TTC dec 2015

I know the feeling! December will be hear before we know it! I saw Christmas puddings in a shop this weekend.

Fingers crossed for awesome blood test results! I have my appointment for my blood pressure in a week. Only 2 weeks to do on my BC, yay!

I think my spacey feeling was also the onset of the flu :( I have been struck down this week with it. I currently feel like I have been run over by a truck! But when I rang into work, 2 other people from my team had also called in! Must be going around.

I didn't do fantastic with eating this last week, but I will just restart and try again. Congrats on losing a few pounds!

Hi all. Just got back from my early-anniversary trip to California. It was awesome, but I think the stress of traveling screwed up my cycle a bit. Based on my chart, I haven't ovulated yet which is SUPER late for me. It's not a big deal if it's this one cycle but I was really hoping these next couple of cycles before TTC were perfect to set up a nice pattern for when we do start. I know it's not a big deal but I'm kind of irrationally upset about it. However, DH & my actual anniversary is next week so I'm looking forward to that even though we are just celebrating at home. We have a special bottle of wine we've been saving for it! :)

Afairchild: That's really odd about the prenatals - not sure why your doc wouldn't have written the prescription right there and then. Mine did on the spot! They're kind of expensive though so I am sort of wishing I just stuck with over the counter ones, but I already started these and like them so I'll probably stick with them for now.

Speaking of prenatals, is anybody taking any additional supplements now? Prior to this, I was taking fish oil daily but my prenatal actually has fish oil in it so I stopped. But maybe I should be taking more? Can't really find any definitive info on that.

Xstitcher: Feel better! My DH is sick right now too - something is going around! Hoping not to catch it myself!

TeeVee - Travelling can mess up your cycle, so hopefully it is just that and the rest will be nice and regular. I have 1 week 6 days till I stop BC....can you tell I'm excited?!! Then I have 2 cycles to establish some normality before we TTC.

As for supplements, I take additional Vitamin D, as I am slightly deficient in it. But apart from that I do try and get as many vitamins and minerals from my diet as possible. If I felt like I needed to take any additional supplements I would discuss them with my Dr, to make sure they weren't going to interfere with my blood pressure medication or give me an excess (although, that is apparently almost impossible with standard over the counter supps, unless you take in excess of the recommended dose).

Just for some weird info, currently I am taking:
Loette (COCP) - BC
Aldomet - Blood Pressure
Elevit - Prenatal
Ostelin Vit D

In a bit I'll drop the pill, but my Aldomet dose could increase after that or stay the same. Thankfully Aldomet is actually what they use to treat pre-eclampsia in the early stages, this was reassuring for me as my mum had pre-e when she was pregnant with me, so my risk is slightly elevated.

Xstitcher87 oh no! I'm so sorry you're feeling sick! Everyone around me at work is really sick and I'm just BARELY right there with them lol! Trying so hard to stay healthy! I hope you feel better soon!

I had my appointment today and the good news was that I've lost 12 lbs! My numbers did go down a little but I was really surprised that I've lost 12 lbs and my numbers hadn't gone down THAT much. My doctor really wasn't concerned with it tho and said it was controlled fine right now and I didn't need to be on medicine so that was good. Oh but he did say that my vitamin D was way down and I needed to take something for that so that's funny you mentioned that you take that! I'm definitely gonna start! I did get some annoying insight about something that I wasn't expecting at all tho. About five years ago my doctor figured out that I have beta thalassemia minor which is basically that I don't make enough red blood cells and will always be more tired then the average person- kind of like anemia but this beta minor doesn't go away since it's just a gene I carry. My doctors always told me it's not going to effect me and half the time the nurses don't even know what it is. Today when I told my dr that we want to start TTC soon he noticed my thalassemia in my blood work and asked if my husband has it because if he does then if we have a kid there's a chance the kid will get thalassemia major which is super serious and a lot of the time the kid doesn't even make it to the age of 9. So I'm like WTF?!?!?! Huge curve ball that I certainly wasn't expecting! It just pisses me off because I feel like I ALWAYS have something to worry about when it comes to health. I can never just relax!!! So of course I lost it when I got home because it may be nothing at all but I'm just like shit!!! Can I just not stress out!?!? I'm seriously causing my freaking blood pressure to go up because of it!! My husband is like soooo positive that he doesn't have it but I'm like who knows because until I was 20 the doctors missed it for me. I'm just trying to put it out of my mind but it's SO hard!!! Anyways, I'm sorry to write novels all the time lol but I'm just more stressed then ever because I want to be so healthy and my body sucks sometimes! Lol

