Ttc july 2014

well thats it implant is out. No I'm not going to start charting for now. The doc said it could take around 8 weeks to get a period anyway. So for now I'm just not going to think about. Plus I'm kind of lazy and charting just sounds hard work!
Good luck with the job search. Do you have to tell your employer you're looking for a new job? I was just thinking if it takes a while it might be a bit awkward with your boss knowing you want to leave.

Hello all! Back home after being away 2 weeks training for work. Took DH and DS with me... was a nice break but so happy to be home now.
Sorry can't remember who wrote about birth stories etc... I am VERY much into researching everything... so when was pregnant I spent most of the first and second trimesters reading as much as possible... and found what made sense for me.
I have a very strong belief that our bodies are made to give birth. That being said I also fully support any INFORMED decision a woman makes for her labour/birth and her baby. There are a lot of different factors to consider and sometimes a lot of conflicting info out there.
My suggestion is to read read read and ask questions. For the most part you are in control of the way you want to birth your baby... obviously that changes to varying degrees with any medical complications. But you need to know all the facts and have an understanding of things before it all starts. Then you can make the best choices for yourself and your baby.

OK... rant over! :haha: Just feel very strongly about making informed choices.

So is anyone interested in reading each others birth stories on here? Any one want to share?

Hope you are all doing well. Will try to update the list tonight.

Ooh can I join we're going to ttc again in July I'm going to finish my mini pill in June!

Hi Claudinator, welcome! Your baby Joe is adorable!

Last week I read an article about how it is important for both the mother and father to be to live healthily for at least 70 days before conception. Is that something you guys think about? Seeing as the World Cup is played in June, I don't think living healthy will be an option for my dear OH during that time :)

Hi Claudinator, welcome! Your baby Joe is adorable!

Last week I read an article about how it is important for both the mother and father to be to live healthily for at least 70 days before conception. Is that something you guys think about? Seeing as the World Cup is played in June, I don't think living healthy will be an option for my dear OH during that time :)

Interesting.
I haven't read a lot about the male side of things but I remember reading something about scientists doing more research into male health contributing to conceiving as well as fetus/baby health. Not sure but makes sense to both be as healthy as possible. Though I wouldn't stress about it too much. Just try to be as healthy as possible and remember to take your folic acid/ prenatal vitamins.

I will be getting my Paragard implant out in June to start trying in July, but I decided to start charting early because I kind of having a conception or back to WTT scenario.

Boy does charting make the days go by slowly!

Can you imagine how slow the days must go when you're TTC and have to wait two weeks for your next ovulations and then again two weeks. :dohh: I'm not looking forward to that!

Did you all have a nice Valentine's Day weekend?

Can you imagine how slow the days must go when you're TTC and have to wait two weeks for your next ovulations and then again two weeks. :dohh: I'm not looking forward to that!

Did you all have a nice Valentine's Day weekend?

The days drag on soooo much when your TTC... We had a good weekend, DH was off work for three days and we just had a lazy weekend! Rented a movie ordered some pizza on friday:)

I'm trying to find my birth story ATM...

Please can I join too? I've been reading this thread for a few weeks and have had my implant taken out today so I finally feel like I'm taking a step towards TTC baby no.1. I'm 30 and my husband is 31 and we're waiting until we have bought a house, which will hopefully happen around July time. Although even if we haven't found a place by then I'm hoping to convince my DH to start trying then anyway.

Until then I'm trying not to spend my whole time thinking about babies and looking at baby clothes online (which is getting harder since several friends have just announced their pregnancies so I feel I have a legitimate reason for looking at said clothes...even though I'm really looking for me rather than for them!).

welcome blue!!

I thought i would mention to any Canadian or American woman that I have found a web site that sells OPK's and pregnancy tests for cheap! www.opktests.com
I think it was 25 pregnancy tests for like 9 bucks?! Shipping is $2.50. Its a woman out of Calgary, Alberta who set up this website to sell these items for cheap. She had trouble conceiving and spent hundred of dollars on tests... she wanted to give back and help woman out, so she found a supplier and is able to sell them cheap! I have ordered from her last go around, and I am planning to order more in a few months!

welcome blue!!

I thought i would mention to any Canadian or American woman that I have found a web site that sells OPK's and pregnancy tests for cheap! www.opktests.com
I think it was 25 pregnancy tests for like 9 bucks?! Shipping is $2.50. Its a woman out of Calgary, Alberta who set up this website to sell these items for cheap. She had trouble conceiving and spent hundred of dollars on tests... she wanted to give back and help woman out, so she found a supplier and is able to sell them cheap! I have ordered from her last go around, and I am planning to order more in a few months!

ohhhhh thanks for that! I love testing. :haha:
Hope every one is doing well. Sorry haven't updated list .. only have my phone right now so hard to do it.
Excuses... I know..
Just realised my count down app is at 98 days until TTC!!!
And I have already started basic charting even though said I was just going to go ntnp at first.
But this time I am actually full on trying for a specific birth month.. so charting seems a good idea.
Though haven't done any temping yet.
How is every one passing the time?

