be fine.

It is nice to have the travel as a distraction, stops me from going too crazy!!

Go Teevee! You sound like you're smashing it health wise :)

Glad you had a nice anniversary Afairchild :)

Hope everyone is having excellent weekends!

Awww xstitcher I'm sorry you're feeling down! I understand...I'm feeling extremely impatient too lately. I think that it's gonna be just fine tho! I bet you'll get a positive one soon! It seems like those tests are super sensitive and if you do one thing wrong they don't come out correctly...at least that's what I've seen some people say. It's so aggravating! But I think you're right on track bc you were able to get off the pill in October, your blood pressure is doing great and you're tracking! You still have time to figure it all out :)

I went to wal mart today to pick up an OPK and they only had a ten pack for $30! I was like wow...they are expensive! I definitely don't need ten right now lol so hopefully I can find a smaller pack somewhere else! I forgot we started at the same time and I am on CD15 today too! I really hope I can find one because I want to test tomorrow. I was feeling good but I just got another app to track with and they say two different things. Ovia says my ovulation score is really high right now...like a 10....and glow says its low and I have a 3% chance of getting pregnant. So I'm like ugh I just need to test.

I THINK I've convinced my husband to let us start trying in November because I think I'm gonna be ovulating mid to late November and I don't want to have to start trying in mid to late December. I want to find out in early December that I'm pregnant...not start then! See I'm super impatient and getting way ahead of myself but I can't really help it. We will see what happens!

Speaking of....are any of you wanting to surprise your husband with the news or do you think you'll be so excited that you'll just blurt it out? Or test when they're there? I still can't decide how I want to tell him or if I'll even be able to hold it in when I do find out! Lol. Hope everyone's weekend is great!!

Okay quick little update! I found a 7 pack of OPKs for $20 and got it lol!! I just took one because I couldn't help myself (me buying these sticks is going to be ridiculous bc I have no patience) and it was negative. So that was a bummer. But the directions say try not to test in the morning and to make sure you haven't peed in four hours when you test and try not to drink anything bc that can screw with it and that the peak time is 10 am to 8 pm. Soooo I'm like okay awesome....almost anything could screw with the results! Because mornings would be ideal for me. I'm gonna test in the morning just to see since I wouldn't have had anything to drink and I wouldn't have peed within four hours. Not really expecting anything but I'm gonna save the other five tests for my next cycle. What a frustrating process! Lol

Thanks afairchild :flower: your positivity is just what I needed today. I took another OPK this morning (the digital ones say to do it first thing in the morning) and it was low. But instead of panicking like I did yesterday I am actually pretty calm about it. My cycle will regulate itself and I read up on other women's experiences of coming off the pill. The average cycle length seemed to be late 30's, and if that is the case I won't ovulate until cycle day 24ish.

My Dr said that the time between ovulation and your period starting is always 14 days. The cycle length varies in the days before ovulation. Fingers crossed for both of us!!!

I am sticking with Ovia for now because it did adjust my cycle when I entered in the negative OPK and it is really easy to use.

That's awesome about your hubby agreeing to November! I will have to speak to my own husband about that....that's a fantastic idea! My birthday is on the 20th, so maybe we can just try after that!

I am so with you on the impatience, but when I was doing my menu planner for the week I wrote 1st November over Sunday, so it is slowly getting there!

I hadn't really thought, I would probably just blurt it out, I also thought of doing the test when he is home so we can find out together.

Glad you found some cheaper tests! I get the Clearblue Digital OPKs, 10 for $15ish which isn't bad in Australia. I like them because you can't really stuff them up, you test with your first morning pee and done! But if I am tracking for longer than a few months, I'll have to find some cheaper tests. I think there are heaps of videos on youtube for the different kinds of tests.

It is getting closer guys!!! 1 month and 6 days till 1st December.....

Xstitcher Awww good!! I'm so glad you are feeling calmer! And you are definitely right! It will get regulated and you started tracking early so you're ahead of the game!! That's good to know that the digitals say to test in the morning! I might have to find those because that's really the only realistic time for me to take them with all the requirements there are for it! lol. Omg I would be dancing for joy if we had ten for $15 kits!!!! Hahaha I couldn't believe how expensive they were!