Teevee I hope that you had a wonderful trip!! That sounds like so much fun and that's so exciting that your anniversary is right around the corner!! I'm actually not taking anything right now--I really need to buy some prenatals and start taking vitamin D too. I'm not sure that I'll take any other supplements other then that because honestly I'm horrible about remembering to take a pill every day. I'm so sorry about your cycle too! I know that can be so frustrating!! I haven't even been tracking mine because my body has been so messed up since I got this implant out so I think once I get my next period I'll start that up again. I think xstitcher is right tho and traveling probably just threw you off a bit!

Oh no Afairchild5!!!!!! What a bombshell to be dropped right before you TTC!!! Is your husband going to get tested and see? I am with him and he probably doesn't have it, 1 in 100000 do, what is the chance you BOTH have it?!!

Fingers crossed his test results come through normal and you can relax :flower: We're here for you, don't worry about writing long posts. That news would have been sooo stressful! I have my appointment soon and I think (with my latest measurements) my doctor should be happy with my blood pressure. We'll see. You can definitely see a trend in my pulse and BP when I felt AWFUL with the flu and when I feel healthy.

I never have much luck with health stuff either. I've worked out I've had a drs appointment roughly every 6 weeks this year. It is crazy! Hopefully 1st October is the LAST one before I'm walking in there with my BFP!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on losing 12 pounds :happydance: that is awesome. Keep up the excellent work!

Awwww thank you so much xstitcher87! You are so sweet and I really appreciate having this place to come to and share things with because I always feel better getting it off my chest and having sweet people like you to talk to! He said he would go and get tested in like 3 weeks because he already has a check up scheduled but he's like not even remotely worried about it. soooo hopefully it's just nothing and me worrying for nothing!

That's so great that your readings have been good and that completely makes sense that your bp would be up when you're sick!! keeping my fingers crossed it goes perfect at the Drs appointment! I def think it will!

But yes hopefully these are the last few Drs appointments we have and December hurries the heck up! Lol I'm just so freaking ready!!!

I know! It is so much easier knowing I can come here and talk to you sweet ladies :) I can't wait for us all to move over to the TTC boards!!

Your hubby sounds like mine, he never worries much and is always so logical and optimistic! He doesn't think we'll have any problems at all and it is really sweet and encouraging.

I am sure the 3 weeks will go so slowly for you, but try not to worry too much, I'm sure it will be fine :flower:

I am feeling slight better this morning, so hopefully I am over the worst of it. I am also sooo ready for December to be here!!

Thank you so much Xstitcher87! I keep thinking about how awesome it'll be when we can move over to the TTC boards as well! I'm so excited for that!!

Our husbands do sound so alike! My husband is just like that when it comes to thinking there will be no problems! It is very very sweet and encouraging because I know right now I'm being really crazy lol!! He said that he would call his doctor today to schedule the blood work because I was like seriously I can't wait 3 weeks. I just have to know!! Otherwise I won't be able to put it out of my head and I'll just sit there and stress about it! So luckily he was sweet and agreed to go ahead and schedule it :).

Glad that you are feeling better and over most of the sickness!! I'm feeling worse unfortunately. Woke up this morning coughing so badly! At least I have some time to get over it before TTC haha. Never fun getting sick tho!

October will be this week though which is just absolutely crazy to me!! So exciting and that means you'll be off your bc in no time! Woohoo!!! So excited that things are happening for us! :)

Hope everyone's weekend was wonderful!