Hi all,
We're waiting to try in July too :)

I'm 21 and DH is 22. We got married in June but been together over 7 years (7 years in feb 2014) I'm really broody but DH wants to wait until we move closer to family end of June. I understand but it's SO hard when i'm so ready already.

I've just come off Yasmin pill after 2 years on 2nd Feb (microgynon 4 years before) had normal withdrawal bleed a few days later but nothing yet? hoping next weekend i'll have had my first real period in a long time!! fingers crossed anyway.

Anyone got any advice coming off the pill (yasmin or other) and how long it took you to AF?

xx

Hello all:) I got the go ahead from my Gastroenterologist to start TTC as early as May!Although we are going to stick with our plan :) I have a bit of a stomach bug that has been lingering since 2 days after we got back from our trip, and we had concerns that it was lingering effects from my previous stomach issues. BUT my DR thinks its most likely a bug i caught in Cuba and isn't too concerned.

We are technically NTNP... but are super careful around "O" time (if I'm ovulating?) This has been our method since our LO was born.

I still haven't found my birth story:( I think i might have to re write it from memory. A few main points are: I had a hospital birth, a written birth plan, from start to finish I was in labor for 37.5 hours, My main goal was to have a drug free birth, but at 26 hours of labor and being awake for 42 hours I decided to get an epidural. I needed a break! I hired a doula, which was the BEST decision for me. I can't say enough good things about her and what she did for us. I pushed for 50 minutes and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. Its also the thing I'm most proud of in my life :) Our next baby I would like to have a Midwife, in Saskatchewan we have a HUGE shortage in midwives and i don't have a very good chance at getting one but we will try! The city I will deliver in has almost 300,000 people and only 4 full time midwives and 1 part time :/ We are going to be considering a home birth as well, its a little tricky for us as we don't actually have a home in the city lol. A few details would need to be taken care of lol, and we will most definitely be hiring our doula again! Hopefully she hasn't started her own family yet at that time! Although I would be thrilled for her if she did:)

Hi everyone,

Time is flying! When we started this post at the start of the year July seemed ages away and now it's nearly March and everyone seems to be getting prepared :happydance:

I am taking folic acid and saving every penny! It is so strange how my mind set has changed as I normally spend money so easily and now I see how much I much have wasted over the years! I wish Mulberry would stop emailing me their new collections, trying to tempt me with my major weakness! I keep comparing a handbag to a buggy to keep me focused! :shy:

Did the ladies in the Uk watch One Born Every Minute tonight? Scares me off and makes me ridiculously broody all in one programme!

Victoria, I watched One Born Every Minute last night, I've not really watched it before but I went through a load of baby related pregnancy programmes yesterday including a couple of episodes of Portland Babies, one I can't remember the name of and topped of with OBEM. Fortunately the OH was out and only saw OBEM or he'd realise how obsessed I am with all of this baby stuff! I think watching women give birth did freak him out a bit and he made a couple of comments about wanting to be waiting on the other side of the door when I give birth as he's squeamish....I have informed him on several occasions that this won't be happening! Has anyone else thought this far ahead and discussed it with OHs?

Not long to go until July now. I too am saving as much as I can as we want to buy a house before TTC, it's definitely giving me a reason to save!

I wanted to watch it, but didn't dare to because my OH was in the room. I think I'll tape some episodes though to watch when he's out. He will see I taped them though. I often think it's stupid to try to hide it as we've set a date and he knows I'm looking forward to it, but I just don't want him to feel pressured

i watched it. But DH left the room as soon as it came. I said it'll be good preparation for him to watch it. But he wouldn't. Strange to think that might be us going through that in little over a year if it happens straight away

Are you all starting your prenatals three months in advance or more/less? I'm thinking about starting them the end of March, which seems crazy soon. In two weeks I'll go get my last pill prescription as well, I'm so excited about that. I even dreamed about it last night.

I was quite surprised as for once DH did not run away when one born every minute was on, usually he is lightning quick to pop round a mates while it is on! He was pretty quiet though like he was deep in thought, and at the end announced that 'it doesn't look that hard, you'll be alright' (!!!)

I have started taking filmic acid but can't get into a routine so forget it quite often as it doesn't fit in my make up bag which is where my pill is to remind me each day. I started my last box of pills yesterday and our savings have built up really well. I must admit I'm a bit nervous but excited also xx

Feb4th2011 what kind of stomach issues are u dealing with?

I can't believe it is march already -- so excited!!!

I started prenatals this month and have been off the pill for a few months. My cycle was doing great and I could even tell by cm when I was ovulating, but this month I went off my antidepressants which I have been on since after my first for PPD and I wasn't able to track my O by cm this month. hopefully I am still on a regular cycle.

coming off yasmin I gained so much weight! it always happened when I came off of it for whatever reason. so annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->