I took one this morning and it was negative again...buuuut I think that I might have ovulated on CD11 because I noticed some CM that I had. It just seemed so early to me so I wasn't sure! I wish I would have taken a freaking OPK test then! now I want my period to hurry up and come NOW! lol!!

Oh I love the Ovia app! That one seems the most simple to me! I can't figure any of the other apps out lol! This is all still so new to me so I find that app is really helpful.

That would be so so awesome if you could start trying right after your birthday!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! November really is practically here already! It's crazy and exciting! I just can feel how close it all is!! :D

And what do you know, the moment I chill out about it all, is the morning I get the blinking smiley face! That means 'High Fertility' and I am about to ovulate, once I get the solid smiley then I will know I've ovulated and I can just wait for my period 14-ish days after that. CM is a really good indication and you can trust your instincts, you can always start OPK's for the November cycle and start testing CD 8 or 9 to see if you do ovulate earlier in the cycle :D It is all so exciting!!!

I spoke to my husband about November and he said "we'll see", so that's his phrase for "I need to think about it" or "I need more information". I'll leave him to it, if I have to wait until December, at least it isn't too far away!

I didn't know about my cycle lengths, so I just started testing with OPKs on CD 10. But I'm on CD 17 now and only just getting the initial indications. I think I'll actually ovulate on CD19. I am actually getting ovulation pain too in my right side, it is so weird!

Don't worry, I went and bought the digital ones today and they are now $30....I got them on sale before and now I'm wishing I had brought more!!

Ovia is definitely the easiest one to use, and I've heard good things about their pregnancy app too.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!!

Ahhhh omg xstitcher that is SO exciting!!!!!! Seriously that makes it a thousand times easier to have some sort of idea!!! I'm so happy for you! It seems like every time we stop stressing it works out better for us! Lol I'm so glad for you!!

I think I'm about to have a very expensive habit on my hands hahaha because I'm definitely gonna start testing in November and I'm sure I'll end up buying the $30 ones this time! I have five tests left tho for November so that's good at least. Lol oh and our husbands seriously sound so similar! My hubs was the exact same way....but you are completely right! Even if you do wait officially until December that is going to be here in no time at all honestly. I still can't really believe it's the end of October!

That does suck that the OPKs are $30 for you now too! But hey, at least you're getting some good results with them! Lol definitely keep us updated! I can't wait until we can start using the Ovia pregnancy app! That's good to know they have one!!

Hope everything else is going great! :)

Thanks Afairchild, I got the solid smiley this morning and continue to get the twinges in my right side. Hubby said that if the next cycle is the same then we can try in November! If it is the same, I wouldn't ovulate till the 28th, so he said we can! :thumbup::happydance:

I think once you have a better idea when you ovulate you can test a little less, next time I'll start on CD 13 or 14 instead of 10 because i know I ovulate around CD 18 or 19. Less tests = Less Money! I am happy to fork out for the digital ones because I know they're working.

When you get your period next you can estimate ovulation by counting back 14 days anyway, so you'll know when to start testing :D

Diet is so so, could be better, could be a lot worse!

Chocolatechip, I hope your husband's ankle is healing well :)

Afairchild, it is spooky how similar our husband's are!

Xstitcher YAAAAAAY!!!! For getting your solid smiley and for your husband saying yes! That is doubly exciting! It is spooky how similar our husbands are hahah but I'm so happy that it's all working out so well for you!! That's just such a relief to have some sort of idea for next time as well!

I am just ready to get my period and then get to testing again! I am pretty sure I ovulated around CD11 so ill def just start testing early this time! Fingers crossed that we both just get a BFP on the first time but I'm gonna try not to get my hopes up lol!

A bunch of people at work have commented on my weight loss which is nice but I've sort of hit a wall...not losing and not gaining. I just need to get back on track!