Totally with you ladies about being excited to move over to the TTC boards in just a few months! How was everyone's weekend? Mine was good, I didn't do anything that exciting just mostly relaxed. I'm still annoyed by my chart as I'm having a weird, weird cycle this month, but I'm trying not to stress and hoping it's just an off-cycle due to traveling.

Xstitcher: you are almost off BC! woo! Glad you're feeling better too.

Afairchild: Congrats on losing 12lbs! So sorry about your newest concern. That def sucks to hear from a doctor but hopefully your hubby's worry-free ways will rub off on you and you can relax! It seems really unlikely that he would have it too, but I'm crossing my fingers that his blood work comes up clear!

Hi everyone, it's very encouraging to hear you all so excited about TTC when the time is right. I already have a daughter who is my world along with my husband, it's the most amazing job being a mum. I went part time after I had her and am so much happier with my life. I thought I'd join your group (I hope you don't mind) as we've been trying for our second and sadly I've recently miscarried which was very hard so we are now having to wait before trying again. Waiting is very exciting and like you all I'm very excited about trying and cannot wait for the time to pass. It's going to feel like forever to me as I'm so impatient. I'd like to offer you all some advise though, please don't be disheartened if it doesn't happen straight away, it does take a while, hopefully you're all be very fortunate and fall quickly when you start but it may take a few months and that's completely normal. Fingers crossed we all have our healthy babies here and safely for next Christmas. X

Thank you so much teevee! I really appreciate the kind words yall all have :) definitely brings me some comfort! He has his appointment tomorrow to get his blood drawn so fingers crossed it comes out ok! I'm so sorry that your cycle is still screwed up! I definitely think it's probably the traveling because my friends usually say the same thing when that happens! Crossing my fingers for you that it gets regulated and back to normal super quickly! You're doing awesome tho because I haven't been tracking anything yet because I usually have really irregular periods so I'm gonna try and start up this next time. So you're doing awesome and ahead of the game!! Which will really help you in the long run! :)

Sophiejash welcome!! Of course we don't mind! I'm so so sorry about your recent miscarriage :( I know that must be so heartbreaking!!! You have a great positive attitude tho and that's really awesome and encouraging! definitely will keep you in my thoughts and hope you get lots of rest and relaxation before you start trying again!! Thank you for the advice as well! I know it's definitely something I need to keep in mind because it took most of my friends 2 or 3 months of trying before it happened for them so that is definitely good to keep in mind! I am extremely impatient so I really need to remember that! Lol!

Hope everyone's week is starting off great! Xstitcher eeeee you're gonna be off bc this week!!!!! :D

Welcome Sophiejash! Sorry to hear of your recent loss :cry: You are most welcome to join our merry band of ladies. One of the reasons I want to try is to see whether or not I can actually get pregnant! My mum had loads of trouble getting pregnant, my sister has had two 1st trimester miscarriages, she's currently pregnant for a third time (12 week scan is today so fingers crossed!) and all looks good so far. My other sister also has issues with her cycles etc. My cycle was never messed up like my sister's or mother's...so I'm hoping that I don't have the same trouble, but I wouldn't be surprised if i do.

Afairchild5 - Glad that your DH is getting his bloodwork done :) Hopefully that will give you some piece of mind! He sounds so sweet. It is nice when they indulge our craziness a little.

Teevee - I'll keep my fingers crossed that your cycle settles down soon :) I also can't wait to move across to the TTC boards!

Unfortunately, for me, this week has been mostly spent sleep deprived because, although I'm over the flu part, I have this cough that just won't go away. I've tried EVERYTHING that I could find on google and nothing works. Thankfully I have a doctor's appointment today to discuss my blood pressure measurements and medication so I'll just ask her if there is something more to this cough.

6 more days of BC to go!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!! :happydance: I think I will track using an app and OPKs for October, I am super curious as to what my body will do, but I will try not to worry too much. If I'm not pregnant by the time we get back from our trip in March, then I'll start tracking a bit more closely (temping, OPKs etc) and if I'm not pregnant by May next year, my OBGYN said to make an appointment to go see her (usually you'd have to wait 12 months of trying, but due to family history, she said only wait 6 months).

