TTC for 6+ months? *20 bfp's and counting!*

i tried cheri22 and she said she said she could see a baby girl either due concieved or find out bout in july for me but not feeling hopeful at all.just found out my sister is 9 and half weeks pregnant she didnt tell me sooner cos she found out the day i miscarried.im so happy for her cos it took her a year to concieve her little girl so why do i feel like crying my heart out ?? :cry:

I got a result of 34 nmol/l (according to the internet a result of 30nmol/l (or 10 ng/ml) and above suggests ovulation)...but I'm concerned that I just had a higher level than normal this month (had sore bbs etc this month that I don't normally have). I would have liked to have seen a higher number to feel a bit more confident about ovulation!

Waiting to see what the doc says as he also tested for thyroid, testosterone, oestrogen and other things. Hopefully should hear tomorrow morning!

I am tempted to try Agnus Castus next month...but I don't know if doc will want to do another blood test and I don't want to mess with my hormones if so, so I guess I will have to wait and see what he says!!

How are you getting on?

Higher is better than lower though. I had thyroid blood work done along with the progesterone. Dr. said everything looked great on those. DH's SA was normal. Doing great after the polyp removal I had 0 pain afterwards which was nice. AF was only a day late so we're back to trying again. I have a check up tomorrow.

You're right, higher is better :) I'm worried though, that if it was higher this month, that means the other months I may be under the 30 mark to confirm ovulation...and I am concerned the doc will just take the result this month and assume all is fine. I will ask if I can have another Day21 test next month just to confirm that the progesterone is still high enough and that it wasn't a one off!

Sounds like you're doing great! Good to hear all your tests are coming back normal. You doing anything different this month?

Taking folic acid since all other multi-vitamins make me sick. I always end up with horrible colds every time I try to take them. I'm more relaxed, positive, and I don't feel like anything is stopping us. I've cut caffeine out of my diet and drinking lots of water. I may try Pre-Seed next month we'll see.

New wifey, I know how you feel - I just found out that a close friend is pregnant again after suffering a miscarriage last year. I am so over the moon happy for her, but I also cried a little that night. I felt so guilty for crying as I am genuinely happy for her, but I think it just bears a constant reminder that I'm not there yet. Hopefully now that you've digested the news you can focus on your own situation - that's how I feel now.

That's great you had a reading done! Did you find it helped in any way? I found it comforting to hear that pregnancy was seen in my future, but like you I'm just sceptical about the dates given. Trying to stay hopeful though! x

Hi everyone,

Think that’s me officially in the two week wait. Had two LH surges several days apart but hoping we have covered our bases.

How is everyone?

I am also surrounded by pregnant women. My 3 best friends are pregnant at the moment. To be honest though, none of them had an easy journey and their stories give me hope.

MrsB my progesterone was 34 too and although it is considered normal I would consider it on the low side of normal. Do you spot before AF? I spot for a week before my AF is due and have been prescribed Progesterone from 6dpo. Not sure if I going to take it this cycle as to be honest, my spotting has increased since taking it.

Flou so sorry, how are you feeling?

Sandoval-star sorry to hear about your DHs sperm results. We also had bad news about DHs swimmers but after cutting out caffeine, reducing alcohol and taking macca, vit c, zinc, wellmans and multivitamin his last sperm analyses was considered normal. Do you know the actual results?

xxx

Thanks Dreaminhoping - that's exactly what I was thinking - 34 is ok but still on the low side. Yes, I spot before AF...usually between 3 and 6 days before AF starts (it's being really weird this month...I'm now having something that is too heavy to be classed as spotting and too light to be classed as the start of AF...it's more like day 4 or 5 of AF...barely had any cramping either, it's very strange!). I think my Progesterone was higher than normal this month (based on sore bbs which can signal high P and I don't normally get them that sore) so I am going to try and persuade docs to redo the blood test next month. That's not good...I thought the point of Progesterone supplements was that the spotting should pretty much stop!! have you ever tried Agnus Cactus? I want to at some point but not starting yet in case docs will agree to a second blood test.

Go sugarpi! Yay for you getting back on track!

How's everyone doing? xx

Great news Sugarpi!! So happy for you!!

Cntry - It's Vitex.

