Ttc july 2014

Hi everyone!

Hope you are all doing well. Just realised how fast this month is going by! It's already the 20th.. when did that happen?
We have REALLY entered the typical two year old faze now :dohh:.. this has honestly been the first MAJOR time I have questioned having another baby.
DS has always been an independent, but easy going baby.. suddenly its like someone has thrown a switch and there is this demon child in my home.
Sreaming, smashing, throwing things etc etc.. really doing my head in! What has happened to my happy little man :cry:
This is such a difficult time, for all of us.. and I have to rememeber that he is still only little and dealing with so many new emotions all the time.
Thankfully he is still a naturally caring child and lovesto cuddle/ read books together and get lots of kisses.. in between throwing things and screaming NO as he runs away from us :wacko:

Sorry for the long ramble.. been reading all of your posts and really enjoying having you all together on here.. while we all count down the days. :flower:

@Canadabear: That sounds tough. Unfortunately I can't give you any advise as I'm a total nitwit when it comes to children and education :blush: But as it'll be at least a year before your new baby arrives, I guess there's a good chance he'll have grown out of it by then.

@Feb4th: That's so sweet how proud you are for your son saying 'owl' :) I remember my colleague being over the moon for her little girl saying 'chestnut' :laugh2:
Cuba is really lovely btw! Although there is a lot of poverty, the people are very warm and positive. I've been to the most beautiful beach ever on Cuba. You had to pay an entrance fee for the beach (which unfortunately made it too expensive for the locals to enjoy it), but it was so calm and beautiful and serene, the water was so clear you could see the white sand beneath. It was amazing.

Thanks Eline :hugs:.. this week has been getting better and better.. DH has managed to get DS back into a routine.. and after nearly 2 months of refusing to nap at all, DS is back to his afternoon naps and sleeping mostly through the night again :yipee: DH really is an AWESOME stay at home dada.

Sound like a wonderful trip! Cuba has always been on my list, just haven't made it there jus yet. Hope you are having a great time! :flower:

Feb4th: for some reason I read that your DS said 'ow' as in ouch :dohh:.. so much fun when they start talking and I LOVE the assortment of words that pop out! Owl.. that's great!

Hi everyone. I was talking to my 10 year old niece last night and she asked me when I was going to have a baby? Really wanted to tell her hopefully next year. But just said not sure, maybe in a few years. Just got me thinking really. No one actually knows our plan to ttc in July. But I'm getting that excited already that I want to shout to the whole world. Have any of you told people in the real world? Does it have to be a secret?

I've told my sister and some close friends we'll be ttc from September, but I haven't told anyone about NTNP from July on. Last year a lot of people started asking us about our baby plans, so I thought it was better to just tell the truth and stop the endless questions about it. Also my DH had told some friends, so there was no reason not to tell my friends too.

Hi All,

I'd love to join this group! I have been a member on this site in the past whilst ttc'ing my daughter, who is now 19 months. We are WTT until around September, but may try NTNP sooner than that. I haven't been on this site in nearly 2 years, so I'm happy to be back and show some support.

Eline- What beach did you go too?? We are headed to Cayo Coco and I heard that there is a beautiful beach called "pillar beach" we are hoping to hit it up while we are there:)
- Nothing wrong with sharing with people that your going to try:)its just a personal choice! I was always really open with friends about our TTC journey... and when it started to be more difficult that we expected we told them about that as well. It actually made it easier on me in the long run, because i didn't get the "sooo when are you guys going to start a family?" Everyone was great. That being said when you do fall pregnant it will be harder to keep the secret from people until 12 weeks...
which leads to another conversation of " should we wait until the first trimester is over" We found out 11DPO. I told my best friend right away, as she was just 7 weeks ahead of me and had also struggled to conceive, we told my family just a couple weeks later:) I needed those first few weeks to let it fully sink in that i was truly pregnant. I wait for the FB world to find out.. i think i was about 14 weeks at that time. This time around i'll tell family and close friends sooner... if something was to happen and the pregnancy ended I would need those people for support.