It is exactly 2 months till the 1st December!!!!!!!! We're getting closer!!

My brain is all over the place, if I have rambled I apologise...I've had 2 hours sleep!

Welcome, sophiejash! I'm very sorry for your recent loss, but you are more than welcome to hang with us here! Thanks so much for the advice, and I'm also hoping by next Christmas all of us will have our little ones to celebrate with!

Afairchild & Xstitcher, thanks for the positivity! I feel like I'm complaining about something that is not really a big deal, but it's just bothering me now that I'm so close to TTC. Glad to have somewhere to vent! And Xstitcher, my DH has a horrible cough too! It was keeping him up at night for a few days but seems like it's starting to get under control now. Hope yours subsides soon!

Just got home from the doctors, she isn't happy with my blood pressure so I'm upping my dosage of Aldomet to two tablets, twice a day. Hopefully over the next two weeks the average goes down enough. All in the name of baby right?!

I also have an ear infection to go with my nice cough, on the plus side I get the day off work tomorrow.

Ironic that the last 6 days of my BC will be ineffective anyway due to the antibiotics! I actually picked up some OPKs today to use next cycle. Fingers crossed!

Hoping your DH's blood tests come back all good Afairchild! Teevee, I think being positive is the way to go. It is nice to have you all being encouraging and positive, I worry enough as it is!

So according to my chart it seems I MAY have ovulated this cycle, just REALLY late (Cycle Day 32). So, as much as this is annoying it makes me feel better that Ovulation did occur, it just was delayed likely due to my traveling stress & all that. Wondering what that means for TTC in December though! Keeping with the same pattern I've been having, I was prob going to be fertile right around the end of Dec (Xmas time), but now with this long cycle I'm thinking my fertile period would get pushed back to early Jan. We shall see! I've become so obsessed about timing lately, it's kind of ridiculous lol

Sorry to hear about your latest BP reading, Xstitch! Hopefully the new dose will settle it down. On the plus side only a few more days till you're DONE with BC! Really exciting about buying OPKs too! Let us know how it goes when you use them! I'm thinking I might try them out at some point too.

Awww xstitcher keep us updated on your sister!! So hoping that it works out for her this time! And hoping that you have absolutely no problems when your time comes! :) and I'm so sorry you can't kick your sickness!! That's usually how it goes for me too when I get really sick! It takes forever for it to just go away! I think it's great that you are getting all your blood pressure stuff worked out way ahead of time before TTC! Even tho it wasn't the most ideal thing that you heard today, I really think that you're gonna get all this stuff squared away so you'll be perfectly ready to go by December!! Your husband sounds very sweet and encouraging as well! I go SO crazy about every little thing bc I just want to be perfect when I'm starting to try and concieve and so I feel like our husbands are similar and them being calm and supportive really helps and balances us out! Oh and I LOVE how you have things planned out! Sounds awesome! I'm probably rambling because I use my phone to come on this website and so I have to constantly scroll up to keep track of what we've been talking about hahah. I really need to get internet at my house so I can do this on the computer!

Teevee I completely understand worrying about things like that!! It's not little stuff at all! It does make a difference so it's sooo frustrating when your body doesn't cooperate and you're trying to get on track! I definitely understand!! Happy that you think you ovulated! Sounds like things are gonna get back to normal pretty soon! Hoping it starts to go smoothly from here on out!

I'm so anxious to get my husbands results back! It's a special blood test so it takes a week. I'm like man! And then I started taking my prenatals on Monday and they have iron in them and that has KILLED my stomach!! Like I couldn't bear them any longer so I didn't take it today and feel a little better. I'm gonna have to find one without iron! It really is always something hahaha.

Aww thanks ladies :) I am sure my BP will come down soon. I'm just about to start measuring today. I'm also spending my sick day from work playing in my stitching stuff and organising it.