I've been wondering about chocolatechip as well! Really hope everything is going ok with her husband!'

I'm falling behind on this conversation a bit. Thanks for the encouragement...as expected I dropped off my workout routine during our weekend away, BUT I'm getting myself back in the gym tomorrow so hopefully can get right back into it! Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

Xstitcher: that's awesome that the OPK worked for you right after coming off BC! I've heard that some people's first cycles off BC are really long, but yours sounds great! That's actually around the time I usually ovulate - anywhere between CD 18-21 it seems for the most part. Awesome news that you might start trying in November now! I think we might be on similar schedules because it looks like my next fertile days will be around the end of November as well. BUT we are still going to wait until December to try, which means I likely won't be fertile the end of December if my cycle stays the same. Ah well. It's almost here anyway!

Afairchild: you got me curious about the Ovia app so I just downloaded it. It's so pretty and great! I am still a huge fan of Fertility Friend and will continue using it, but now I'll use both. Which is probably a little nutty on my part, but I find this stuff fun! Can't wait till it's time for the pregnancy app too! And it's great that you likely ovulated CD11. Nice and early so your next cycle will be here before you know it! I wish my cycles were shorter, but they've always been long (35 days-ish) so I feel like it takes forever for the next one to start.

I have definitely been on here a lot more lately because I'm so excited that it's so close and I'm just way too impatient for it all!! Lol I just so badly want it to be here!

That's okay that you went off course a bit for the weekend! It definitely happens to the best of us! That's great that you're ready to get back in the gym tomorrow! I try not to beat myself up whenever I don't do so good food wise...I just always start again the next day! You're doing great!

I'm going to download fertility friend because I've actually wanted to use two apps and compare them! I think that's a really good idea! I have honestly never really tracked my periods before so I'm kind of nervous that I'm not going to ovulate or something like I think I am lol so I'm just anxious for my period to start and be done so that I can start testing and hopefully get a positive quickly! It's a big waiting game, that's for sure!

I cannot believe that December is almost here. Seriously, October just completely flew by!!!! It's crazy!

I also find myself coming on here more often too, especially now it is so close!!

Teevee, I always fall off when I go to events, but life is meant to be lived, so I don't feel bad about it, just get back to it afterwards :) You're doing so great :) December will be here before we all know it!

Because I am an incessant googler and I like to know all the information I can before starting any project, let alone TTC!, and the average first cycle off the pill is 38-39 days. So mine is approximately 32 days, which is pretty good :)

There is 1 tiny chance....we DTD the day before I got the solid smiley and kind of got caught up and forgot :/ I felt so stupid when I realised because we've just booked all our trip! But I doubt it would happen so quickly...So I guess I am also waiting for my period to start now to see if my cycle gets shorter or stays the same or if something crazy happens.

I think November is going to fly by, there are only 30 days in it!

Xstitcher yay!! You sound like you are right on course with everything! And girl that would be SO awesome if it did happen for you that quickly! There is always that chance!! Even if it did happen with your trip...that would still be really exciting! Lol keep us updated!

I'm supposed to start my period on Saturday according to Ovia but I think I'm going to be early...I am cramping a tiny bit and my breasts are really sore. Sooo I'm sure it'll be tomorrow or the next day! I hate that I'm irregular...I think it's gonna make this all a lot more difficult for me but hopefully not. I'm just ready to start trying and it's November 1st so here we go!!!

I'm back in my workout routine and feeling pretty good about it! I actually decided to buy some OPKs the other day but my timing was off because I literally JUST ovulated the day I bought them based on my temps lol So next cycle I'll use them for sure. Mine also say to test in the morning and have the smiley face. I'm pretty excited just to use them lol

Xstitch, your cycle length is right on track! And pretty exciting that you might be KO earlier than expected :) It will be fine either way!

Afairchild: I know how you feel about being irregular, but that's why tracking/charting is so helpful! My cycles have always been long, but now that I've been charting for so long I feel I've really gotten a decent handle on my fertile window, whereas a year ago I wouldn't have had a clue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->