Canadabear: isnt it just the greatest?! I'm so glad to hear that your DS has decided to start having nap time again. Your husband is a super hero for making it through without the NAP!!! i love nap time hahaha, its the only time i can sometime to myself, or get some work done around here!!

Kgriffin- Welcome!!! I actually recognize your profile name from a few years back. Always made me think of Kathy Griffin hahaha

I wont be on for a few weeks now! we don't fly out until next week, but I'm heading to my mums for a few days prior too, so DS can get adjusted before we leave.

DS slept until 8am today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! last 3 weeks have been between 530-630. I so need that today:)

We went to Playa Ancon, which is, I think, a little far from where you'll be at, but I'm sure you'll have an equally beautiful beach nearby ;)

Is anyone else addicted to birth stories? I read several every day: there's a very big supply on this forum. (Unfortunately I read them during work hours :s)

Yes I've also started reading birth stories. I don't come on this forum everyday, but when I do I am on here for hours. I read the baby names section a lot too. This forum is too addictive!

Hi everyone! I decided I needed a bit of a break to calm my obsessive mind for a couple of weeks but my cousin had her baby this week and I need to talk babies badly!

It's my three year wedding anniversary next week and we've got a nice day/evening planned which I'm looking forward to. Strange to think that we both started talking about babies three years ago, the time has flown.

Canadabear, that is so exciting that you're trying earlier than originally planned! You'll have to keep us updated even when you're lucky enough to move into the TTC stage!

I never read the birth stories as I'm too scared, I'm not scared of having a baby to care for but the thought of giving birth and even being massively pregnant scare the hell out of me. Is it selfish of me to worry about my body never being the same again?

My notifications are not working to let me know my post was replied to, any idea how to fix that?

other than that, happy to be here, hope everyone is having a good day!

Hi there. I'm WTT for around june/july. Would be trying for #3.

I'm 20, Australian and have a 2yr old daughter and 5 week old son.

Hello everyone!!
So great this thread is so active. Welcome all new people
We are away until next Saturday..so will update everything then.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Just read about reading birth stories.. would anyone care to share one or more on here?
Might be nice to have an idea of our past experiences and open ourselves up for any questions. Especially from those of you wtt#1.
Just remember... NO JUDGEMENT please.. we are here to support each other. Thanks :flower:

At the moment I'm not really worried about how a pregnancy would change my body, although I probably will worry once I'm actually huge :) The broodiness just makes it seem great to walk around with a big belly.

Hi Leopard! Wow you're back WTT real soon after the birth of your son. A small age gap is very nice though, me and my sister are also less then two years apart.

Although last night I was naughty and had a pizza for dinner which really bloats my belly and I was in front of the mirror holding it like a baby bump haha! Crazy I know! My best friend and I are planning to try at the same time and she is 5"10 and I'm 5"2 - I think I'm going to look like a bowling ball next to her haha!

I did actually brave a few of the borth stories today and they are definitely helpful as I didn't know about half the stuff that goes on in labour! I'm just such a wimp and was always planning to rely on getting an epidural ASAP but I didn't realise that they damage some peoples backs for a long time. There are do many decisions to make that I haven't even thought about, makes it all a bit daunting and scary!

Excited though!! 21 weeks today!

I'm also WTT at the end of July this year. Will be #1 for us! Waiting because hubby is having a vas reversal in April. Takes 3-4 months post reversal to get a fresh reserve of swimmers, so we planned on starting in July or August. So excited!

Hi everyone. Hope you're all well. I'm getting my implant removed on Thursday. Can't wait. We are going to be using condoms for a while. But still it feels like we are one step closer.

That's nice. Will you be charting once your implant is out?

I've decided to change jobs. I'm supposed to tell my boss today or tomorrow and work out the details over the next few weeks (I'm so nervous about that :s ). At first I was planning to wait until I was pregnant to announce I would not be coming back after my maternity leave, but I don't know if I can wait that long. Unfortunately, finding a job when ttc so soon isn't ideal, but I'm planning to be honest about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->