My sister's 12 week scan went really well, technically she's 13 weeks 1 day. It also looks like the baby is a boy! :flower: Although the tech said it was only 80% certainty, but she'll find out for sure at her 20 week scan. I am happy things are going well, but if the baby is a boy, my sister probably plans to use our father's name as his first name....our father passed away 15 years ago (I was 13, she was 8)...am I wrong to feel a bit hurt about that? It isn't like I want to use the name myself, but it is still a special name to me and I just feel odd about having to call my nephew that name...it brings with it so many painful memories.

Also, another piece of advice I require, she sent me an ultrasound picture but (due to many other reasons I won't go into now) I did a reverse image search online and the picture is from google :( I know she definitely IS pregnant but do I confront her about it? It seems awkward...this is the second time it has happened...

Hooray for ovulation teevee! Your next cycle might not be as long as this one, so hopefully a christmas cycle for you! I totally understand worrying about it though!

I have 5 tablets left!! Yay!! Can't wait to be done! I'm also kind of scared, but in a good way?! I seriously can't talk enough about how awesome my husband is.

Afairchild - I hope the results come back speedy! Sorry to hear that your prenatal is messing with your stomach! I know a lot of people who have problems with Iron like that. I hope you find one to suit you :)

I know I'm not a very regular poster but I have been here for a few months and I can't believe it's already October! Less than two months ladies - I'm SO excited.

Thanks again ladies for your upbeat words! Always makes me feel better checking in here!

Afairchild: I've heard that a lot of women have stomach troubles with prenatals, so you're definitely not alone! Try another brand - there is something for everyone out there! Also, if you ever have an issue where you feel nauseous after taking a vitamin, try taking it at night. That's what I do because years ago I used to feel slight nausea after taking my regular multi vitamin in the morning before eating. I tried taking it after eating something but I kept forgetting, so I just made it part of my nightly ritual and haven't have a problem since! Still sending you lots of good vibes that your husband's test results come back all clear!

Xstitcher: Congrats to your sister! Totally understandable to feel that way about the name choice though. (So sorry to hear about your father!) I'm sure she wants to do it to honor him and her heart is in a good place, but I can definitely see how you would have a tough time with it. And I don't even know what to say about finding the ultrasound picture she sent you on Google! That's just so...odd...considering she really IS pregnant! I don't know the dynamic you have with her to really know whether you should confront her about it...I probably wouldn't if it were me, but I'm pretty passive overall lol I just think it's so strange she would do that when she really is pregnant! Why not just send you the real ultrasound pic? In other news, I'm excited for you that you're almost done with BC! Totally get the feeling scared but in a good way part. That's how I feel about just being 2 months away from TTC overall!

Hey chocolatechip, glad you could join the fun! Less than TWO MONTHS!!! Woohoo!

Xstitcher87 that's great that your sisters scan went so well!! So exciting! I am SO sorry to hear about your dad tho :( I can't imagine how hard that is and I completely don't blame you for feeling a little upset about her using your dads name. I think that would be really hard :/ but hopefully after time it would get a little easier. About the google images....that is so weird! Like teevee said, idk why you would do that if you really are pregnant! I have brothers and I confront them about EVERYTHING lol but then again the dynamic is different when it comes to brothers and sisters and especially with that topic. I guess I probably wouldn't say anything but idk... Still kind of odd. :/.
So happy that you are almost done with the bc tho!!!! I'm right there with you....really scared but really excited! Your whole life changes so it's just such a scary thought but one I've never been more ready for!!

Chocolatechip I am SO ready as well! I can't believe it's already October! So exciting!

Teevee- thanks for the encouragement! I researched it online and a bunch of pregnant women said there are iron free gummy prenatals that there dr said is fine until the like 3rd trimester or unless you are really anemic! So I went to Walmart yesterday and found some!! Can't wait to start taking those and hopefully they're a lot better on my stomach! That is a great idea to take them before bed too! I never thought about that but that would probably really help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->