Mrs. B - Are you in the UK? In US measures 34 is a freaking awesome P4 level. I did the Angus Castus (Vitex) for 1 cycle. It didn't help me... I found that the B-Complex 100 help's me more. ;)

Dreaminghoping - I find it odd that your starting the Progesterone @ 6dpo. I start mine at 3dpo which is pretty standard - I have heard of girls staring on 2dpo though. I bet if you start it earlier than it will be in your system earlier for it to prevent the spotting. I'd start @ 3dpo next cycle. It is def supposed to stop the spotting and if it isn't then you could always ask about upping your dosage. My direct co-worker is currently PG and it kills me to see her bump all day long at work. I feel bad saying that but it hurts. It's a constant reminder...

AFM, I heard from my OBGYN office that my Progesterone level this cycle was 23.6 - which I am somewhat happy about. It is up from the 21 last cycle. My Dr. likes to see >15 on a medicated cycle. But since it is fairly close to last months - I feel like I most likely don't have a chance this month. I plan to test on Monday - it was my EDD. :(

Its friday yeah!

Snowflakes.. You may be on to something. I was def told to take them at 6 dpo. I am not going to be able to take them earlier this cycle as having my progesterone tested this month and it will skew the results.*

MrsB how is your spotting today? There is a group of great ladies on here on a thread call - spotting week before AF anyone else - if u scroll through plenty of ladies who spot go on to get their bfp so fingers crossed. It is distressing though.*

New wifey, I know how you feel - I just found out that a close friend is pregnant again after suffering a miscarriage last year. I am so over the moon happy for her, but I also cried a little that night. I felt so guilty for crying as I am genuinely happy for her, but I think it just bears a constant reminder that I'm not there yet. Hopefully now that you've digested the news you can focus on your own situation - that's how I feel now.

That's great you had a reading done! Did you find it helped in any way? I found it comforting to hear that pregnancy was seen in my future, but like you I'm just sceptical about the dates given. Trying to stay hopeful though! x
ya found it a bit helpful just have to wait and see now if shes right!!how u feeling at the mo did DH have other sperm sample?

Dreaminghopin im feeling better than i did at the wkend. Ive been ttc now for 14 months and thats closest we have come to having our baby.

Ive booked a docs appointment on the 12th july for both me and my DH to see if we can have tests done. Ive had cd21 bloods done but thats it so far.

Hope for a sticky bean soon! Babydust to all!

Cntry - as snowflakes said it's vitex - not sure why it has different names?!!

Snowflakes - yep, unfortunately I'm in the UK. So 34 is good but not great (they like to see 30+). I keep hearing about B complex - that just all the B vitamins right? I am assuming I already take this - I take prenatal vitamins (they include B1, B2, B3, B6, B12)? Should I be taking anything else??

dreamin - yesterday spotting went to AF with cramping too (oh joy). But it seems to have settled down again, still AF but not as heavy as it normally is and cramping seems to have stopped now. I guess I'm just having a messed up AF this month!! Thanks - will go and have a look at that group!

Flou - you're a month ahead of me in ttc :) GL with your docs appointment, let us know how it goes. And glad you're feeling better too!

Sugarpi - Yay, GL with your Ultrasound. FX this is your cycle!!

xx

Just been reading about Soy Isoflavones - they act like a natural clomid apparently...anyone tried them??

Mrs. B - I haven't tried them but I have heard good things about it. A girl in a SMEP thread that I regularly contribute to got PG last cycle with them. Def worth a shot.

The B-Complex 100 extended my LP by a day or 2. There is a lot of info online about how B-6 specifically helps your progesterone. I took just a 100mg B-6 supplement for like 3 months and it worked great - I switched to the B-Complex 100 because it has another 400mg of Folic Acid onto top of my Prenatal Vit so I figure it can't hurt to take more... Plus, I am stressed out alot with TTC and I have read that the B-Complex helps with that. So we'll see...

Flou - I am happy that you are making an appt to get some testing done. I bet you will leave there feeling great because you'll have a plan. I know that it always helps me! Glad you spirits are up a bit too.

Thanks Snowflakes, I think I am going to give soy a go this cycle. I may have to look into the B-complex vits...I already take a prenat vits that have quite a lot of b-vits in so I am a little concerned of overloading myself!

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for the past year. My period was recently 6 days late...we were soo excited. I had all the symptoms of what "pregnancy" feels like in the first few weeks (cramping, fatigue, sensitive breasts) but had 2 negative home pregnancy tests. This morning I woke up with terrible cramps and found out that I started my period. I guess once in a while a woman's cycle changes. This is getting soo frustrating but I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one experiencing these challenges. Good luck to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->